Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:37:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... 311 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][RIC] Riecoin: constellations POW *CPU* HARD FORK successful, world record  (Read 684957 times)
remistevens

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 08:52:59 PM

Now some of you may disagree, but Bitcointalk is probably one of the most important altcoin sites to post announcements on. It is where newbs and active investors come to chat with one another and look at the next coin to invest in (At least for me it is). Even if there is an altcoin forum, it is less attractive to join in on that forum than bitcointalk. So what I suggest for the members of Riecoin community is to make as much post on Riecoin thread on Bitcointalk.com as possible. We should always be on page 1. Most people are lazy. Lazy enough not to look at page 2 unless desperate (somewhat like Google searches). If we are always on Page 1 of Bitcointalk.com, Riecoin will become more noticed and people will look at it often. If we can increase page count by at least 2 per day, it would be a vast improvement in reaching our audiences. Right now, we are at like 0.5ish page count a day. We are on page 1 maybe 5-6 times a day? It should be always. I will do my best in making Riecoin on page 1 but I need your help since I wont always be on.

Yes good point, I've taken to just reposting things on both forums when its worth telling people.
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
remistevens

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 09:30:57 PM

New website for RIC ready for review next Monday!

2 days til Gatra Thursdays - Stratum Mining? . . . We'll see whats up.
Supercomputing

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 10:32:31 PM

Is it just me or do riecoin-qt and riecoind take 5-10 minutes to start up every time?

Try the latest client if you are not already using it, I think is version 0.8.7.

Electrical Engineering & Computer Science
http://www.eecs.mit.edu/
gatra (OP)

Activity: 583
Merit: 505

CTO @ Flixxo, Riecoin dev

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 10:37:07 PM

Is it just me or do riecoin-qt and riecoind take 5-10 minutes to start up every time?

Try the latest client if you are not already using it, I think is version 0.8.7.

+1

You can also try running with "-checkblocks=1"

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
       ▄▄██
██████████████████▄▄
     ▄█
█████▀████████████▀██████▄
   ▄█
█████████████████████████████▄
  ▄█
█████████▄█▀▀██████████████████▄
 ▄█
███████████▀██████▄▄█████▄███████▄
▄█
██████████▀██▄▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄
█████████████▀▀██▀████████▀▀████████
█████████████▄█▀████████████████████
████████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀██████████████████
▀█
██████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀███████████████████▀
 ▀█
███████▄████▄▄███████████████████▀
  ▀█
███████████████████████████████▀
   ▀█
█████████████████████████████▀
     ▀█
█████▄████████████▄██████▀
       ▀▀██
██████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀
riecoin       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄██▀▀         ▀▀██▄
  ▄██▀              ▀██▄
 ▄██     ██▄▄          ██▄
▄██      █████▄▄        ██▄
██       ████████▄▄      ██
██       ███████████▄    ██
██       ██████████▀     ██
▀██      ███████▀       ██▀
 ▀██     ████▀         ██▀
  ▀██▄   █▀          ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄         ▄▄██▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
.flixxo   
Supercomputing

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 10:40:26 PM
Last edit: March 12, 2014, 02:15:12 AM by Supercomputing

Riecoin GPU miner update:

RIC mining performance is disappointing - Nvidia's GTX 780 Ti (Classified) is only 3x faster than Intel's Core i7-4770K (AVX2). But the Ti is 8x faster than the 4770K when used for XPM mining, so there is still hope. Apparently,  Nvidia's compiler still works best with small kernels. Modular multiplication for XPM and RIC uses 12 and 42 machine words respectively on the GPU device. The next step will be to write smaller kernels for the RIC core, but I will not be able to get back to this hobby for about a month from now.

It would be interesting to find out the difference in performance for a RIC core between a GTX 780 Ti and a Radeon 290x. I have reason to believe that the GTX 780 Ti's performance should far exceed that of the 290x. But without an optimized RIC core for the 290x, it will be difficult to tell by how much. Hopefully someone who has excellent OpenCL programming skills can provide to us performance figures for the 290x .

Sorry for the typos, my smart phone screen is small.

Edit: fixed a couple typos

bidji29

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 11:08:13 PM

RIC mining performance is disappointing - Nvidia's GTX 780 Ti is only 3x faster than Intel's Core i7-4770K. But the Ti is 8x faster than the 4770K when used for XPM mining, so there is still hope. Apparently,  Nvidia's compiler still works best with small kernels. Modular multiplication for XPM and RIC uses 12 and 42 machine words respectively on the GPU device. The next step will be to write smaller kernels for the RIC core, but I will not be able to get back to this hobby for at about a month from now.

It would be interesting to find out the difference in performance for a RIC core between a GTX 780 Ti and a Radeon 290x. I have reason to belief that the GTX 780 Ti's performance should far exceed that of the 290x. But without an optimized RIC core for the 290x, it will be difficult to tell by how much. Hopefully someone who has excellent OpenCL programming skills can provide to us performance figures for the 290x .

Your compare your GPU results with which CPU miner? The fastest?

http://www.freebieservers.com/  100% FREE GAME SERVERS
northranger79510

Activity: 308

Riecoin and Huntercoin to rule all!

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 11:09:05 PM

How about getting Riecoin on another pool? Any updates on that?

Huntercoin: H9kttkrQidiQMG9NibmTgjgCKqWJMAkAXD
Riecoin: Like us on https://www.facebook.com/TheRiecoinCommunity
myagui
Legendary

Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 12:48:40 AM

RIC mining performance is disappointing - Nvidia's GTX 780 Ti is only 3x faster than Intel's Core i7-4770K. But the Ti is 8x faster than the 4770K when used for XPM mining, so there is still hope. Apparently,  Nvidia's compiler still works best with small kernels. Modular multiplication for XPM and RIC uses 12 and 42 machine words respectively on the GPU device. The next step will be to write smaller kernels for the RIC core, but I will not be able to get back to this hobby for at about a month from now.

It would be interesting to find out the difference in performance for a RIC core between a GTX 780 Ti and a Radeon 290x. I have reason to belief that the GTX 780 Ti's performance should far exceed that of the 290x. But without an optimized RIC core for the 290x, it will be difficult to tell by how much. Hopefully someone who has excellent OpenCL programming skills can provide to us performance figures for the 290x .

Awesome stuff. Any chance you'd want a beta tester with GTX 750 TI? Also got a 770, will be happy to try it out on both!

Cheers,
Myagui

Zackgeno96

Activity: 1778
Merit: 520

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 01:08:15 AM

Indeed, need more then 1 pool!!!!!!!!!

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
Supercomputing

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 02:23:30 AM

RIC mining performance is disappointing - Nvidia's GTX 780 Ti is only 3x faster than Intel's Core i7-4770K. But the Ti is 8x faster than the 4770K when used for XPM mining, so there is still hope. Apparently,  Nvidia's compiler still works best with small kernels. Modular multiplication for XPM and RIC uses 12 and 42 machine words respectively on the GPU device. The next step will be to write smaller kernels for the RIC core, but I will not be able to get back to this hobby for about a month from now.

It would be interesting to find out the difference in performance for a RIC core between a GTX 780 Ti and a Radeon 290x. I have reason to believe that the GTX 780 Ti's performance should far exceed that of the 290x. But without an optimized RIC core for the 290x, it will be difficult to tell by how much. Hopefully someone who has excellent OpenCL programming skills can provide to us performance figures for the 290x .

Your compare your GPU results with which CPU miner? The fastest?

Yes, Core i7-4770K with AVX2 instructions for modular multiplication (Karatsuba multiplication followed by Montgomery Reduction) - sliding window modular exponentiation.

dga

Activity: 737
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 03:35:29 AM

Is your miner publicly available?

I can now say with absolute certainty, that if I had my current solo miner implementation on launch day, I would have solved the first 576 blocks in under 15 minutes using only 20 Intel E5-2697 v2 CPUs  Shocked

Was the launch really all that fair? I guess we will never know.

The implementations from gatra, dga, and jh00 will be just as fast if they used slightly larger primorials and AVX2 instructions for multiple-precision arithmetic. So in a few weeks from now, the performance advantage from all of the miners should be negligible.

I will begin work on an Nvidia GPU (sm_20 - sm_35) version this weekend. Also, I plan on releasing that version in binary format with a small developer's fee if the performance gain against a high-end CPU is significant. Sorry, I do not know how to program AMD GPUs for HPC related to multiple-precision arithmetic (Karatsuba multiplication + Montgomery Reduction).

Credit where due - I really wanted to make an alternate, pre-computation and memory-heavy approach to this work, but I've given up.  It's tough to beat straightforward sieving, and you (@supercomputing) were right - I ended up just going to a big primorial with a highly optimized sieve.  I haven't rewritten any of the routines currently handled by gmp (and my GMP is probably compiled horribly), but my pool miner is now somewhere in that ballpark.  I've solved 14 or so blocks in 24 hours using 14 machines, which is about in the same range you mentioned for your miner.  Block 17920 is an example, if you're curious to extract my primorial.

I'd still love to find a more satisfying way to crack this nut, though.  But for now, the sieves and fast prime tests have it.

Gatra, thank you for creating Riecoin.  It's terribly fun, has one of the more intellectually interesting proof-of-work cores (as does XPM, in fairness), and I hope it starts producing record prime tuples one of these days.  I'm planning on proposing high-speed RIC sieving cores as a class project for our parallel computing class next week.  Should be fun!

-Dave

northranger79510

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 03:49:24 AM

Riecoin low price is ridiculous. I guess its because of Ypool monopoly?

glongsword

Activity: 314
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 05:18:29 AM

Riecoin low price is ridiculous. I guess its because of Ypool monopoly?

I think part of the problem is Riecoin launched right around the Mt. Gox fiasco coming to a head, which has cast a pale over alt-coins, especially young ones.
draco71

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 09:50:43 AM
Last edit: March 12, 2014, 10:21:59 AM by draco71

Hello RIC guys and Ladies.

Just some thoughts from a "small fish" on mining and day trading.

First of all I believe in RIC. I think that the Rieman "thing" has potential. I have many computer science / mathematics friends that are really hyped by the idea.

I tried to mine it and I can say that ... MAN, IT IS REALLY DIFFICULT TO MINE IT.

So, a while ago I bought some of them at the price range of 0,00052-0,00055. Really, I can not understand how a miner can dump it in that price. A day trader OK, but a miner?

Anyway, I stay on RIC till 0,003 at least. It may go down to 1 satoshi, you never know, but it is a risk that I am more than willing to take.

Many thanks for your attention.      

My heart belongs to RieCoin (RIC), my investments to BlackCoin (BC)
bsunau7

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 11:31:34 AM

Is your miner publicly available?

I can now say with absolute certainty, that if I had my current solo miner implementation on launch day, I would have solved the first 576 blocks in under 15 minutes using only 20 Intel E5-2697 v2 CPUs  Shocked

Was the launch really all that fair? I guess we will never know.

The implementations from gatra, dga, and jh00 will be just as fast if they used slightly larger primorials and AVX2 instructions for multiple-precision arithmetic. So in a few weeks from now, the performance advantage from all of the miners should be negligible.

I will begin work on an Nvidia GPU (sm_20 - sm_35) version this weekend. Also, I plan on releasing that version in binary format with a small developer's fee if the performance gain against a high-end CPU is significant. Sorry, I do not know how to program AMD GPUs for HPC related to multiple-precision arithmetic (Karatsuba multiplication + Montgomery Reduction).

Credit where due - I really wanted to make an alternate, pre-computation and memory-heavy approach to this work, but I've given up.  It's tough to beat straightforward sieving, and you (@supercomputing) were right - I ended up just going to a big primorial with a highly optimized sieve.  I haven't rewritten any of the routines currently handled by gmp (and my GMP is probably compiled horribly), but my pool miner is now somewhere in that ballpark.  I've solved 14 or so blocks in 24 hours using 14 machines, which is about in the same range you mentioned for your miner.  Block 17920 is an example, if you're curious to extract my primorial.

I'd still love to find a more satisfying way to crack this nut, though.  But for now, the sieves and fast prime tests have it.

Gatra, thank you for creating Riecoin.  It's terribly fun, has one of the more intellectually interesting proof-of-work cores (as does XPM, in fairness), and I hope it starts producing record prime tuples one of these days.  I'm planning on proposing high-speed RIC sieving cores as a class project for our parallel computing class next week.  Should be fun!

-Dave

I've not had time to spend on this recently but I was hoping that a large pre-sieved static file (i.e network heavy) would address botnet mining.  By making the payload to large to efficiently ship to victims it would reduce their effective return compared to legit miners and force them to look at another coin.

--
bsunau7
northranger79510

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:47:09 PM

It'd be nice if the dev. post updates or replies to our post at least once every other day for an active involvement.

glongsword

Activity: 314
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 05:06:56 PM

It'd be nice if the dev. post updates or replies to our post at least once every other day for an active involvement.

Gatra posts replies constantly on all matters concerning the coin.  I think he plans to start releasing status updates every Thursday.  I honestly believe if he's not responding to posts instantly, it's because he's either sleeping or at work on code.  Right now I think he's working on the stratum protocol so it will be easier to start Riecoin pools.
ThePeePs

Activity: 350

https://cryptassist.io

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 05:16:23 PM

Gatra posts replies constantly on all matters concerning the coin.  I think he plans to start releasing status updates every Thursday.  I honestly believe if he's not responding to posts instantly, it's because he's either sleeping or at work on code.  Right now I think he's working on the stratum protocol so it will be easier to start Riecoin pools.

Here's also hoping that the pool code can be adapted for p2pool as well Smiley

THE ONE STOP SOLUTION FOR THE CRYPTO WORLD
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Facebook   /  Twitter   /  Reddit   /  Medium   /  Youtube   /
      ▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄█████████████████▄
  █████▀▀  ███  ▀▀█████
 ████     █████     ████
████     ███████
███▀    ████ ████
███▄   ████   ████
████  ████▄▄▄▄▄████  ████
 ███████████████████████
  █████▄▄       ▄▄█████
   ▀█████████████████▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀                       ▀█▄
▄▄▄▄ ▄█                           █▄ ▄▄▄▄
█   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   █
▀▀█▀                                 ▀█▀▀
▄▀                                     ▀▄
▄▄▀▄▄▄▄                                 ▄▄▄▄▀▄▄
█       ▀▀▄                           ▄▀▀       █
█          █                         █          █
█▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█
▒▀▄       ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██       ▄▀▒
▒█▀▀▀▀▄▄  █              ▀              █  ▄▄▀▀▀▀█▒
▒█      █ ▀▄                           ▄▀ █      █▒
▒▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀  █▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█  ▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▒
▒▒▒▀▄▄▄▄▄ █                             █ ▄▄▄▄▄▀▒▒▒
 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
northranger79510

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 06:23:20 PM

Riecoin priced at 0.29 USD right now. Tempted to buy more.  Embarrassed

gatra (OP)

Activity: 583
Merit: 505

CTO @ Flixxo, Riecoin dev

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 06:54:52 PM

Here's also hoping that the pool code can be adapted for p2pool as well Smiley

yep, I started with the idea of making a p2pool. But stratum-mining seemed easier and the logical step before p2pool.
current status: miner finds and reports shares, but stratum mining server receives the share and discards it as invalid (having 0 primes). It's probably some endianness thing or a bug in how the primes are rebuilt server-side. If I can't fix it for tomorrow's status update post then  I'll upload it to github in it's current state, maybe someone can debug it.
Have to go now... "real life" job calling me...

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
       ▄▄██
██████████████████▄▄
     ▄█
█████▀████████████▀██████▄
   ▄█
█████████████████████████████▄
  ▄█
█████████▄█▀▀██████████████████▄
 ▄█
███████████▀██████▄▄█████▄███████▄
▄█
██████████▀██▄▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄
█████████████▀▀██▀████████▀▀████████
█████████████▄█▀████████████████████
████████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀██████████████████
▀█
██████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀███████████████████▀
 ▀█
███████▄████▄▄███████████████████▀
  ▀█
███████████████████████████████▀
   ▀█
█████████████████████████████▀
     ▀█
█████▄████████████▄██████▀
       ▀▀██
██████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀
riecoin       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄██▀▀         ▀▀██▄
  ▄██▀              ▀██▄
 ▄██     ██▄▄          ██▄
▄██      █████▄▄        ██▄
██       ████████▄▄      ██
██       ███████████▄    ██
██       ██████████▀     ██
▀██      ███████▀       ██▀
 ▀██     ████▀         ██▀
  ▀██▄   █▀          ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄         ▄▄██▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
.flixxo   
Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... 311 »
  Print  

Jump to: