Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 03:07:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] TAKCoin REBRANDED . TOLERANCE. ACCEPTANCE. KNOWLEDGE [TAK] is Back. SHA256  (Read 148351 times)
mee.goo

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 07:38:26 PM

Well we're going to stick with this coin/project. The coin wasn't premined or anything and is up on exchanges - its got a small enough marketcap we can move in comfortably.

We're going to go forward with this project - its just a matter of working out some of the small details =)

The damage to the coin's reputation is so severe, it won't survive after rebranding. Almost 100 million coins out there, asic raped and has a failed history.

Build fresh, there are several algo there to use. Save your time, effort, and spirit. Smiley

I myself lost 6 btc, but it's okay to me. I didn't expect George will not back this coin up, i have high hopes but that's life.

New coin, new algo, new brand, new name, and all we be great again Smiley

Wish you all good luck.

Namaste ~
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xosihc

Activity: 538
Merit: 500

Hello

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 07:48:54 PM

Well we're going to stick with this coin/project. The coin wasn't premined or anything and is up on exchanges - its got a small enough marketcap we can move in comfortably.

We're going to go forward with this project - its just a matter of working out some of the small details =)

The damage to the coin's reputation is so severe, it won't survive after rebranding. Almost 100 million coins out there, asic raped and has a failed history.

Build fresh, there are several algo there to use. Save your time, effort, and spirit. Smiley

I myself lost 6 btc, but it's okay to me. I didn't expect George will not back this coin up, i have high hopes but that's life.

Wish you all good luck.

Namaste ~

You can definitely look at it that way, I can see your point of view. We really didn't have a position in Takeicoin up until now, really we're looking at it from a new perspective. To say the coin's reputation is too severe you are missing our point. First of all, most the people we will be reaching out to to join our project hasn't even heard of bitcoin yet or if they have, they still have almost no idea what it is or how it works... so to think takeAcoin's history of once being labeled Takeicoin will be too much of a challenge to overcome, we disagree.

It doesn't matter how many coins there are out there, its about % of ownership. Sure there are 100,000,000 coins on the market but even as recent as yesterday you could have bought 1,000,000 for 1 BTC. So for 5 BTC you could be 5% ownership of the concept.
mctaino

Activity: 686
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 07:58:40 PM

Wish you all good luck.

Namaste ~

See right here, this is a real bad attitude and short minded. The value of the coin is yet to be determined. Do you think everyone has mining equipment or a machines to make USD. People will buy the coin from the miners and holders. Whats the point, that because it has been mined heavily and coins are on circulation is the end.. From all the sad stories Ive read this is the fastest a team has acted to correct a catastrophe. Nothing but the sky from here and they have all good intentions and a strong plan ahead.
Paper wallets will come in the near future hopefully and that will be another source of distribution
TakeiCoin (OP)

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:13:32 PM

Hey guys. I want to take this time now that things have calmed down to explain what occurred and why I made the decision to pull the metaphorical plug on TakeiCoin.

Originally, the hopes we had were to get Mr. Takei on. By solidifying a relationship with Edie Windsor we were hoping, in the very least, to have the Takei camp ok with what we were doing, after all we really were setting out to create something helpful and world changing.

Our first donation was meant to go to LI LGBT network. The CEO of that company is a friend with one of our founders and we were initially working with him to get Edie Windsor on board as he works closely with her. The two of them had a sit down and we later got a message from this CEO that it was ok to move forward. However, at some point in this conversation there must of been a lapse in communication. I DO NOT blame the CEO for this happening as he was nice enough to try and help us in the first place. It was 100% our fault in not investigating further and ensuring that all relationships were in fact in place, as we assumed.

We moved forward with the press release and all seemed to be going great.

On Friday I received a call from Edie Windsor's people stating that they never approved such an endorsement and that Mrs. Windsor was very upset it was presented as such.

I never intended to scam nor have I ever done anything malicious, I was just as shocked as everyone else, potentially moreso. You must always keep in mind that a lot of money went into this: Creating the coin, the websites, the wallets, the online wallets. This was all outsourced, we are not developers. The last thing I wanted to see was this coin fail...

I was in full panic mode as the thought of getting sued by someone we look to as a hero was certainly not on my list of things to do. I immediately took down everything, to ensure no picture, mention or ANYTHING remained up.

Again, I have to take full responsibility. I did indeed think that Mrs. Windsor was on board as that is what I was told. However, I stupidly went along without doing due diligence and for that I am extremely and sincerely apologetic. With that said I must now confirm that Mrs. Edie Windsor has never endorsed TakeiCoin and any statement otherwise was wrong and misinformed.

Now, the nail in the coffin. I also received, ON THE SAME DAY, an email from Brad Takei stating that George would not be interested in backing the coin but would be interested in speaking with Mrs. Windsor about it and maybe changing his mind based on his respect for her....Yah, that wasn't happening.

Well that pretty much covers everything. We have an incredible community, some great services and media accounts, and a working coin on multiple exchanges. The coin is not dead, as we can see from the rising prices. I am going to be passing the torch to a new development team but I will stay on to help the transition and potentially further to ensure it's success.

My heart sinks for anyone who lost money (myself included.....a LOT) and I will work my ass off in hopes that we can recover as many losses as possible.

TL:DR - Not a scam. Stupid misunderstanding on my part. I take full responsibility. I deeply apologize to anyone who lost money. We will move forward with a new development team and amazing community.

Please everyone feel free to ask questions. I only ask you keep it civil, please.
mee.goo

Activity: 7

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:20:19 PM

Like Xosihc said, the body is dead but is still warm.

Why inhabit a dead body, when you can create your own?

Remember, history repeats itself.

Anyways, good luck with this. There are tons of great coins out there to invest in, but don't worry. I'll pump this shit out so i can get my investments back Smiley
TakeiCoin (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:24:27 PM

Anyways, good luck with this. There are tons of great coins out there to invest in, but don't worry. I'll pump this shit out so i can get my investments back Smiley

Mainly because of what I said. Remember that making the coin, the wallet, the services, it all costs money and sometimes a lot. It's already all there and on exchanges, it's probably a good idea to see what can come of it. I think it's early enough to do something great in TAK
majsta

Activity: 561

kittehcoin.info

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:25:06 PM

I trust you because lot of ppl will just log out from this forum and stop writing or trying to explain what happened. I know that you lost lot of money because I noticed your rental rigs on the same pool I was from the first minute when everything started, few minutes later you have changed your nicks on the pool to anonymous Smiley

Snotty

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:35:17 PM

What the hell are you talking about... How is this coin dead? I don't get it. The idea never died, assuming new owners will do their job right. Celebrity endorsement is good for publicity, but not a requirement for a project to live on. The actions are most important. Coins haven't gone anywhere, just changed owners, maybe to the less dump-happy ones.

The only thing that I really don't like - overreaction of TakeiCoin devs, since the dump could've been less dramatic with quick updates and better damage control (Takei is out, we're changing name, everything is fine). I know I would've bought in much more if I'd knew SOMETHING and wouldn't have to watch twitter and website going offline. Anyway, haven't sold anything. We'll see how it goes.
DigitalHobo

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:35:42 PM

http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab131/IRParanormal/TAK_coin_800px.png
TakeiCoin (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:36:36 PM

What the hell are you talking about... How is this coin dead? I don't get it. The idea never died, assuming new owners will do their job right. Celebrity endorsement is good for publicity, but not a requirement for a project to live on. The actions are most important. Coins haven't gone anywhere, just changed owners, maybe to the less dump-happy ones.

The only thing that I really don't like - overreaction of TakeiCoin devs, since the dump could've been less dramatic with quick updates and better damage control (Takei is out, we're changing name, everything is fine). I know I would've bought in much more if I'd knew SOMETHING and wouldn't have to watch twitter and website going offline. Anyway, haven't sold anything. We'll see how it goes.

The reason for the pull wasn't Takei, it was Edie. We wanted to make sure we were compliant 100% with their requests at the time. We were scared out of our minds and we hope you can understand why. Did NOT see this coming at all.
Xosihc

Hello

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:42:21 PM

I think that might be a little loud - again we were going for a very simple look. Almost a single color or easy to understand shapes
Snotty

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:42:55 PM

The reason for the pull wasn't Takei, it was Edie. We wanted to make sure we were compliant 100% with their requests at the time. We were scared out of our minds and we hope you can understand why. Did NOT see this coming at all.

Well, I get the panic mode, I would probably shit my pants if I feel a legal team of huge proportions going after me. Still, I don't think that they did not give any time to prepare and inform community at all. It all happened so fast.

Also html page with a single sentence update informing to wait for updates would've been better than a blank page too. I bet some people really panicked after Twitter/Website went down (I know I did, but it was too late to sell and I was like "oh well, dump virginity taken"). For a otherwise well communicating team, that was hell of a miscommunication. I'm not assuming that anything was intentional, just pointing out the mistakes.
TakeiCoin (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:44:56 PM

Well, I get the panic mode, I would probably shit my pants if I feel a legal team of huge proportions going after me. Still, I don't think that they did not give any time to prepare and inform community at all. It all happened so fast.

Also html page with a single sentence update informing to wait for updates would've been better than a blank page too. I bet some people really panicked after Twitter/Website went down (I know I did, but it was too late to sell and I was like "oh well, dump virginity taken"). For a otherwise well communicating team, that was hell of a miscommunication. I'm not assuming that anything was intentional, just pointing out the mistakes.

I agree, looking back I'm sure there were better choices but at the time when I was shitting my pants all I could think was ABORT ABORT! I wasn't going to wait for our web guy to get on top of it so I just took it all down (I have access to a control panel for the site but I do not know SSH, thus could not change the front page).
matrixdog

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:47:23 PM

if you lost money with one coin now $40k with takeicoin i would think you should rethink your stuff and do something will make you money.
TakeiCoin (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:48:26 PM

if you lost money with one coin now $40k with takeicoin i would think you should rethink your stuff and do something will make you money.

Cheesy I'm still up from cryptocurrencies and I enjoy it! It's been a rough month but all together I'm still happy to be involved.
tokyopotato
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 09:05:41 PM

Cheesy I'm still up from cryptocurrencies and I enjoy it! It's been a rough month but all together I'm still happy to be involved.

Wonderful.  

I look forward to seeing how this coin changes direction... this could be a real success story in the end.

I am still out 1 BTC and no longer hold any TAK.  I held on until the very end with Takeicoin!

Feel free to send some BTC goodwill.

BTC: 17jpUrQRSrj8B8NgggEJnLgpa6Ery3rrCG

TAK: TJ7QnkZzKGBs4sfV5RiEAuN4JJ9vAkkQBf
bl4ck_

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 09:09:10 PM

17jpUrQRSrj8B8NgggEJnLgpa6Ery3rrCG

hahaha nice joke!
tokyopotato
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 09:10:42 PM

17jpUrQRSrj8B8NgggEJnLgpa6Ery3rrCG

hahaha nice joke!

Thanks.
mctaino

Activity: 686
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 09:13:13 PM

Hey guys. I want to take this time now that things have calmed down to explain what occurred and why I made the decision to pull the metaphorical plug on TakeiCoin.

Originally, the hopes we had were to get Mr. Takei on. By solidifying a relationship with Edie Windsor we were hoping, in the very least, to have the Takei camp ok with what we were doing, after all we really were setting out to create something helpful and world changing.

Our first donation was meant to go to LI LGBT network. The CEO of that company is a friend with one of our founders and we were initially working with him to get Edie Windsor on board as he works closely with her. The two of them had a sit down and we later got a message from this CEO that it was ok to move forward. However, at some point in this conversation there must of been a lapse in communication. I DO NOT blame the CEO for this happening as he was nice enough to try and help us in the first place. It was 100% our fault in not investigating further and ensuring that all relationships were in fact in place, as we assumed.

We moved forward with the press release and all seemed to be going great.

On Friday I received a call from Edie Windsor's people stating that they never approved such an endorsement and that Mrs. Windsor was very upset it was presented as such.

I never intended to scam nor have I ever done anything malicious, I was just as shocked as everyone else, potentially moreso. You must always keep in mind that a lot of money went into this: Creating the coin, the websites, the wallets, the online wallets. This was all outsourced, we are not developers. The last thing I wanted to see was this coin fail...

I was in full panic mode as the thought of getting sued by someone we look to as a hero was certainly not on my list of things to do. I immediately took down everything, to ensure no picture, mention or ANYTHING remained up.

Again, I have to take full responsibility. I did indeed think that Mrs. Windsor was on board as that is what I was told. However, I stupidly went along without doing due diligence and for that I am extremely and sincerely apologetic. With that said I must now confirm that Mrs. Edie Windsor has never endorsed TakeiCoin and any statement otherwise was wrong and misinformed.

Now, the nail in the coffin. I also received, ON THE SAME DAY, an email from Brad Takei stating that George would not be interested in backing the coin but would be interested in speaking with Mrs. Windsor about it and maybe changing his mind based on his respect for her....Yah, that wasn't happening.

Well that pretty much covers everything. We have an incredible community, some great services and media accounts, and a working coin on multiple exchanges. The coin is not dead, as we can see from the rising prices. I am going to be passing the torch to a new development team but I will stay on to help the transition and potentially further to ensure it's success.

My heart sinks for anyone who lost money (myself included.....a LOT) and I will work my ass off in hopes that we can recover as many losses as possible.

TL:DR - Not a scam. Stupid misunderstanding on my part. I take full responsibility. I deeply apologize to anyone who lost money. We will move forward with a new development team and amazing community.

Please everyone feel free to ask questions. I only ask you keep it civil, please.

Thanks for let us know with details what transpired. We need to move on now, things are going to get better
Xosihc

Hello

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 09:32:43 PM

Thinking of maybe having it look like a drop of water, for aid? Just throwing this out there...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: