Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:39:48 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DUCK]DuckDuckCoin - Patched KGW - Trophy Coin 4 Hunters and Bird Watchers.  (Read 152311 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
nigttran

Activity: 435
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 11:38:22 AM

Maybe mine out pool http://duck.scryptominers.com/ to http://duck.bitember.com/ pool

The pool http://duck.scryptominers.com is still disable payout.

Duckcoin be died from egg.
Gema

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 11:42:47 AM

on bitember payouts working?
bolcoin

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 11:45:24 AM

Code:
addnode=162.213.254.217:12121
addnode=100.1.82.147:12121
addnode=66.172.11.82:12121
addnode=107.170.37.158:12121
addnode=69.90.132.64:12121
addnode=23.227.161.68:12121
addnode=69.90.132.181:12121
Wallet is still not synching.
mainduck (OP)

Activity: 53

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 11:46:23 AM

ATTN Genesis Block Investors - we will start sending DUCK tomorrow! It's been a long night.
TheMightyX

Activity: 350

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 11:50:30 AM

Wouldn't the software only accept a chain that builds on the correct early blocks? And woudn't those early blocks secure the premine to an account whose key was only known to the original developers? Are premines really this badly implemented in all the alt coins that have them?! These are utterly obvious precautions. It seems like this would only be possible if the premine was implemented with mind-boggling ineptitude.

yes and no... some of the things that you said are true, and yes this was a sub-optimal, perhaps lacking in eptitude launch - but we saved it and I'll explain more below.

we??  someone has already said that it was only 2btc and that amount was donated from someone else..meaning not a dev.
please explain...also how much duck was kept...rumored that it was .5

We wanted a fair launch with nobody on the team having unfair access to the sourcecode. We didn't want anyone getting any unfair mining advantage, the community can spot an instamine and that can taint the developers as untrustworthy. We didn't want to mine lots of blocks, we only mined and checkpointed to block 3 to secure the genesis block.

The coin bandit took advantage of a small window at launch, when a couple of essential things did not go as planned, to create a new chain with a new genesis block! The premine was secure on the original chain, but the original chain got replaced. The technical name for what transpired is referred to as an embarrassing clusterduck.

Immediately we scrambled a team of 16 for a 3 hour skype call, including pool owners, miners & other coin core devs. One of our developers was literally just out of the delivery room, his wife had just given birth when The Big Quack happened at ~9:30 PM EST.  He was able to take 30 mins to join the skype mastermind session on his cell phone outside of the hospital. Over all I'm proud of the way the entire team came together and worked on solving it. We did not plan for this, but we found a solution and worked well. This had never happened to us before, which is why we did not react as fast as we should have.

We acted slow because we did not want to shut everything down and delay the launch until tomorrow night because we would have lost momentum, which might kill the coin. This may have caused financial loss to the pool owners and miners that worked hard for the launch.

The other option was to use our sizeable hash power to relaunch right away, fork and take control of the blockchain with the miners & pool owners ... but we eventually decided against that as there would be competing blockchains that might never resolve itself, and some miners would have lost out on coins they mined.

While we were planning for a re-launch of the coin, taking down the repo and rebuilding the blockchain, syncing up with the pool owners to make a technical fix, some members of the marketing team took it upon themselves to negotiate with the premine pirate who reached out on IRC.

Our options were to solve it technically, which we were ready to do to save the coin, or give into his ransom demands. The problem with giving into the ransom demands is that the Crypto Catburgler wanted DUCKCOIN. We had to give him duckcoin from somewhere.

Keep in mind that our only premine compensation is 0.4% of the premine which is split evenly amongst THIRTY people. That's right there's 30 people on the team that have helped get this project off the ground, and will be providing infrastructure, resources, marketing, development, community support etc in the future.

The other 2.6% is for community giveaways and bounties. The final 17% was purchased by the investors. So there was the dilemma, do we steal the DUCK from the community to give to him, or do we steal the DUCK from the investors to give to him.

One of the early investors, aka the negotiator, stepped up and offered his share of DUCK to give to the Genesis Egg Kidnapper in order to resolve the hostage situation without having to hard fork or issue a new blockchain.

The amount that he made off with was 0.5 DUCK, which was equivalent to 2 BTC, which was send by this member for his share of The Big Quack. It's not a total loss for this member as we promised to buy him back 0.5 DUCK with the BTC that was raised once the coin is listed on an exchange. He asked us to do it this way rather than just sending him back the BTC because we will be helping provide liquidity to a miner or another investor by buying it off of the exchange for him.

There's a a couple of bugs left to squash, there's a transaction fee problem that we unfortunately missed, which is causing stuck transquacktions at the pools. This will require a client update hopefully in the next 12 hours. There's also an issue for some duck hunters trying to sync which requires fixing some configuration. This should be resolved soon.

We hope you enjoyed the entertainment, this should go down as The Great Genesis Egg Heist: The Best Failed Premine In History!

Are u fucking kidding me?
Is anyone buying this shit?
canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 11:59:16 AM

Wouldn't the software only accept a chain that builds on the correct early blocks? And woudn't those early blocks secure the premine to an account whose key was only known to the original developers? Are premines really this badly implemented in all the alt coins that have them?! These are utterly obvious precautions. It seems like this would only be possible if the premine was implemented with mind-boggling ineptitude.

yes and no... some of the things that you said are true, and yes this was a sub-optimal, perhaps lacking in eptitude launch - but we saved it and I'll explain more below.

we??  someone has already said that it was only 2btc and that amount was donated from someone else..meaning not a dev.

We wanted a fair launch with nobody on the team having unfair access to the sourcecode. We didn't want anyone getting any unfair mining advantage, the community can spot an instamine and that can taint the developers as untrustworthy. We didn't want to mine lots of blocks, we only mined and checkpointed to block 3 to secure the genesis block.

The coin bandit took advantage of a small window at launch, when a couple of essential things did not go as planned, to create a new chain with a new genesis block! The premine was secure on the original chain, but the original chain got replaced. The technical name for what transpired is referred to as an embarrassing clusterduck.

Immediately we scrambled a team of 16 for a 3 hour skype call, including pool owners, miners & other coin core devs. One of our developers was literally just out of the delivery room, his wife had just given birth when The Big Quack happened at ~9:30 PM EST.  He was able to take 30 mins to join the skype mastermind session on his cell phone outside of the hospital. Over all I'm proud of the way the entire team came together and worked on solving it. We did not plan for this, but we found a solution and worked well. This had never happened to us before, which is why we did not react as fast as we should have.

We acted slow because we did not want to shut everything down and delay the launch until tomorrow night because we would have lost momentum, which might kill the coin. This may have caused financial loss to the pool owners and miners that worked hard for the launch.

The other option was to use our sizeable hash power to relaunch right away, fork and take control of the blockchain with the miners & pool owners ... but we eventually decided against that as there would be competing blockchains that might never resolve itself, and some miners would have lost out on coins they mined.

While we were planning for a re-launch of the coin, taking down the repo and rebuilding the blockchain, syncing up with the pool owners to make a technical fix, some members of the marketing team took it upon themselves to negotiate with the premine pirate who reached out on IRC.

Our options were to solve it technically, which we were ready to do to save the coin, or give into his ransom demands. The problem with giving into the ransom demands is that the Crypto Catburgler wanted DUCKCOIN. We had to give him duckcoin from somewhere.

Keep in mind that our only premine compensation is 0.4% of the premine which is split evenly amongst THIRTY people. That's right there's 30 people on the team that have helped get this project off the ground, and will be providing infrastructure, resources, marketing, development, community support etc in the future.

The other 2.6% is for community giveaways and bounties. The final 17% was purchased by the investors. So there was the dilemma, do we steal the DUCK from the community to give to him, or do we steal the DUCK from the investors to give to him.

One of the early investors, aka the negotiator, stepped up and offered his share of DUCK to give to the Genesis Egg Kidnapper in order to resolve the hostage situation without having to hard fork or issue a new blockchain.

The amount that he made off with was 0.5 DUCK, which was equivalent to 2 BTC, which was send by this member for his share of The Big Quack. It's not a total loss for this member as we promised to buy him back 0.5 DUCK with the BTC that was raised once the coin is listed on an exchange. He asked us to do it this way rather than just sending him back the BTC because we will be helping provide liquidity to a miner or another investor by buying it off of the exchange for him.

There's a a couple of bugs left to squash, there's a transaction fee problem that we unfortunately missed, which is causing stuck transquacktions at the pools. This will require a client update hopefully in the next 12 hours. There's also an issue for some duck hunters trying to sync which requires fixing some configuration. This should be resolved soon.

We hope you enjoyed the entertainment, this should go down as The Great Genesis Egg Heist: The Best Failed Premine In History!

Yes. As one of the investors mentioned, I can vouch that this is indeed what happened. It's funny, but not that funny and I guess as investor I am buying this shit, er duck.

bentmar

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 12:00:09 PM

ATTN Genesis Block Investors - we will start sending DUCK tomorrow! It's been a long night.

Good to hear!

KlondikeCoin - KDC - Join the Gold rush!  KlondikeCoin:L1gyKVVs8wTcXEGLUHBLktz9P5JWuDjdqF  SunCoin: SfWNMhYF7vYwttRn3M8GHH4mHPkBUM2z6E
fengsui

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 12:02:12 PM

鸭币-中国挖矿、交易信息交流QQ群 244547403
Acidyo

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 12:04:54 PM

wts 1000 ducklings (0.00001) for 0.05 btc Smiley
drakoin

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

see my profile

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 12:05:37 PM

Code:
git clone https://github.com/duckduckcoin/duckduckcoin
cd ~/duckduckcoin/src

make -f makefile.unix

results in

Code:
g++ -c -O2 -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -g -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/root/duckduckcoin/src -I/root/duckduckcoin/src/obj -I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.8/include -DUSE_UPNP=0 -DUSE_IPV6=1 -I/root/duckduckcoin/src/leveldb/include -I/root/duckduckcoin/src/leveldb/helpers -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -MMD -MF obj/main.d -o obj/main.o main.cpp

main.cpp: In function ‘void BitcoinMiner(CWallet*)’:
main.cpp:4687:23: warning: unused variable ‘nBlockNonce’ [-Wunused-variable]

g++: internal compiler error: Killed (program cc1plus)
Please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.

See <file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-4.6/README.Bugs> for instructions.

make: *** [obj/main.o] Error 4

has anyone seen that g++: internal compiler error before?  

What to do?

no sign of a signature
majeis

Activity: 448

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 12:07:31 PM

At least they're not dropping 5 duck puns per sentence anymore.

Also, I like how their decision-making tree was limited to: STEAL FROM INVESTORS or STEAL FROM PREMINE.

So there was the dilemma, do we steal the DUCK from the community to give to him, or do we steal the DUCK from the investors to give to him.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████
BTC  ◉PLAY  ◉XMR  ◉DOGE  ◉STRAT  ◉ETH  ◉GRC  ◉LTC  ◉DASH  ◉PPC
     ▄▄██████████████▄▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄        █████
▄██████████████████████████▄      █████
████ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ████     ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██
████ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ████ ▄██████▄
████████████████████████████ ████████
███████▀            ▀███████ ▀██████▀
█████▀                ▀█████
▀██████████████████████████▀
  ▀▀████████████████████▀▀ 
DICE           
BLACKJACK
PLINKO       
VIDEO POKER
ROULETTE     
LOTTO            
Lykkan

Activity: 90

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 12:17:21 PM

I've been with this since the beginning. This was way worse of a launch than maxcoin for the record. I offered assistance but OP ignored it, posted warnings blah blah but he continued letting it go on. Either the people behind this coin are really stupid or they're in on it. Something's fishy in the pond. Glad I didn't invest. Enjoy your stinky marsh, feel free to join me on the moon
btcltcdigger

Activity: 2016
Merit: 757

To boldly go where no rabbit has gone before...

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 12:31:02 PM

Code:
git clone https://github.com/duckduckcoin/duckduckcoin
cd ~/duckduckcoin/src

make -f makefile.unix

results in

Code:
g++ -c -O2 -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -g -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/root/duckduckcoin/src -I/root/duckduckcoin/src/obj -I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.8/include -DUSE_UPNP=0 -DUSE_IPV6=1 -I/root/duckduckcoin/src/leveldb/include -I/root/duckduckcoin/src/leveldb/helpers -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -MMD -MF obj/main.d -o obj/main.o main.cpp

main.cpp: In function ‘void BitcoinMiner(CWallet*)’:
main.cpp:4687:23: warning: unused variable ‘nBlockNonce’ [-Wunused-variable]

g++: internal compiler error: Killed (program cc1plus)
Please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.

See <file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-4.6/README.Bugs> for instructions.

make: *** [obj/main.o] Error 4

has anyone seen that g++: internal compiler error before?  

What to do?

i sent you a pm
JTB800

Activity: 284

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 12:33:19 PM

I've been with this since the beginning. This was way worse of a launch than maxcoin for the record. I offered assistance but OP ignored it, posted warnings blah blah but he continued letting it go on. Either the people behind this coin are really stupid or they're in on it. Something's fishy in the pond. Glad I didn't invest. Enjoy your stinky marsh, feel free to join me on the moon

For the record, I am glad you didn't invest too!

Now stop stalking this thread. What have you got here -- like 30 posts? What are you, some weirdo or something?

Go to those threads that are going to join you on the "moon"! What pleasure are you taking from taunting other people? It's one thing to invest and then criticize, but what you're doing is just plain weird.

Now, as you post your (hopefully) parting shot at all of us stupid Duck investors, why don't you tell us where your "smart" money is going, so that we can all track your progress. Does that sound fair?

If we made a mistake by investing in Duckduckcoin, well, we are all grown up and can deal with it.

Now, leave us alone and get out of here.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 12:40:08 PM

I APOLOGIZE TO EVERYONE THAT I ATTACKED FOR CALLING THIS COIN A SCAM.

THIS COIN TURNED OUT TO BE A REAL SCAM, I LOST 0.5 BTC , I ADMIT I WAS WRONG

I ASK THE DEVS TO REFUND OUR MONEY, OTHERWISE FACE CONSEQUENCES. WE WILL FORM A GROUP AND REPORT YOU ALL TO THE FBI SO THAT YOU GET BUSTED ONE WAY OR OTHER IN THE FUTURE. YOU STOLE 95BTC WORTH OF INVESTMENT

wtf you really invested BTC into duck coin?? i thought it was all just a joke

RB25

Activity: 831
Merit: 500

BitSong is a decentralized music streaming platfor

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 12:52:43 PM

Can I just put --failover-only in the command line and run cgminer before the launch and cgminer will connect when the pool goes live?

Ex:

cgminer --scrypt --failover-only -o stratum+tcp://duck.mining-road.com:3333 -u username -p password --thread-concurrency xxxx --intensity xx --worksize xxx -g x

Will this work to run CGminer 15mins before launch and the program will automatically connect when the pool is available?

Yes Smiley if you have another questions don't hesitate.

just want you to know that this didn't work for me. I ran this exact command line with my info 10 mins before launch and it never connected. The only reason I am mining is because the dog woke me up at 03:40 EST and I checked it out and re-ran cgminer. Working now. I don't know if you addressed this in the posts between now and then, jut thought you should know I connected at block 857 to your pool after following your answer, missing out on the previous blocks.

You will have a lot of fun reading when you get around to it then...lots of fun.  and o yea..there is one individual that has over 4000 blocks already all to him/herself.

Wow, this is like a bad soap opera written by Tom Clancy.

.BITSONG.
████
████
████
████
████    ████
████    ████
████    ████
████    ████
████    ████
████    ████

████
            ████
            ████
            ████
████    ████
████    ████
████    ████
████    ████
████    ████
████    ████
██
██
██
██
██        ██
██  ██  ██  ██
██  ██  ██  ██
██  ██  ██  ██
██  ██  ██  ██
      ██  ██  ██
            ██
.▬▬▬▬TELEGRAM▬▬▬▬.
⇪  CHANNEL   ⇪    GROUP   ⇪
Twitter  Facebook  Medium
mpbayne

Activity: 9

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 01:02:44 PM

So, lets make this all clear,
The "stolen egg" bullshit means this:
Somebody, a MINER, like you or me had his shit together, and got to mining early.
And the developer did not like that, they felt like THEY should get all the early mining benefit, and give it to their (very very foolish) investors!

either that, or this whole thing is a Giant criminal enterprize.
Wow, 90 + BTC. I wish I had thought of it.

LOL

coinminercom

Activity: 31

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 01:09:42 PM

Thanks guys for the hard work all night and morning.
Lykkan

Activity: 90

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 01:14:44 PM

For the record, I am glad you didn't invest too!

Now stop stalking this thread. What have you got here -- like 30 posts? What are you, some weirdo or something?

Go to those threads that are going to join you on the "moon"! What pleasure are you taking from taunting other people? It's one thing to invest and then criticize, but what you're doing is just plain weird.

Now, as you post your (hopefully) parting shot at all of us stupid Duck investors, why don't you tell us where your "smart" money is going, so that we can all track your progress. Does that sound fair?

If we made a mistake by investing in Duckduckcoin, well, we are all grown up and can deal with it.

Now, leave us alone and get out of here.

Well if you weren't fucking stupid you'd know I was investing in dogecoin as our rocket has already left.
I have no problem with duck coin, I wanted to mine it, I wanted a fair start, so I didn't start mining it. I had intended on putting up our own 2 nodes and allowing everyone in the beginning of the thread who were left out start mining it. I didn't even realize we would have bypassed OP's genesis blocks. We had 2 nodes ready to go, and I messaged the OP and told him we'd be interested in helping him but nothing, he never responded. I don't trust what is going on here and I will leave it at that.

So, lets make this all clear,
The "stolen egg" bullshit means this:
Somebody, a MINER, like you or me had his shit together, and got to mining early.
And the developer did not like that, they felt like THEY should get all the early mining benefit, and give it to their (very very foolish) investors!

either that, or this whole thing is a Giant criminal enterprize.
Wow, 90 + BTC. I wish I had thought of it.

LOL

No, OP didn't post nodes, so they made their own 2 nodes and strarted from scratch without downloading op's genesis blocks.
Had he posted nodes and released the wallet, there would be too many peers to have bypassed it. People solo mining at the beginning help keep things in order.
JTB800

Activity: 284

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 01:28:51 PM

Well if you weren't fucking stupid you'd know I was investing in dogecoin as our rocket has already left.
I have no problem with duck coin, I wanted to mine it, I wanted a fair start, so I didn't start mining it. I had intended on putting up our own 2 nodes and allowing everyone in the beginning of the thread who were left out start mining it. I didn't even realize we would have bypassed OP's genesis blocks. We had 2 nodes ready to go, and I messaged the OP and told him we'd be interested in helping him but nothing, he never responded. I don't trust what is going on here and I will leave it at that.

Yes, I am sure that I am indeed "stupid" to not know what the great Lukkan invested in four months ago.

But if you could just indulge us morons and tell us what is going to happen in new coins going forward from now, we would be very grateful for your wisdom.

Now, that you have exerted all of this energy on 30 plus posts explaining what true mentally incapable people we all are, maybe you can migrate to a new coin. I am sure that there are other "stupid" people that desperately need your help.

We all appreciate your endless posts explaining to us our mental shortcomings, but it would be a shame not to share your talents with others.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  

Jump to: