Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:48:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to protect your wallet from hackers  (Read 31407 times)
xiboothrezi

Activity: 1246
Merit: 285

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2018, 11:27:01 PM

This is strange, but the most reliable way is to write the password on a piece of paper and put it under the keyboard)) Because any computer can be hacked.
A pretty good idea: D Backing up data is very important. Make sure the place is safe. Btw, storing a private key and accessing other data on a computer really doesn't matter if we are able to avoid phishing and other dangerous websites. Be careful with your clicks, don't open websites that you don't know. It's better to bookmark a website that you visit often, especially those related to cryptocurrency.

▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄               ▄▄▀█
    ▄█        ▀▄         ▄▄▀▀   █
  ▄▀ ▐▌         █    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄█
▄▀▀▀ █           █▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀  █
▀▀▄█▌▌       ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀
   ▀▄█    ▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀
     █   █                      ▄▄▄
      █ ▐▌            ▄▄       █   █▄
       █▀█         ▄▀▀ █        ▀▄ ▀██
       █  ▀▄     ▄▀   ▄ █         █
       █  ▄ ▀▄  █    █   ▀▀▀▄   █▀▀
      █  ▄▀  ▐▌█      █  ▄▀  █ ▐▌
  ▄███▄▄▀  ▄██▄█  ▄███▄▄▀  ▄█▄▄▄█
TFSM o v e   Y o u r   G a m e
T o   T h e   N e x t   L e v e l
|||████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
JOIN NOW
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tterrorpipa

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2018, 11:05:04 PM

Absolutely, in addition you should also keep your private key safe from others. Also it will be necessary to get a spare wallet to safeguard your coins and just be careful about some strange emails that do pop up sometimes in your inbox.
Exactly, because the new tactics on scamming other people, is by going thru some strange emails. Do not open easily emails, especially when the sender is unknown, it may contain potential virus to access your wallet.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
lehnelora

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 11:36:23 PM

I think the hardware wallet is very safe but it certainly costs money. I still use Ethereum-based Myetherwallet wallet. This wallet is even now very safe, especially the cost of sending coins is very cheap. The most important thing is we can keep the password lock correctly.
Lolox

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 11:39:26 PM

Protecting the wallet from the reach of hackers is indeed not easy. But it can be overcome through our actions every day when we access crypto and refrain from keeping well on account data from everyone. Saving through hardware will be promising enough to be protected, even though the costs required are also quite large.

P A R A M O U N T ▬▬  DAX  ▬▬                    Digital E X C H A N G E
██ [   We have a license   ◾ F V R 0 0 0 3 6 3   ◾ F R K 0 0 0 3 0 4   ] ██
WHITEPAPER   ◥ bitcointalk   ◥ twitter   ◥ facebook      | ► JOIN NOW
Gatsby club

Activity: 406

keyTango

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 11:51:19 PM

People write here a lot of different tips, but sometimes in order to take all the necessary precautions it is enough to have a very simple device - a hardware wallet. I did just that and everything is fine with me in terms of security.

cerberus5424

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 11:57:09 PM

The only normal way to protect against hackers is to purchase a hardware wallet. Everything else depends on your precautions working in the network.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
tomboi

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 02:16:12 AM

One strategy that is effective enough to protect crypto wallets is to store coins that are owned in a hardware device. Saving it there will be difficult to reach by viruses or malware that hackers spread online. In addition, if you want to save it in crypto, it is better to store more than one wallet. That is to avoid the bad possibilities that can happen to your assets.
cewekimut

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 02:22:38 AM

The most important thing is not to steal our wallets, of course, you have to keep the password lock correctly. I store passwords in data that is not connected to the internet. Then I use not only one wallet to store digital assets but use several wallets. And I think that's what makes hackers safe.

█████
                    ██████
                    ██████
                    ██████
  ████████████                    ████████████                █████████████████                      ███████████
█████████████████            █████████████████          ███████████████████            ████████████████
██████████████████        ████████████████████        █████████████████████    ███████████████████
  █████████████████▀      ██████████████████████      █████████████████████  █████████████████████
████████            ▀▀▀      ██████████            ████████      ████████              ███████████████              ██████
███████                      ██████████                  ████████    ███████                ██████████████                   █████
██████                    ██████████                      ████████    ███████                  ███████████                       █████
███████                ██████████                        ███████      ███████                ██████████                        ██████
  ███████            █████████      ▄██▄             ████████      ████████            █████████      ▄██▄            ███████
  █████████████████████    ▄██████████████████          █████████████████████    ▄██████████████████
  ██████████████████          █████████████████              ██████████████████          █████████████████
  ██████████████                  ▀████████████                      ██████████████                  ▀████████████
Cobo Digital Wallet
|
  First Leading Wallet Offering PoS and Masternode Rewards Worldwide 
SECURITY ● RELIABILITY ● CONVENIENCE
|
Download
for Android & iOS
● TELEGRAM
● FACEBOOK
● TWITTER

████
██████
█████████
█████████████
████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████g█████████
██████████g███████
████████g██████
██████g██████
██████████
██████
███

████
                ████
                ▀▀
     ,▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄
   o████████▄██▄████████
  ████████████████████
 d███████████████████
,███████████████████
`███████████████████
 ████████████████████
 █████████████████████
  ████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████
    ████████████████████
     `████▀▀  ▀▀██████
[t
TIDOVEE

Activity: 1246
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 02:29:45 AM

Hackers are very wicked people that steal ones investment at once. They are good at frustrating one's efforts.
To keep ones account safe from them;
1. Keep your private key far away from their reach. Don't save your password online. They can invade it.
2. Beware of scam projects, they can use it has a medium of collecting you data. To wipe all your investment.
mbah

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2018, 02:51:20 AM

for not giving the private key then the wallet would be safe. especially when it can be careful and not carelessly opens the phishing site then chances are inevitable and will secure wallet hacking. things that matter in the hacking of course actually is also due to the fault of which has its own wallet.

coin_1122

Activity: 1134
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 02:53:38 AM

Hackers are very wicked people that steal one's investment at once. They are good at frustrating one's efforts.
To keep ones account safe from them;
1. Keep your private key far away from their reach. Don't save your password online. They can invade it.
2. Beware of scam projects, they can use it has a medium of collecting your data. To wipe all your investment.

Yes, but we need to be very careful with the airdrops launching out there because there are many people who want to scam the coin from the people wallet. So we have to secure wallet by not sharing our private key to anybody.
rricksu

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 02:59:04 AM

This is for those who use wallets with cheap transaction fee, such as ethereum based wallets.
There are some who cannot yet afford to purchase a hardware wallet. On that note, i have a suggestion on how your wallet can be safe from hackers. I have always noticed wallets that get easily hacked are those that are subject to public view.
Try as much as possible to have a separate cold wallet address that you do not copy and paste the private key, and neither do you share the address with anyone. You can use it to store most of your valuable coins.
Even if you want to transfer any coin or token to an address belonging to another person, first transfer it to your public wallet before sending it out.

Well, I guess hardware wallet is not much safer than web or application wallet? though, it was design to keep your cryptos, it might be hacked or even hacked already before you even purchased it. Hackers already know that you will store some cryptos on it in the first place.

✦ ───    OATHs.io  ─── ✦
▌▐ ────  BLOCKCHAIN DISPUTE RESOLUTION & GOVERNANCE PROTOCOL  ──── ▌▐
missyqt29

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 03:16:40 AM

This is for those who use wallets with cheap transaction fee, such as ethereum based wallets.
There are some who cannot yet afford to purchase a hardware wallet. On that note, i have a suggestion on how your wallet can be safe from hackers. I have always noticed wallets that get easily hacked are those that are subject to public view.
Try as much as possible to have a separate cold wallet address that you do not copy and paste the private key, and neither do you share the address with anyone. You can use it to store most of your valuable coins.
Even if you want to transfer any coin or token to an address belonging to another person, first transfer it to your public wallet before sending it out.

Well, if you want the safest wallet out there, it is just simple that, you should consider that you have the one who have the private key of your wallet, do not just create wallet where you don't have the private key as it is necessary to avoid getting scammed by the wallet provider also.
dilandanmilea

Activity: 283

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 08:06:21 AM

from my experience using MEW, it's better if you use MEW to be more careful with the use of the private key, because sometimes there is a fake MEW site similar to the original that is usually made by hackers by phishing or whatever I also don't understand, so it's best if you want opening the MEW site check the address is correct or not.

🔺🔸🔺🔸🔺🔸🔺🔸 [ MOOZICORE ] WORLD’S FIRST MUSIC STREAMING SERVICE ON BLOCKCHAIN 🔸🔺🔸🔺🔸🔺🔸🔺
https://tokensale.moozicore.com/
nreal

Activity: 932
Merit: 100

arcs-chain.com

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 08:18:15 AM

I think the problem is not the public address of the wallet. The problem is protecting your private key from hackers. Limit the use of private keys, if possible, use a private computer to use the wallet, and leave it offline when not in use.

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Whitepaper
galya.crip

Activity: 179

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 08:23:51 AM

Security must come from everyone and the more carefully it will apply to everyone to some extent can guarantee that you will not lose your coins.
zauna35

Activity: 812
Merit: 287

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 08:28:28 AM

I use the well-known metamask, I don’t have a single key on the computer, I keep everything separate ... I try not to keep everything in one wallet but it turns out not to be enough) I was hacked it was a great lesson for me, so I try to accept all I have security measures .. above people have written almost all of the protection methods that exist today ... I will repeat the main ones: "beware of unfamiliar links, do not download anything before checking for viruses and do not store the keys on your desktop computer"
Patrix_1

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 05:12:24 PM

Be aware of scammers and fishing websites. If you have an anti virus software, you should only follow the instructions and launch your PC check up, at least every week. If you would follow these steps, you will be protected.
Deagle21

Activity: 333
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 05:14:49 PM

Be aware of scammers and fishing websites. If you have an anti virus software, you should only follow the instructions and launch your PC check up, at least every week. If you would follow these steps, you will be protected.
the most important thing is to simply to keep in safe your private keys from your wallets  and do not enter them in your emails
kikoy999

Activity: 429

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 03:49:53 AM

To protect your wallet with scammers you need to avoid trusting people who do not know you and do not just trust that especially if you earn a fortune in just one day.

▁▁▁▁▁                 SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE                 ▁▁▁▁▁
INVECH     WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM     INVECH
▔▔▔▔▔                   JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!                   ▔▔▔▔▔
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: