Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 03:07:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... 147 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MEOW] KittehCoin Relaunch IS HERE!!!!  (Read 223011 times)
sebastien1234

Activity: 654
Merit: 252

PR Director@Blockchain Foundry/Co-Founder@Syscoin

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 04:27:07 AM

Minep.it and Kievpool both added to our Wiki; thanks for joining the community!

https://kittehcoin.info/wiki/mining-pools/

niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 05:53:46 AM

I'm on IRC right now answering questions. It looks like a new group a leaders is already emerging. This is what I'm talking about when I say proactive community action!

I missed Adam on IRC cause I got on pretty late GMT time (130a) but locoshibe helped keep things in check while I was away. I am there now and answering questions maybe for the next hour or so then I need to do my own stuff.

Seems like proactive community members are already stepping up- we're lining up an IRC group chat with the new blood to discuss future plans. If you're interested please reach out to me via PM or email, please include how you plan on helping Wink

This is not the end of Kittehcoin by a long shot- this is simply a transition. The community can take this coin further than I ever could on my own. I will keep the community posted, and I will also do my very best to check into IRC at least every other day during a time that both EU and US people are online to continue to provide updates and answer questions. This is not the end, its the start of a new chapter for Kittehcoin.

As long as the infighting is over everything is good.
All the people involved in this should rather concentrate on real issues , not who is in command and who has more coins that the others.

I'm no bagholder .. let's say pocket holder but I would feel a lot better without having to read the last pages on this forum Wink.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
snipsnoop
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 08:38:32 AM

Well I would not call it infighting Smiley..
Frank discussion.
sebastien1234

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 02:20:38 PM

Well I would not call it infighting Smiley..
Frank discussion.

Agreed, we are not just abandoning the coin and want to make sure that the community knows it. Big changes will always raise concerns and it's important to address these concerns Smiley

TheMightyX

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 09:42:06 PM
Last edit: April 17, 2014, 11:06:40 PM by TheMightyX

I have been pretty vocal several times about what I felt were key issues and roadblocks in kittehs path.
I offered to help strategize a plan of action but was not taken up on the offer. That in itself was disappointing as I believe that there were many forms of action we could have taken. Mergemining was not one of them.

so why do you people only offer to do stuff ? and not just doing ?

+1 I am sick of people saying they have offered to do this or that but didn't because [insert reason here]- JUST DO IT. Coordinate with the community. This has to become more of a decentralized effort. If me stepping down is the only way for people to GET that then so be it. It seems like AdamG has the right idea- the community needs to drive this thing, not me, not one person, not 3 people, a community.

We all have lives to live and other responsibilities so it would be selfish of us to hold it against the team for wanting to move on with their lives and careers. We can't necessarily expect someone to waste their time on something solely for our benefit. As much as we may not like this move, we all need to do whats right for ourselves first.

Thank you. I do appreciate the fact that someone here has the sense to see this- I picked up an open source project with no intention of it becoming what is has become. I'd never compiled a freakin wallet when I picked this up sometimes in January... lots of learning has happened! Its cool it got so big, and I would like the community to keep pushing it forward- but its unfair to hang this on me just because I took the time and proactive steps to make things happen when other decided to sit back and watch or just let Kittehcoin die. Now because I decided to try and help out and things were a smashing success beyond anything I was ready for- I'm the bad guy... for wanting to explore more innovative things in crypto with my very limited free time... really not fair to me or the team especially when we're trying to do what's right in how we transition away from Kittehcoin.

If I were a dev with free time (college kids I'm lookin at you) I'd be stockpiling MEOW and then announcing plans to takeover. Just a suggestion! But like I mentioned, I won't hand over Kittehcoin to just any schmoe, I'm lookin for a solid developer/team that will take good care of MEOW. There is an opportunity here to really make profit since Kittehcoin is so cheap at the moment, and lots of bagholders have already dumped their coins.

As mentioned earlier I will speak with AdamG tonight on IRC, that may yeild more interesting news in terms of where things are headed.

While I feel like I could have lead the project better than you, are you saying that I should have just what, stolen the source code, forked it myself, all the while learning C++ and convincing everyone to switch over to my fork?

Yea, I'll get right on that.
I'm not much of a programmer, and you are not a business person.
We all have our individual skills and talents and frankly I feel you relied on your programming knowledge/experience to try to solve a business/marketing dilemma.
It's also entirely possible you volunteered to take on this project before adequately considering how it would finance and promote itself.

Now it's very easy to just say "go do something, take action".

How hard would it have been to fork the code with a different algo to prevent multi-pools?
Everyone would have agreed to these changes as the coin has been at rock-bottom for a long time now.
How hard would it have been to create a multi-pool to create buying pressure on the coin (this strategy is not just for PoS coins)?

This next comment is not directed at you but the community in general. It's shocking how every nerd who knows how to create a cryptocurrency thinks that means they should make one. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. The majority of these "developers" are programming students with little or no real-world experience. How do I know that? It's evident in the way they speak, their actions and their reactions. The base goal of all crypto currencies is to flourish and to become an international world currency. You know what would be nice to all those programmers trying to build "Money 2.0"? If they knew a little something about business, marketing and economics. Wouldn't that be nice? If those people in charge of creating the worlds new money knew something about money themselves?

Again that was not directed at you Dano as you've proven yourself very capable. I just don't agree with how things were handled on this project.

Cryptocurrencies are a natural evolution of money. As such, as an EVOLUTIONARY MECHANISM we shouldn't be concerned if the coin has to relaunch two, three, five or twenty times. As long as it keeps getting better with each evolution. In fact, cats have 9 lives don't they? So what, you relaunch again and kitteh has 8 lives left? Wouldn't that play into the whole Cat theme anyway?

I suggested relaunching the coin with a new multi-pool proof algo, implementing a hard block reward tax like einsteinium for wildlife protection/development.

As I mentioned before, these are strategies I wouldn't like to talk about out in the open as any coin developer can then take these suggestions and implement them into competing coins.

More could have been done. You only needed to step back and take off your programmer hat to see this.

Just because someone is not a programmer does NOT mean they don't have ideas or can't be useful in strategizing a profitable plan.
Lets be brutally honest, programmers don't make games, programmers don't design the software and programmers don't make marketing decisions.
Programmers program, and that is what they are good at.
So expecting a programmer to do EVERYTHING (Design, Programming, Marketing, Finance, Legal) is just asking for failure.
But this is what happens in the crypto community. Every programmer goes off on his own and makes his own currency.
No one can do everything.

Was that a rant and a half? Sure was.
But I'm sure there was some point in there somewhere.
Whoever steps up to the plate needs to put their ego aside, admit they can't do everything and build a team to round out their weaknesses.
Guess what, Steve Jobs was a useless hack, he didn't have any programming knowledge, but you know what he had? Creativity and ideas.
Where would Apple be without him? Nowhere, thats where.
DFiLeR

Activity: 341

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 10:18:53 PM

We are getting delisted on Poloniex  ; (

VRC      VKAE3VC3iPf2FFJsrzirzk4SX6mSrzSUka                  XPM          AeX9teC4y9YMRNVb7726i8u3RTCcMksFG3
BTC       15P73FANUu5rgNcCr4kYVUNiD3tdmgqEuP             HYPER       HL2iRAWRThvAR9kt5NDdEPBhin57tD98hB
Demator027

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 02:02:29 AM

Does anybody even use Poloniex?
DubFX

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 02:14:40 AM

Well i used it myself...
sebastien1234

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2014, 02:18:44 AM

Well i used it myself...

volume was very low on that exchange.. Trading is mainly going on on cryptsy..

freddyfarnsworth

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 02:27:42 AM

Waaaat There are other exchanges ?? darn I need to read up Smiley

BTC: 1F1X9dN2PRortYaDkq89YJDbQ72i3F5N3h MEOW: KAbvy9jrrajvN5WLo7RWBsYqYfJKyN9WLf DOGE: DAyKSrTiVeRZaReTu1Cyf5Je6qPdKTuKKE
DFiLeR

Activity: 341

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 02:32:44 AM

hehe, guess i will send it back to coinedup, i dont use cryptsy.

VRC      VKAE3VC3iPf2FFJsrzirzk4SX6mSrzSUka                  XPM          AeX9teC4y9YMRNVb7726i8u3RTCcMksFG3
BTC       15P73FANUu5rgNcCr4kYVUNiD3tdmgqEuP             HYPER       HL2iRAWRThvAR9kt5NDdEPBhin57tD98hB
shai_

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 04:43:42 AM

@TheMightyX
your suggestion about multi-pool is bad
this is not a POS coin like BlackCoin, but POW
and if you mine other more profitable coin to buy cheap meow you will have more MEOW but they will be worthless
on the current difficulty it is too easy to double spend for some people.. and then coins disappear from exchanges
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001

Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2014, 05:03:03 AM
Last edit: April 18, 2014, 05:18:03 AM by danosphere

@TheMightyX No offense but if you think you could have lead better I wish you'd have said something to me (DM, email, PM, anything) rather than chiming in now. If I missed something you should have sent it again.

I'm very busy with my limited time working with the people in the community that read the update post in its entirety and didn't just skim the TLDR section. I AM NOT LEAVING KITTEHCOIN. My time is squeezed and I/we need more contributors if MEOW is to keep growing. People are already stepping up for real and not just talking. I'm busy doing what I can to enable those people to succeed and I'll continue to do so and chip in as I have time as stated in my update.

We also have people who are stepping forward to put up significant bounties to get items developed the community feels are of value. A new forum has been created to facilitate this next phase of kittehcoin's growth and a post everyone should read within that forum is here.[/color]

Much appreciation to those that actually read the post and are stepping up to help. Please support them and contribute what skills and time you can and Kittehcoin will be just fine.

Oh and let me reiterate to those who missed it: A new release with merged mining and a hard fork IS COMING! Prepare.

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
Syscoin Website | Syscoin Whitepaper | Syscoin Team Price Peg
sebastien1234

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2014, 06:09:22 AM

Waaaat There are other exchanges ?? darn I need to read up Smiley

We certainly do! We have 7 exchanges unless I missed something:

https://kittehcoin.info/wiki/kittehcoin-exchanges/

Smiley

danosphere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2014, 06:24:21 AM

Was just about to update that but I see you're "currently editing"  Grin

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
sebastien1234

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2014, 08:07:41 AM

While I feel like I could have lead the project better than you, are you saying that I should have just what, stolen the source code, forked it myself, all the while learning C++ and convincing everyone to switch over to my fork?

There's no such thing as "stealing" an open-source code, if you see it this way then it saddens me to think that you really do not have any idea how an opensource project works;  the people (in this case miners) will follow who they trust most.. If you think you can do better, you should have done it in the first place; honestly, saying that you could have done better is just talking, I'm sorry to put it this way but, talk is cheap. At the VERY least, if you thought you could do better, you should have coded it and proposed the code to the team, that's the beauty of opensource, it rarely contains only one dev and many devs will create their own version of it.. ie: Bitcoin vs every other coin..

We all have our individual skills and talents and frankly I feel you relied on your programming knowledge/experience to try to solve a business/marketing dilemma.
It's also entirely possible you volunteered to take on this project before adequately considering how it would finance and promote itself.

Once again, you prove my point about your understanding of an opersource project, you are looking at this project as if it was a business, which I think it can be seen that way, however, without IPO or pre-mine or both, or serious donations, there is no way to fund an opensource project. You seem to claim to be business-savvy, so I'm sure that you can agree with this, and I'm sure you can agree that funding is essential to any business project.

Dano decided to take over something that would have died instead of letting it die. I and a few other members of the team have also greatly contributed thousands of hours towards this without any payout at all, most of us only started mining when the algo was already screwed up and the payout was incredibly minimal, it did not even pay for the electricity used. Now don't get me wrong, I do not regret my contribution, but reading posts like yours do give me a partial sentiment of regret.

It's even easier to sit back, relax and complain that someone else is not doing something.

How hard would it have been to create a multi-pool to create buying pressure on the coin (this strategy is not just for PoS coins)?

I'm not sure I understand you here, are you trying to complain to algo devs that they did not build a multipool?? That's what multipool owners do, not coin devs (except for on a rare occasion). Either way, KittehCoin is still a small community, directing hashrate to other coins to trade for our coin is a good idea, if you already have a stable established hashrate, if not, you risk killing the coin because no one is hashing it, this is certainly not the way to go for a fairly new coin, but is absolutely something to look at for the future.

This next comment is not directed at you but the community in general. It's shocking how every nerd who knows how to create a cryptocurrency thinks that means they should make one. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. The majority of these "developers" are programming students with little or no real-world experience. How do I know that? It's evident in the way they speak, their actions and their reactions. The base goal of all crypto currencies is to flourish and to become an international world currency. You know what would be nice to all those programmers trying to build "Money 2.0"? If they knew a little something about business, marketing and economics. Wouldn't that be nice? If those people in charge of creating the worlds new money knew something about money themselves?

How is this post not directed at Dano or the team? And if it is not directed to Dano, then why the heck would you post this comment here? This is a comment for Maxcoin, I just don't understand the relevance here.

Cryptocurrencies are a natural evolution of money. As such, as an EVOLUTIONARY MECHANISM we shouldn't be concerned if the coin has to relaunch two, three, five or twenty times. As long as it keeps getting better with each evolution. In fact, cats have 9 lives don't they? So what, you relaunch again and kitteh has 8 lives left? Wouldn't that play into the whole Cat theme anyway?

I do partially agree with you on this, it is an evolutionary mechanism, it is a natural evolution of money. Hard-forking every couple of months however is an incredibly bad idea and leaves a sour taste in the mouths of many people. I personally spend countless hours on the last fork to contact every single pool way before the fork, to make sure they would be on the right wallet at relaunch, believe me it's not easy to get in touch with most pool owners, they are very incognito (in general, there's obvious exceptions like the amazing Locoshibe). Despite these efforts, there was still pools mining on the wrong wallet and I'm convinced we lost a percentage of the community because of it, too many forks is hurtful to a large community and devastating to a small community.

I suggested relaunching the coin with a new multi-pool proof algo, implementing a hard block reward tax like einsteinium for wildlife protection/development.

Again, talk is cheap, the last release, we launched KGW because EVERYONE was asking for it, people were constantly fearing multipools once we hit cryptsy, this is the reality of a coin that gets to that point. So we delivered on what everyone wanted. Ever since then we've been working really hard at changing that same algo or completely designing another one that will actually work to prevent multipools from invading the coin. You were certainly not the first to make this suggestion and I did not see you presenting a proper/proven/working code that will prevent this from happening.

More could have been done. You only needed to step back and take off your programmer hat to see this.

Could more have been done? Absolutely! But not by the devs, by the community, this is a meme coin, plain and simple, the most successful one is DOGE, look at what that community is doing, they are all pitching in. That is what needs to be done, not depend on a small group of people to make this happen, if you are not contributing and you're complaining, you are part of the problem, plain and simple (although please don't take it as if I'm not saying you are not contributing, it's a reference to the sentiment vs support we receive by a small but vocal part of the community)

Just because someone is not a programmer does NOT mean they don't have ideas or can't be useful in strategizing a profitable plan.

You are absolutely right, that is typically what investors/board of directors do (or pay someone to do), developers are not investors (or at least in this team, we are not). But once again, you are comparing a business model to an opensource project (which IMO is just not something you can logically do if there is no pre-mine/ipo)

Lets be brutally honest, programmers don't make games, programmers don't design the software and programmers don't make marketing decisions.

This statement is completely unfair to the countless amount of programmers that have become project managers and business owners/managers(often the most talented ones); it is simply not true that everyone only has one talent--- Bill Gates is a great example to counter your statement; a programmer and a business genius.

So expecting a programmer to do EVERYTHING (Design, Programming, Marketing, Finance, Legal) is just asking for failure.
But this is what happens in the crypto community. Every programmer goes off on his own and makes his own currency.

Absolutely and that's why the Dev team is not only comprised of coders, Dano is not the only one in the team and he assembled a fairly large group of people when he first took over, many of these people made promises of what they would do but never delivered, well it's not like we can threaten them to fire them if they do not deliver, when there's no money involved, we can only rely on the support people give us in all good faith.

Other than wanting to vent, I really fail to see where there is one.

Whoever steps up to the plate needs to put their ego aside, admit they can't do everything and build a team to round out their weaknesses.

From my countless conversations I've had with Dano, he is far from being egotistical, he really cares about creating a fair project and even in this case, despite the his recent lack of time, due to recent events, he has worked incredibly hard, burning the candles at both ends, to release something that will ensure that KittehCoin does not die and is easily sustainable by the community until a full and committed development team is structured.

Guess what, Steve Jobs was a useless hack, he didn't have any programming knowledge, but you know what he had? Creativity and ideas.

I once again disagree, Steve Jobs was not a useless hack, as much as I despise the way Apple does business, I have to give it to him, he was a very good salesman, that takes talent (your statements makes me feel that your claim to be a marketing/business expert are seriously unfounded, but I'd love you to prove me wrong!). Now Steve Jobs did indeed have creativity, ideas (all mainly marketing-related though which was his only real innovation, IMO), but he would have never been able to do what he did without funds, he had to sell the idea to investors who in turn gave his company money, in cryptocurrencies, we have to sell an idea to investors who in-turn invest by purchasing the coin, this creates absolutely no return to be able to build a business-like backbone to be able to fund new projects. Seriously, the more I type, the more I realize how much I'm amazed by your statements and comparisons.

zachamo

Activity: 346
Merit: 251

There can be only one!

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 01:38:07 PM

no time to post much other than this:
the Dev team has been fantastic. you can't code community support, and they asked for marketing help on several occasions but nothing solid ever materialized. playing the blame game, pointing fingers, and claiming you could have dome better is not only unproductive, it's counter productive.

Don't be counter productive. I applaud the outstanding efforts of the team that was voted best coin Dev team, and while whole a lot more could have and can be done, there is no blame but for the blame on every kitteh out there who did not step up (including myself). it's easy to criticize, much harder to contribute. Blame the criticizers for not contributing, not the contributors.

Dano didn't start this coin and did an amazing job of picking it up and running with it. I'm actually impressed that he stuck with it as long as he did, which is notably much longer than the original Dev did. Sad to see him step back, but only sad because of the talent and commitment from both him and the rest of the Dev team, not because I feel they took this coin the wrong direction or underdelivered. Dano took on too much in becoming the central figurehead behind the coin, primary medium of communication, and the lead developer. with the lack of gratitude the Dev team has seem, who can blame him and all of them for burning out? Hell, there would be a risk of burnout if they were being paid handsomely, and they did it all in their free time for a handful of nickels at best..

4000 chars available and all I got was this stupid tagline.
theghostok

Activity: 59
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 02:55:01 PM

Quote from: TheMightyX
lots of bla bla bla

Oh hai Bill Gates, here TheMightyX is saying that you're not a successful programmer. I think you should give him you dollars and return to your basement to write BASIC programs.

ETH.Town was always a scam, I alerted you, you didn't listen.
8bitinvader

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 03:47:15 PM
Last edit: April 18, 2014, 03:58:58 PM by 8bitinvader

Quote from: theghostk=topic=448003.msg6282441#msg6282441 date=1397832901
lots of bla bla bla

Oh hai Bill Gates, here TheMightyX is saying that you're not a successful programmer. I think you should give him you dollars and return to your basement to write BASIC programs.

Are you really that ignorant of tech history? Gates bought Q-DOS from another programmer named Tim Paterson for $50,000 and furnished it to IBM after negotiating the rights to license the OS to third party OEMs. IBM agreed to this deal in large part because they saw the rights as worthless. Yet more than anything else, it was that arrangement that allowed Microsoft to prosper into the entity it is now.

If you think what made Gates successful was his programming vision, then what you are in effect saying is that his role in the growth of personal computing was actually interchangeable. After all, there would have been no shortage of people that IBM could have found to develop their BASIC computers and/or DOS PCs. It takes a shrewd entrepreneur to recognize the opportunity Gates did. And that, I believe, is precisely X's point.  (Jobs also did something distinctly similar, first with Atari and then Xerox.)
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2014, 04:11:09 PM
Last edit: April 18, 2014, 04:45:36 PM by danosphere

There's no such thing as "stealing" an open-source code, if you see it this way then it saddens me to think that you really do not have any idea how an opensource project works;  the people (in this case miners) will follow who they trust most.. If you think you can do better, you should have done it in the first place; honestly, saying that you could have done better is just talking, I'm sorry to put it this way but, talk is cheap. At the VERY least, if you thought you could do better, you should have coded it and proposed the code to the team, that's the beauty of opensource, it rarely contains only one dev and many devs will create their own version of it.. ie: Bitcoin vs every other coin..

Once again, you prove my point about your understanding of an opersource project, you are looking at this project as if it was a business, which I think it can be seen that way, however, without IPO or pre-mine or both, or serious donations, there is no way to fund an opensource project. You seem to claim to be business-savvy, so I'm sure that you can agree with this, and I'm sure you can agree that funding is essential to any business project.

Dano decided to take over something that would have died instead of letting it die. I and a few other members of the team have also greatly contributed thousands of hours towards this without any payout at all, most of us only started mining when the algo was already screwed up and the payout was incredibly minimal, it did not even pay for the electricity used. Now don't get me wrong, I do not regret my contribution, but reading posts like yours do give me a partial sentiment of regret.

It's even easier to sit back, relax and complain that someone else is not doing something.

I'm not sure I understand you here, are you trying to complain to algo devs that they did not build a multipool?? That's what multipool owners do, not coin devs (except for on a rare occasion). Either way, KittehCoin is still a small community, directing hashrate to other coins to trade for our coin is a good idea, if you already have a stable established hashrate, if not, you risk killing the coin because no one is hashing it, this is certainly not the way to go for a fairly new coin, but is absolutely something to look at for the future.

How is this post not directed at Dano or the team? And if it is not directed to Dano, then why the heck would you post this comment here? This is a comment for Maxcoin, I just don't understand the relevance here.

I do partially agree with you on this, it is an evolutionary mechanism, it is a natural evolution of money. Hard-forking every couple of months however is an incredibly bad idea and leaves a sour taste in the mouths of many people. I personally spend countless hours on the last fork to contact every single pool way before the fork, to make sure they would be on the right wallet at relaunch, believe me it's not easy to get in touch with most pool owners, they are very incognito (in general, there's obvious exceptions like the amazing Locoshibe). Despite these efforts, there was still pools mining on the wrong wallet and I'm convinced we lost a percentage of the community because of it, too many forks is hurtful to a large community and devastating to a small community.

Again, talk is cheap, the last release, we launched KGW because EVERYONE was asking for it, people were constantly fearing multipools once we hit cryptsy, this is the reality of a coin that gets to that point. So we delivered on what everyone wanted. Ever since then we've been working really hard at changing that same algo or completely designing another one that will actually work to prevent multipools from invading the coin. You were certainly not the first to make this suggestion and I did not see you presenting a proper/proven/working code that will prevent this from happening.

Could more have been done? Absolutely! But not by the devs, by the community, this is a meme coin, plain and simple, the most successful one is DOGE, look at what that community is doing, they are all pitching in. That is what needs to be done, not depend on a small group of people to make this happen, if you are not contributing and you're complaining, you are part of the problem, plain and simple (although please don't take it as if I'm not saying you are not contributing, it's a reference to the sentiment vs support we receive by a small but vocal part of the community)

You are absolutely right, that is typically what investors/board of directors do (or pay someone to do), developers are not investors (or at least in this team, we are not). But once again, you are comparing a business model to an opensource project (which IMO is just not something you can logically do if there is no pre-mine/ipo)

This statement is completely unfair to the countless amount of programmers that have become project managers and business owners/managers(often the most talented ones); it is simply not true that everyone only has one talent--- Bill Gates is a great example to counter your statement; a programmer and a business genius.

Absolutely and that's why the Dev team is not only comprised of coders, Dano is not the only one in the team and he assembled a fairly large group of people when he first took over, many of these people made promises of what they would do but never delivered, well it's not like we can threaten them to fire them if they do not deliver, when there's no money involved, we can only rely on the support people give us in all good faith.

Other than wanting to vent, I really fail to see where there is one.

From my countless conversations I've had with Dano, he is far from being egotistical, he really cares about creating a fair project and even in this case, despite the his recent lack of time, due to recent events, he has worked incredibly hard, burning the candles at both ends, to release something that will ensure that KittehCoin does not die and is easily sustainable by the community until a full and committed development team is structured.

I once again disagree, Steve Jobs was not a useless hack, as much as I despise the way Apple does business, I have to give it to him, he was a very good salesman, that takes talent (your statements makes me feel that your claim to be a marketing/business expert are seriously unfounded, but I'd love you to prove me wrong!). Now Steve Jobs did indeed have creativity, ideas (all mainly marketing-related though which was his only real innovation, IMO), but he would have never been able to do what he did without funds, he had to sell the idea to investors who in turn gave his company money, in cryptocurrencies, we have to sell an idea to investors who in-turn invest by purchasing the coin, this creates absolutely no return to be able to build a business-like backbone to be able to fund new projects. Seriously, the more I type, the more I realize how much I'm amazed by your statements and comparisons.

+1000 Thanks for taking the taking the time to address all of his statements individually. Honestly I didn't have the time nor spirit to go through that soul-destroying process of explaining each point, thank you! Sebastien1234 has always been one of the core contributors and he continues to do so- kittehs that take action; hell to the yes.

no time to post much other than this:
the Dev team has been fantastic. you can't code community support, and they asked for marketing help on several occasions but nothing solid ever materialized. playing the blame game, pointing fingers, and claiming you could have dome better is not only unproductive, it's counter productive.

Don't be counter productive. I applaud the outstanding efforts of the team that was voted best coin Dev team, and while whole a lot more could have and can be done, there is no blame but for the blame on every kitteh out there who did not step up (including myself). it's easy to criticize, much harder to contribute. Blame the criticizers for not contributing, not the contributors.

Dano didn't start this coin and did an amazing job of picking it up and running with it. I'm actually impressed that he stuck with it as long as he did, which is notably much longer than the original Dev did. Sad to see him step back, but only sad because of the talent and commitment from both him and the rest of the Dev team, not because I feel they took this coin the wrong direction or underdelivered. Dano took on too much in becoming the central figurehead behind the coin, primary medium of communication, and the lead developer. with the lack of gratitude the Dev team has seem, who can blame him and all of them for burning out? Hell, there would be a risk of burnout if they were being paid handsomely, and they did it all in their free time for a handful of nickels at best..

Thank you very much that actually means a lot to me having gone through all this and seeing more people "hating" so to speak than recognizing this for what it is and appreciating the position I was in when I picked this up, where it has evolved to since then, and the position I'm in now. I'm simply asking more people to help out, 4 fully dedicated people can't be on the hook for making kittehcoin a success (current situation) we need a larger group of contributors- even if that means offering bounties (and we have people who have stepped forward to offer significant bounties- the caveat being they need to know what the bounty is for, seems fair enough to me.)

There is a new forum dedicated to the organization of this stuff, start posting up or at least ask questions. That is why I created it (this was done after talking with some of the kittehs in IRC). We now actually have a marketer I feel can do Kitteh real marketing justice (as Zachamo called out, we have tried for a very long time to find such a person, we've had people come on claiming they were such people but they weren't). Its tough having to be a recruiter, a dev lead, a team manager, and a community manager all at once (while holding a day job) and that is the role I'm in right now in terms of kittehcoin and I don't have the time to act in those roles effectively at the moment and need help- thankfully people are stepping forward to help but we need more.

Last night I was busy enabling those who have already stepped forward to help out. AdamG now has Twitter, FB, and Website access. He will be working on marketing and we're looking for more people to step forward. In particular we could use some folks with web-development experience (not just hosting) and also crypto devs. I will still be overseeing github but if devs submit a pull request (that's how it works in open source) I will accept it and it will become part of the next release (I will of course review all pull diffs thoroughly so we don't end up in a GOATcoin situation). Please put thorough comments on your commits so I can understand what you're trying to do in pull requests. We have pools stepping up to act as "official" pools for kittehcoin and other key items of that nature.

Be one of the kittehs that helps take kittehcoin to the next level, not one of the whiny cats.

Thanks again to everyone (especially the EU folks who have stayed up late late at night to sync with me) for the help in this next stage of Kittehcoin's growth!

Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... 147 »
  Print  

Jump to: