Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Are you done with Bitcoin?
Yes - 23 (20%)
No - 92 (80%)
Total Voters: 113

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [POLL] I'm Done!: Animal House 2  (Read 19081 times)
PinkiePie

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

GROUNDED FOR TROLLING

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2011, 06:14:52 AM

Do you just think the rape statistics I have quoted are imaginary or something?

Did I dispute them?

If you think the male experience with rape is remotely comparable, yes you did.

1 in 5 homosexual men are beaten or abused to the point where they attempt to commit suicide, and something like 1 or 2 in 20 succeed. It doesn't have to  be because of rednecks. Just bullies, assholes, and people like your parents, your church, and you.

Citation needed, but still not equaling the 1 in 4 rape statistics for normal heterosexual girls.

That is not what I said. I asked WHY is God ignoring those things? As I mentioned, that is one of the big reasons I lost my faith; seeing all the horrible shit happen to people who did not deserve it, and see God sit idly by, even when he's being prayed to. That doesn't bother you in the least?

No, you referenced prayer, which you know I know works.  Now you are telling me that since I was raped I should abandon my religion?  Holy Jesus, why did you pretend to know anything about feminism if you were going to try and use a rape to browbeat a 17 year old girl into abandoning her religion?

--
MOST HONEST FORUM MEMBER AWARD 2011
Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2011, 06:32:05 AM

Do you just think the rape statistics I have quoted are imaginary or something?

Did I dispute them?

If you think the male experience with rape is remotely comparable, yes you did.

I don't think it's comparable, but I don't think it can honestly be compared or dismissed, ether (due to underreporting)

1 in 5 homosexual men are beaten or abused to the point where they attempt to commit suicide, and something like 1 or 2 in 20 succeed. It doesn't have to  be because of rednecks. Just bullies, assholes, and people like your parents, your church, and you.

Citation needed, but still not equaling the 1 in 4 rape statistics for normal heterosexual girls.
Well, here's one.
http://www.livescience.com/13755-homosexual-lgb-teen-suicide-rates-environments.html
I wonder what the statistics are for girls who were raped who attempt suicide?

That is not what I said. I asked WHY is God ignoring those things? As I mentioned, that is one of the big reasons I lost my faith; seeing all the horrible shit happen to people who did not deserve it, and see God sit idly by, even when he's being prayed to. That doesn't bother you in the least?

No, you referenced prayer, which you know I know works.  Now you are telling me that since I was raped I should abandon my religion?  Holy Jesus, why did you pretend to know anything about feminism if you were going to try and use a rape to browbeat a 17 year old girl into abandoning her religion?

No, I'm simply asking why were you raped if you pray and believe in god? Why did god just sit there and watch the whole thing happen? And why do you expect he will do so again, since you admitted that is still a major fear for you? I'm not tring to browbeat you. Those are simply questions I would have in your situation.
I was about your age when I abandoned mine btw. No one had to browbeat me. I simply asked why was god sitting around doing nothing about it. So, I understand if honestly asking this would scare the hell out of you.

And, heh, just remembered something that sort of ties into all these things. On the topic of homosexuality in the bible, and rape, the ONLY male survivor of that entire Sodom and Gomorrah incident just ended up getting raped afterwards.
PinkiePie

GROUNDED FOR TROLLING

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2011, 06:43:35 AM

I don't think it's comparable, but I don't think it can honestly be compared or dismissed, ether (due to underreporting)

Oh yes! And rape for women is never under-reported!  Of course.  It can be dismissed, because even when fully reported it doesn't approach the daily reality of the rape culture women must deal with.  Again, this is Feminism 101, you can't claim to know anything about this subject if you aren't aware of it.

A homosexual man, if he wishes, has the privilege to act straight and drastically reduce the chance of sexual violence.  A woman has no such choice.  

Oh great!  Another one!  It isn't real rape if you don't do the honorable thing and kill yourself over it!  Your pain doesn't count as much otherwise!  The answer is 33%.

http://www.suicide.org/rape-victims-prone-to-suicide.html

Being born a heterosexual girl leaves you far more vulnerable to sexual assault, and all the consequences it brings.  One of the things that may confuse you is that the survey you referenced talked about teens, they have an increased incidence of suicide across the board, but rape statistics for women track all ages.  15% of victims are under 12, I'm sorry if it offends you that they don't know how to kill themselves yet.

No, I'm simply asking why were you raped if you pray and believe in god?

How in Christ's name can you type these things?  It wasn't my fault I was raped for not praying hard enough.  God didn't rape me, you sicko, God was the one who comforted me.  

--
PinkiePie

GROUNDED FOR TROLLING

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2011, 06:59:58 AM

I have to go to bed now, my dad doesn't give me a bedtime but he does hold me responsible if I am not awake enough for my homeschooling in the morning.  Before bed I will say a prayer for you.  I think our conversation tonight has been very enlightening, it is clear you hate women and this is the source of your perverted homosexuality.  I can promise you, not all women are as bad as whoever it was that hurt you.  

We are humble and loving and emotional beings, and if you turn away from your perversion one day you could have a son or a daughter in your own image as God has planned instead of wasting your life spilling your seed.

You know my deep desire for a child
A little one to love and to hold, to care for,
to cherish. Grant that my body may conceive
and give birth to a beautiful, healthy baby in
Your holy image.
Guide me in all my choices so that this
conception, my pregnancy and my baby's birth
are in line with Your will.
Heavenly Father and Holy Mother,
hear this prayer of my heart, mind and spirit.

Amen.

v The statistics are 1 in 4 for college women.  It is undoubtedly higher among more disadvantaged women, and in the developing world.  The reported statistics are meaningless, I didn't report my rape to the police, but it happened.

http://www.oneinfourusa.org/statistics.php

I know the numbers seem hard to believe to you, but that is just an aspect of male privilege.  Your sister, daughter, or mother...they know.

--
Revalin

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

165YUuQUWhBz3d27iXKxRiazQnjEtJNG9g

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 07:00:22 AM

I'm not sure where the 25% number comes from.  Reported rape per capita was 28/100,000 in the US in 2009 (per the UN).  Figuring that 75% of rapes are unreported, and a 40-year window where a woman is ripe for rapein', you're still looking at a 4% lifetime risk.  I'm not downplaying this as a serious concern, but the only way you're getting 1 in 4 is if you expand the definition of rape to cover regret and "I didn't really want to but I went along with it anyway" scenarios.  Sorry, but those aren't rape in either a US legal or community standard sense, and distorting the facts doesn't help your case.

Pinkie's new "rape victim pony" avatar is great.

Rassah should switch his avatar back.  You're a fine looking guy, but the cat was still cuter.

War is God's way of teaching Americans geography.  --Ambrose Bierce
Bitcoin is the Devil's way of teaching geeks economics.  --Revalin 165YUuQUWhBz3d27iXKxRiazQnjEtJNG9g
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2011, 12:51:27 PM

Rassah should switch his avatar back.  You're a fine looking guy, but the cat was still cuter.

Hah, yeah right, I only wish I was that gorgeous. I was just in the process of setting up for some new trolling regarding me not looking like a stereotypical fat dorky furry, but then this whole rape thing blew up.
I don't know who that is. Internet is useful for that though.
rainingbitcoins

Merit: 252

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 01:00:53 PM

That cat-man-thing was creepy as fuck but then again that guy is sort of creepy as well, so it's a wash.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2011, 01:24:57 PM
Last edit: September 21, 2011, 02:06:38 PM by Rassah

Oh yes! And rape for women is never under-reported!  Of course.  It can be dismissed, because even when fully reported it doesn't approach the daily reality of the rape culture women must deal with.  Again, this is Feminism 101, you can't claim to know anything about this subject if you aren't aware of it.

I don't claim to know everything on the subject and have not taken Feminism 101 (is that one of your homeschooling classes?). I've only claimed that I am a supporter. And that I'm willing to learn. Though the other girls I hang out with don't seem to have this "daily reality of rape culture." It's not something they seem to be too worried about. I don't know if it's because they are just stronger, or are better at hiding it, or if you are somewhat of an exception with your fear (which, with your experience, can be expected).

Oh great!  Another one!  It isn't real rape if you don't do the honorable thing and kill yourself over it!  Your pain doesn't count as much otherwise!  The answer is 33%.

http://www.suicide.org/rape-victims-prone-to-suicide.html

I asked out of curiosity, and without implications. Thank you for answering. That does sound rather horrible.

Being born a heterosexual girl leaves you far more vulnerable to sexual assault, and all the consequences it brings.  One of the things that may confuse you is that the survey you referenced talked about teens, they have an increased incidence of suicide across the board, but rape statistics for women track all ages.  

So, what you're saying is that if those statistics were to be expanded to homosexuals of ALL ages, the numbers and the percentage would be even higher?

...my homeschooling in the morning.

This part actually explains your actions quite a bit. I was suspecting that you were homeschooled, so thanks for confirming.

I think our conversation tonight has been very enlightening, it is clear you hate women and this is the source of your perverted homosexuality.  I can promise you, not all women are as bad as whoever it was that hurt you.

You're making assumptions again, and we've both gotten in trouble on here for doing that. I don't hate women. I admit I don't understand some of them, but every person is different regardless of their gender. And if being hurt by a woman was what caused one to be gay, then pretty much almost every guy on the entire planet would have been gay. On the contrary, my biggest heartbreaks have been caused by guys, so by your logic I should be very straight now.

v The statistics are 1 in 4 for college women.  It is undoubtedly higher among more disadvantaged women, and in the developing world.  The reported statistics are meaningless, I didn't report my rape to the police, but it happened.

http://www.oneinfourusa.org/statistics.php

You are right, the statistics are shockingly high. How is it that something so prevalent is being so well hidden by so many people? Or are the 1 in 5 who said yes to "In your lifetime have you been forced to submit to sexual intercourse against your will?" including everything from actual rape, to things like being coerced into sex by psychologically abusive boyfriends (do it or I'll leave you), and things like girls who do it of their own will but regret it later? It just feels like lumping all of those together is a bit unfair to the women who've had to deal with the actual violent type of rape, and is distorting the numbers to the point where people may find them hard to believe and to listen.
I think you should report your rape to the police, since it seems to be still bothering you. I also think you should stop wearing it on your sleeve like a badge of honor. Fight to overcome and not have it affect your life and all that, since if that incident is still making you live in fear, than your rapist is still hurting you and holding control over you.

How in Christ's name can you type these things?  It wasn't my fault I was raped for not praying hard enough.  God didn't rape me, you sicko, God was the one who comforted me.  

I would never dream of implying that any of that was your fault. I'm implying that it's god's fault for letting it happen. I mean, if I wanted to be like God, does that mean that if I ever see a woman being raped, I should not stop it and instead just stand there and say nice things to the woman to comfort her? That's why I'm glad I'm not like god in the least. (i.e. I sure as hell would do something about it, unlike him)
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2011, 02:34:32 PM

Hah, yeah right, I only wish I was that gorgeous. I was just in the process of setting up for some new trolling regarding me not looking like a stereotypical fat dorky furry, but then this whole rape thing blew up.

I think you look sexy in this photo. This may be a stupid question but, do you remember feeling sexy when it was taken?
dayfall

Activity: 312
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 03:41:47 PM

The better question would have been why were you raped if you God is good (and exists)?  The only thing the believer is at fault of is having faith.  (Shame. Shame!)  The only answer I have heard from believers is that these bad things are in fact good for us.  Somehow.  Hence, I don't have much sympathy for theists because, as they claim, God has it all under control.  For the rest of us, this might be as good as it gets.  All, we have are friends and family.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2011, 04:42:21 PM

I think you look sexy in this photo. This may be a stupid question but, do you remember feeling sexy when it was taken?

As I said, not me.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2011, 05:20:12 PM

The better question would have been why were you raped if you God is good (and exists)?  The only thing the believer is at fault of is having faith.  (Shame. Shame!)  The only answer I have heard from believers is that these bad things are in fact good for us.  Somehow.  Hence, I don't have much sympathy for theists because, as they claim, God has it all under control.  For the rest of us, this might be as good as it gets.  All, we have are friends and family.

Rule #1 of salesmanship: Only ask questions, and have the buyer come up with the answers. If you give them the answers, they'll be skeptical. If they come up with the answers on their own, they'll believe them.

The trick is to know what questions to ask.

One of my gifts is being able to "read between the lines," and I don't expect Pinkie to come up with all the right answers right away. She is incredibly bright (in both meanings of the word), surprisingly tough, willing to fight for herself, and willing to get angry when appropriate (all somewhat rare and very respectable qualities). A lesser person would have resorted to personal name calling, or ran away angry and crying by now. She has stuck to it despite the very difficult topics, and I am fully aware of the difficulty of type of things I am bringing up and asking of her (yes, I'm claiming that what I have been saying in this entire discussion is, mostly, not accidental blunders, and are words I fully meant to say). I do actually recognize her skills at subtly sidestepping points she may not have answers for, or is uncomfortable confronting, (as opposed to just being dumb and avoiding questions like trolls often do) and instead constantly refocusing the discussion to the points she believes are important. Switching this topic to a discussion about rape was somewhat unintentionally brilliant of her, and has given me an extremely difficult and dangerous challenge, for which I am actually very thankful to her, since it's rare for me to get challenged on such a level that I am forced to think hard and chose my words extremely carefully. Kudos for making me stumble and go into an overly defensive position, as well. The personal assumptions she makes about me I simply chuck to her youth and inexperience, and her statement of "I'm just a 17 year old girl! How dare you!" actually made me laugh at how disingenuous it seemed, since she has been an extremely strong and high level opponent through all this in spite of her age. No, I don't expect to change her mind (although it's inevitable her views on homosexuality and god will evolve over time, at her own pace), but I am enjoying asking such difficult and rarely discussed questions, having her fairly skillfully navigate them, and give me her opinions on them. Mostly I am enjoying learning so much about her, since I am actually starting to admire her somewhat. She so reminds me of the kids I mentioned I used to talk to so many years ago. And, from what I have seen of her so far, even if I think she may be a bit misguided, and do feel sorry for, and very angry at, what her parents did to her regarding that camp situation, I'm fairly sure she'll be ok, since whether she holds on to her faith, or whether it fades a bit over time, she'll definitely be a force to be reckoned with. Just don't tell her I said so ; )
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2011, 06:04:42 PM
Last edit: September 21, 2011, 06:30:32 PM by Rassah

*looks at PinkiePie's new sig*
--
GROUNDED FOR A WEEK FOR FALLING ASLEEP DURING HOMESCHOOLING

Aww sh**! I hope that wasn't my fault  Undecided
Revalin

Merit: 500

165YUuQUWhBz3d27iXKxRiazQnjEtJNG9g

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 06:39:21 PM

I was referring to the previous one with the dramatic lighting... The one that actually was you.

War is God's way of teaching Americans geography.  --Ambrose Bierce
Bitcoin is the Devil's way of teaching geeks economics.  --Revalin 165YUuQUWhBz3d27iXKxRiazQnjEtJNG9g
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2011, 06:42:38 PM

I was referring to the previous one with the dramatic lighting... The one that actually was you.

both of those pics are the same person.
ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 02:07:13 AM

I have to go to bed now, my dad doesn't give me a bedtime but he does hold me responsible if I am not awake enough for my homeschooling in the morning.  Before bed I will say a prayer for you.  I think our conversation tonight has been very enlightening, it is clear you hate women and this is the source of your perverted homosexuality.  I can promise you, not all women are as bad as whoever it was that hurt you.  

Hello, I feel I need to share my opinion here.
I'm against rape and victim-blaming.  But honestly, that's probably the only thing we two agree on.  Because...
Fuck you for being a homophobic, bible-thumping ignoramus who uses her delusions to justify her stupid bigotry.  People like you are the ones who give this country a bad name abroad.

(BFL)^2 < 0
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2011, 04:16:31 AM

I'm against rape and victim-blaming.  But honestly, that's probably the only thing we two agree on.  Because...
Fuck you for being a homophobic, bible-thumping ignoramus who uses her delusions to justify her stupid bigotry.  People like you are the ones who give this country a bad name abroad.

Did someone just say fuck you to a school girl?
RandyFolds

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 04:24:14 AM

I was there.
logansryche

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 04:46:48 AM

I was there.

Yup me too.
Sock Puppet

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 10:15:40 AM

Well, yes, but it's her fault, really.  She was asking for it.  Practically begging for it.  Can't fault a guy under the circumstances.

Sorry, I know I'm going to hell, but it was too easy.  Smiley

More seriously, she's 17, not 7.  She's old enough to own her opinions and the blowback they will generate.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: