Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:58:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] TAKCoin REBRANDED . TOLERANCE. ACCEPTANCE. KNOWLEDGE [TAK] is Back. SHA256  (Read 148351 times)
oue.st

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 01:10:13 AM

"It astounds me that someone with 4 posts and 2 activity even has room to speak here... if you have a REAL account... don't be such a wimp using a shill account..."

LOL...it's the only account I have...I just usually read these forums and don't post...look at when the account was created...2 months ago.

I'm just shocked at how blatant this scam was...I didn't see it coming either, so I"m in the same boat as the rest of you.

And you are telling all the people on board that they are going to die instead of trying to repare the boat.

Crypto-enthousiaste depuis 2011 - Bitcoin, lebitcoin.fr

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xosihc

Activity: 538
Merit: 500

Hello

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 01:12:32 AM

For anyone who cares...

I am very serious about taking on this project. Because we are serious about this, we are not moving quickly on any decisions. We are however going to explore the idea of buying this coin's "rights" if you will (website, social accounts, hire dev team). If we do take over this coin - its going to be a full fledged project.

We are not just going to take over this coin to pump the price back up to a certain amount. Truth be told, I don't even hold 1 btc worth of the coin (at the moment).

Also, being that is Friday - not much will probably happen over the weekend. I have 1 contact I'm going to talk to tomorrow about this, I have 1 contact in China I need to get in touch with and we have investor's money we need to get approval to move forward with.

But as I've said a few times now, we are serious about taking this coin forward.
YoyodyneSystems
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1023

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 01:14:32 AM

you could roll with his humor somehow incorporated into the coin :

"Takei has also gained popularity for his Facebook page where his daily posts of humorous pictures (many of which are related to science fiction, gay culture and political satire) have attracted over 5 million followers, some of whom are unfamiliar with Takei or Star Trek. He has been lauded as "the funniest guy on Facebook"

Find a way to keep the original idea but just change the name of the coin - the face on it.

Keep the charities he supports and someone incorporate his jokes. His jokes are public domain.

Aren't his jokes that he posts public domain? And his charities cannot stop us from giving them coins either. Or just giving them money from coins.
daemonfox

Activity: 630

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 01:14:59 AM

"It astounds me that someone with 4 posts and 2 activity even has room to speak here... if you have a REAL account... don't be such a wimp using a shill account..."

LOL...it's the only account I have...I just usually read these forums and don't post...look at when the account was created...2 months ago.

I'm just shocked at how blatant this scam was...I didn't see it coming either, so I"m in the same boat as the rest of you.

Your 60 days of experience is showing... even with the price right now of around 100 satoshis... the amount I mined since launch (in BTC value) is still greater than the amount of BTC I would have earned in the equivalent time mining it directly. No one paid the dev, no funds were solicited, and nobody was asked to come out of pocket for such and such thing... so where is the scam? You can try to call the branding itself a scam if you please... but it is more apparent that the current situation is plain bad timing of moving forward with a name without permission to use it.

Given I personally sold TAK to Sage @ 1 BTC for 40K and witnessed so many other do the same, tells me he is not scamming anyone on his claim of losses... no one was asked to participate financially... everyone involved did so on their own.

H

¦¦¦                 
            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦           ¦           
     ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦                     ¦¦   
    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦        ¦¦¦¦ 
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦  
   ¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦              ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦ 
    ¦¦¦¦¦       ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
     ¦¦                      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
              ¦           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          

R I Z E N
....ZEN Nodes.... ....Horizen Academy.... ....Help Desk    ....Faucet   
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
YoyodyneSystems
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1023

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 01:16:47 AM

Forget price - forget "scam" callers -and ignore trolls.

Otherwise take this into a PRIVATE IRC chat room and give the password to serious people.

Look at my ideas above in other post ^^^

You could get this coin back and running in 24-48 hours.
jdh015232

Activity: 756

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 01:18:45 AM

If this was a pump and dump it surely was the worst one in history because I lost about $40,000
can You explained how You lost when You are the first know about this news come man better then that

I bought in a lot at the highs as well, also keep in mind im NOT a miner and there was no premine. Plus do you guys think it's free to develop coins, do branding, make sites, pay for press releases. etc.

I'm probably the biggest $$$ loser in all of this.
if you lost 40grand, it was in potential profits, you didnt put 40grand into this.
its not the same as all the trader who put hard earned money into it to get shit on
if you put 40grand cash into this, theirs no way you didnt sell when you got the news from them. what you think we think your the greatest samaritan ever??
and if you did, i feel for you. you are better than most in this industry. but i doubt it
mctaino

Activity: 686
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 01:24:55 AM

Yet another scam to take peoples bitcoins.

Let me explain how it all goes down.

1. You don't launch a product, venture with someone's image without prior permission.

Dev, you are either big IDIOTS or big SCAMMERS.  Im going to go with Scammers and I will tell you why.
This is the same story all over again at the end the newbies get crushed by this people.  They basically use their talents to cheat and move on to another coin.  They slap anyone's image or new scam story to get people behind it for the quick money.

The coin is Dead Folks it was a Scam

As of today Im going to open a tread and we are going to post All the names of developers that are doing this shit to people.  I know after my post we will here the crying and the bullshit. Remember folks they got your Bitcoins because they know exactly when the crap is going to tank.

Sorry to the ones who lost out
sonex

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 01:25:44 AM

" You can try to call the branding itself a scam if you please..."

It's the branding I'm upset with...I love the idea behind the coin.  We were continuously promised that George would be behind this coin...that is the issue I have with it.

The cause is great...I hope it moves forward...but I suggest you do it with a new coin.
mctaino

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 01:28:29 AM

" You can try to call the branding itself a scam if you please..."

It's the branding I'm upset with...I love the idea behind the coin.  We were continuously promised that George would be behind this coin...that is the issue I have with it.

The cause is great...I hope it moves forward...but I suggest you do it with a new coin.

Guys that's like releasing a Donald trump coin without his approval, are you all INSANE.  This was a scam from the beginning they know and everyone knows they can get sued.  Allot of people fell for this scam.. This is just bad bad bad
TakeiCoin (OP)

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 01:30:47 AM

If this was a pump and dump it surely was the worst one in history because I lost about $40,000
can You explained how You lost when You are the first know about this news come man better then that

I bought in a lot at the highs as well, also keep in mind im NOT a miner and there was no premine. Plus do you guys think it's free to develop coins, do branding, make sites, pay for press releases. etc.

I'm probably the biggest $$$ loser in all of this.
if you lost 40grand, it was in potential profits, you didnt put 40grand into this.
its not the same as all the trader who put hard earned money into it to get shit on
if you put 40grand cash into this, theirs no way you didnt sell when you got the news from them. what you think we think your the greatest samaritan ever??
and if you did, i feel for you. you are better than most in this industry. but i doubt it

I can only give you my word and my basic rundown but here it is....

about 20,000-25,000 worth of mining contracts
1000 to make website
1000+ on giveaways
2500 on coin development
500 for QT updates
2500 for online wallet which never even saw the light of day.

I am sure im missing some stuff but it's about 35,000-40,000 and I sold at the absolute lows.
And lastly for the record when it hit cryptsy this morning I had about $160,000 worth at the high end and was working my real job, missing any chance to sell.

Again I can only give you my word and you can take it as is. I will not be moving onto to a new coin because I know how crypto demonizes people. If someone continues with this coin I will help get it off the ground but after that I'll take my leave of absence with whatever pride I have left in this.

and lastly regarding George. We took all the proper steps since the beginning. His agency seemed to have no problem and a month went by without him saying otherwise. We were under the assumption we were in the clear. Also, when our contact from followthecoin contacted Brad Takei it turned out that the agency was not forwarding our material as they said they were, though again, at no point did we hear any form of negativity from the Takei camp. This was honestly out of left field for us. We were told the recent BTC news made them very weary of attaching themselves to something similar and I completely understand that. Nothing like giving your name to bankruptcy and suicides (everyone thinks that girl was related to BTC for some reason)
Xosihc

Hello

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 01:33:51 AM

For anyone who cares...

I am very serious about taking on this project. Because we are serious about this, we are not moving quickly on any decisions. We are however going to explore the idea of buying this coin's "rights" if you will (website, social accounts, hire dev team). If we do take over this coin - its going to be a full fledged project.

We are not just going to take over this coin to pump the price back up to a certain amount. Truth be told, I don't even hold 1 btc worth of the coin (at the moment).

Also, being that is Friday - not much will probably happen over the weekend. I have 1 contact I'm going to talk to tomorrow about this, I have 1 contact in China I need to get in touch with and we have investor's money we need to get approval to move forward with.

But as I've said a few times now, we are serious about taking this coin forward.

To follow-up once again with our idea. We have been looking to create a coin for sometime now that would be used mainly for the purpose of donating money. We have been collecting some private funding to afford developing a coin, getting a website up and running, getting the project some PR & advertising - and from there the whole propose of the project is to raise awareness of a variety of charities around the globe as well as the awareness and use of crypto currencies.

The idea would be, once we have a website in place - non-profit organizations and e-mail in, tell us their story and what $5k would do for them. We will then donated $5k every month to one of the charities in the name of the coin and promote this on our website. We will keep an on-going tally of how much the coin has raised/donated. From that point on - we can also use the coin for future fundraising purposes. We have talked about doing a program too where say a small group wants to privately raise money for an awareness - we can set up a matching program as well.

The name of the coin is actually great for our propose because it doesn't really mean anything. Takeicoin can really mean whatever we want it to. Which is why we are interested in moving forward with this project.
frostgrave

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 01:35:51 AM

So people never learn even after Coinye?
One does not simply make a coin with a celeb's name without their consent.

Plus most people in the world are still very misinformed about Bitcoin because of the media and will not want to be associated with it.

“This is not just money for the Internet. This is a new Internet of money.”
– Andreas Antonopoulos
Tuition fee  BTC: 1CWhWv84fMXfRreP3GQFLhEVn5jASwWcQD    LTC: LTRpVmG21jeXURwugG4TpnHKV9hreYV8t1
daemonfox

Activity: 630

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 01:36:49 AM

For anyone who cares...

To follow-up once again with our idea. We have been looking to create a coin for sometime now that would be used mainly for the purpose of donating money. We have been collecting some private funding to afford developing a coin, getting a website up and running, getting the project some PR & advertising - and from there the whole propose of the project is to raise awareness of a variety of charities around the globe as well as the awareness and use of crypto currencies.

The idea would be, once we have a website in place - non-profit organizations and e-mail in, tell us their story and what $5k would do for them. We will then donated $5k every month to one of the charities in the name of the coin and promote this on our website. We will keep an on-going tally of how much the coin has raised/donated. From that point on - we can also use the coin for future fundraising purposes. We have talked about doing a program too where say a small group wants to privately raise money for an awareness - we can set up a matching program as well.

The name of the coin is actually great for our propose because it doesn't really mean anything. Takeicoin can really mean whatever we want it to. Which is why we are interested in moving forward with this project.

Project: Take Initiative - TakeIcoin

H

¦¦¦                 
            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦           ¦           
     ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦                     ¦¦   
    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦        ¦¦¦¦ 
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦  
   ¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦              ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦ 
    ¦¦¦¦¦       ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
     ¦¦                      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
              ¦           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          

R I Z E N
....ZEN Nodes.... ....Horizen Academy.... ....Help Desk    ....Faucet   
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
bholzer

Activity: 490

The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 01:37:04 AM

This is an unfortunate turn of events. I was behind these guys until the article they had been hyping for days finally hit a couple weeks ago revealing that they had been lying about their communications with George Takei (also, if that article was their idea of "big news," I was certainly no longer buying into any of their hype.)

As soon as I saw the aggressive paid voting on Cryptsy and the vague, "TAK will have an extremely important update on Sunday - To Be Continued..." to go along with it, I had a feeling a dump was imminent and this thing was dead. I mentioned it in the Xnigma chat last night so hopefully a few of those guys were prepared.

This is particularly frustrating for us as the Murraycoin developers because as more fraud and deceit gets linked to celebrity coins, there is a growing negativity beginning to encase the genre within the crypto community. While the Mt.Gox issues certainly came at a bad time for Takeicoin (it also popped up as an issue for us and it certainly set back our progress a couple days) there is simply no excuse for lying to the community that is dedicating time and money to a coin under false pretenses. We have been entirely transparent about Murraycoin from the start and, while being honest may have put us in the backseat for a while, without honesty in this industry we will have chaos. Our conversations with the Murray Bros. Foundation have been positive, but we still have no guarantee to offer - it's a frustrating position to be in for everybody involved.

I hope nobody lost too much money on this thing and I hope this incident doesn't result in another uphill battle for us in our discussions with the Murray Bros. Foundation now that we had finally reached the top of the hill. I will say that despite us being supporters of this project early on, the Takeicoin group always seemed to view Murraycoin as a threat and approach the topic with hostility and false information. Perhaps this was the only possible ending for a cryptocurrency spawned from deceit, hype, misinformation, and hostility. The most unfortunate aspect of it is that when their backs were up against the wall, their first instinct was to use their insider information to orchestrate a dump instead of informing the community that stood by them throughout the entire process.

It is far too easy to become cynical in this community - especially after being burned by something like this. At the end of the day, you have to brush yourself off and keep pushing forward. Learn from it...but don't let it change who you are - this wasn't the first scam and it certainly wasn't the last. Above that, it is nowhere near the worst...and the developers didn't come out of this thing smelling like a rose either. I always say it's smart to hedge your bets - I even say this to the Murraycoin community - no matter how positive things are looking, nothing is official until it is official and people need to be making informed decisions. I love profit as much as the next guy...but I've never understood the desire to profit from the misfortune of others. There is so much money to be made legitimately in this market and the market remains virtually untapped because so many bright minds are laying awake at night trying to orchestrate their next scam.

I think the Takeicoin concept itself was awesome and I guarantee that in the near future, projects like this will go mainstream. Our goal is to get Murraycoin where it needs to be and lead the pack to start bringing some positive energy back into the crypto world - we are all a part of history here and nobody said creating a better world was easy. Keep an open mind but approach everything with caution and make sure you are making investments for the right reasons.

Onward and upward.

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
mctaino

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 01:37:34 AM

For anyone who cares...

Ok so if you guys are serious Rebrand the coin around your initial Idea, keep moving then and don't wait until you loose your community
noisome

Activity: 13

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 01:40:11 AM

Takeicoin,

Thank you for your efforts and I hope the future brings more luck to you and everyone.  We all put ourselves into it and it was a grand and fun time and brought hope to the many individuals the donations would be beneficial for.  Despite what others may think, I believe you had good intentions.  We all lost something and of course it was a gamble like a crap shoot, riding on that lucky seven.  I was gambling on the ability to fund a surrogate so I can become a father.  Others were hoping to get rich quick.  We all win sometimes and we all lose sometimes.

Do not give up hope and do not give up what you believe in.

Peace all.

Noisome
Zackgeno96

Activity: 1778
Merit: 520

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 01:40:51 AM

rebrand change the name and logo quick fix sall good

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
TakeiCoin (OP)

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 01:40:59 AM

This is an unfortunate turn of events. I was behind these guys until the article they had been hyping for days finally hit a couple weeks ago revealing that they had been lying about their communications with George Takei (also, if that article was their idea of "big news," I was certainly no longer buying into any of their hype.)

I understand your sentiments but you did not read that thoroughly. That interview explains exactly what I mentioned in my last post. We were dealing with their agency that said they were forwarding all materials to Takei, as it turned out The Takei's never got that information and we ended up making announcements that were untrue.
Xosihc

Hello

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 01:41:10 AM

Ok so if you guys are serious Rebrand the coin around your initial Idea, keep moving then and don't wait until you loose your community

Well nothing is happening this weekend, I can tell you that much. We will try to move as quickly as we can - but we have been planning this for sometime and need to make sure we're taking the right steps.

We also need to talk to the current team about buying the project and if we agree on a price - get all the materials.

From that point too - we will need to develop a new website and all the marketing materials.

I will keep updating - as we make decisions.
jdh015232

Activity: 756

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 01:44:05 AM

nows about the time where dev says he was j/k and price goes back to where it was. lawl
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: