Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 03:01:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: hashra.com asic scrypt.... scam?  (Read 44851 times)
Repunza

Activity: 357
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 10:32:38 PM

I like to think why Life force did it was to not take any more order because it is easier and takes less time to just not take any orders then refuse them and send it back.

Except that the store on his site is still open and accepting orders.  I can't say for sure that the guy is a scammer or not, but he is definitely deceptive and dishonest, and has a problem with people's opinion about his business practices.  Right before he locked his thread, he deleted a bunch of posts of mine where I did nothing more than ask him to be accountable to his own customers.  He didn't like that, so he deleted my posts.  And then he deleted my post notifying other members that he was deleting posts.  He definitely has no problem taking anyone's money, and he definitely has a chip on his shoulder when it comes to answering relevant questions about orders.

I have acquired his contact information (it wasn't too hard), and although I'm going to keep it to myself for the time being, I will not hesitate to give it to anybody who may need it in order to facilitate getting their money back from him, and I have notified him of this as well.

I don't think he is a deliberate scammer - and his contact information is quite easy to find.  Honest though?  Well that is another story.  I hope he did not send all of his customers' money to Hashra (as I know he was using it as supposed "leverage" - whatever that means).

Hopefully refunds will go out to everyone that ordered as promised, unless his LLC files for bankruptcy or some sort of protection.  Then there could be a problem.

His store does indicate everything out of stock as well -- except for the Smarterhash thing he is selling as beta.

2 reasons in this case to send money for a preorder to a unknown stranger... #1 GREED #2 DUMB
hdmediaservices

Activity: 630
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 10:54:26 PM

2 reasons in this case to send money for a preorder to a unknown stranger... #1 GREED #2 DUMB

Well - I don't know if that is true.  I ordered through his site twice.

The first time was on 11/22/14.  Then after almost 30 days I requested a refund, since I was not given any proof of the product.

My second order was 1/2/15.  But then on 1/8/15 I was critical regarding the lack of updates.  I guess he refunded me instantly to get me off his back (as I was going to wait another 30 days to see how it panned out).

I don't think I was greedy, as I just wanted a new Scrypt miner.  I don't think I was dumb, as I paid with a credit card and got my refunds within 30 days.

As far as being an unknown stranger -- I knew his name, company, address, etc. -- more than I know of anyone else on this forum.  He also lives in the same country as I do.  In addition I didn't pay via BTC or wire transfer.

So if you paid through LifeForcePools' shop -- I think you were smart and certainly not greedy.  Although if you have not requested a refund or disputed the charge at this point, then you might want to get things moving before your time runs out. 

Making a preemptive chargeback through your credit card company is better than waiting till after the shop is closed down due to a "run on the bank" or even dealing with Paypal.

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 06:13:21 AM

I like to think why Life force did it was to not take any more order because it is easier and takes less time to just not take any orders then refuse them and send it back.

Except that the store on his site is still open and accepting orders.  I can't say for sure that the guy is a scammer or not, but he is definitely deceptive and dishonest, and has a problem with people's opinion about his business practices.  Right before he locked his thread, he deleted a bunch of posts of mine where I did nothing more than ask him to be accountable to his own customers.  He didn't like that, so he deleted my posts.  And then he deleted my post notifying other members that he was deleting posts.  He definitely has no problem taking anyone's money, and he definitely has a chip on his shoulder when it comes to answering relevant questions about orders.

I have acquired his contact information (it wasn't too hard), and although I'm going to keep it to myself for the time being, I will not hesitate to give it to anybody who may need it in order to facilitate getting their money back from him, and I have notified him of this as well.

I don't think he is a deliberate scammer - and his contact information is quite easy to find.  Honest though?  Well that is another story.  I hope he did not send all of his customers' money to Hashra (as I know he was using it as supposed "leverage" - whatever that means).

Hopefully refunds will go out to everyone that ordered as promised, unless his LLC files for bankruptcy or some sort of protection.  Then there could be a problem.

His store does indicate everything out of stock as well -- except for the Smarterhash thing he is selling as beta.

Unless it is a well known company with great track record pre-order is just very risky.  At this point a rendering is just not enough. 

Look here they were supose to ship during december.  It's january and still only rendering.

I hope everyone ends up good in this, but i'm afraid some will lose some money here.
giveen

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 12:55:18 AM

Sent a polite but angry email to Simon

Hi Jeremy

I am very sorry that nobody has been in touch sooner regarding your order or that nobody has responded to any of your earlier emails.

As you are aware we are of course behind our current schedule with shipping this batch out and to be honest with you it is looking more likely to be closer to the end of January now for shipping.
We are very sorry for the delay of this, our company that we are using for the assembly work is still awaiting for the final production batch of the chipset, once this is with them from the foundry the last part of assembly work should be no more than a few days.

I am very sorry for the delay for this and hope this can still work for you.
In the coming days hopefully we would have been in touch with everyone directly regarding this.

Sorry again for the delay in getting in touch with you, thank you for being patient with us.

Kind Regards

Simon
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 01:32:24 AM

Hi Jeremy

I am very sorry that nobody has been in touch sooner regarding your order or that nobody has responded to any of your earlier emails.

As you are aware we are of course behind our current schedule with shipping this batch out and to be honest with you it is looking more likely to be closer to the end of January now for shipping.
We are very sorry for the delay of this, our company that we are using for the assembly work is still awaiting for the final production batch of the chipset, once this is with them from the foundry the last part of assembly work should be no more than a few days.

In the coming days hopefully we would have been in touch with everyone directly regarding this.

Sorry again for the delay in getting in touch with you, thank you for being patient with us.

Kind Regards

Simon

Nice to see he responded.  I still think end of January is pretty optimistic considering only exists in rendering.  Hope I am wrong though.
hdmediaservices

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 03:32:39 AM

Hi Jeremy

Kind Regards

Simon

Uh - is this a joke?  I mean seriously?  Isn't Simon from the UK?  These emails read as if they were written by someone who speaks English as a 2nd language.

If I were you I would request an immediate refund.  There is another thread with links to different governmental fraud agencies, etc. -- supposedly if you hit them hard with many complaints, they cave and refund quickly.

suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 8981

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2015, 06:30:06 AM

Since lifeforcepools doesn't bother posting around here anymore I want to point out to everyone that he sent a couple of e-mail updates to his customers recently. He is now saying "we will most likely see our machines 'hopefully' in the first week of February if there are no more delays".

According to FTC rules he must automatically refund everyone by February 18 (30 days after original shipping date), unless buyers opt-in to wait longer.

http://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/business-guide-ftcs-mail-or-telephone-order-merchandise-rule

Better yet, don't rely on FTC and check your PayPal dispute deadlines. I'm just pointing out to FTC rules so that if lifeforcepools tries to stall again you would know this is a scam. He must cancel and refund automatically by a certain date.

hdmediaservices

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 06:47:30 AM

Since lifeforcepools doesn't bother posting around here anymore I want to point out to everyone that he sent a couple of e-mail updates to his customers recently. He is now saying "we will most likely see our machines 'hopefully' in the first week of February if there are no more delays".

According to FTC rules he must automatically refund everyone by February 18 (30 days after original shipping date), unless buyers opt-in to wait longer.

http://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/business-guide-ftcs-mail-or-telephone-order-merchandise-rule

Better yet, don't rely on FTC and check your PayPal dispute deadlines. I'm just pointing out to FTC rules so that if lifeforcepools tries to stall again you would know this is a scam. He must cancel and refund automatically by a certain date.

Interesting about the FTC rules -- but yeah I would definitely rely on your dispute deadline with either Paypal or your credit card company (depending on how you paid).

So at this point -- what happens if they ship you something and then it doesn't work?  You have to mail it all the way back to somewhere in China for repairs (at your expense) -- if it ever does get repaired and shipped back.

With all of these very generic delays -- people would be pretty stupid to "keep the faith" and let their payment protection expire.

suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2015, 07:06:39 AM

Interesting about the FTC rules -- but yeah I would definitely rely on your dispute deadline with either Paypal or your credit card company (depending on how you paid).

So at this point -- what happens if they ship you something and then it doesn't work?  You have to mail it all the way back to somewhere in China for repairs (at your expense) -- if it ever does get repaired and shipped back.

With all of these very generic delays -- people would be pretty stupid to "keep the faith" and let their payment protection expire.

Absolutely. It would be truly a miracle if anything good comes out of this. Lies, vendor with a history of scamming, delays, complete absence of proof that the miners even exist, more delays.

Don't let greed to overpower common sense, don't miss your dispute deadlines.
mrTorrio

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 05:21:02 PM

Lol, how you guys cant understand - mining is not profitable in 2015. Only big daddy's will survive. And it is sad...
CartmanSPC
Legendary

Activity: 1270

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 11:20:26 PM

Not everyone mines for profit. I do it as a hobby and any money made is gravy!

not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 11:46:39 PM

Lol, how you guys cant understand - mining is not profitable in 2015. Only big daddy's will survive. And it is sad...

100 Mhs of scrypt for $400 would very likely make a little profit.
hdmediaservices

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 07:53:25 AM

If you are a miner that just wants to turn the unit on, plug in a multi-pool address, sit back and forget -- then yeah mining is not profitable.

But - if you do some decent research, mine specific coins and sell them somewhat at the right time then there is definitely money to be made.

Is there a lot of money to be made?  I guess it depends on what "a lot" means to you.  I certainly don't see mining as a way to get rich, but I do see it as a way to seek out new business opportunities and it is just a great hobby.

toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 08:57:05 PM
Last edit: January 18, 2015, 09:20:43 PM by toptek

whats the  low down on this no ship yet i take it, i don't know i got my money  back . bought and buying  some S5 Smiley . just Wondering whats going ? .

tip don't  use coins base unless you like delays if you use 2-Step Verification  with them they won't help  you and tell you to go to the third party vendor for help .  so i went back to using Cryptsy at least Cryptsy if there is a 2-Step Verification issue  they will  remove it from my  account with in mins after I  prove it's me  it takes  hour to get any kind of help form coins base then they told me they couldn't, just a friendly tip . i was able  to sell it all back to my bank with a 4 day wait time so i can't buy any more S5 till it's back in my account . which made  no sense if i can sell it back to my bank  without 2-Step Verification asking for Verification then there is something wrong with them.

well any way I was just wondering did anyone  get one of these miners yet ? .

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 08:58:24 PM

If you are a miner that just wants to turn the unit on, plug in a multi-pool address, sit back and forget -- then yeah mining is not profitable.

But - if you do some decent research, mine specific coins and sell them somewhat at the right time then there is definitely money to be made.

Is there a lot of money to be made?  I guess it depends on what "a lot" means to you.  I certainly don't see mining as a way to get rich, but I do see it as a way to seek out new business opportunities and it is just a great hobby.

Yup, you hit it  to the point nothing free you have to work for it .

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
hdmediaservices

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 07:06:36 PM

Well it is January 19th.  Anyone get their tracking # from Hashra or a refund from Lifeforcepools?

The shipping date for the ASTRO miner is scheduled for December 2014, however shop.lifeforce.info understands that delays are often encountered and we are very realistic. Hashra guarantees delivery by 12/31/2014 on their website BUT WE DO NOT MAKE THE SAME GUARANTEE – INSTEAD WE WILL ONLY GUARANTEE THAT YOUR EQUIPMENT WILL BE SHIPPED BY 1/19/2015. If you want Hashra’s money back guarantee by 12/312014 then we ask that you order directly from them. No refunds in Bitcoin.

What a bummer on this equipment not coming through.   Sad

giveen

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 07:33:46 PM

Well it is January 19th.  Anyone get their tracking # from Hashra or a refund from Lifeforcepools?

The shipping date for the ASTRO miner is scheduled for December 2014, however shop.lifeforce.info understands that delays are often encountered and we are very realistic. Hashra guarantees delivery by 12/31/2014 on their website BUT WE DO NOT MAKE THE SAME GUARANTEE – INSTEAD WE WILL ONLY GUARANTEE THAT YOUR EQUIPMENT WILL BE SHIPPED BY 1/19/2015. If you want Hashra’s money back guarantee by 12/312014 then we ask that you order directly from them. No refunds in Bitcoin.

What a bummer on this equipment not coming through.   Sad

Simon emailed me and said end of this month. That is it for me, Jan 31st.
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2015, 07:44:00 PM

Well it is January 19th.  Anyone get their tracking # from Hashra or a refund from Lifeforcepools?

What a bummer on this equipment not coming through.   Sad

It's quite obvious now that there will be no tracking numbers today. We are looking at beginning of February for the next delay/excuse (hint: Chinese New Year).

I have the following usernames that will be getting negative trust tomorrow (once we're definitely past the deadline):

HASHRA
lifeforcepools
jjj0923

If anyone knows any others linked to this shitshow please let me know.
giveen

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 08:39:17 PM

Emailed an got a response in an hour

Just to give you an update with how things are, pre production stuff has all been complete, good news is the hash rates will end up much higher than expected, 110mh minimum for Astro and the Moonraker will be a whopping 2T.

Time scale wise we are now just waiting for the final production chips, the makers of the chips do a small batch to start off with for testing etc and then after that we get the production version done, this is the bit now that is causing us the biggest headache. If there are any issues during this process then they have to start again and we have already had two delays regarding this.
Once we get the chips the final production will just take a few days, currently we have been told we will get them by the end of Jan.

In the next few days after we have managed to get in touch with everyone we will hopefully have some good news and some firm dates at last.

I know all this may not be the news you were after but just want to be straight with you what is going on right now.

Of course any questions at all then please get in touch.

Kind Regards

Simon
Scooby903

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 08:54:22 PM

Promises of larger than expected hashrates when missing yet another deadline?  Sounds like Alphatech all over again  Roll Eyes
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: