Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 01:01:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 [280] 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][AUTO-SWITCH] Profit-switch auto-exchange pool: CleverMining.com  (Read 554361 times)
ny2cafuse
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

HODL for life.

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 03:55:20 AM

This is the part that relates to CM and its profits so I respond to it as it might interest our users. I'm ignoring all the rest as I wrote I will.

You seem to lack the ability to understand written word. I wrote that we lost only tiny amount by mining on a wrong chain, because coin-health checks jumped in and shortly stopped mining NLG when problems were detected. I did not disclose what average daily profits mining NLG creates for CM.

I promise you that if the amount would be totally insignificant for the pool, I would stop mining NLG, because maintaining coin daemons for 100 different non-profitable coins takes time and is not worth the effort if it doesn't generate enough profits. Altcoins market is very leveled-out these days and we are mining any coin which has even as low as 103% LTC profitability, because these 3% matters these days. It's not like we earn 200% by mining and selling NLG and your users need to spend 200% value to purchase NLG from us instead of mining it. The difference is much lower, more like 3-5%, and users who purchase NLG from us on exchanges don't overpay any significant value.

I reduced our NLG earnings from 103.2% to 103% (I get these numbers from nowhere - they are not real numbers and are just an example) to lower your max block times  from 120-580 minutes range to 20-60 minutes range. This is what I can do. But we cannot abandon any profitable coin and we need to mine NLG to keep our users happy and profitable.

EOT here.

Figuring out what you could possibly make on NLG in a given day for the last 5 months isn't hard to do.

Lets make it extremely easy for you:

50% of the average 550 blocks in a day is 275 blocks.  That's your take of NLG blocks in a day.  275 x 1000(the number of coins in a block) = 275000NLG per day.  275000NLG x 0.000005BTC(a higher average for the price for the last few months) = 1.375BTC.

Price was, for the most part, lower than 500 for a long time.  Some days you mined 70%, some days 30%.  Mostly, you fell in at around 45-55%.  So my estimation of 1-2BTC a day is pretty spot on to what you were making with NLG mining.  Take out your operating costs and fees, if any.  You're seriously telling me that 1-2BTC a day, spread among your hundreds, if not thousands of users, is worth all this negative reaction for?  The NLG community hates your pool.  After the last 5 months of your pools effect on us, they seriously consider you a cancer on our chain.  Is it really worth it?

Are you seriously going to tell me that your premiere profit-switching multipool is so reliant on 1-2BTC a day, to the point that you can't ease up on NLG?

-Fuse

Community > Devs

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Terk (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 522

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 04:01:50 AM

This is what every coin-switching pool is about. You earn 1 BTC here, 2 BTC there, 3 BTC there, and all these pieces make the total amount. You start skipping profitable coins, you end up mining only Litecoin. I'm sorry but this is how all coin-switching pools work. As I wrote multiple times, CM operates in a way to minimize inconveniences for coins. But you want me to stop running a pool at all and this is not going happen. End of story.

ny2cafuse
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

HODL for life.

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 04:21:09 AM

This is what every coin-switching pool is about. You earn 1 BTC here, 2 BTC there, 3 BTC there, and all these pieces make the total amount. You start skipping profitable coins, you end up mining only Litecoin. I'm sorry but this is how all coin-switching pools work. As I wrote multiple times, CM operates in a way to minimize inconveniences for coins. But you want me to stop running a pool at all and this is not going happen. End of story.

While I'd love for your pool to cease existing completely, I know that's not going to happen.

If you're going to "operate in a way to minimize inconveniences for coins", then do that.  You haven't done that with NLG, and your posts thus far today read like you won't anytime soon.  Prove me wrong.  Work with the NLG devs and community if you're going to keep mining NLG.  Don't say you are, and then rape the coin for another 5 months, only to perpetuate this cycle over and over.

If you want to cooperate, cooperate with our community and devs going forward.

If you can do that and prove that this is truly your intention, then I won't ever post in your thread again.  You have my word on that.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
Terk (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 522

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 05:15:07 AM

While I'd love for your pool to cease existing completely, I know that's not going to happen.

If you're going to "operate in a way to minimize inconveniences for coins", then do that.  You haven't done that with NLG, and your posts thus far today read like you won't anytime soon.  Prove me wrong.  Work with the NLG devs and community if you're going to keep mining NLG.

But I did this.

This was before your developers contacted me:

And this was after I make adjustments to ease on NLG:

And it has been like this for the last four months.

CM hasn't been mining NLG for the last four days and your block gaps remained at the same level - so there's nothing we can do to further ease in the issue which has potential to cause the most inconvenience to users and merchants. Because this is the most important issue.

Mining 50% is not an issue if there are 10 or maybe even 20 different scrypt pools/farms which have 15 GH/s or more and are able to takeover 50% NLG at any time. It's inevitable to be vulnerable to domination if you have only 1.2% of Litecoin network hashrate. Everyone who holds 15 GH/s or more is currently a threat to NLG, regardless if they mine 50% NLG or 0% NLG. Stopping mining doesn't change a thing.

If anything, having another 15 GH/s from CM for a total of 30 GH/s network only increases NLG security because it would now require someone else to have 30 GH/s to try to hurt NLG.

CM was in a position to control 50% of blockchain of over 100 different coins in our history (basically every scrypt coin except Litecoin, yes, including also Dogecoin at some point in time) and we were actually mining over 50% of dozens of coins. We never attacked any single coin and never did anything to intentionally hurt any coin. Also, there wasn't even single another coin community which reacted anyhow similar to NLG, with open hatred. The biggest non-LTC scrypt community which is Dogecoin was merely concerned about us having 51%, but they understood my explanation and accepted it with understanding. Please compare your reaction to this and look how many upvotes this statement got: http://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin/comments/2dw3tl/clevermining_statement_about_approaching_51_of/ - there were some negative comments of course, but most upvoted commens are filled with understanding, acceptance and even writing thanks for reassuring them with our position. There were not a single ridiculous comment about "raping" a coin of "fucking" a coin. Perhaps you should grow up to the level of DOGE shibes? ;-P

Coming back to NLG:

If NLG will choose to continue being a very tiny scrypt coin, 85x smaller than LTC, then you need to accept that there will always be dozen pools or mining farms capable to overtake your network. You need to either learn to live with this or change.

If you want to live with this, then being friendly with a pool like CleverMining is a good way to do this, because our added 15 GH/s can make you secure against anyone who would like to mess with your coin but doesn't have at least 30 GH/s. You can be sure that CM won't attack NLG, just as we didn't attack DOGE or any other among over 100 coins which we had technical possibility to attack. We have no interest in this kind of activity.

If you want to change this, then I recommend implementing AuxPoW and start being merge-mined, because coins which changed their algorithms to non-scrypt usually didn't end well (like Feathercoin which changed to Neoscrypt in October and then this happened: https://i.imgur.com/jq4pGOY.png) - miners already invested too much in scrypt ASICs to hold on to coins which decide to go the GPU route.

I already broke my promise to ignore you so please don't make me do this again. I'm really tired of this thread and I imagine CM users who will read this will have to be tired as well. If you want to comment, move to your thread or to PM. Goodnight.

Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 05:43:28 AM

[...]

EOT here.

Thank you for your thorough answers, Terk. Appreciated.

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 03:00:32 PM

I will continue to address you in public.  You want to hide in PM, and I'd rather let the people who want answers see what you have to say.

These coins don't disappear. If the coins are sold on markets, then it means that someone else bought them. So the coins still go to users who will actually use the coins. Nothing changes here.

The change is that at some point someone decides to buy a miner and use said miner to produce coins rather than buying them.  This is most likely someone who will end up using these coins on a day to day basis, as that is what the coin was created for.  When you're taking 50% of the coins out of the mining equation on any given day, you're taking coins out of miners hands.

If you came to that conclusion at the time you now claim you did, then well, you were not successful in implementing it. I recommended DIGI to another NLG developer in a PM sent on Sep 14th and I recommended it to you personally in a PM sent on Sep 16th. One week later you announced switching to DGW3. Then you finally implemented DIGI with the beginning of Feb, four months later. You can't blame me for you being unable to implement good solutions for four months.

Actually exactly 5 months ago I recommended you the solution which you failed to implement then and finally implemented only 4 days ago.

I'm not a dev.  I'm just a community member.  I, along with many others, made numerous suggestions to the devs of the coin.  It's true that it's not your fault that it took that long to make any changes, but it was your fault that we continued to struggle with your pool's influence on the coin during that time.  Don't sit back and claim innocence.  Your pool, your responsibility.

I repeat: There is no difference wether we actually mine 50% or don't mine but control hashpower which is able to dominate your mining network. It's just the fact that somewhere there exists a hashpower which could take over your network - this is the problem. There are dozen of entities with this amount of hashpower, CM being only one of them, and you can't do anything about it. Wether we mine 50% blocks or 0% changes only perception, but doesn't solve the problem. Mining 50% blocks makes only the problem more visible to you. Not mining makes it less visible to you - and that's the only change. Us stopping mining won't change the problem - there still will be dozen of different entities each controlling enough hashpower to dominate your network at any time.

You're absolutely right.  It's all about perception.  You go absent for long periods of time.  You let your pool rape our coin.  You finally come back here to answer questions.  When asked about the last 5 months, you sit back and tell us we should kiss your feet.  Right now, my only perception of you is you're a greedy narcissist.  I'm sure there are plenty of other people thinking the same thing in the NLG community.

So perception... yeah, let's talk about it.  If you come back to mining NLG, you're sending a clear message to the NLG community that even though the profit made from mining 50% of the NLG a day was a "tiny amount", as pointed out in your first post today, you're going to continue to mine it.  The only message that you're sending with that, that can't be perceived any other way, is "Fuck NLG".

Just leave NLG alone.  Just lets us enjoy not having the cancer that has been your pool run our blockchain into the ground.

If you find a solution to this - and somehow prevent the other dozen entities to be able to control your network, then I'm ready to discuss what more CM can do for you. Until this happens, I refuse to decrease my users profit only to change your perception of the problem, but don't solve any real problem. Your coin is as much vulnerable with someone mining 50% or not mining but being able to mine. Think of it like 10 people accidentally holding copies of keys to your home. You are vulnerable, because if they decided to, they can go in and out whenever they please (as: attack the coin). 9 of these people are holding their keys in their pockets (are not mining) and you don't see them. 1 of these people have his copy in plain sight (is mining) and it annoys you. You really should be worried that 10 copies of the key exist, not that you can see 1 of them. The thing is that you can't take these keys back and these people cannot give them back even if they wanted. There are dozen of entities with high enough hashpower to dominate your network and they won't disappear. Me hiding my key in a pocket won't solve your problem. And I won't throw my key away (where key being controlling enough amount of hashrate) as it would require shutting the pool down.

You're a trip.  "If you find a solution to MPs, let me know so I can adjust my pool to beat it".  LOL... what CM can do for me.  CM can kiss my ass.  That's what it can do for me.  I still don't understand how you can possibly think you're helping anyone in the NLG community.  You are seriously delusional.

So again: I'm helping any way I can while running our pool at the same time. I reduced your max block time 20-fold. I recommended you the best readjustment algorithm four months before you finally decided to use it. But I won't stop mining NLG at all only for you to feel better, because it wouldn't solve any real problem.

Your idea of "cooperation with coin-switch pool" is the pool to stop mining at all. This is not cooperation and this is not going to happen. This is not coexistence. You would like us to stop existing at all. I can agree to solutions which decrease inconvenience to your users a lot (decreasing maximum block times from 580 minutes to 30 minutes) and don't decrease profitability of my users in a significant way, but I won't implement solutions which really don't improve NLG in any way (other than make you feel better) but decrease our users profitability.

No, cooperation would have been you not raping the shit out of our blockchain for 5 months.  It would have been you not ignoring NLG all that time.  10%, 20%... anything besides the 50-90% you took everyday.  If NLG is a "tiny amount" of the profit you make in a day, then it wouldn't be significant decrease in your miner's profits in any given day if you stopped.  At most, you made a 1-2BTC a day mining NLG into the ground.  Spread amoung how many users?  You're seriously telling me that if that's a tiny portion of what you make in a day, you can adjust your mining to 10-20% and still not meet your profit goals by just mining a more profitable coin?

Again, perception... it really just looks like you either don't care about cooperating with anyone, or you're really bad at math.

I'm finishing discussing with you (and any other member of NLG community) in this thread because it's not the place for it - it's a support and announcement thread for communication between me and pool users. If your goal is to troll, then you can continue posting in this thread, but then I will simply ignore you and you will never hear from me again, let alone have a chance to ask me for something or try to convince me to something. If you really want to discuss something and try to convince me to something, then you already got my attention and show me that I should treat you seriously by stopping cluttering this thread and switching to PM.

I see you poked your head into the NLG thread, where people would LOVE to hear you talk about how much we should thank you for all your "cooperation".  I'll see you over there from now on.

-Fuse

holy crap, you are THICK. Your issue isnt with Terk, its with your shitty altcoin that is seconds away from being crushed by any half-decent scrypt-mining farm or pool.

Clevermining:
- redirects user hashrate to what is profitable.
- puts newly-mined coins into exchanges so that people can buy them (or not buy them, if the coin isnt worth anything)
- is not 51% attacking anything

NLG:
- has around 1% of the total scrypt hashpower. This makes it insanely weak and suscpetible
- has atrocious blocktimes, an issue that hasnt been resolved for months
- is incapable of handling an influx of hashrate, and does not adjust its blocktimes properly in accordance

You should be happy that clevermining is playing nice, when Terk could ACTUALLY rape and destroy your coin overnight very easily. Building a new coin based on an algorithm that's already in place and dominated by LTC is a terrible idea in the first place, and if Terk doesnt destoy it someone else will - either for profit or just for fun.

having the added hashrate of clevermining is supposed to be a good thing, you just dont see that

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
veertje
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 03:07:08 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2015, 06:08:53 PM by veertje

@klondike_bar: Upset was mostly caused by not responding for months, but that is ok now and Terk is not mining 50%-70% anymore. It is 30% now. 0%-10% would still be better though. Wink
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 07:09:19 PM

@klondike_bar: Upset was mostly caused by not responding for months, but that is ok now and Terk is not mining 50%-70% anymore. It is 30% now. 0%-10% would still be better though. Wink

honestly, if clever mining reduced as much as you like, the hashrate of the coin would drop by 15-20%, becoming even easier a target for anyone with ~12GH of scrypt. At least with clever mining involved, you need about 14-15GH to overwhelm the coin and cripple it via forking or a range of other attack styles.

IMO, new coins need to either be fast out of the gates to get a safe amount of hashrate, or be based on a new type of algo. It would not take much for a malicious miner farm or pool to bounce around various altcoins destroying them with 51% attacks for a few hours. Only reason it doesnt happen is that most altcoins simply are not worth the attack, which serves only to devalue them at the cost of time not spent mining BTC/LTC/DRK/etc (the leading coin for each algo)

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
vodach

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 06:53:23 PM

I still didn`t get my payment 13QErq5utG3urKMfrQC1znUTic7pGFu2W1
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2015, 08:23:33 PM

I still didn`t get my payment 13QErq5utG3urKMfrQC1znUTic7pGFu2W1

You have not reached the minimum for daily payouts (0.01 BTC) but you have enough for a weekly payout (minimum 0.001), so you should get it by Monday.
dengen

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 12:24:00 AM

I im now using Clevermining. Great service!

I have my first gpu instance running und showing up on your website. Now I want to add more machines. Is it possible to run them all under the same BTC wallet (username/worker)?

Wouldn´t be great to manage a lot of BTC wallets. I will run a lot of smaller machines (about 200-300 kh/s) instead of a few big ones.
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2015, 12:45:06 AM

I im now using Clevermining. Great service!

I have my first gpu instance running und showing up on your website. Now I want to add more machines. Is it possible to run them all under the same BTC wallet (username/worker)?

Wouldn´t be great to manage a lot of BTC wallets. I will run a lot of smaller machines (about 200-300 kh/s) instead of a few big ones.

You can run multiple machines with the same BTC address.
dengen

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 12:54:00 AM

Thank you

And is there a limit like on other pools? I saw some of them have limits like 20 machines per worker.
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2015, 01:11:25 AM

Thank you

And is there a limit like on other pools? I saw some of them have limits like 20 machines per worker.

I don't know for sure but I don't think there is a limit.
Life4mining

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 09:03:43 AM

I will continue to address you in public.  You want to hide in PM, and I'd rather let the people who want answers see what you have to say.

These coins don't disappear. If the coins are sold on markets, then it means that someone else bought them. So the coins still go to users who will actually use the coins. Nothing changes here.

The change is that at some point someone decides to buy a miner and use said miner to produce coins rather than buying them.  This is most likely someone who will end up using these coins on a day to day basis, as that is what the coin was created for.  When you're taking 50% of the coins out of the mining equation on any given day, you're taking coins out of miners hands.

If you came to that conclusion at the time you now claim you did, then well, you were not successful in implementing it. I recommended DIGI to another NLG developer in a PM sent on Sep 14th and I recommended it to you personally in a PM sent on Sep 16th. One week later you announced switching to DGW3. Then you finally implemented DIGI with the beginning of Feb, four months later. You can't blame me for you being unable to implement good solutions for four months.

Actually exactly 5 months ago I recommended you the solution which you failed to implement then and finally implemented only 4 days ago.

I'm not a dev.  I'm just a community member.  I, along with many others, made numerous suggestions to the devs of the coin.  It's true that it's not your fault that it took that long to make any changes, but it was your fault that we continued to struggle with your pool's influence on the coin during that time.  Don't sit back and claim innocence.  Your pool, your responsibility.

I repeat: There is no difference wether we actually mine 50% or don't mine but control hashpower which is able to dominate your mining network. It's just the fact that somewhere there exists a hashpower which could take over your network - this is the problem. There are dozen of entities with this amount of hashpower, CM being only one of them, and you can't do anything about it. Wether we mine 50% blocks or 0% changes only perception, but doesn't solve the problem. Mining 50% blocks makes only the problem more visible to you. Not mining makes it less visible to you - and that's the only change. Us stopping mining won't change the problem - there still will be dozen of different entities each controlling enough hashpower to dominate your network at any time.

You're absolutely right.  It's all about perception.  You go absent for long periods of time.  You let your pool rape our coin.  You finally come back here to answer questions.  When asked about the last 5 months, you sit back and tell us we should kiss your feet.  Right now, my only perception of you is you're a greedy narcissist.  I'm sure there are plenty of other people thinking the same thing in the NLG community.

So perception... yeah, let's talk about it.  If you come back to mining NLG, you're sending a clear message to the NLG community that even though the profit made from mining 50% of the NLG a day was a "tiny amount", as pointed out in your first post today, you're going to continue to mine it.  The only message that you're sending with that, that can't be perceived any other way, is "Fuck NLG".

Just leave NLG alone.  Just lets us enjoy not having the cancer that has been your pool run our blockchain into the ground.

If you find a solution to this - and somehow prevent the other dozen entities to be able to control your network, then I'm ready to discuss what more CM can do for you. Until this happens, I refuse to decrease my users profit only to change your perception of the problem, but don't solve any real problem. Your coin is as much vulnerable with someone mining 50% or not mining but being able to mine. Think of it like 10 people accidentally holding copies of keys to your home. You are vulnerable, because if they decided to, they can go in and out whenever they please (as: attack the coin). 9 of these people are holding their keys in their pockets (are not mining) and you don't see them. 1 of these people have his copy in plain sight (is mining) and it annoys you. You really should be worried that 10 copies of the key exist, not that you can see 1 of them. The thing is that you can't take these keys back and these people cannot give them back even if they wanted. There are dozen of entities with high enough hashpower to dominate your network and they won't disappear. Me hiding my key in a pocket won't solve your problem. And I won't throw my key away (where key being controlling enough amount of hashrate) as it would require shutting the pool down.

You're a trip.  "If you find a solution to MPs, let me know so I can adjust my pool to beat it".  LOL... what CM can do for me.  CM can kiss my ass.  That's what it can do for me.  I still don't understand how you can possibly think you're helping anyone in the NLG community.  You are seriously delusional.

So again: I'm helping any way I can while running our pool at the same time. I reduced your max block time 20-fold. I recommended you the best readjustment algorithm four months before you finally decided to use it. But I won't stop mining NLG at all only for you to feel better, because it wouldn't solve any real problem.

Your idea of "cooperation with coin-switch pool" is the pool to stop mining at all. This is not cooperation and this is not going to happen. This is not coexistence. You would like us to stop existing at all. I can agree to solutions which decrease inconvenience to your users a lot (decreasing maximum block times from 580 minutes to 30 minutes) and don't decrease profitability of my users in a significant way, but I won't implement solutions which really don't improve NLG in any way (other than make you feel better) but decrease our users profitability.

No, cooperation would have been you not raping the shit out of our blockchain for 5 months.  It would have been you not ignoring NLG all that time.  10%, 20%... anything besides the 50-90% you took everyday.  If NLG is a "tiny amount" of the profit you make in a day, then it wouldn't be significant decrease in your miner's profits in any given day if you stopped.  At most, you made a 1-2BTC a day mining NLG into the ground.  Spread amoung how many users?  You're seriously telling me that if that's a tiny portion of what you make in a day, you can adjust your mining to 10-20% and still not meet your profit goals by just mining a more profitable coin?

Again, perception... it really just looks like you either don't care about cooperating with anyone, or you're really bad at math.

I'm finishing discussing with you (and any other member of NLG community) in this thread because it's not the place for it - it's a support and announcement thread for communication between me and pool users. If your goal is to troll, then you can continue posting in this thread, but then I will simply ignore you and you will never hear from me again, let alone have a chance to ask me for something or try to convince me to something. If you really want to discuss something and try to convince me to something, then you already got my attention and show me that I should treat you seriously by stopping cluttering this thread and switching to PM.

I see you poked your head into the NLG thread, where people would LOVE to hear you talk about how much we should thank you for all your "cooperation".  I'll see you over there from now on.

-Fuse

holy crap, you are THICK. Your issue isnt with Terk, its with your shitty altcoin that is seconds away from being crushed by any half-decent scrypt-mining farm or pool.

Clevermining:
- redirects user hashrate to what is profitable.
- puts newly-mined coins into exchanges so that people can buy them (or not buy them, if the coin isnt worth anything)
- is not 51% attacking anything

NLG:
- has around 1% of the total scrypt hashpower. This makes it insanely weak and suscpetible
- has atrocious blocktimes, an issue that hasnt been resolved for months
- is incapable of handling an influx of hashrate, and does not adjust its blocktimes properly in accordance

You should be happy that clevermining is playing nice, when Terk could ACTUALLY rape and destroy your coin overnight very easily. Building a new coin based on an algorithm that's already in place and dominated by LTC is a terrible idea in the first place, and if Terk doesnt destoy it someone else will - either for profit or just for fun.

having the added hashrate of clevermining is supposed to be a good thing, you just dont see that

I have been mining with Clevermining for awhile now, it is a great service while POW lasts. I used to mine coins directly but they would eventually die because they didn't have enough users to support the constant dumps. Mining LTC is no good unless you getting power for close to nothing and while I would love to directly mine coins to support them you just can't compete with jump pools. Terks Clevermining is by far the best I have used.

With the above being said I have noticed a trend with Sha-256 and scrypt coins dying or switching to PoS faster then new POW coins are being created and the word faster is a big understatement. For people who have just purchased ASICs this could spell bad news and I think the POW market will consolidate as PoW coins switch or completely die out. It's going to be survival of the fittest for these PoW coins and I believe we will see less then 10 being successful.

The positives about jump pools is that they do kill crap/scam coins really quickly as dedicated miners lose faith incredibly fast. The negative is being coins that do provide our profits taking strain on their dedicated miners as a previous one coin miner myself I can testify to this users frustration.  

klondike_bar raises good points but this issue has not been solved by any coin without completely switching algos or having really low block times and low supply rewards. Even Noblecoin which is one of the better and more respected coins got done in by multipools. Guldencoin certainly has stain power and have personally started investing a bit of btc back into it, there is a lot of spirit in that project and I hope it does succeed.

veertje
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 01:16:01 PM
Last edit: February 09, 2015, 02:09:18 PM by veertje

I am watching your NLGstats page, if Clevermining for any reason gets over 60% I will switch until it's below that amount. I have over 5 GH/s to push at any coin. Right now I am just happy buying up the Clevermining dumps for cheap. So I am winning both ways this way.

http://nlgstats.iblogger.org/

EDIT: Send me a PM if Clevermining hits 60%.

Thanks in advance for support eventually with dedicated mining!
dueoaiphh

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 04:30:42 PM

Would it be possible to get an update on the status of the pool? For the past week and a half there's been intermittency with the website as well as US pool (didn't test EU). I noticed errors with the pool when bfgminer was saying it could not find a valid host. Once reconnected things were OK for a few days then my hashrate dropped by 25%.

I've since switched off of Clevermining until the issues are addressed and would appreciate a status update.
gadgetathome

Activity: 29

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 08:48:33 PM

Hi, as you can see I have 4 miners running but it seems most of the time I'm getting work restart and very few shares.
I've been on other pools but never noticed this before, is this normal?

http://puu.sh/fHpEJ/9fcface6a0.png
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2015, 08:54:27 PM

Hi, as you can see I have 4 miners running but it seems most of the time I'm getting work restart and very few shares.
I've been on other pools but never noticed this before, is this normal?

http://puu.sh/fHpEJ/9fcface6a0.png

Looks like the pool is mining a fast coin and/or switching coins often but that shouldn't be a problem for you. Is the hashrate reported on the website matching your actual hashrate?
gadgetathome

Activity: 29

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 10:49:06 PM

Yes its saying 'Rejected: 0.2 MH/s (0.3%) 55.3 MH/s 24-hour Average' which is about right as I have another one running about 30MH/s on the same account.
I'm in the UK and the 5 zeus miners are using a total of 2.5kw which costs me about £7($10) a day.
My first payment was 0.00820268 BTC which seems a very low, what can I expect for 55MH/s?
Pages: « 1 ... 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 [280] 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 »
  Print  

Jump to: