Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:41:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 [996] 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369739 times)
URSAY
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 02:09:03 AM

I'm sure you're well aware that you're now at the mercy of the cloud mining service.  Holding mint (aka initial investment) in a personal wallet does not require trust from a third party and recoup is not required.  I wish you the best.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coolbeans94

Activity: 613
Merit: 500

Mintcoin: Get some

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 06:46:32 AM

I can't help but chime in.
That is 1 BIG big takeaway; the fact that you have to opt for trust in a centralized 3rd party, rather than promoting the decentralized option.  One thing interesting too is your valuation in fiat vs valuation in crypto.

Another thing to note:
A lifetime contract is still limited to a lifetime. No future generations. No ability to pass on your inheritance to your children's' children? No generational wealth potential.

There is a good Proverb 13:22  "A good man leaveth an inheritance to his children's children: and the wealth of the sinner is laid up for the just."

I leave you with some thoughts:

People find waiting for a larger reward more difficult when an immediate reward is physically close to them, openly visible, or partially sensed.

The best traders think differently from the rest.  The best traders aren't afraid.

Afraid of:
1. being wrong.
2. losing money.
3. missing out.
4. leaving money you could have taken on the table.

These are the four primary trading fears. Your fears will act against you in such a way that you will cause the very thing you are afraid of to actually happen.

Learning to accept the risk is a trading skill; the most important skill you can learn. Develop the skill of risk acceptance.

The cold hard reality of trading is that every trade has an uncertain outcome. Confidence and fear are contradictory states of mind that both stem from our beliefs and attitudes. Eliminate the tendency to rationalize, hesitate, jump the gun, hope that the market will give you money, or hope that the market will save you from your inability to cut your losses. Trade without the slightest bit of fear, but do not allow yourself to become reckless. This is vital. You can't work on overcoming it, though, if you don't even know it is a problem. No matter how good a trade looks, it could lose. So however, eliminating fear is only half the equation; the other half is the need to develop restraint. Eventually we all, even the best, experience a losing trade. The markets are just too erratic and are too many variables to consider for anyone to be right every time. The right mindset is like unto a restaurant owner incurring the expense (loss) of having to buy food, to keep the business going.  If you never accept the times you need to be buying the food, you will be permanently out of business.

(1.) Moral happiness depends upon moral order.
(2.) Moral order depends upon the harmonious action of all our powers, as
individuals and as members of society.
bizzargin

Activity: 424
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 07:47:50 AM

Lol I'm not looking to leave my 2.5 Thash power to anyone.  It will be worthless in less than 4 years.  I think my point has been missed that I wanted SOMETHING for my Mint before it was nothing.  I've had the hashing power for months, long before I sold my MINT. 

And yes, fiat and crypto go hand in hand. That's why it's compared to Usd.   I don't measure Mint or Btc in any other way.  Seems stupid to say 1 Mint = 3 potatoes.   The reason the gold standard was a thing was because ppl could associate how valuable fiat is in comparison to it.  Eventually when we move toward crypto, we can leave fiat behind just as we did with gold but for now ppl need to associate the value of crypto with something they know. (Difference being gold is actually a valuable resource, not just paper)   

And as for trading, my years spent Forex trading and writing EAs has had its shares of ups and downs.  I'm not afraid to lose when I know I'm managing my risk correctly.  I'm just not willing to lose it for nothing.  If MINT manages to stay a BTC pairing and maybe grow a few sats, why couldn't I invest back in?  Maybe I'll get some on its 5Th bday

Anyways great chats and wish MINT all the best. 
coolbeans94

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 05:30:53 AM

IMO, in 4 years, MINT will not be worthless; not only that, but it will keep on minting. Big assumption to say that it is going to nothing.

Anyway, today marks the 3-year point since MINT became POS only.

Here are a few MINTCOIN NETWORK STATISTICS as of March 9, 2017:

Total MINT coins outstanding:                     24,218,802,628
Total value per Mintcoin:                            $0.000035 USD or .00000003 BTC
Total market capitalization:                          $867,273 USD or        722.7 BTC
Total time as Proof of Stake only:                      1,097 days
Total time since 5% APR:                                      97 days
Total coins Ever Minted since pure POS only:   5,608,089,338
Total coins Minted since 5% APR:                     318,802,628

Total value of coins Ever Minted:                         $196,283 USD or 163.5 BTC
Total value of coins Minted since 5% APR:               $11,158 USD or    9.3 BTC

Average Value Minted per day from coins ever minted:   $179 USD or    .15 BTC

I hope this helps some to understand. Mintcoin is so mint!

Enjoy!   Smiley

deepcreek

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 07:18:45 PM

@coolbeans94: Like always nice to see some statistics, thanks for that Smiley

Crazy to think that MINT has been PoS for so long already, time moved so quickly and we are still arround.
Great things happening in the MINTCOIN space. I personally cant wait to see where we stand in 3 years. But im confident we will still be arround and stronger then ever.
georgidimitrov

Activity: 101

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 04:11:54 PM

is there a good exchange with a MINT/DOGE trade pair?
MintyAllDay

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2017, 05:10:54 PM

is there a good exchange with a MINT/DOGE trade pair?

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange/?market=MINT_DOGE

Twitter @MintyAllDay
MintyMintcoin.com
MintyAllDay

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2017, 06:03:05 PM
Last edit: March 22, 2017, 06:44:31 PM by MintyAllDay

Mint Cards #2:  Big Fern and #3:  Fork of August 2015 are now available.  396 cards were printed in total, each with it's own unique public address and private key.  240 cards will be distributed at CoinFestUK 2017 in April.  I've added another protective layer over the hologram which may improve security on the card itself in comparison to the original, Mint Lotus Alpha.

You can purchase a new card with mintcoin in the Mint Shop at mintymintcoin.com or on Twitter @MintcoinShop.  More info and pics:  http://mintymintcoin.com/MintCards.html

Twitter @MintyAllDay
MintyMintcoin.com
coolbeans94

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 05:41:20 AM

Mint Cards #2:  Big Fern and #3:  Fork of August 2015 are now available.  396 cards were printed in total, each with it's own unique public address and private key.  240 cards will be distributed at CoinFestUK 2017 in April.  I've added another protective layer over the hologram which may improve security on the card itself in comparison to the original, Mint Lotus Alpha.

You can purchase a new card with mintcoin in the Mint Shop at mintymintcoin.com or on Twitter @MintcoinShop.  More info and pics:  http://mintymintcoin.com/MintCards.html

Nice. Are you going to do any burns?  Smiley

MintyAllDay

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2017, 03:39:38 PM

Nice. Are you going to do any burns?  Smiley

Eventually some cards will be destroyed.  However, based on overall mintcoin community contributions and how the market responds, I may need to focus my time on other areas of mintcoin at least temporarily.  A more pressing issue from my perspective is the availability of some type of official light wallet or a similar digital solution which allows new users to hold mint without the need for the pro QT wallet or a blockchain download.

Twitter @MintyAllDay
MintyMintcoin.com
Ricklosti

Activity: 71

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 06:01:20 AM

I noticed that Fuzzbawls, the MINT developer, is also one of the developers of PIVX, a privacy based PoS coin which has been soaring in price lately.
I have downloaded the PIVX wallet to check it out and compare and it really loads fast and runs using about 1/6 the RAM that MINT does. Is there any possibility that since we have Fuzzbawls as our dev, the beneficial features of PIVX code such as anononiminty, instant transactions, and wallet performance optimizations will be migrated into MINT? I like the features of PIVX, and I see why people like it, except I believe MINT's proof of stake parameters are much better and more fair for long-term growth and sustainability. And the 5% APR is perfect for long-term growing.
Privacy in coins seem to be all the rage now and I for one would welcome the changes neccesary to upgrade MINT code to allow for Master Nodes coin mixing anononiminty, faster transactions, and smoother overall performance, such as faster loading times and less RAM usage. MINT uses a lot of RAM compared to other wallets and I'm not entirely sure why. I know MINT has a lot of coins and a lot of blocks and 2x faster block speed even than PIVX which is nice.
But what I'm saying is, average user will probably not tolerate running a wallet if it seems like such a hog.and people want privacy/anonymity.
I think if MINT were to adopt these PIVX features, it would bring new life into this coin.
Regardless of what others might think, MINT has the best proof of stake parameters of all the coins. This is the core of our coin; what makes Mintcoin MINT! But I believe MINT is being held back by a lack of optimization and technological advances that didn't exist in the beginning.
What does Fuzzbawls think?
Anyone else on board with me? If so, how can it be done? What is our roadmap for development? I think if even just the word gets out that MINT is going to implement similar PIVX anonymous/privacy features and upgrades, as part our development roadmap, then it will give MINT a big boost. And once finally implemented, I see MINT becoming a top 10 contender. I for one am willing to invest big into MINT if this roadmap becomes a reality. Demand for privacy is big. Before people are going to store a lot of wealth on this coin people will demand these features.
Fuzzbawls

Activity: 750

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 06:40:21 AM

I noticed that Fuzzbawls, the MINT developer, is also one of the developers of PIVX, a privacy based PoS coin which has been soaring in price lately.
I have downloaded the PIVX wallet to check it out and compare and it really loads fast and runs using about 1/6 the RAM that MINT does. Is there any possibility that since we have Fuzzbawls as our dev, the beneficial features of PIVX code such as anononiminty, instant transactions, and wallet performance optimizations will be migrated into MINT? I like the features of PIVX, and I see why people like it, except I believe MINT's proof of stake parameters are much better and more fair for long-term growth and sustainability. And the 5% APR is perfect for long-term growing.
Privacy in coins seem to be all the rage now and I for one would welcome the changes neccesary to upgrade MINT code to allow for Master Nodes coin mixing anononiminty, faster transactions, and smoother overall performance, such as faster loading times and less RAM usage. MINT uses a lot of RAM compared to other wallets and I'm not entirely sure why. I know MINT has a lot of coins and a lot of blocks and 2x faster block speed even than PIVX which is nice.
But what I'm saying is, average user will probably not tolerate running a wallet if it seems like such a hog.and people want privacy/anonymity.
I think if MINT were to adopt these PIVX features, it would bring new life into this coin.
Regardless of what others might think, MINT has the best proof of stake parameters of all the coins. This is the core of our coin; what makes Mintcoin MINT! But I believe MINT is being held back by a lack of optimization and technological advances that didn't exist in the beginning.
Anyone else on board with me? If so, how can it be done? What is our roadmap for development? I think if even just the word gets out that MINT is going to implement similar PIVX anonymous/privacy features and upgrades, as part our development roadmap, then it will give MINT a big boost. And once finally implemented, I see MINT becoming a top 10 contender. I for one am willing to invest big into MINT if this roadmap becomes a reality. Demand for privacy is big. Before people are going to store a lot of wealth on this coin people will demand these features.

Yes I'm currently working with PIVX on a few things that will (eventually) lead to improvements for MINT. There is a very big technical road block that affects both projects' optimization and performance. Speaking about resource usage, you really can't compare MINT to coins with shorter chains, as resource usage does scale with chain length. most coins will consume similar resources given similar chain lengths. That isn't to say there aren't further optimizations that can be done.

I myself don't see MINT moving towards privacy/anon focused features. Given the number of recent coins doing that, I feel that there are enough coins focusing on that already and would like to see MINT have a different focus. That is of course just my own opinion and my opinion alone is not the deciding force as to where MINT goes.
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 09:10:23 AM

MINT is stuck at the "Big Bump in the Road" for POS projects.

They are basically the masternodes concept, before that word became hip.

So if you want to stake the bigger more popular coin, the POS miners need to move up the ladder and host a fulltime all the time node, that means a dedicated machine.  You usta be able to mine BTC on a PC, usta;)

Is there instrct for installing MINT on a server?

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
Ricklosti

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 03:51:39 PM

MINT is stuck at the "Big Bump in the Road" for POS projects.

They are basically the masternodes concept, before that word became hip.

So if you want to stake the bigger more popular coin, the POS miners need to move up the ladder and host a fulltime all the time node, that means a dedicated machine.  You usta be able to mine BTC on a PC, usta;)

Is there instrct for installing MINT on a server?
What do you mean?
MINT doesn't have Master Nodes, at least not yet.... That is what I am saying we should add them and introduce privacy/anonymity into MINT.

PIVX requires 10,000 coins out of their roughly 53,000,000 total to form a master node.

If MINT decided to implement this, using a similar % of coins required to create a master node, then a MINT master node would require roughly 5,000,000 coins.

But since MINT has better staking parameters with the 20 days wait, there is more opportunities. We could lower the coin requirements, so even say 1,000,000 coins for a master node and that way with the same.captial, you could form 5 times as many master nodes and make the anononiminty 5x stronger and involve 5x as many participants.
Ricklosti

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 06:14:58 PM

Yes I'm currently working with PIVX on a few things that will (eventually) lead to improvements for MINT. There is a very big technical road block that affects both projects' optimization and performance. Speaking about resource usage, you really can't compare MINT to coins with shorter chains, as resource usage does scale with chain length. most coins will consume similar resources given similar chain lengths. That isn't to say there aren't further optimizations that can be done.

I myself don't see MINT moving towards privacy/anon focused features. Given the number of recent coins doing that, I feel that there are enough coins focusing on that already and would like to see MINT have a different focus. That is of course just my own opinion and my opinion alone is not the deciding force as to where MINT goes.
What focus would you like to see? What is the development roadmap for MINT?
MintyAllDay

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2017, 01:23:50 AM

May be of interest to you...

https://github.com/MintcoinCommunity/MintCoin-Docs

Twitter @MintyAllDay
MintyMintcoin.com
vhong

Activity: 361
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 01:38:09 AM

May be of interest to you...

https://github.com/MintcoinCommunity/MintCoin-Docs

Any plan on putting advertising and promotional campaign so that MINT can become popular again?
MintyAllDay

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2017, 01:52:38 PM

Any plan on putting advertising and promotional campaign so that MINT can become popular again?

Current promotion will take place at CoinFestUK 2017 on April 7th and 8th.  240 unique Mint Cards will be given away at the event.

coinfestuk.org
coinfestuk.org/partnerships
mintymintcoin.com/MintCards.html

Twitter @MintyAllDay
MintyMintcoin.com
vickysaggu

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 02:05:27 AM

very good time to buy this coin.
Ricklosti

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 12:38:39 AM

What would it take to get MINT listed on POSwallet.com?
Pages: « 1 ... 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 [996] 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: