Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:49:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Long time holding, is it a smart thing to do?  (Read 4141 times)
haroldtee

Activity: 644
Merit: 299

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 11:44:58 AM

It is a smart thing if you do not have any trading knowledge to be able to get around the fluctuations and make big gains from it. However, it is a whole lot smarter when you learn the basics of trading even if it is long term trading and be able to take advantage of the trend of any coin or token you are holding which would make you stand a better advantage and chance than just holding all through.
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dkmartin

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 11:50:43 AM

It depends on the coin you held and knowledge and experience.if u have enough knowledge of trading thwn u can earn profit in short term too. Long term holding is good when market is down. As market gors up you can sell your coin.
echodike

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 12:48:00 PM

Well Holding for a long time is smart and good thing to do when you are holding some good altcoins, If you are holding on shit coins and waiting for the long term to moon you might be wasting your precious time.
Zlatna Kopa4ka

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 12:56:27 PM

It really depends on the coin and the company behind the coin at the end of the day. It is a smart thing to do most definitely, but really the question is how long is long time holding? Are we talking a few months, a year or maybe even two years? Personally I go by this, if a coin isn't treating me well for more than three months, I see them like the company is treating their coin as a hobby and not like a real thing, which people invest into and expect a major value increase.
LemonF3

Activity: 176

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 12:59:06 PM

Long time holding is a smart thing to do as far as crypto currency is concern. I have realize that, investors try to play smart in the crypto business in that, they begin to dump most tokens to cause a decline in token prices. This will in turn pave way for them to buy more tokens in other for them to hold for long and sell at higher prices when token values shoot up. In spite of this, is long term holding a smart thing to do as a bounty hunter and why?
I think not all the time. The time you hold your coin depends on the price and alsp it depends on the type of coin you have. So, we cannot say that long term is good all the time.
copypaste

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 12:59:16 PM

I think holding in the long run it's a very good idea because it has the potential to make a profit in the future and I think the most appropriate coin to hold in the long run is Bitcoin and Ethereum.
Skroojee

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 01:00:21 PM

Despite the fact that many play on the course of crypto-currencies can really keep a long time and you will earn just by holding tokens from bounty companies for a long time.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 01:02:50 PM

NOT just smart,but the smartest thing to do,look at the previous accounts those people who buys bitcoin when the price is under $100 who waits for years but they're waiting becomes worthies because price goes more than one hundred times that brings them to riches so if you are not in a hurry and have some extra money to spate,then buy bitcoin and wait for years to profit good
shone08

Activity: 602
Merit: 262

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 01:04:32 PM

I think holding in the long run it's a very good idea because it has the potential to make a profit in the future and I think the most appropriate coin to hold in the long run is Bitcoin and Ethereum.

Yes holding for long term can give you a good return but make sure the coin you hold have a potential to shine in the future make sure it is the top 10 altcoin in the coinmatketcap or choose an altcoin that have a real product and developerbecause a project with a real product can boost in the market.
Jonsnowstark

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 01:09:06 PM

Yes it is the smartest thing you can do. Hodlig your tokens your coins for long term is the besy way to make a profit. Being here in cryptocurrency world, i realize that investing and hodling the coin is can make you a big profit. It may dump for awhile but it will rise 2x or more than on how much did you invest.

Supreemo

Activity: 443
Merit: 110

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 01:09:24 PM

NOT just smart,but the smartest thing to do,look at the previous accounts those people who buys bitcoin when the price is under $100 who waits for years but they're waiting becomes worthies because price goes more than one hundred times that brings them to riches so if you are not in a hurry and have some extra money to spate,then buy bitcoin and wait for years to profit good
,it it actually right. As of now lots of coins/altcoins are having some good potential for long term escpecially bitcoin not as an altcoin but we it as of now as a store of value, and which means it is good for ling term of investment. So if you are not in a hurry then yes you can spare some money for that for your long term holding.
dankenstein

Activity: 279
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 01:10:22 PM

if you are interested in crypto relation things, have much free time, if you are smart enough and have a nicely portion ofl uck you can make maybe more money with daytrading.

but for my mental health, it's definitly better to be long term in projects and keep some distance from cryptocurrencies from time to time. it's also important for me, that i don't sit every day hours in the front of my computer to make deals, where it could also happens that i loose more that i gain at the end of the day.
also heard from some people, that they would have made more profit by the end, if they just hodl their stuff and don't make a single trade over a long time period (at least 1 year).

so for me, long term is ideal and i don't regret it :-)

Enyi001

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2018, 01:12:03 PM

It all depends on the market conditions. With the way the market is presently, holding a coin for a long time will pay better. Day trading cannot be sweet now with all these market conditions.
Wickedwitch28

Activity: 180

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 01:16:46 PM

Some people now are selling their bitcoins because its dumping now. Wise people are still hodling their coins because they know that it will rise again and it is the smartest way to make a big profit. For me, it is the smartest way of hodling our coins for long term because this cryptographic world is just for my part time job. While i am earning in my regular job i can also earn from here.

KitToken.net                     
     ▔  Utility * Organic Growth * Sharing  ▔     
ady_crypto

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 01:16:57 PM

Long term is a good thing if you do it the smart way. If you go all in with only one coin you can lose big time, but if you split the investment  in 10 diferent coins  you cann score big time. if 2 coins go way down you will make profit with the rest of the coins. Invest smart and DYOR
Quesdana

Activity: 212

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 01:18:17 PM

Long time holding is a smart thing to do as far as crypto currency is concern. I have realize that, investors try to play smart in the crypto business in that, they begin to dump most tokens to cause a decline in token prices. This will in turn pave way for them to buy more tokens in other for them to hold for long and sell at higher prices when token values shoot up. In spite of this, is long term holding a smart thing to do as a bounty hunter and why?
all must analyze what coins are held. whether it has the potential to rise in the long term or not.
if misaligned and left behind the information then hold the coins will be useless.
yes, to make a profit in the crypto world all must be considered because the world of crypto is full of risks, I think if to survive in the long run I suggest to choose Bitcoin and Ethereum the quality of these two coins is the best so no doubt.
    I think long time holding is a brilliant way to become more wealthier, all coins has good quality but it is best to choose ethereum and bitcoin because it has a potential and good prospect in future and it is worth it to hold on. After the market survive the challenges, the value of coins will pump up and will persistently arise.
El Il-mythos

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 01:21:53 PM

The only reason for holding to become effective of making money is when the pump up moment is subsided.what I mean is in crypto currency we are taking the advantage for every opportunity because we know how volatile it is and the terrible is when the token/coin can't manage to make a come back and rule the market for a moment. This is the risk of holding while letting the opportunity of selling and make a buy back.

Blockshipping    ICO starts 14 May 2018
⋙ ⟫  https://www.blockshipping.io/  ⟪ ⋘
trecore4

Activity: 658
Merit: 260

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 01:22:35 PM

Look at the current market and look at your portfolio and you will get all the answers.

I am pretty sure that when it comes to the altcoins then you have to hold them for very long until they can get you profits. For now im sure there might not be single person on the globe who is not in negative or loss of their portfolio. This is sure thing because mostly all the coins have gone wild while dropping below! Everyone of us has got no option but to hold this time and try to gain the break even first and then think about the profits. In normal investment also thats the only option as it give more time for the crypto projects to evolve further and gain more prices.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
batishta

Activity: 588
Merit: 298

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 01:25:34 PM

Long retention should be, only if the coin has a good idea and a team. In another case, it's just a desire to make money on the topic of cryptocurrency
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 04:06:10 PM

It is their way of making big profits, because they already really understand it. For me to hold a potential coin for a long time is a smart move to do. Moreover, the current market situation is red again, certainly holds a wise choice.
Holding is not a bad choice and it is simply the best for any long term investor. However, in a market like this with a very volatile coins and tokens, I simply do not advise holding as I would rather learn how to trade long term so as to monitor trend, and then take advantage of the FOMO to sell off. It is just being more smart, knowing that either way, there is no market that is going to keep going up without at least having some form of retrace back down or correction as the case may be, and that is what I cannot just decide to overlook.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: