Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 10:28:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Long time holding, is it a smart thing to do?  (Read 4141 times)
wong tsu gieh

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 05:00:22 AM

Long time holding is a smart thing to do as far as crypto currency is concern. I have realize that, investors try to play smart in the crypto business in that, they begin to dump most tokens to cause a decline in token prices. This will in turn pave way for them to buy more tokens in other for them to hold for long and sell at higher prices when token values shoot up. In spite of this, is long term holding a smart thing to do as a bounty hunter and why?

I think it's good because withholding the old one can also wait for altcoin and market prices stabilized and can get a good profit after a few months wait for Altcoin prices to return stable and with so altcoin prices are declining many people who prefer to hold and wait price returned

Sri Asih

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 05:00:46 AM

I think we should be realistic in choosing a strategy on the project we follow. Because each project is different, and have different prospects. I think when the coins release and the price drops considerably, there will be two possibilities. Always so, and it is this kind of thing that makes us love this field.
DZU1410

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

https://saturn.black

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 05:07:16 AM

Long time holding is a smart thing to do as far as crypto currency is concern. I have realize that, investors try to play smart in the crypto business in that, they begin to dump most tokens to cause a decline in token prices. This will in turn pave way for them to buy more tokens in other for them to hold for long and sell at higher prices when token values shoot up. In spite of this, is long term holding a smart thing to do as a bounty hunter and why?
This can be done, since it reduces the risk of loss. Yes, and in the current situation seems to be the only way out for those who did not have time to fold. Day trading in its attractive and can give no less profit and time, it will be spent less, the main thing is to get out in time.

Svarora
Copper Member

Activity: 378

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2018, 05:15:18 AM

In crypto market u should always be ready to take profit whenever it come. You should hold only on those coin which have better product

Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 05:20:52 AM

the answer to these questions is always pretty easy because the data is available to everyone who cares enough to use it! you just have to NOT be lazy.

for example go to coinmarketcap.com open the page belonging to bitcoin and then choose a date in the past, preferably more than 1 year ago if you want to see the long term performance. for example you can start from 1-1-2017 for ease of use. now calculate the % of the profit from that date until today.
then choose any other altcoin and do the same with the same dates and compare the % with each other.

now for the fun of it only select the pumping period of the altcoin (for example the 1 month that XRP was getting pumped) and calculate the % profit of that.
the result is simple in long term bitcoin will have the biggest % profit easy and with minimal risk.
in short term shitcoins have the best profit. for example Mooncoin which is a deadcaoin had one of the biggest pumps that i can remember which was about 6500% in less than 2 weeks. then it died again.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Adreman23

Activity: 1365
Merit: 107

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 05:26:34 AM

For busy person or they considered working in crypto as a part time job it is better to do a long term hold then wait for the price to rise before sell to earn big profit. But this is advisable to do long term hold for good project only. But if you have more time in cryptocurrency and doing this as full time job then you need to learn day trading to earn more profit. But day trading is too risky so be careful.

Glorypaasa

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 05:26:45 AM

As a bounty hunter holding a potential token is a smart thing to do but if the token I hold is not progressing then is it the time for me to sell it because for sure it will decrease more and more but most of the time I always hold my tokens because I always keep in mind that I earned it for free, So I always follow the road map of the project,
interna

Activity: 75
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 05:36:19 AM

Here are some of the benefits of the long term holding:

a) The people who made fortune with crypto are those who held bitcoin for years. In this time duration, they had many opportunities to sell for 10x, 100x or so but they still kept patience.

b) Long term investment is ideal for people with jobs with limited spare time. Short term trading requires a lot of research and time for keeping an eye on the price movement.

c) When you do a long term investment, you will invest only in good solid coins.

MoonX      
───   http://www.moon.family/   ───
TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE
Ewox

Activity: 812
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 05:45:42 AM

It really depends because there are some bounty hunters who are just here for the money so obviously they are not here to hold for long term, they are hust waiting for the price to shoot up and then sell their coins or tokens with them and convert them into fiat money so they can pay bills or buy the needs they want. Although there are some bounty hunters whose intention is to save up their holdings and would prefer long term hodling as well.
tng811

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 06:00:16 AM

If you believe in a coin and its potential future, I see there is no reason why you should not hold it strong. There will be chance that you can win big in the long run.

Wicked Sick

Activity: 293
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 08:49:57 AM

What would be a smart thing to do is choose the right coins to invest in. As holding is just a strategy that everyone needs to follow and its your coins which will decide how much return you are going to make on your investment in the long term. Just holding for a long time isn't going to help if you picked the wrong coins.

Jombrangs

Activity: 630
Merit: 258

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 04:14:14 PM

I think the holding the coins for a long period of time is a wise thing to do
because if you don’t enough time for trading and you just hold your coins for alternative purposes therefore it will incurred a huge income in future.
kaspabha

Activity: 490

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 04:32:13 PM

Crypto market has a huge potential  to growth. I think holding good coins is always a good thing. Prices will go up to a very high level within few years. Therefore holding is great. But only the great coins.
alimarh

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 04:33:20 PM

Yes exactly holding for a very long term is a sure thing to do, But some people will hold their tokens like 2 to 6 months ans starts complaining. think about the crypto space in the next 4 to 5 years? then you should hold.

TREEBLOCK.io   //   TOKEN GENERATING EVENT
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶   ICO is LIVE  》 JOIN NOW!   |■■■
Telegram    ●    LinkedIn    ●    Youtube    ●    Twitter
int226

Activity: 39

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2018, 05:04:12 PM

I usually keep the Token for 3 to 6 months, no matter how smart it is.
ibrarak92

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 05:08:15 PM

I think it's long to keep it right, if you sell coins at once, you can miss a big takeoff of good coins
soltantgris

Activity: 741
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 12:55:12 PM

I can say about my strategy, I  always sell 50% of my tokens which I get from Bounty, and leave another 50% for a long run hold. My doing that I have less profits, but in terms of long money, I have bigger perspectives.
paul heman

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 01:04:14 PM

It is their way of making big profits, because they already really understand it. For me to hold a potential coin for a long time is a smart move to do. Moreover, the current market situation is red again, certainly holds a wise choice.
indeed to hold in the long run enough to make the coins so increased and experienced a pretty good development. so hold in the long run to be a pretty good thinking going forward. so I strongly recommend holding in the long run for a coin increase.
aguatera

Activity: 34

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 01:09:14 PM

I can say about my strategy, I  always sell 50% of my tokens which I get from Bounty, and leave another 50% for a long run hold. My doing that I have less profits, but in terms of long money, I have bigger perspectives.

Is it always 50/50? In my opinion it is better to differentiate these proportions depending on token.
orions.belt19

Activity: 686
Merit: 146

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 01:35:06 PM

Here is my two cents. Bounty tokens are earned relatively easily. For a signature campaign participant, for example, you are only asked to make 10-15 constructive posts weekly. For a social media campaign participant, on the other hand, the tasks only involve tweeting, retweeting, liking, etc. Those are very easy tasks. What I mean to say is that you are only risking a little if you choose to hodl your bounty tokens long term. And the reward if ever they multiply their values is really a huge wealth.

However, there are tokens that only have value after the completion of the ICO. There are some tokens that die eventually after the bounty hunters and investors dump all their tokens. When tokens are dumped, the price declines or possibly become zero. So there’s the risk of wasting your time and effort and missing out on the opportunity of getting some profit.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: