Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 03:27:18 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: hashra.com asic scrypt.... scam?  (Read 44851 times)
ATCkit

Activity: 786
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 10:35:38 PM

At least that's some hope.

After months of delays it gets again delayed for a month - and you call it hope? Smiley

I would rather use some off-dictionary words to describe this...

gotta luv your spirit Smiley You gave me hope when i saw you on the Get Hashing forum. Good bunch of guys to work with in a cooperative effort.
giveen

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 11:43:45 PM

Thats very frustrating news. My wife has been harping on me to get this machine and has told me to switch to a Antiminer S5. If we had taken our money back we could have been mining bitcoin and bought our altcoins. I'm still hoping but with 4 days left I'm not hoping that hard.

You said it giveen. I did buy 2 S5s. I didn't like spending the money on them when I had already paid for a Moonraker.
 I still hope the Moonraker arrives. I can sell it... or sell the S5s.  Gotta say I love the S5s despite how noisy they are.

I talked with the wife today, and she agreed with me to wait and hope for mid March.

Profitability wise it makes half-sense. The Astro will net me $9 a day vs $3 with the S5.
CartmanSPC
Legendary

Activity: 1270

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 12:40:42 AM

Thats very frustrating news. My wife has been harping on me to get this machine and has told me to switch to a Antiminer S5. If we had taken our money back we could have been mining bitcoin and bought our altcoins. I'm still hoping but with 4 days left I'm not hoping that hard.

Wow, what a great wife! She sounds like a keeper Smiley

giveen

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 03:06:16 AM

Wow, what a great wife! She sounds like a keeper Smiley

She is awesome, I have to agree.
bradleyjay

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 12:52:12 PM

Even if this is real - its sounds so bogus.  Simon has to go to the "factory" to see what is going on?  What in the world does that mean?  LOL  Then he'll push and push until Chinese New Year happens -- and that will be another 2-3 weeks.  LOL  It is so crazy.  There still may be some swamp land in Florida I can sell you -- I'll need to fly out there and see what is going on first. 

It's quite obvious now that there will be no tracking numbers today. We are looking at beginning of February for the next delay/excuse (hint: Chinese New Year).

And now this:
Unfortunately the Elephant in the room that he's up against is Chinese New Years and basically put, all of China business shuts down from the middle of next week through the end of the month.

I gotta say, you guys called it pretty much exactly like it's playing out.  Why anyone is still expecting to receive anything is beyond me.  I really hope you guys who are still invested can get your money out before it's too late.  Also, the chip fabs are making chips for Apple and Samsung (who I'm sure did their due diligence in selecting a quality chip fab), but for some unknown reason they can't seem to produce a working ASIC for Hashra.  Sounds more than fishy to me.
giveen

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 12:26:53 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyWcj0Z0O3w

So we have a box with some fans running...

I need to see hashrate in cgminer before I believe.
pc888
Legendary

Activity: 1624

https://bata.io

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 04:45:45 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyWcj0Z0O3w

So we have a box with some fans running...

I need to see hashrate in cgminer before I believe.

Looks like a Zeusminer that has been spray painted.... IMO

btcminer021

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Mine hard!

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 04:48:42 PM

In answer to OP: At this point, anyone who took the bait is probably not going to get anything for thier "investment" and is not going to hear from anyone at the "company" ever again. Perhaps the venture was started with good intent, but it never materialized. If you call it a "scam", you're saying it was pretty much premeditated and planned from the beginning, in which case hats off to the organizers for putting some thought into it. Sorry for your loss to those of you who bought into it.

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
hdmediaservices

Activity: 630
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 09:44:19 PM

The low-definition - do-nothing video is almost like insult-to-injury.

I think I felt better about Hashra and the slight possibility of actual product before I saw the 20 second video of a box with fans.

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 09:55:49 PM

The low-definition - do-nothing video is almost like insult-to-injury.

I think I felt better about Hashra and the slight possibility of actual product before I saw the 20 second video of a box with fans.

I just cannot imagine releasing a video of just case after so much delay's.   No proof of chips, output.  They have a case to show off.   

In a sad way reminds me of terrahash who released little bit's to try to keep people ordering and believing.  But never released a product in the end.

If you think about it hashra really didnt have anything special in last generations it was like a zeus or others in a different box.  The A2's were more efficient and they made a lot of gear that used a lot of power.  Will they come up with a actual product next gen... only time will tell.
priestae

Activity: 5

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 01:21:00 AM

I can understand everyone being upset about what's going on with their orders for the hashra astro.  Has anyone else ordered from shop.lifeforce.info?  I paid for 1 unit on Dec 29th, 2014, and haven't received anything (like everyone else), except for the the updates from Jeff.  I did, however, pay with paypal.  On November 18th, 2014, paypal increased the time frame that you are allowed to open a dispute from 45 to 180 days.  So, even if I don't receive my astro until May 29th, I can still submit a paypal dispute and get my money back.  If any of you ordered from Jeff at shop.lifeforce.info, I hope you waited until after the policy update, or have already opened a dispute to get your money back.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/upcoming-policies-full
hdmediaservices

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 01:59:05 AM

I can understand everyone being upset about what's going on with their orders for the hashra astro.  Has anyone else ordered from shop.lifeforce.info?  I paid for 1 unit on Dec 29th, 2014, and haven't received anything (like everyone else), except for the the updates from Jeff.  I did, however, pay with paypal.  On November 18th, 2014, paypal increased the time frame that you are allowed to open a dispute from 45 to 180 days.  So, even if I don't receive my astro until May 29th, I can still submit a paypal dispute and get my money back.  If any of you ordered from Jeff at shop.lifeforce.info, I hope you waited until after the policy update, or have already opened a dispute to get your money back.

Jeff has offered refunds to anyone that has requested them.  I gave him a hard time in the past about the lack of updates, but his last communication was quite sincere.  Based on what I read, Jeff really wants this product to be produced - especially for himself (as he's ordered at least 20 or more).  His view seems to be that there are no alternatives, so this is kind of his last hope for Scrypt mining.

Alternatives -- well there are still A2 Terminator units to buy.  Yes - they are twice as expensive ($900 to $1100) - but they are available, they are reliable and there's no waiting.

The Hashra Astro stats look really good - but if the product doesn't even exist, then there isn't anything better.

I am not relying on this machine - as I don't think it will materialize (unless BTC doubles in price).  I think Hashra may have had good intentions a year ago, but now they are in too deep. 

I have a feeling that "Simon" from Hashra is thinking if I can just get some more buyers then I can finally have the unit produced.  Kind of like someone with a gambling addiction.  "Oh - I can pay off the money I lost just with one more bet..."  Bad cycle - that eventually scams everyone.

For the price of $450 -- I just don't see how it can be produced and shipped to the US.  It does not make sense to me.  Shipping has to be at least $100 alone.  Hashra isn't using any new technology, so nothing is shrinking in size.  It has to weigh pretty close to what other Zeusminers or A2 units weigh as it has probably more chips -- some that are under-volted to give the power savings.

I really wish this unit existed -- even at three times the price I'd buy it at those specs.  But the math doesn't compute.

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 04:55:59 AM

Jeff has offered refunds to anyone that has requested them.  I gave him a hard time in the past about the lack of updates, but his last communication was quite sincere.  Based on what I read, Jeff really wants this product to be produced - especially for himself (as he's ordered at least 20 or more).  His view seems to be that there are no alternatives, so this is kind of his last hope for Scrypt mining.

Alternatives -- well there are still A2 Terminator units to buy.  Yes - they are twice as expensive ($900 to $1100) - but they are available, they are reliable and there's no waiting.

The Hashra Astro stats look really good - but if the product doesn't even exist, then there isn't anything better.

I am not relying on this machine - as I don't think it will materialize (unless BTC doubles in price).  I think Hashra may have had good intentions a year ago, but now they are in too deep. 

I have a feeling that "Simon" from Hashra is thinking if I can just get some more buyers then I can finally have the unit produced.  Kind of like someone with a gambling addiction.  "Oh - I can pay off the money I lost just with one more bet..."  Bad cycle - that eventually scams everyone.

For the price of $450 -- I just don't see how it can be produced and shipped to the US.  It does not make sense to me.  Shipping has to be at least $100 alone.  Hashra isn't using any new technology, so nothing is shrinking in size.  It has to weigh pretty close to what other Zeusminers or A2 units weigh as it has probably more chips -- some that are under-volted to give the power savings.

I really wish this unit existed -- even at three times the price I'd buy it at those specs.  But the math doesn't compute.

I think your right about it not being there.  I think a new generation of chips are the hold up.   Just a LOT of money to get a new more efficient generation.  Currently A2's had a much longer lifetime then expected as no one has a new chip.  Look at bitmain L1 they did refunds plus some as the profit was just not there.

Also keep in mind how high A2's were priced when they came out.  The price of these miners on hashra leave no where near the R/D budget A2's have had.

If another company comes out with chips maybe they will sell to hashra but it seems no one has shown a working next gen chip so far.
priestae

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 06:50:38 AM

Jeff has offered refunds to anyone that has requested them.

I understand that, but having a place like paypal force the refund process is better security than some random guy's word.

Why not get a KnC Miner Titan?  They're 3x the hash rate with only a lit more power consumption.  You can get them on ebay for around $3k.  If you say you wouldn't mind paying 3x as much (about $1350) for the 100mh astro, the 300mh Titan would be a steal.
hdmediaservices

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 08:48:15 PM

I understand that, but having a place like paypal force the refund process is better security than some random guy's word.

Why not get a KnC Miner Titan?  They're 3x the hash rate with only a lit more power consumption.  You can get them on ebay for around $3k.  If you say you wouldn't mind paying 3x as much (about $1350) for the 100mh astro, the 300mh Titan would be a steal.

Can you split up the hash on a Titan?  Many coins I mine work best with 100Mh/s here and there.

Are the Titans stable and durable?  That was what made me avoid them - as they always ended up having issues if I rented them from Betarigs.

giveen

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 09:25:56 PM

If I had 3x the amount of money, I would have bought one....but I dont have 3x the money.
priestae

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 07:48:58 AM

Can you split up the hash on a Titan?  Many coins I mine work best with 100Mh/s here and there.

Are the Titans stable and durable?  That was what made me avoid them - as they always ended up having issues if I rented them from Betarigs.

Yes, you can split up the hash on the titan.  You are right about them not being very stable, however.  I see a lot of posts with people claiming a few of the dies have given out or aren't operating at normal rates.
hashmaster1

Activity: 851

Do You Even Onion Bro?

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 01:26:44 AM

The last time Simon talk to me was December 12 2014    and since then i have  sent 8 email not one word back ...AND AT FIRST THEY SAID 100 MGH NOW 110 AND THEY DON'T HAVE CHIP NONE OF MAKE SENSE POWER IS BETWEEN 550 AND 600 AND STILL WAITING FOR THERE CHIP TO B MADE   DO NOT PLACE A ORDER WITH THESE GUYS  I JUST WANT MY MONEY CAUSE THERE IS  NO SCRYPT MINERS IT ALL LIES OTHERWISE THEY WOULD GET BACK TO US HAS ANYONE GOT A EMAIL  THIS MONTH WE HAVE BEEN ALL SCAM                                                                                 SIMON IF YOU DO READ THIS THREAD WHY DON'T EMAIL US IF YOUR NOT A SCAMER......SIMON IF YOU DO READ THIS THREAD WHY DON'T EMAIL US IF YOUR NOT A SCAMER                                                                                 SIMON IF YOU DO READ THIS THREAD WHY DON'T EMAIL US IF YOUR NOT A SCAMER                                                                                 SIMON IF YOU DO READ THIS THREAD WHY DON'T EMAIL US IF YOUR NOT A SCAMER      JUST MAKING SURE SIMON YOU CAN READ THIS

█████████████████████████████▒
               ▒███████████████████████████████▓░
             ▒████▓                         ░▓███▒░░
         ░▒▓████▓░                            ░▓███▓▓▒▒░░
▓▓▓▓▓████████▓▒               ░░░▒▒▒▒▒░         ░▒█████████▓▓▓▓▓
████████▓▒▒░              ░▒▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▒         ░░▒▒████████
▓██▓                   ░▒▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓███▒░             ███▓
▒███                 ░▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓█████▒░         ▓▓█░
░█▓█░               ▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓█████▓██░     ▓███░
 ▓██▓             ▒██▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒░  ░▓█▓      ███▓
 ▒█▓█░           ▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░░░░░▒▒░ ░▒░░▓███▓      ▒███▒
  █▓█▓          ▓█▓▒▓▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▓▒▒░░▒▒▓█████░      ███▓
  ▒█▓█░        ░██▓▓▒░░░░░░░░░▒▓▒░ ░░░ ░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓█▒█░     ▓███▒
   ▓▓▓▓        ███▒░░░░░▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓ █░    ▒███▒
   ░▓▓▓▓   ░▒▒ █▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▒░▒░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▓ ▒█    ░████▒
    ░▓▒▓▒ ░▓████▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒  ██   ░████▒
     ▒▓▓██  ▓████▓▒▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒▒░ ░██▒  ░████▒
      ▓████  ░██████▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░  ░███▓  ░████░
       ▒████   ▓█▓░█████▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▓████░  ▒████▒
        ░████▒  ▒░   ▒██████▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓██████▓░   ▓████▒
          ████▓         ░▒▓██████████████▓░░    ░████▓
           ▒████▒                              ▓████░
             ▓████░                          ▒████▒
              ░████▓░                      ▒████▓
                ░████▓░                  ▒████▓░
                  ░████▓░              ▒████▓░
                     ░▓████▒          ▓████▒░
                       ░▒████▓░    ▒████▓▒
                          ░▓████▓▓████▓░
                             ▒█████▓░
                               ░▒▒░
✬✬✬✬✬

hashmaster1

Do You Even Onion Bro?

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 01:30:00 AM

Prove me wrong and ill remove my quote  Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

░▓████▒          ▓████▒░
                       ░▒████▓░    ▒████▓▒
                          ░▓████▓▓████▓░
                             ▒█████▓░
                               ░▒▒░
✬✬✬✬✬

hashmaster1

Do You Even Onion Bro?

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 01:32:13 AM

This is what i got on dec  12                                                                                                                                                                      So sorry for the delay in getting back to you, our inbox has just been swamped.

With regards to an exact date I'm afraid we don't have an exact date for shipping yet though it will be this month, of course we are doing our best to get these out as soon as possible.

When we do have an exact date we will let you know as soon as we can.

If you do have any further questions then feel free to get in touch.

Kind Regards

░▓████▒          ▓████▒░
                       ░▒████▓░    ▒████▓▒
                          ░▓████▓▓████▓░
                             ▒█████▓░
                               ░▒▒░
✬✬✬✬✬

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: