Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:59:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] TAKCoin REBRANDED . TOLERANCE. ACCEPTANCE. KNOWLEDGE [TAK] is Back. SHA256  (Read 148351 times)
qiwoman

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 07:25:51 AM

I really love the energy behind TAKEICOIN and just made a blog post for it because it has some really noteworthy characteristics and we need to educate more and more lay people into good Crypto Currencies. I feel this coin has a nice long term durability to it. Smiley
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Peacefrog

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 08:36:00 AM

I agree, i passed this up at first but once i read the main post i thought that the idea and drive behind this sounds better then most recent cryptos to be released

ShareCoin Free and Fair Distribution. Sha9sRtV5ermdZKwxZJPdT1cStK5RGWxGr
salstimda

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 09:05:35 AM
Last edit: February 23, 2014, 10:15:49 AM by salstimda

I really love the energy behind TAKEICOIN and just made a blog post for it because it has some really noteworthy characteristics and we need to educate more and more lay people into good Crypto Currencies. I feel this coin has a nice long term durability to it. Smiley

totally, its the first coin i bought in big! (while big is neglible for most ppls standards)

can you link to the blog post maybe?

edit: BTW:

martinyin

Activity: 512
Merit: 500

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 12:10:06 PM

some guyz are dumping the coins

Am I spamming? Report me!
salstimda

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 12:29:14 PM

i wish they would have dumped them 1 day earlier...ah what gives

i think takei will go boldly were no coin has ever gone before
TakeiCoin (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 12:37:32 PM

My recommendation is hang tight until next Thurs at least, price will see a jump.
kevin05

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 01:44:53 PM

My recommendation is hang tight until next Thurs at least, price will see a jump.
That 's right! The price in current just begin!
Anh3

Activity: 15

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 01:48:29 PM

that's sound great  Grin

just patien, we will go on moon ás soon
yaser1996

Activity: 20

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 01:50:25 PM

this coin is gay. Ftw
TakeiCoin (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 03:43:28 PM

this coin is gay. Ftw

Hah, the one time no one should be offended. One of the cofounders (not myself) is in fact gay and we should all thank him for the amazing work he's doing in the real world to back this coin.
opusdigitus

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 03:43:35 PM

Wow we got added to Cryptorush today too! https://cryptorush.in/index.php?p=trading&m=TAK&b=BTC

Still no word back from those supposed lawyers, eh?

We've already stated the lawyers are the ones we already spoke to. We are not waiting for their response.

i think he's asking when we could get a reply from Mr. Takei

I am...and the answer is likely "Never"

I don't doubt that they have sent emails, proposals, etc to Takei's people.  I am extremely skeptical that there has been any positive response.

Note:  They have not shown ANY indication whatsoever of a response from Takei's team.

I see no purpose to your posts. Just wait and see is all we can tell you.  Until then simply don't buy TAK, no one is forcing you. In crypto things move at a mile a minute. In the real world these things take time. Once we have our press release you will see some momentum pick up in these dealings. Feel free to come back then.

I think the purpose to his post is to point out that you are putting a lot of eggs in one basket.  Even if Mr. Takei endorses your coin, so what?  We know he has a lot of ties to human rights organizations, but until he advocates for it, there is nothing really impressive about the coin so far.  

I like the donation fund you set up, but that amount hasn't budged in days.  What else are you guys doing, that is tangible and specific, that we can see which will further the interests of this coin and its CAUSE?  Most of your posts are geared towards telling us how much the price is going to jump up or getting it on an exchange.  How about telling us about the human rights organizations we are going to be furthering?  Where is the schedule of charities that we will be, or can vote on supporting?  

I really like the idea of a coin that raises money for charity, but you are putting way too many eggs in one basket.  If Takei shoots you down, you've lost all your credibility.  And these "next week we'll have some news!"  posts are getting tiresome to those of us that mined it early on.  It's the old BFL approach and we've all seen it before.  

Not trying to be a dick, but when I see this approach, I gotta call it out.
TakeiCoin (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 03:46:44 PM

I think the purpose to his post is to point out that you are putting a lot of eggs in one basket.  Even if Mr. Takei endorses your coin, so what?  We know he has a lot of ties to human rights organizations, but until he advocates for it, there is nothing really impressive about the coin so far.  

I like the donation fund you set up, but that amount hasn't budged in days.  What else are you guys doing, that is tangible and specific, that we can see which will further the interests of this coin and its CAUSE?  Most of your posts are geared towards telling us how much the price is going to jump up or getting it on an exchange.  How about telling us about the human rights organizations we are going to be furthering?  Where is the schedule of charities that we will be, or can vote on supporting?  

I really like the idea of a coin that raises money for charity, but you are putting way too many eggs in one basket.  If Takei shoots you down, you've lost all your credibility.  And these "next week we'll have some news!"  posts are getting tiresome to those of us that mined it early on.  It's the old BFL approach and we've all seen it before.  

I can't release press release info before the press release, thus no news until then. It's just a wait and see kind of thing. Again we can't force you to be behind TAK we can only ask that you give us more than 2 weeks to get things going, to me that sounds fair enough.
TakeiCoin (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 06:24:20 PM

Mintpal and Cryptorush added to ANN

Faucet updated with 5 TAK a day

Giveaway thread https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/5579-takeicoin-giveaway/
salstimda

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 07:33:04 PM

I can't release press release info before the press release, thus no news until then. It's just a wait and see kind of thing. Again we can't force you to be behind TAK we can only ask that you give us more than 2 weeks to get things going, to me that sounds fair enough.

as far as i can tell the web-guy behind this coin has not mined a bit, he has not received any IPO or anything, he apparently just invested his own money to buy TAK for giveaways and whatnot (maybe to bump up the net hashrate), and he never actually promised george takei officially endorses this coin, he just claimed his lawyers are aware of this coin. since he only spent money and didn't mine or premine or get anything and didn't have any way of profiting of this so far, he didn't lose any credibility in my opinion, on the contrary. this seems to be one of the few coins with actual credible people behind it with actual credentials you can look up. i don't really understand what "approach" you gotta call out here.

tho i am also interested in more infos on how charities will be chosen to support and so on, for the current charity there is already information on the webpage ( http://liglbtnetwork.org/ )

i am really exited about this coin, i am curious why not more people are...
TakeiCoin (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 08:47:45 PM

as far as i can tell the web-guy behind this coin has not mined a bit, he has not received any IPO or anything, he apparently just invested his own money to buy TAK for giveaways and whatnot (maybe to bump up the net hashrate), and he never actually promised george takei officially endorses this coin, he just claimed his lawyers are aware of this coin. since he only spent money and didn't mine or premine or get anything and didn't have any way of profiting of this so far, he didn't lose any credibility in my opinion, on the contrary. this seems to be one of the few coins with actual credible people behind it with actual credentials you can look up. i don't really understand what "approach" you gotta call out here.

tho i am also interested in more infos on how charities will be chosen to support and so on, for the current charity there is already information on the webpage ( http://liglbtnetwork.org/ )

i am really exited about this coin, i am curious why not more people are...

Thank you for this, I put a lot of my own funds into this (over $10,000 at this point) and still received no premine or instamine to better off myself. I am really trying to set this coin aside as something above that.

As for how we choose charities we've decided on a monthly vote by the community that will probably be narrowed down by us. We figure one month we will allow communal decision and 1 month we will allow our sponsors (of which to be announced next week) to help decide. Also, all donations will be in the names of the sponsors to further show that we are not in this for any kind of tax rebate or whatnot.
TakeiCoin (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 11:03:18 PM

Get to know co-founder Michael Serao

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/nancy-ruhling/astoria-characters-the-ba_1_b_1197445.html
Shifu77

Activity: 21

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 11:58:13 PM

Could we get TAK listed on http://coinmarketcap.com/  .

The add form is here : https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1IZf5cBivam_93zENT_arFFuvWDidHGjWxoTMVmFSoWg/viewform

I just didn't know the link for the total amount of coins currently in existence so couldn't fill out that required detail on the form.
TakeiCoin (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 12:17:59 AM

The add form is here : https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1IZf5cBivam_93zENT_arFFuvWDidHGjWxoTMVmFSoWg/viewform

I just didn't know the link for the total amount of coins currently in existence so couldn't fill out that required detail on the form.

Already took care of that yesterday Smiley
martinyin

Activity: 512
Merit: 500

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 01:05:00 AM

any news on btc38?

Am I spamming? Report me!
TakeiCoin (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 01:09:33 AM

any news on btc38?

nothing at this time. We have a Chinese promoter but he's quite hard to communicate with. Hopefully we'll get something sorted out soon.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: