Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 02:22:30 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: hashra.com asic scrypt.... scam?  (Read 44851 times)
dloganbill

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 07:23:54 PM

I finally got my order yesterday. I'll do a full review in a new thread and post a link here later. First impression is that it was packaged nicely and the equipment seems of decent quality. My biggest problem right now is that they only shipped 10 USB cables instead of the 20 I need. That is VERY annoying. I got the miners running in minutes and I must say that the rasp pi and hashra's controlla firmware is extremely simple to use. The interface is nice to look at. However, even with the latest update, there is no option for failover. I've also noticed that it must be rebooting itself periodically. I have not monitored it very closely, but the longest run time I've seen so far is 3 hours. I first tried mining wafflepool but was getting extremely high reject rates so I'm now at coinshift. More details and photos to come. Hopefully Simon will respond soon that more usb cables are on the way. I have 10 miners collecting dust because of their packing error.

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%
toxic0n

Activity: 413
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 01:56:19 AM

The older HASHRA firmware used cgminer and the new version is using bfgminer which was giving me crazy high reject rates at Waffle pool but not CM. I've put on the Scripta image with the stability fix and updated cgminer and no issues so far. Nice interface too.
The only thing I can't tell if it's running with the BTC mode disabled or not.
enmarinas

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 04:19:29 AM

If any of you are buying from Japan, beware of japanese Customs, it took them 9 days to call me because they dont know how to classify the Gridseeds in order to tax them and Im still trying to explain them  Undecided

For the people that have already received them...the guy from Customs asked about the price  Huh
Do you remember if the original price was written anywhere visible? Seems like if the price is over 2000$ the tax is way higher than if its below.
dloganbill

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 11:07:42 AM

The packing slip in my box showed a higher price than what I paid. I don't have it handy, but I remember it being over $5000.

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%
indeed

Activity: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 06:53:08 PM

Was a bit of a kick in the face to literally JUST get my miners finally from Hashra after much delay, then I get an email the same day announcing $150 per miner.. but whatever.

So I plugged in one set of my miners and this is what I see.

3.622 current hash rate
3.620 average hash rate.
1/144 accept/reject (14400%)  What does this mean? Just pure rejects? Whats going on?
0.000 work utility, what does this mean?
0 found blocks
7944 work discarded
0 work stale
0 hardware errors

One of the miners says "Mining... 1/1 (0%)" Does that mean its working?
All of the other ones listed show ""Mining.. 0/0 (0%)"

I'm mining on clever mining and I don't see anything reflecting my hash rate so it doesn't look like its working.

Any ideas? I'd ask Hashra but responses haven't been very.. quick, if you know what I mean.
vm_mpn

Activity: 605
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 06:58:31 PM

Was a bit of a kick in the face to literally JUST get my miners finally from Hashra after much delay, then I get an email the same day announcing $150 per miner.. but whatever.

3.622 current hash rate
3.620 average hash rate.
1/144 accept/reject (14400%)  What does this mean? Just pure rejects? Whats going on?
0 found blocks
7944 work discarded
0 work stale
0 hardware errors

I'm mining on clever mining and I don't see anything reflecting my hash rate so it doesn't look like its working.

Any ideas? I'd ask Hashra but responses haven't been very.. quick, if you know what I mean.

Have you updated your controller firmware? Latest version is 1.2.5 and it seems to be stable. After update is complete reset power of the controller (unplug / plug mini usb cable)
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 11:54:58 PM

so the company is for real ?

yolo
vm_mpn

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 12:38:20 AM

so the company is for real ?

You mean HASHRA? Sure... They are legit. Had long delays with processing and shipping orders but if those issues straightened out should be solid reseller.
indeed

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 06:43:37 AM

3.622 current hash rate
3.620 average hash rate.
0 found blocks
7944 work discarded
0 work stale
0 hardware errors

Have you updated your controller firmware? Latest version is 1.2.5 and it seems to be stable. After update is complete reset power of the controller (unplug / plug mini usb cable)

I did that, although it updated to 1.2.6... I did a full power cycle. Just nothing but rejects ;( Thanks for tip though. Hopefully Simon replies soon. I emailed this morning (early afternoon in London) and didn't get a reply all day, so frustrating.
orcephrye

Activity: 38

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 07:58:42 AM

3.622 current hash rate
3.620 average hash rate.
0 found blocks
7944 work discarded
0 work stale
0 hardware errors

I did that, although it updated to 1.2.6... I did a full power cycle. Just nothing but rejects ;( Thanks for tip though. Hopefully Simon replies soon. I emailed this morning (early afternoon in London) and didn't get a reply all day, so frustrating.

I had the same thing happen too. I used Scripta instead of the Hashra software... and then eventually moved to using an old laptop. I am about to post a video of it once it finishes uploading.

I would also check to make sure the power supplies are are the right volts. Mine where not at first and cgminer would report them mining with constant rejects. I know that is a silly thing to suggest but I figure it wouldn't hurt.
orcephrye

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 09:24:44 AM

OK...

So here is my quick review of the GridSeed chips I got from Hashra.

Probably should post this on a separate forum thread.. but.. meh.

In full here is a video: (Sorry for my ugly mug shot there in the beginning of the video.. you have been warned.)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/c2as12m8gd8gh0h/GridSeedReview.mp4

In short... they are mining nicely. One came in bad. The USB connector wasn't soldered on correctly. I am going to try to repair it myself. The packages came in very late and I am a little upset that the prices dropped by a lot roughly a week after getting mine. So I feel cheated out of roughly 3+ grand.

But either case Hashra isn't a scam by any means. They are just a little slow. Which is my only real compliant other then the price drop. And hopefully they have fixed the shipping delay problem.
usao
Legendary

Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 12:23:41 PM

OK...

So here is my quick review of the GridSeed chips I got from Hashra.

Probably should post this on a separate forum thread.. but.. meh.

In full here is a video: (Sorry for my ugly mug shot there in the beginning of the video.. you have been warned.)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/c2as12m8gd8gh0h/GridSeedReview.mp4

In short... they are mining nicely. One came in bad. The USB connector wasn't soldered on correctly. I am going to try to repair it myself. The packages came in very late and I am a little upset that the prices dropped by a lot roughly a week after getting mine. So I feel cheated out of roughly 3+ grand.

But either case Hashra isn't a scam by any means. They are just a little slow. Which is my only real compliant other then the price drop. And hopefully they have fixed the shipping delay problem.
Thanks for the vid, was interesting.
Regarding the USB configuration, can you tell me more about how you wired up the 49 port hubs? Are you using the modified cgminer on the laptop to address all the GSDs in the whole rack?
indeed

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 05:30:08 AM

3.622 current hash rate
3.620 average hash rate.
0 found blocks
7944 work discarded
0 work stale
0 hardware errors

I had the same thing happen too. I used Scripta instead of the Hashra software... and then eventually moved to using an old laptop. I am about to post a video of it once it finishes uploading.

I would also check to make sure the power supplies are are the right volts. Mine where not at first and cgminer would report them mining with constant rejects. I know that is a silly thing to suggest but I figure it wouldn't hurt.

Thanks for the tips. Yes, I flipped them to the right volts before using them Wink I put one of the fresh controller units online, the one before the software update, and it it seemed to have the same problem. I rebooted the whole thing, then it started sort of working... but then shut off. Seemed like a bad connection. Anyway, I tried a different power terminal and now it seems to be working great. Rejects were up at 10% initially, but slowly falling. Its over 3.5khs at the moment. Feeling better. Now if only Hashra would respond to my emails. It's been several days and nothing. I even called earlier today and left a message, but no response. Not good business at all.
orcephrye

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 09:16:46 PM

Thanks for the vid, was interesting.
Regarding the USB configuration, can you tell me more about how you wired up the 49 port hubs? Are you using the modified cgminer on the laptop to address all the GSDs in the whole rack?

1. With the 49 port hub I placed 40 Gridseed in each of my two hubs. Then both of the hubs are plugged into one Laptop. A single Raspberry Pi can only handle I think 30 or so at a time. And I wouldn't recommend running more then 20 on a RPi. So I used a laptop. My only fear was that my older laptop would run into problems with all those interrupts luckily it detected all the devices and so far hasn't had a single problem!
I recommend doing something like that if you are going to have a lot of GridSeeds or planing on having a lot. Its a lot easier to setup. You dont have to worry about 8 separate power cables and 8 separate USB cables. And thats without including the 16 power cables for 16 power supplies for the 8 units. Again I am thinking of putting 10 per powersupply because I am only mining scrypt.

2. The laptop is running OpenSuSE 13.1 (My fav. Linux distro for Desktop/Laptop use.. I may switch to a more lite weight distro in the future.

3. I am using cgminer 3.7.2 with the gridseed asic header files. I *think* I got it from here: https://github.com/dtbartle/cgminer-gc3355
I forgot though what github I used. But I did download from a git repo. Once I get home I can double check. Either case I downloaded and compiled cgminer 3.7.2 from github. Works like a charm.

P.S: Check this link out:
http://zoomhash.com/collections/top-sellers/products/12v-to-6-pin-pci-e-psu-molex-gridseed-adapter-power-up-to-3-gridseed-asics
You can now easily convert your power supply for use. With a molex to PCI adapter you can have a single power supply power 20/30 of them. Just food for thought. The idea being that who needs all that extra equipment. No need for extra block interrupters or RPis and such. Just grab any old power supply. An old laptop and some block interrupters you can buy on amazon if you dont already one one and then you can just buy the gridseeds by themselves. Which is what Hashra is now selling. For cheaper then ZoomHash I might add.

Although I do not know if they now ship quick or not. If someone has ordered within the last week and has gotten a tracking # or there equipment then plz post about it!

meee

Activity: 167

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 08:03:44 AM
Last edit: April 01, 2014, 04:56:01 PM by meee

Well, I ordered a miner from Hashra... This is my experience...

I ordered thinking they had the miners as they were listed as "available" seems they were not... Hashra have a policy where if they are more than 14 days till shipping they will refund... They DID take too long and I DID ask for the refund but they sent it anyway...

It turns up at port and DHL wanna rob me of 600 pounds Sad (This of course is not hashras fault in anyway)...

I was quite annoyed with the way the woman on the phone was laughing at me! "Ho ho ho, you sitting down?" Oh yeah isn't it hilarious that I'm getting robbed, hahaha... /s

So I argued with em basically, said they were holding my package at ransom etc... I was waiting on DHL manager to call me, they didnt call they just shipped the parcel back to hashra. Sad

To hashras credit they did try to get the shipment turned back around but DHL wouldn't...

So now Hashra has the parcel back, over a week now I have been promised a refund. I of course said I will pay all costs incurred. I was told Monday I would get the refund (yesterday). No refund was sent, I call them, answerphone... I send 3 e-mails at different times... They came back a day later saying sorry they will get the proof of transfer sent to me...

Why no just get that organised and THEN contact me! Why waste time contacting me to say you will contact me! Just do it and then contact me, no?

Anyway so I am still waiting on my refund...

It wasn't really their fault, not all of it anyway, but this is what happened. I will update when/IF I get my refund.

EDIT: Oh also they claim to live and work from the UK, yet he was asking for my iban etc for an international payment... But I live in the UK too! No need for that! He could just do a faster payment and I would be refunded in a matter of minutes! So I dunno what that is all about.

Hours later, sent message chasing it up, tried calling and still nothing...

Sad

EDIT: So they have now released the payment, it is short $600! This is what they say DHL charged them to send it back... I find that very hard to believe. I saw no invoice for this charge! But hey I guess I should be grateful...

vm_mpn

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 09:06:04 PM

It's a mess no doubt... Reading all this I can see that even getting my overpriced hashra set a month after I've ordered it I can consider myself lucky just by the fact of receiving it... Now, reading all the other stories I can confidently say it's my last venture with hashra.
meee

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 06:30:14 AM

It's a mess no doubt... Reading all this I can see that even getting my overpriced hashra set a month after I've ordered it I can consider myself lucky just by the fact of receiving it... Now, reading all the other stories I can confidently say it's my last venture with hashra.

Yeah, even with them deducting $600 I am still better off for sending it back, especially when you factor in doa,s etc... When are some big boys gonna get in on this scene? Imagine buying an AMD scrypt asic! Lol... They need to really, can you imagine how sales will fall off now that GPU mining has finally died? Lol

Apart from that though are there any decent companies selling asics? Had a freind go with 1 firm (not hashra) and it took them 30 days to reply to him! Holy.... Makes hashra look like angels!

But yeah it would be nice if I could just grab an asic off the shelf in the UK.

meee

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 10:44:12 AM

I asked Hashra if they have proof of this $611 charge from DHL, let's see if they can produce something! If not well... should tell you all you need to know...

Cesar10101

Activity: 17

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 11:01:45 AM

3.622 current hash rate
3.620 average hash rate.
0 found blocks
7944 work discarded
0 work stale
0 hardware errors

Hello Guys,

I have also 10 asic from hashra with pi running since two days, firmware updated to 1.2.7. Rejects and stale are und 1% but does somebody know why i have so much Work discarded ? Its about 2000 and running more and more. Hashrate is ok on my side and on pool side showing correct at roundabout 3600 KHS....
meee

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 07:53:10 AM

Well I asked Hashra for the proof of the $616 charge from DHL 2 days ago. Guess what they said? Nothing... So aparently if you dare ask for a refund they feel that they can steal $616 from you... That should say it all to any prospective buyer! Beware of hashra! You have been warned...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: