Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 06:41:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When the World Cup ends, will ETH and BTC rise?  (Read 2983 times)
Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 09:59:34 PM

I think so. During the World Cup, some bookmakers made huge profits. Of course, they will make money seem legal by laundering money. Virtual currency is a good choice. Of course, this practice violates certain laws, but it will not stop their desire for benefits. A large number of BTC and ETH transactions will follow, and prices seem to rise accordingly.
This is my personal thought. This may be naive and perhaps sensitive. Welcome to discuss.

It can have effect. If you remember last time in the Winter Olympics, there are some countries that pay their athletes cryptocurrencies as part reward for their winning, if they win any medals in their respective events, therefore, it would not be a new idea if more countries would do the same after the World Cup, because surely, some footballers, considering how rich they are and having some money to burn, have already invested in cryptocurrency-related businesses.

redsap

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

Harmony for One and All

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 10:01:50 PM

well i think it can be recover when in the middle of the world cup played, because someone really need this if still many hotel or other are accepting payment with btc itslef, people will paying with the bitcoin i think so it can make bitcoin more needed

gela888gela

Activity: 141
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 10:56:37 PM

I think so. During the World Cup, some bookmakers made huge profits. Of course, they will make money seem legal by laundering money. Virtual currency is a good choice. Of course, this practice violates certain laws, but it will not stop their desire for benefits. A large number of BTC and ETH transactions will follow, and prices seem to rise accordingly.
This is my personal thought. This may be naive and perhaps sensitive. Welcome to discuss.
Until now, I have not seen the impact of World Cup implementation on bitcoin and ethereum prices, and maybe it does not exist. Crypto is still in a weak state, and I still believe that other potential bitcoin, ethereum, and altcoin will be able to bypass this long correction and recover.
thanhly0760

Activity: 64

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 10:28:16 AM

Although it's difficult to find  the connection between world cup and crypto / securities market, I still agree with you. It's because of cryptocurrencies advantages: anonymous, fast transfer, safe, low fee etc. The conspiracy theory used in your topic is similar to that one used by crypto traders as they don't know the reason why the crypto market keeps going downwards and the cash-flow has been gradually withdrawn.
democity

Activity: 303
Merit: 15

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 10:40:15 AM

Until now, I have not seen the impact of World Cup implementation on bitcoin and ethereum prices, and maybe it does not exist. Crypto is still in a weak state, and I still believe that other potential bitcoin, ethereum, and altcoin will be able to bypass this long correction and recover.
There is not much contact. In that case, the development of the world cup should be more conducive to the development of encryption, but no change has been seen.
ineonota

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 10:42:41 AM

I guess you can link the flow of fiat during this World Cup going towards bookies as opposed to cryptocurrencies, especially for people who focus more on short term gains and pump-and-dumps. I'm no financial expert, but possibly maybe this has gotta impact crypto prices to a certain extent vis-a-vis supply and demand?
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2018, 10:44:22 AM

I don't think that world cup betting will be having any impact at all on the exchange rates of BTC, ETH or any other crypto-currency. There can be a slight drop in prices, due to the winners dumping their coins.
bit..what?

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 10:47:25 AM

I think that's just wishful thinking.
I see no connection between crypto currency and the world cup.
Therefore, i do not believe that the prices are influenced by the world cup.

✦ BCB ATM ✦
The Bitcoin ATM Network ₿ Bringing Digital Currencies to Local High Streets!
hcoin01

Activity: 135

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 10:50:41 AM

I think that the world cup crypto money world can not be affected. Politics affects the stock market, but it does not affect sports activities.
What affects digital money prices is the amount of money on the crypto exchange.
anggriani

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 10:51:03 AM

your prediction may happen and the bookies will potentially do it. but I do not think this will affect the market to rise again and not a good reason for the world of crypto.
Baoo

Activity: 854
Merit: 116

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 10:51:57 AM

Why not? , everything is possible, maybe these two best cryptocurrencies ( Bitcoin and Ethereum ) will rise in the near future ( after the end of World cup ) and maybe the opposite will be achieved and the crisis will continue. Unfortunately,  in the era of cryptocurrency there always new events and surprises , and we do not really know what will happen in the future. In addition to that, I Believe in Bitcoin and I am pretty that this coin will overcome all the problems and the attacks especially by few governments.
On the other hand, we must be optimistic and expect the best for the cryptocurrencues in general. Plus, hope that everything will change for better in the near future. 
BogdanGFTP

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 10:55:55 AM

I think it will not rise because of this factor. Money laundering does not cause increasing of price. Instead, it could rise because of success of projects like Telegram Open Network or El Petro.
active706

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 05:44:39 PM

I don't think World Cup can make some big influence on crypto market. In any case we can see that correction is going to end soon and till autumn we will see the bullish trend again.
vincentong17

Activity: 266
Merit: 17

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 05:48:22 PM

Not sure about that but probably we can see a good pre bull for the next few weeks. BTC and ETH will rise from this bear. I hope the CBOE will expire and but this is just a good dip -cheap price and alot of coins are on bearish thread i would really buy on this dip.
cryptobae10

Activity: 658
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2018, 05:50:55 PM

I’m not sure what’s happening
Because have been unable to corellate the connection between the world cup and crypto currency
Because it’s a mere coincidence which affected the dump, the issues regarding exchanges been hacked, huobi dumping btc amongst other rare unusual news too

So let’s all observe what happens as the world cup closes
el_lobo
Copper Member

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 05:51:46 PM

I don't think World Cup can make some big influence on crypto market. In any case we can see that correction is going to end soon and till autumn we will see the bullish trend again.

I can not imagine that there is a connection between the world cup and crypto.
If I look at the price history of bitcoin from 2014, there seems to be no price change in the context.
AK47-

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 05:55:09 PM

What co-relation does FIFA has with Bitcoin?

The Russia legalizing Bitcoin can be taken as a good news which might bring a short term pump which is not really expected in this market situation. But I don't think FIFA has anything to do with it. FIFA might increase the revenue of betting sites. There are countries where betting is ban. In such countries, cyptocurrencies might be used for betting and this can have some minimal effect on the volume and hence, the price. But nothing to a level that it can bring a permanent pump.
Luckyji

Activity: 166
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 08:03:50 AM

To  me i do not think  that the world cup has any thing to do with the fall of bitcoin and eth i think it is the nature of the market it falls and raise and i strongly believe that in less than no time the market will boom up to its standard.
aoihs00

Activity: 700
Merit: 300

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 08:09:19 AM

Thats a good start though. At least after the biggest dip of all time we can say that this could be the positive news about the crypto currency. Yes, it is naive to think like this but nothing is wrong in that one. World Cup is itself a gambling portal for many people, and I think more than 90% of people does the gambling and put lot of bets on the market. Some of them might be doing it via crypto currencies and some of them might just exchange their winning into the crypto currencies later on. Thats the way market might just go hand in hand and may change everything after a month or so.
JungleBadman

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 09:33:30 AM

I understand your idea but i think it is conceived out of hope and desperation rather than out of logic. The fact of the matter is that most betting on the world cup will be done through regulated bookmakers who are watched by regulatory bodies extremely tightly to make sure things like this don't happen. Betting is not illegal and bookmakers would not be able to launder money because everything they make is above board and they could lose their license and reputation over it at the very least.

Maybe some individuals will go through unregulated bookmakers who might be able to launder money, but its something I have never heard of in recent times as most gambling is done through big companies these days.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: