Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 05:06:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What factors scare others from investing into bitcoin?  (Read 4169 times)
Pr3ko

Activity: 216
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 09:56:20 AM

I am sure one of the basic factors that scare most people from investing into bitcoin is the volatility aspect of it. Because most of them are afraid to invest today and all of a sudden the price of bitcoin starts to go down but i am sure they are not aware of the surprising speed that bitcoin can take when it starts to rise.
kissme09

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 09:59:15 AM

There are several of them. One is that Btc is not legalised and so those who fear to take risks will always runaway way from it. Others also run away because of lack of knowledge about the whole thing and so there have fear to invest
You are right to say that many people who run away for Bitcoin are not legitimate, so they worry about it. But fluctuations made many people more anxious than ever when Bitcoin sharply reduced next year has now made many investors depressed and withdraw from it.

ballerin and giroud

Activity: 868
Merit: 16

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 10:06:47 AM

The number one factor is Bitcoin's volatility. When you introduce bitcoin to a new person, you're gonna tell them the positive sides before the negative one. You got their interest at first but when you're gonna tell them the negative side, look at their disappointed faces. Because all of us here should take the risk of losing. They must know that being included in the cryptoworld isn't easy as they think. There are times that you need to hold and wait, there are times you win, and there are times that you'll lose but it depends on the situation. This is only one factor that scares most of us, especially the newbies or the beginners.
But if the person has other thoughts to gain profit, the volatility of bitcoin price is not problematic. The purpose of investment is to get profit, but to get profit in bitcoin is not only investment only. They can trade to get profit, I think the volatility of bitcoin price is a good way to earn money with trading way. Even a person can benefit every day by utilizing volatile bitcoin prices. The bitcoin price volatility is not an important factor that makes one reluctant to choose bitcoin, but with many scam places and bitcoin images always associated with bad things is what keeps them afraid and away from bitcoin.
Dells

Activity: 518
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2018, 10:08:52 AM

I think some people perceived bitcoin as a fashionable thing that everyone should have in late 2017. But now many people do not understand how to use it and what is going on with prices. It is probably scared.
vik254

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 10:16:42 AM

1. The  lack  of  regulations  in  the  market  has  been a  major  challenge  to  most  people   who  would  like  to  invest in  the  sector.  This  mainly  applies  to  people  who  are  willing  to n invest  huge  sum  of  cash.

2. a  number  of  people  also  fear losing  their  coins  though  hacking.  with  the  increase  in   number  of  hacking  cases  in  various sites most investors  are  now  slowing  down  their   investments  in  the   market.

3. the  rapid   change   in  technology  in  the  crypto  world.  more  sophisticated  coins  which  are  efficient  and  economical  are  now  being  offered  in  the  market.  a  number  of  persons  who  were  investing  on  btc  in  the  past  prefer  using  the  same  money  investing  in  other  coins.
sugarpie2018

Activity: 85
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 11:12:53 AM

Bitcoin has come a long way and come really come to stay. As a matter of fact, anytime some people who know nothing about bitcoin are introduce to bitcoin about how bitcoin works, they channel all their attention to whoever is passing the information to them by listening attentively. However, after developing the interest in bitcoin, they quickly revert their interest in bitcoin the moment they hear of the volatile nature of bitcoin, thereby, deciding not to invest into it anymore. Guys, what are some other factors that scare people from investing into bitcoin?

Aside market volatilty of Bitcoin, i believe one major factor that scares people from investing in Bitcoin is the increasing scam associated with it. the more scammers increase in the Bitcoin market, the more dangerous and vulnerable investors become. and since no investor wish to fall prey to scam, anti-scam measure must be put in place to solve this major issue.
_navoj

Activity: 40

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 11:22:55 AM

Bitcoin were also used with illegal activities and some were afraid of being tricked by others. Which some experienced.
badakjawa

Activity: 336
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2018, 11:23:19 AM

Many factors cause people to fear investing in bitcon.
1. Legality issues, bitcoin is still illegal in some countries.
2. Prone abused (hacking).
3. Very extreme price fluctuations
4. Many fraud mode, in 2015 there has been a case of fraud by a citizen of the United States named Trendon Shavers. He founded the Bitcoin stock exchange firm called Bitcoin Saving. Shaver was later found guilty of having cheated Ponzi schemes worth US $ 150 million.
5. Unclear tax rules.

GIGZI INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Crowdsale Starts on 23rd November 2018
Telegram   Medium   GitHub   Twitter   Reddit   LinkedIn   Facebook
inv_ker

Activity: 144
Merit: 30

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 11:35:50 AM

Bitcoin has come a long way and come really come to stay. As a matter of fact, anytime some people who know nothing about bitcoin are introduce to bitcoin about how bitcoin works, they channel all their attention to whoever is passing the information to them by listening attentively. However, after developing the interest in bitcoin, they quickly revert their interest in bitcoin the moment they hear of the volatile nature of bitcoin, thereby, deciding not to invest into it anymore. Guys, what are some other factors that scare people from investing into bitcoin?

I think there are two major factors which really affect people's decision to invest in bitcoin. Number one is legality. But it does not mean bitcoin is illegal. It is just that it is not legal so they think bitcoin is involved in illegal activities. Next one is price. People are scared of price value that it goes down.
hacking13

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 11:40:24 AM

one major factor is gotta be the unstable price. One minute its price is high, next minute, its on a falling spree. Another factor will be the issue of acceptance. Not all countries in the world allow for crypto trading.
Guesstures012301

Activity: 52

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 11:42:42 AM

For me, i think the factors why people are scare to invest in bitcoin is because of rumor or fake news. Other people said that bitcoin is just a scam, or other says that you will just waste your time in bitcoin. Or others is still not legalized bitcoin in the country.
dutchkay

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 12:52:53 PM

Many people already have the mindset that nothing good will ever come out of bitcoin. Some believe it to be scam and ponzi scheme and i don't blame them though. Some are scared of the volatile nature of it. One minute your money i losing value fast and you can't do anything about it. Some are afraid that the government are always fighting it and believe that it can't win against the government. Some even believe is an underworld thing, that is used for illegal activities.
Many have different opinions towards and believe that too many forces are against it and will just stay off for now.
jemarleon

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

Silence

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 12:56:29 PM

You are right one of its factor that changes mind of other possible investor is that its volatility but aside from that the factor I consider the most is that there are people saying BTC is bubble which affect most of the possible investor especially if that people is from the stock market and has a lot of experience in trading.
_crypto_moon_

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 12:57:40 PM

It seems to me that the most important factor why people do not actively invest in the crypto currency is the complexity of its use. Now people are very lazy and we need to simplify the learning process of the crypto currency.
Wintersoldier

Activity: 966
Merit: 274

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 01:10:28 PM

It is kinda normal to think twice when it comes to investing your wealth specially, if it involves a large portion of your money. Nobody, wants to loose money. No one wants to see their investment crashing like a piece of trash in a bin. That is perhaps the problem on people who invested on bitcoin and not yet informed about how volatile it is. When they see the price of bitcoin goes down, they begin to panic and then later on sell even when the value is still low. Learn the nature of bitcoin to utilized its maximum potential.
AdamRay

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 01:11:11 PM

It seems to me that the most important factor why people do not actively invest in the crypto currency is the complexity of its use. Now people are very lazy and we need to simplify the learning process of the crypto currency.
I think the reason why many people are afraid to invest in Bitcoin is because they are not sure they know about technology. At the same time, its volatility also makes people hesitate. Whenever there is so much disturbance information is made they are confused in making the final guess and decision.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
Zentor

Activity: 378
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 01:44:18 PM

At this moment bitcoin is very volatile, has high entry threshold has weak protection against losing money because of inaccuracy. These are main reasons in my opinion
Stavr1992

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 01:52:34 PM

A protracted downtrend primarily frightens investors from around the world to invest in bitcoin. However, as soon as there is an uptrend, people will again take their money to the crypto currency
deadpool02

Activity: 88

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 01:55:36 PM

The main reason I see is it's not legal. It's illegal in many countries. People dont have proper knowledge . If the price goes low they panic and sell it at low price. It's important to have a full depth knowledge before investing huge amounts rather then regretting later.
iASIC

Activity: 308

AMA BCT

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 02:03:32 PM

The main reason I see is it's not legal. It's illegal in many countries. People dont have proper knowledge . If the price goes low they panic and sell it at low price. It's important to have a full depth knowledge before investing huge amounts rather then regretting later.
The fear of investing in Bitcoin is probably due to its volatility. Too much news about Bitcoin every day, nowadays is quite negative. It makes people afraid to learn more about themselves and make decisions for themselves. Bitcoin, however, has tremendous potential and its price will soon jump back.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: