Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:48:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What factors scare others from investing into bitcoin?  (Read 4173 times)
Coin-1
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 2232

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 02:14:00 PM

There are many factors due to which an individual is scared to invest in Bitcoin
  • volatility- The high volatility causes huge price fluctuations due to which people are scared in investing into BTC
  • Legalisation- Bitcoin is not yet legalized in many countries which make people step back from investing into BTC

People are reclined to invest in Bitcoin when its price is growing and thus they usually buy the crypto currency on the high levels. After that the large investors dump their coins, therefore an ordinary holders sustain losses. It doesn't matter whether Bitcoin is legalized in all over the world or not, because people want to buy Bitcoin for a fiat currency of the country they live in. I can't call this factor a scare. It is just an being careful of avoiding a potential losses.
mitchel_am

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 02:24:47 PM

Bitcoin is not something to be scared of. I think it is important to know the project and to not let yourself manipulated by others
Xenrise

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 02:27:07 PM

Probably the volatility(the ups and downs of the price) and the security of bitcoin. Well, nobody in this world wanted to put their money to waste. If they invested on something that is not secured, then they're just wasting their time right? It means that people needed a secured profit by investing.
kkukkugaga

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

Hello World!

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 02:33:45 PM

As for me, the first that scares me about btc is when i lost my coins because of my carelessness or lack of knowledge. And so, I'm trying my best in doing my part in learning and exploring it. Also, before I was afraid that btc is just a scam, but since most of my friends proved that it's legit and really profitable, and so I tried it.

T r a x i o n                                                            TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO
TRANSITIONS YOU TO A CRYPTO-READY SOCIETY       Pre-Sale starts April 15, 2018
Github     Telegram     Medium     Facebook     Twitter     Reddit     Youtube
Josiah Dave Leonor

Activity: 97
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 02:40:57 PM

because bitcoin is an computer aided currency, some people they treat it as a scam, others dont know what is it, how to use it, they became scared because of this factors.
kinzey

Activity: 254
Merit: 100

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 02:43:28 PM

Bitcoin has come a long way and come really come to stay. As a matter of fact, anytime some people who know nothing about bitcoin are introduce to bitcoin about how bitcoin works, they channel all their attention to whoever is passing the information to them by listening attentively. However, after developing the interest in bitcoin, they quickly revert their interest in bitcoin the moment they hear of the volatile nature of bitcoin, thereby, deciding not to invest into it anymore. Guys, what are some other factors that scare people from investing into bitcoin?

People tend to doubt things that they don't see or be held in front of them. Also people doubt things that are new to them. Specially the people that are not used to the internet. The newer generations are more open to new things. Just my opinion and i am 40+ already. Smiley

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  [     CRYPTOS⚫LARTECH      ]  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  White Paper     ||   BLOCKCHAIN & ENERGY FOR A BETTER WORLD   ||     One Pager 
Telegram      Facebook      Twitter      [[     TOKEN SALE is LIVE     ]]      Medium      Youtube      Reddit
Marlo Stanfield

Activity: 490
Merit: 280

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 02:44:14 PM

I believe that price volatility and legal status are the main concern for anyone to think about their involvement in Bitcoin and other crypto currencies. I do not think that there are other problems like technology or user friendliness. Lack of awareness is one of the main reasons for people not to get involved with Bitcoin because they believe the media story without doing their own research and try to understand what is Bitcoin technology and blockchain and how it works. Thanks

Its volatility caused a sudden dropping of price and because of that some investors sell their bitcoin and then the supply and demand are being affected. For us long in bitcoin, we know that the dropping of its price is normal, because we've been through these for many years. The problem is the people who are new in bitcoin are easily deceived by the bad news spreading on the social media.

And that gets compounded by the fact that so many of the new wave of 'investors' are/were just people looking at Bitcoin like a get rich quick scheme. So not only to they get spooked and sell during the downward adjustments, but they also will likely become sour towards the whole idea in general. And some of those people will be the ones who pour out their troubles on social media.
djmixen

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 02:45:06 PM

I think some people was afraid on investing on bitcoin in a way that they think the market price of bitcoin will down in a long period of time, i think it's better for them to make study and gain more knowledge about bitcoin before they invest so that they have no such things that comes into their mind about it.
Dinatrio

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2018, 02:46:38 PM

Most peoples talk with me about BTC , don't trust him because it's unstable
When you invest in BTC you don't know when you take profit - but you exactly know that sooner or later it's give yours percents of profit.
xaker74

Activity: 1016
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 02:53:13 PM

Many people are probably afraid of not knowing how it works and where it came from, and the fact that the governments of many countries have not decided on the status of bitcoin.
Ryker1

Activity: 1932
Merit: 442

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 02:55:12 PM

In my own opinion, the factors that scares people to start investing or trading is the price of bitcoin, I can say that they want a safe investment that's why they don't want to start investing on bitcoin. Bitcoin is very risky and volatile, anytime the price might drop that will lead to a huge loss, I think that's the main reason why people are scared to invest in bitcoin.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Lionel Messi

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 02:56:02 PM
Last edit: June 21, 2018, 07:22:17 PM by Lionel Messi

Lack of a basic understanding of the technology and the cant to do simple math.
ThePogi

Activity: 71

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 03:00:54 PM

Some are Not knowledgeable in the World of CryptoCurrency while other Use this as a Scam, To invite more people to invest in bitcoin but the truth it is not, So that is why many potential investor back-out on some investment project because media spread it as a ponzi scheme.
callmeback

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 03:24:46 PM

Aside from it could be fearful if the exchange itself is being hack and that your tokens or coins are on it and being taken away already. Bitcoin is very risky and volatile, anytime the price might drop that will lead to a huge loss, I think that's the main reason why people are scared to invest in bitcoin. I think it's better for them to make study and gain more knowledge about bitcoin before they invest so that they have no such things that comes into their mind about it. It doesn't matter whether Bitcoin is legalized in all over the world or not, because people want to buy Bitcoin for a fiat currency of the country they live in. I can't call this factor a scare. It is just an being careful of avoiding a potential losses.
bkrobottc1

Activity: 183

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 03:31:00 PM

I think it have 2 reason:
1. Are bitcoins acceptable in their country yet?
2. They will be difficult to understand if they are new in the market
Relax Mama

Activity: 130

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 03:37:27 PM

The first and foremost reason why people refrain from investing in Bitcoin is #Bitcoin isn't legal in all the countries. The legality issue is the main one.
#Then there's an issue of getting into scam. People get scammed and lose their money. But with total understanding it can be minimized.
#The lack of total understanding can also be a major contributing factor.
#Also the fluctuation in the price market of bitcoin could be the reason.

But with its cons, there's also pros in this currency.
Sharon2017

Activity: 9

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 03:39:19 PM

people usually tend to listen but not understand..if they understand the potentiality of btc as currency and its power they will not hesitate to invest..fluctuation are normal even normal currency value changes. Even stock from different company..but still many people invest and use it why because they have knowledge of it..I do not invest in stock not because of it fluctuate but I do not know the nature of stock..
Ar Rahman

Activity: 123

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 03:42:31 PM

there are some factors that make people afraid to invest in bitcoin, among them legal factors, because bitcoins are not acceptable in their country or do not yet have state government permits, other factors also of bitcoin prices continue to rise and fall, so they do not want to take risks when bitcoin prices fall, some people are afraid to invest in bitcoin because they do not yet understand about blockchain and bitcoin.
arifin eky

Activity: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 03:44:18 PM

there are several factors but one of them that makes people reluctant or afraid to invest in bitcoin is the government ban to legalize bitcoin in the country, this makes people think hard to jump in bitcoin.
Gila uang

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 03:52:17 PM

To be honest I feel very confortable with AML BitCoin. AML BitCoin rests on a privately regulated public blockchain that facilitates AML-KYC compliance and identifies criminals associated with illicit transactions, while maintaining and sthrengthening the privacy protections for legitimate users.

I think that there are other problems like technology or user friendliness. Lack of awareness is one of the main reasons for people not to get involved with Bitcoin because they believe the media story without doing their own research and try to understand what is Bitcoin technology and blockchain and how it works.
I believe that price volatility and legal status are the main concern for anyone to think about their involvement in Bitcoin and other crypto currencies.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: