Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 02:59:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Long time holding, is it a smart thing to do?  (Read 4146 times)
teterinal

Activity: 83
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 12:32:32 PM

yes of course. the price increase is inevitable. It doesn't matter if people try to lower price, they still will soon need the price to increase to get their profits. The key here is to be patient and not to one of the panic sellers. Confidence in the market is needed.
aysg76
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 2124

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 12:35:26 PM

there are coin  which are worth selling right after the ICO, but there are also coins that should be kept longer. At the current situation on the market, I'm not sure that all the coins, once the growth starts, will be profitable.
The long-term holding is always widely preferred and in fact, it had an edge over the day trading which usually investors prefer. Holding the coins for long is a profitable practice, especially for the trusted and the most reputed coins as the value of a coin only increase with time and the profit it then provides is quite considerable than the profit earned from any other means of day trading or short-term goals...

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
UncleScroogeMOS

Activity: 128
Merit: 10

https://saturn.black

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 12:49:23 PM

I think yes. Long time holding is rather smart strategy especially when we are talking about such market as crypto. If you bought coins when market is falling you have really good chances to get good profit in future.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
✦ ────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  Blog ♦  Bitcointalk   ──────── ✦
conected

Activity: 1302
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 01:01:50 PM

there are coin  which are worth selling right after the ICO, but there are also coins that should be kept longer. At the current situation on the market, I'm not sure that all the coins, once the growth starts, will be profitable.
The long-term holding is always widely preferred and in fact, it had an edge over the day trading which usually investors prefer. Holding the coins for long is a profitable practice, especially for the trusted and the most reputed coins as the value of a coin only increase with time and the profit it then provides is quite considerable than the profit earned from any other means of day trading or short-term goals...
- Although this is very widely preferred but we should still apply it to the necessary and accurate situations, that means it does not fit too much at the moment because the early stage is over, we have come a long way, the crypto has grown to some degree, holding for a long time has no longer yielded reasonable profit, even it is becoming worse in the present. Many people are moaning about the price and their accounts lost more than 50% with long-term holdings, I am also a victim and I really feel that continuing the idea of holding for long periods is not a wise decision

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
jaaeeeyyyy

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 12:05:04 PM

It seems that it is smart that as you sell the altcoins when the market rise back 20% or more, and buy back when the market drops back.

But it will let you loss the big waves like in 2017, from 2014 to early of 2017, the market shacks all the times, but it boomed in 2017, if you do as above, you will leave the boat, and can't join back.
This depends on the situation at the same time to your knowledge. The situation is not that stable therefore you need to hold it when the market is down then sell at high price, that is the cycle that professionals are dealing with. When it comes to the knowledge, you need to analyze the market in when to let go and hold. Everything has a perfect timing, you need to be wise.
IndependentWild87

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 12:14:15 PM

I thing it is a great idea to hold your money for future. It is true that the market will rise again the people will find their desired profit from crypto.
Anchor867

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 12:17:02 PM

It is good at some point and also it is not good at some point this might depende on yourself and also if you have a patient why not hold it but know it risk at well because you might just holding nothing so do your research to prevent it
Masha Me1

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 12:22:22 PM

I consider coin retention to be reasonable. In fact to hold well. But to overdo it is not the best option. Then, what will you earn? In crypto currency, everything should be done slowly and on time! Here you need to calculate everything well.
Thyaga

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 12:23:29 PM

Long time holding is a smart thing to do as far as crypto currency is concern. I have realize that, investors try to play smart in the crypto business in that, they begin to dump most tokens to cause a decline in token prices. This will in turn pave way for them to buy more tokens in other for them to hold for long and sell at higher prices when token values shoot up. In spite of this, is long term holding a smart thing to do as a bounty hunter and why?
depending on how legitimate the project is.
itssawai

Activity: 308
Merit: 2

Look ARROUND!

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2018, 12:25:29 PM

Yes holding long is a good practice because not everyone is trading expert and not everyone has a lot of time to take timely profit but once a good coin is bought which has a big chance to improve it's market presence in future than holding that coin is not bad at all.

ARROUND || Decentralized Augmented Reality Platform || ARROUND
Look ARROUND!
jmkljioew

Activity: 25

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 12:28:08 PM

You are right. To make a profit, we should buy Crypto at a discount and wait for the right time to sell at a higher price. But to do that, we need to have a thorough investigation and observation before investing a large amount of money.
billy.ryoko

Activity: 686
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 12:31:06 PM

Yes, many altcoins after listed in the exchange, the price will drop after the dump, but I have seen much time if the project seems promising, the price will grow quickly, if I am buy it in the low price, I will hold it for a long time.

▀   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▬▬▬███  Burst  █  Defi Money  ███▬▬▬   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▀
[      PRESALE     |  April 1st      ]     [     CROWDSALE    |  June 1st      ]
[     TWITTER           TELEGRAM       █│█     MEDIUM          GITHUB     ]
Andalusy

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 12:31:59 PM

I always support to hold altcoin because it's a really perfect process if you work with cryptocurrency you must hold your coin otherwise you can't make a huge amount of money with cryptocurrency. Most of the people don't know what is cryptocurrency and how to start cryptocurrency trading but who know details of cryptocurrency they must hold your altcoin.
Bugatti73

Activity: 616

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 12:36:22 PM

Holding your assets now is very riskly idea, but selling it is also bad idea for your future motivation.
krenus

Activity: 210

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 12:37:57 PM

Long time holding is a smart thing to do as far as crypto currency is concern. I have realize that, investors try to play smart in the crypto business in that, they begin to dump most tokens to cause a decline in token prices. This will in turn pave way for them to buy more tokens in other for them to hold for long and sell at higher prices when token values shoot up. In spite of this, is long term holding a smart thing to do as a bounty hunter and why?
yes i think so. while holding you can come up with some new wonderfull idea and still your crypto will be save, it's better to think it through before selling

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol                         
            Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING

◥ TELEGRAMWHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOK ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❱❱❱ R E G I S T E R  for the  TO K E N  S A L E ❰❰❰
sakuragi21

Activity: 286
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 12:38:17 PM

Holding the best way to keep you from losing money in case you sell cheap coin holders are better than hold and wait for the price to increase the risk of panic selling so you just hold the mung coin.
Ootsumasu

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 12:39:37 PM

the right choice when we are able to buy when prices are at their lowest and sell when prices are as high as they are.
of course it takes very intimate observation to be able to read the market well.
all depends on the experience we have.
ankit05

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 12:40:56 PM

I thing, of course daily trading is more profitable. If you are good trader for trading otherwise Long time holding coin are BTC, ETH, XRP, EOS, LTC etc. Now cryptomarket is unstable So you can buy Altcoins and hold it.
leducminh2

Activity: 3

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 12:45:18 PM

I've never understood anyone who tries to sell their tokens on the first day . You need to be able to wait
HitMarshall67

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 12:45:55 PM

If you have enough money to sit them idle, then go for long time holding. Remember always, take risk what you can afford. Otherwise you may not gain profit rather can lose your money.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: