Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:02:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] TAKCoin REBRANDED . TOLERANCE. ACCEPTANCE. KNOWLEDGE [TAK] is Back. SHA256  (Read 148351 times)
TakeiCoin (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 09:41:33 PM

An interesting observation:

The TakeiCoin founders setup the charity fund in order to make donations. I'd like to state a couple facts:

1. The charity fund has currently received 198,829 TAK coins. See here: http://altexplorer.net/address/TL95WwokfV9kCYVq9Sz3UfTXRRsPnGmhUD
2. The TAK founders put out a press release stating they would donate a minimum of $10,000 to the Long Island GLBT Services Network. This entity was selected as the first to receive a donation from this fund.

I'd like to try and figure out how the number of $10,000 was reached. By stating their source of money (the fund) and the total USD amount in the press release (10,000), this implies that $10,000 USD is equal to 198k TAK.

10,000 / 198,829 = 0.05029447414613. This means 1 TAK coin is equal to ~$0.05.

Someone please show me where an individual would be willing to trade/pay at that rate.

No sir, the $10,000 initially listed is not from the TAK, the TAK will be added to the donation. We will have a quote from the CEO of the organization shortly.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Acejam

Activity: 124
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 09:53:04 PM

No sir, the $10,000 initially listed is not from the TAK, the TAK will be added to the donation. We will have a quote from the CEO of the organization shortly.

The first $10,000, which has already been raised, will be donated on behalf of Edie Windsor's historic victory for same sex marriage to The Long Island Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Services Network, an association of five non-profit organizations that work to eradicate homophobia, provide a home and a safe space for Long Island's GLBT community and advocate for equality.
With this next generation fundraising, on top of the $10,000 being donated, in a matter of one week the group has already raised more than 150,000 TakeiCoin from its users. These coins could potentially be worth $1000 all the way up to $150,000, or more, and they're all being donated as well. “This is our proof of concept” said Schneider. “If we can do all of this within a week, there’s no limit as to what we can do moving forward.”

Where is the $10,000 coming from then?
jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 10:26:16 PM

Any list of takecoin pool
TakeiCoin (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 10:28:10 PM

CYA TAKEICOIN. Hello TAKcoin. The TAK project is here and it has a mission.

http://www.reddit.com/r/TAKcoin/
TakeiCoin (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 02:13:55 AM

Website is now up at http://www.projecttak.com/

ANN main post now edited with new information.
Snotty

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 02:31:22 AM

Are you going to keep this logo?
TakeiCoin (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 02:56:10 AM

Are you going to keep this logo?

yes
Trafficlearn

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 03:29:08 AM

Any list of takecoin pool

The BEST one.... http://tak.minebig.com

~TESLACOINS ~      http://www.teslacoins.com  Teslacoins! Renewable energy mining!  COMING SOON!
salstimda

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 10:21:15 AM

[...]
So basically what you're saying is the idea that someone is preparing ahead of time is confusing to you? We were trying to sell it to a forum member as is obvious by his posts. In the meantime I reached out to my contacts who had expressed interest and told them that if it doesn't go through we will continue with the coin.

The purchase didn't go through, therefore we are continuing with the coin as opposed to letting it die.

Again, not confusing.

i never claimed anything is confusing, please work on your reading comprehension. i never claimed preparing ahead of time is confusing (your reading comprehension is really horrible), quite on the contrary - on IRC i personally told you i was not extremely fond of the fact that you hardly prepared before you launched the takeicoin-project.

the rest of your post you basically just repeat what i wrote before: you had 2 things going on at the same time:

A) selling the coin
and
B) rebranding the coin yourself with a bigger team

option A was your preferred choice, since you said yourself you only go through with option B if the buyer isn't following through. so one can only assume there is not much enthusiasm behind option B.

if you are really honest about this rebrand now, try to answer the very simply question i asked (for the third time now): what bigger team? and please try not to deviate again by insinuating anything is confusing to me, i just claimed its a little ridiculous what happened after you officially announced the closure of the takeicoin project a few days ago. ridiculous is not the same as confusing in my dictionary. your deviations are also ridiculous for example.

btw i also predicted that the buyer isn't someone with honest intentions, but someone who tried to pump the value of takeicoin to sell his holdings (it was quite obvious when i saw his post from a week ago "takeicoin? more like take my coin -.-" ). i think its quite naive from you to still think he was honest about it. but that's none of my business.

i don't even suggest you willfully deceit people and scam them or anything, at most i am claiming, that because of your naivety and incompetence people who believed in you have lost money. i am holding no grudge against you. i just want to clear things up, and i am a little sceptical about this rebrand. since me and some others already lost money for supporting this coin, i don't want anyone else to lose anymore money with a "good cause coin"-project. if you cannot deliver any facts but just empty promises, i want to point this out, so other people aren't mislead.

oue.st

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 10:56:56 AM

[...]
So basically what you're saying is the idea that someone is preparing ahead of time is confusing to you? We were trying to sell it to a forum member as is obvious by his posts. In the meantime I reached out to my contacts who had expressed interest and told them that if it doesn't go through we will continue with the coin.

The purchase didn't go through, therefore we are continuing with the coin as opposed to letting it die.

Again, not confusing.

i never claimed anything is confusing, please work on your reading comprehension. i never claimed preparing ahead of time is confusing (your reading comprehension is really horrible), quite on the contrary - on IRC i personally told you i was not extremely fond of the fact that you hardly prepared before you launched the takeicoin-project.

the rest of your post you basically just repeat what i wrote before: you had 2 things going on at the same time:

A) selling the coin
and

option A was your preferred choice, since you said yourself you only go through with option B if the buyer isn't following through. so one can only assume there is not much enthusiasm behind option B.

if you are really honest about this rebrand now, try to answer the very simply question i asked (for the third time now): what bigger team? and please try not to deviate again by insinuating anything is confusing to me, i just claimed its a little ridiculous what happened after you officially announced the closure of the takeicoin project a few days ago. ridiculous is not the same as confusing in my dictionary. your deviations are also ridiculous for example.

btw i also predicted that the buyer isn't someone with honest intentions, but someone who tried to pump the value of takeicoin to sell his holdings (it was quite obvious when i saw his post from a week ago "takeicoin? more like take my coin -.-" ). i think its quite naive from you to still think he was honest about it. but that's none of my business.

i don't even suggest you willfully deceit people and scam them or anything, at most i am claiming, that because of your naivety and incompetence people who believed in you have lost money. i am holding no grudge against you. i just want to clear things up, and i am a little sceptical about this rebrand. since me and some others already lost money for supporting this coin, i don't want anyone else to lose anymore money with a "good cause coin"-project. if you cannot deliver any facts but just empty promises, i want to point this out, so other people aren't mislead.

Who fucking care what you think ? We don't need you to go further.

Crypto-enthousiaste depuis 2011 - Bitcoin, lebitcoin.fr
TakeiCoin (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 02:29:34 PM

[...]

Again, not confusing.

A) selling the coin
and

Speaking to you is a waste of time and effort. It's like speaking to a wall.

The buyer said this "[3/13/2014 8:52:18 PM] Clifford: hey
[3/13/2014 8:53:01 PM] Clifford: its probably going to be best just to move forward
[3/13/2014 8:53:10 PM] Clifford: i apologize but we are moving too slow
[3/13/2014 8:53:49 PM]  Clifford: the hard part of working with 4 people
[3/13/2014 8:53:57 PM] Clifford: well not even that
[3/13/2014 8:54:10 PM] Clifford: its more the people i'm trying to work with are just poor at communicating
[3/13/2014 8:54:20 PM] Clifford: and its been holding us for being able to make any real or good decisions"

At no point in any of his dealings with me would I question his intentions, nor would I care to. I was planning on moving on, though I wouldn't just let the coin die. I told him he had by 3/13 to make a final decision. When I didn't hear from him all day I moved on, and then he finally posted that.

Many of the team members have already been uploaded to the page, if you took your energy to actually look, you would know this. There's 6 of us now with a potential 6-8 more coming on to take care of a secondary TakHub for news and outreach. A center of a human rights information and community.

My recommendation to you is you move on to another coin. None of us saw the Edie situation coming and people lost money, us included. We get it. But obviously you will keep holding on to it so it's probably best you find another and stop wasting everyone's time.

TakeiCoin (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 03:09:53 PM

Awesome beginner's guide added to Project TAK homepage http://www.projecttak.com/beginner/

A really nice guide for first time crypto users.
salstimda

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 03:25:52 PM

i dont hold it dearly that you construe your failure to understand what i wrote correctly into "its like speaking to a wall you", but i don't really care much. i also don't care much for your suggestions what i should or should not do, all your suggestions so far only lead me to lose money. the last thing i know of your homepage is it was taken offline since you abandoned the project when edie jumped off board (while i never heard any official statement of her that she ever was on board), and you can be sure i won't check every few minutes if its online again and if theres new content. i guess its alright, i got everything i needed to know from you now. it wasn't really that hard to answer the question.

to sum up what happened the last days for those who missed it (some asked already):

1) takeicoin project got a message of brad takei asking for not beeing affiliated with it and 5 minutes later of edie windsor lawyers wanting edie removed from the website - takeicoin immediately shuts down takeicoin twitter and the website

2) 4 hours later takeicoin tells people in the forum what happened, after i asked him to do so in IRC. he claims the takeicoin project is over and apologizes for everyone who lost money. he claims he lost money too.

3) a few hours later he claims someone wants to buy the coin and rebrand it, and makes consecutive statements about selling the coin to someone who wants to rebrand it

4) a little later he claims he wants to help the new buyers with the rebranding

5) some days later he claims he will rebrand the coin anyway "if the buyer doesn't follow through", with his own and bigger team

6) a little later after i asked him he claims the buyer didn't buy it and now he rebrands it himself with a great team and everything will be perfect

i can just say good luck with the project, i like the idea behind it, it's just not thought through well, and not prepared at all. takeicoin was launched without any preparation and endorsement of takei, and now there is a rebrand that was just thought of while the owner actually wanted to sell the coin to someone - so just a quick rush without any professional business plan or whatever. i guess the "new team" consists of the few big bagholders of takei who try to promote this coin now so they can dump their holdings sometime in the future at a smaller loss. im not saying this because im angry or anything, im just saying this because it seems very obvious to me, and i don't like to see other people lose money. don't take this personal.

TakeiCoin (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 03:58:27 PM

i dont hold it dearly that you construe your failure to understand what i wrote correctly into "its like speaking to a wall you", but i don't really care much. i also don't care much for your suggestions what i should or should not do, all your suggestions so far only lead me to lose money. the last thing i know of your homepage is it was taken offline since you abandoned the project when edie jumped off board (while i never heard any official statement of her that she ever was on board), and you can be sure i won't check every few minutes if its online again and if theres new content. i guess its alright, i got everything i needed to know from you now. it wasn't really that hard to answer the question.

to sum up what happened the last days for those who missed it (some asked already):

1) takeicoin project got a message of brad takei asking for not beeing affiliated with it and 5 minutes later of edie windsor lawyers wanting edie removed from the website - takeicoin immediately shuts down takeicoin twitter and the website

2) 4 hours later takeicoin tells people in the forum what happened, after i asked him to do so in IRC. he claims the takeicoin project is over and apologizes for everyone who lost money. he claims he lost money too.

3) a few hours later he claims someone wants to buy the coin and rebrand it, and makes consecutive statements about selling the coin to someone who wants to rebrand it

4) a little later he claims he wants to help the new buyers with the rebranding

5) some days later he claims he will rebrand the coin anyway "if the buyer doesn't follow through", with his own and bigger team

6) a little later after i asked him he claims the buyer didn't buy it and now he rebrands it himself with a great team and everything will be perfect

i can just say good luck with the project, i like the idea behind it, it's just not thought through well, and not prepared at all. takeicoin was launched without any preparation and endorsement of takei, and now there is a rebrand that was just thought of while the owner actually wanted to sell the coin to someone - so just a quick rush without any professional business plan or whatever. i guess the "new team" consists of the few big bagholders of takei who try to promote this coin now so they can dump their holdings sometime in the future at a smaller loss. im not saying this because im angry or anything, im just saying this because it seems very obvious to me, and i don't like to see other people lose money. don't take this personal.

Your "obvious" is wrong, as always. The most incorrect part being that the team are bagholders. I'm the only bagholder in the whole team, besides David Mckaskle who started as a regular TAK supporter.

daemonfox

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 04:40:02 PM

im not saying this because im angry or anything, im just saying this because it seems very obvious to me, and i don't like to see other people lose money. don't take this personal.

Time to let it go... if you lost money its on you... you chose to invest... all investments are risk... this one happened to have a big problem to work through and apparently you didn't play it correctly. Take your losses and quit drawing MORE negativity to the rebranded project, You claim you don't want to see others losing money... then stop posting in this thread as your posts aren't doing the coin price any favors.

Suggestion: stop trying to invest in coins... if you lost money here, you weren't paying attention. I know lots of others lost money also but there have been ample opportunities to mitigate that loss and even make positive headway just in TAK alone. Not even including the first batch I sold and made a ton of profit on in the first week... I mined since launch (and have not stopped yet) and have made more than double what I would have on BTC alone, and added even more to that watching what has been happening just the last few days and playing my trades at the right times..

If you cared enough to post here as much as you have, then you would have been able to recoup your losses on the market easily.

H

¦¦¦                 
            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦           ¦           
     ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦                     ¦¦   
    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦        ¦¦¦¦ 
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦  
   ¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦              ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦ 
    ¦¦¦¦¦       ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
     ¦¦                      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
              ¦           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          

R I Z E N
....ZEN Nodes.... ....Horizen Academy.... ....Help Desk    ....Faucet   
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
LucD88

Activity: 525
Merit: 510

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 04:53:35 PM

im not saying this because im angry or anything, im just saying this because it seems very obvious to me, and i don't like to see other people lose money. don't take this personal.

Time to let it go... if you lost money its on you... you chose to invest... all investments are risk... this one happened to have a big problem to work through and apparently you didn't play it correctly. Take your losses and quit drawing MORE negativity to the rebranded project, You claim you don't want to see others losing money... then stop posting in this thread as your posts aren't doing the coin price any favors.

Suggestion: stop trying to invest in coins... if you lost money here, you weren't paying attention. I know lots of others lost money also but there have been ample opportunities to mitigate that loss and even make positive headway just in TAK alone. Not even including the first batch I sold and made a ton of profit on in the first week... I mined since launch (and have not stopped yet) and have made more than double what I would have on BTC alone, and added even more to that watching what has been happening just the last few days and playing my trades at the right times..

If you cared enough to post here as much as you have, then you would have been able to recoup your losses on the market easily.
Big +1, don't have anything else to add.
LucD88

Activity: 525
Merit: 510

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 04:58:33 PM

I just noticed TAK-Qt-v0.9.1.3-Win has been released, yet the -datadir option still doesn't work. Any word on this?
TakeiCoin (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 05:13:50 PM

I just noticed TAK-Qt-v0.9.1.3-Win has been released, yet the -datadir option still doesn't work. Any word on this?

This was the last report we got from the dev

<name> im looking into the -datadir thing here too this weekend

I have a message into him for an update.
salstimda

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 06:34:50 PM

i'm not sure what any of what you said has anything to do with what i was saying, do you care to elaborate or try to explain yourself?
daemonfox

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 06:42:35 PM

i'm not sure what any of what you said has anything to do with what i was saying, do you care to elaborate or try to explain yourself?

Nope... no need, it is all there... if you do not understand then maybe you do have a comprehension problem.

Best of luck to you.

H

¦¦¦                 
            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦           ¦           
     ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦                     ¦¦   
    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦        ¦¦¦¦ 
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦  
   ¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦              ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦ 
    ¦¦¦¦¦       ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
     ¦¦                      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
              ¦           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          

R I Z E N
....ZEN Nodes.... ....Horizen Academy.... ....Help Desk    ....Faucet   
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: