Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:58:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] TAKCoin REBRANDED . TOLERANCE. ACCEPTANCE. KNOWLEDGE [TAK] is Back. SHA256  (Read 148351 times)
TakeiCoin (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 02:21:05 PM

UPDATE -

ETA AND TAK HUB RELEASE = June 2014.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Acejam

Activity: 124
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:01:04 PM

You mean a million at 0.001 or 1 TAK at .001 BTC?

1 TAK = 0.001 BTC

TakeiCoin (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 08:39:06 PM

TAK needs your help on TAK Hub. Head over to http://www.reddit.com/r/TAKcoin/comments/20xnd8/tak_hub_i_need_the_opinion_of_our_supporters/ and voice your opinion.
TakeiCoin (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 05:29:52 PM

Hey guys just an update. As you know our long term plan includes TAK Hub which will be released in June. That said we're going to develop a short term plan to build some momentum over the next week/months.

We will develop a 3 month business plan and release a new one every three months. We want our supporters to see exactly what's going on behind the scenes. Our plans, our goals and reached milestones.
TakeiCoin (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 08:10:07 PM

Hey guys just an update. As you know our long term plan includes TAK Hub which will be released in June. That said we're going to develop a short term plan to build some momentum over the next week/months.

We will develop a 3 month business plan and release a new one every three months. We want our supporters to see exactly what's going on behind the scenes. Our plans, our goals and reached milestones.

3 month plan - http://www.reddit.com/r/TAKcoin/comments/2166k2/takcoin_game_plan_323_630/
WALKEN-COIN

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

Parsec Frontiers Pre-Sale 24.01.2018

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 08:00:08 PM

3 month plan - http://www.reddit.com/r/TAKcoin/comments/2166k2/takcoin_game_plan_323_630/

Hello!

I am an early supporter and holder of this coin. I was sad to see that the negative press pertaining to crypto-currencies in general had a negative impact on relations with the public figureheads we were hoping would support the coin. Obviously, for anyone who invested at higher prices during initial interest, it has been rough watching the price drop dramatically. I was betting on Takei being forward-minded and not being controlled by his public image handler, but I think that I, and many others, were expecting way too much too soon from someone who probably knows very little about the crypto currency phenomenon as a whole to begin with. The coin needed public/viral support BEFORE having his face attached to it. That was the key mistake made, and many others called it out right away, while many others of us hoped it would work out in the end with George endorsing the coin. When it didn't happen, most jumped ship. I have waited and watched with the rest of us.

As an investor, I am used to seeing companies face drawbacks as one relation or another with an important partner or customer falls by the wayside for any number of reasons. The strong companies continue working on their product, knowing that it is easier to bring a product back by re-branding or re-imaging the product, than to start from scratch (though starting from scratch is sometimes necessary if the product has foundational flaws). How the business planners and execs EXECUTE new business models and bring about positive swings in market perspective is key. That being said, I have been happy to see constant updates from this coin's public relations, but somewhat perplexed by the lack of response to posts. I am attributing it to new-investor impatience. I guess I am used to thinking in the "long term", as far as the attention span and profitability expectation thresholds of the alt-currency crowd are concerned. "Long term" here is 6 months from now. That is not a long time for a chance on making large gains on an investment. That is short term in the fiat world.

However, what these companies also realize is that during re-branding, they need to keep consumers/customers up to date on developments. This means marketing and advertising. One negative factor of alt-coins is that many small development teams are completely lacking in the types of marketing strategies used to garner attention from the crypto-crowd's widely diverse range of cultural and generational interests. Everyone wants to make money, but not everyone is willing to buy something without it having a value they can personally connect with. That is where this coin's strengths lay. I hope it can be widely marketed as such. The large follower twitter feeds are a good start, and hopefully will be handled with great care and professionalism. I have not seen anything from the devs that would lead me to believe it will be handled badly. The PR has actually been good with this coin, but the behavior of many of the early adopters has been that of penny stock holders at a Texas BBQ Penny Stock Investors Conference.

What many of these alt-coin investors don't realize, is that this whole business side of alt-coins is backwards from real-world business practices. Currently, the urge is so strong to just "get a coin out there" that it is the norm to start a coin and develop the business plan for it as it goes along, usually by the seat of a few people's pants. They are ill-equipped to handle the expectations of a few thousand investors, and likely get tired very fast of these late-night miners and red-eyed day traders constantly PMing them in the middle of the night. This is a tough business to navigate, non-profit or not. I think the head developers have handled this well in light of the large drawbacks in the beginning of the coins life-cycle.

I am waiting to see the floor. I will buy more of this coin when I see the coin bounce off the floor a time or two, and when I see the first large-scale effort from the dev teams in terms of marketing and the new coding/product enhancements that are forthcoming according to the recent announcements. I hope the Hub has the community support it will need to make things move forward.

Thanks for the string of updates and for not just dropping everything on the holders.

-Chang

███
           ██▀██
          ██   ██
▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██     ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
████████▄   ███    █████████▄   █████████  █████████▀  █████████
███   ▀██  █████   ███   ▀███  ████▀       ███        ███▀   ▀███
███   ▄█▀ ███▀███  ███   ▄███  ████▄▄▄     ███▄▄▄▄▄  ███       ▀
███████▀ ███   ███ ▀████████▀   ▀███████   ████████  ███
███▀▀▀  ███     ███ ▀█▀▀███     ▄   ▀▀███  ███       ███       ▄
███    ███       ███ ▀   ███   ███▄▄▄▄███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███▄   ▄███
███   ███ ▄█████▄ ███     ███  ▀███████▀   ██████████  █████████
                   ███                                   ▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███  ▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████▄ ███ ▀██████    ████    █████████████████  ██████████  █████████▄   █████████
███        ███    ▀█▄ ███    ▀███   █████   ███    ███    ███  ███         ███   ▀███  ████▀
███        ███    ▄██  ███     ███  ██████  ███    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ▄███  ████▄▄▄
████████████████████▀ ▄ ███    ███  ███ ███ ███    ███    ███  ██████████  █████████▀   ▀███████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀███   █▄ ███  ███   ███  ██████    ███    ███  ███         ███▀▀███     ▄   ▀▀███
███        ███   ███   █▄ ███ ▀█    ███   █████    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ███   ███▄▄▄▄███
███        ███    ███   ▀  ▀█▀      ███    ████    ███    ███  ██████████  ███    ███  ▀███████▀

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███
[]
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Discord
Facebook
Twitter
RobRoy

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 08:06:02 PM

p2pool: http://coinminer.net:19994/

please try!
TakeiCoin (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 08:41:09 PM

Hello!

I am an early supporter and holder of this coin. I was sad to see that the negative press pertaining to crypto-currencies in general had a negative impact on relations with the public figureheads we were hoping would support the coin. Obviously, for anyone who invested at higher prices during initial interest, it has been rough watching the price drop dramatically. I was betting on Takei being forward-minded and not being controlled by his public image handler, but I think that I, and many others, were expecting way too much too soon from someone who probably knows very little about the crypto currency phenomenon as a whole to begin with. The coin needed public/viral support BEFORE having his face attached to it. That was the key mistake made, and many others called it out right away, while many others of us hoped it would work out in the end with George endorsing the coin. When it didn't happen, most jumped ship. I have waited and watched with the rest of us.

As an investor, I am used to seeing companies face drawbacks as one relation or another with an important partner or customer falls by the wayside for any number of reasons. The strong companies continue working on their product, knowing that it is easier to bring a product back by re-branding or re-imaging the product, than to start from scratch (though starting from scratch is sometimes necessary if the product has foundational flaws). How the business planners and execs EXECUTE new business models and bring about positive swings in market perspective is key. That being said, I have been happy to see constant updates from this coin's public relations, but somewhat perplexed by the lack of response to posts. I am attributing it to new-investor impatience. I guess I am used to thinking in the "long term", as far as the attention span and profitability expectation thresholds of the alt-currency crowd are concerned. "Long term" here is 6 months from now. That is not a long time for a chance on making large gains on an investment. That is short term in the fiat world.

However, what these companies also realize is that during re-branding, they need to keep consumers/customers up to date on developments. This means marketing and advertising. One negative factor of alt-coins is that many small development teams are completely lacking in the types of marketing strategies used to garner attention from the crypto-crowd's widely diverse range of cultural and generational interests. Everyone wants to make money, but not everyone is willing to buy something without it having a value they can personally connect with. That is where this coin's strengths lay. I hope it can be widely marketed as such. The large follower twitter feeds are a good start, and hopefully will be handled with great care and professionalism. I have not seen anything from the devs that would lead me to believe it will be handled badly. The PR has actually been good with this coin, but the behavior of many of the early adopters has been that of penny stock holders at a Texas BBQ Penny Stock Investors Conference.

What many of these alt-coin investors don't realize, is that this whole business side of alt-coins is backwards from real-world business practices. Currently, the urge is so strong to just "get a coin out there" that it is the norm to start a coin and develop the business plan for it as it goes along, usually by the seat of a few people's pants. They are ill-equipped to handle the expectations of a few thousand investors, and likely get tired very fast of these late-night miners and red-eyed day traders constantly PMing them in the middle of the night. This is a tough business to navigate, non-profit or not. I think the head developers have handled this well in light of the large drawbacks in the beginning of the coins life-cycle.

I am waiting to see the floor. I will buy more of this coin when I see the coin bounce off the floor a time or two, and when I see the first large-scale effort from the dev teams in terms of marketing and the new coding/product enhancements that are forthcoming according to the recent announcements. I hope the Hub has the community support it will need to make things move forward.

Thanks for the string of updates and for not just dropping everything on the holders.

-Chang

Great and well thought out post. Thank you.
portice
Legendary

Activity: 999
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 09:21:43 PM

Glad you registered today to write that one out.  A bit shillesh imo, but I will bump your thread and wish you guys the best.
WALKEN-COIN

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

Parsec Frontiers Pre-Sale 24.01.2018

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 10:06:35 PM
Last edit: March 25, 2014, 02:40:01 AM by WALKEN-COIN

I have been silently following a few coins since I spread my portfolio out from BTC in February. It has been difficult to keep my opinions to myself, but I like to watch and learn the ropes of any market for awhile before opening my big mouth.

I can say that the alt-coin world is very, very exciting, but like TAK coin and many others, is currently suffering under blatant organized price manipulation for short term gains. The only way to combat this is to gain massive buy support and hold it. That is difficult to do without almost constant market exposure and positive feedback, especially now as the market gets flooded with new coins put out there by people who are getting more and more savvy at marketing and finding openings in to ad demographics that may be difficult for non-established marketing partnerships to enter. I applaud your willingness to try.

I am taking the time to post to TAK coin as opposed to other coins due to the human rights themed mission. It seems to me that the LGTB rights community is growing larger and gaining more mainstream acceptance and momentum year by year. They are at the forefront of the human rights movement in developed countries, and that influence is spreading to non-developed countries more and more. Human rights are very much entwined with financial equality, and since the fiat world has been controlled by the central banking cartels since at least 1913, so have human rights been kept in check by the owners of our resources. With those two issues in mind, the marriage of alternative currencies and human rights movements is a no-brainer. THAT is one fundamental reason this coin could end up being a worthwhile investment. Sure, you may make some money off it in the long run, but how often can you make money off ANYTHING and feel good about it? Buying low and holding coins such as these are feel-good purchases that bolster and support a burgeoning alt-economy market.

I wish I had marketing ties that would help this coin get the audience it needs. Until then, I will simply lurk and support the mission as long as there are people working to bring it to fruition.

Since I live in a University town with vocal LGTB rights groups active in the area, I can put out some feelers to see if there is any interest in the use or adoption of an alt-currency. Who knows, maybe a grass-roots approach could see positive long-term effects!

-Chang

{edit} I emailed a friend who is very very active in the LGTB and Stonewall community around here (Northern California). Hopefully she will be able to point me toward people who want to adopt TAK. If so, I will point them directly towards the website. I already sent my friend the links and explained what the project is all about.

{edit} She is going to "put it out there". Little ripples....

███
           ██▀██
          ██   ██
▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██     ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
████████▄   ███    █████████▄   █████████  █████████▀  █████████
███   ▀██  █████   ███   ▀███  ████▀       ███        ███▀   ▀███
███   ▄█▀ ███▀███  ███   ▄███  ████▄▄▄     ███▄▄▄▄▄  ███       ▀
███████▀ ███   ███ ▀████████▀   ▀███████   ████████  ███
███▀▀▀  ███     ███ ▀█▀▀███     ▄   ▀▀███  ███       ███       ▄
███    ███       ███ ▀   ███   ███▄▄▄▄███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███▄   ▄███
███   ███ ▄█████▄ ███     ███  ▀███████▀   ██████████  █████████
                   ███                                   ▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███  ▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████▄ ███ ▀██████    ████    █████████████████  ██████████  █████████▄   █████████
███        ███    ▀█▄ ███    ▀███   █████   ███    ███    ███  ███         ███   ▀███  ████▀
███        ███    ▄██  ███     ███  ██████  ███    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ▄███  ████▄▄▄
████████████████████▀ ▄ ███    ███  ███ ███ ███    ███    ███  ██████████  █████████▀   ▀███████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀███   █▄ ███  ███   ███  ██████    ███    ███  ███         ███▀▀███     ▄   ▀▀███
███        ███   ███   █▄ ███ ▀█    ███   █████    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ███   ███▄▄▄▄███
███        ███    ███   ▀  ▀█▀      ███    ████    ███    ███  ██████████  ███    ███  ▀███████▀

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███
[]
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Discord
Facebook
Twitter
LucD88

Activity: 525
Merit: 510

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 05:14:23 PM

I'm still waiting for a wallet with a working -datadir functionality. Any news on this??
Artlover

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 05:51:30 PM

Why does solo mining not give me anything when I find a block and it's accepted? I know it can happen if someone else found a block at almost exactly the same time as me, but 3 times in a row I find a block and no credit given?

Something is seriously wrong here.
LucD88

Activity: 525
Merit: 510

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 07:24:09 PM

Why does solo mining not give me anything when I find a block and it's accepted? I know it can happen if someone else found a block at almost exactly the same time as me, but 3 times in a row I find a block and no credit given?

Something is seriously wrong here.
Are you using the very latest wallet? If not, download it from here: http://projecttak.com/ (At the bottom of the page)
AcidSplash

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 06:38:34 AM

What's that dead rotten smell? It's TAKCoin. First off your team seems like it is supposed to have a lot of experience. What I don't understand is why you decided on using an acronym for your coins name. It shows no creativity whatsoever.

You name the coin after a person but you don't know before hand if he wants to be a part of it...That's great!

An investor only cares about making money. He doesn't care about supporting your cause especially if he's not too fond of LGTB. You can't just say the coin was created to support this cause blah blah blah and not care about the price of TAKcoin. You have to be concerned about the support of the coin as well as it's price. They go hand in hand.

There is already too many rookie mistakes for this coin to go anywhere. This coin was already pumped and dumped. I doubt it will see 100 Satashi again as there is no demand for it.

There are 100 other coins (hell even new coins) that actually have a good chance of making you a return unlike this one.
RobRoy

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 06:44:45 AM

TAK P2Pool:
http://coinminer.net:19994/

Happy mining!
coin-table

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 11:22:29 AM

Hi,

I'm running the site http://www.crypto-coins-table.com.

I have listed your coin already. To provide the full information
for all users you can update the information here:

http://www.crypto-coins-table.com/index.php?var_action=update_coin&coin_id=TAK

regards

Stellar Lumens an easy introduction - https://stellarkitty.com
Goattrading

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 06:04:35 PM

Hi,

I'm running the site http://www.crypto-coins-table.com.

I have listed your coin already. To provide the full information
for all users you can update the information here:

http://www.crypto-coins-table.com/index.php?var_action=update_coin&coin_id=TAK

regards

I like it!
Looks like it is set up with room to grow features..... nice

“I never ask a man what his business is, for it never interests me. What I ask him about are his thoughts and dreams.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
DBomb

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 07:14:39 PM

What's that dead rotten smell? It's TAKCoin. First off your team seems like it is supposed to have a lot of experience. What I don't understand is why you decided on using an acronym for your coins name. It shows no creativity whatsoever.

You name the coin after a person but you don't know before hand if he wants to be a part of it...That's great!

An investor only cares about making money. He doesn't care about supporting your cause especially if he's not too fond of LGTB. You can't just say the coin was created to support this cause blah blah blah and not care about the price of TAKcoin. You have to be concerned about the support of the coin as well as it's price. They go hand in hand.

There is already too many rookie mistakes for this coin to go anywhere. This coin was already pumped and dumped. I doubt it will see 100 Satashi again as there is no demand for it.

There are 100 other coins (hell even new coins) that actually have a good chance of making you a return unlike this one.
I just don't understand why of all things a social networking site and how on earth the coin is going to be relevant on it at all

As someone who was mining on day one this is a question I would love an answer to as well.  What will the role of the coin be and why will it have value on the site?
Marty19

Activity: 725

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 05:34:05 PM

TAKCoin mining is still available at the iSpace Mining Pools

http://ispace.co.uk

Grin

COMKORT

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 08:47:56 PM

Hello! We are happy to announce TAKCoin to be added to Comkort

LTC https://comkort.com/market/trade/tak_ltc
DOGE https://comkort.com/market/trade/tak_doge

The markets are now live, enjoy trading!

Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: