Bitcoin Forum
August 24, 2024, 07:19:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] TAKCoin REBRANDED . TOLERANCE. ACCEPTANCE. KNOWLEDGE [TAK] is Back. SHA256  (Read 148364 times)
SlidingHorn

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 08:15:24 PM

Thanks, I will try. But if I get hurt like I did with MaxCoin fiasko launch, I'll never trust another coin again Smiley

That's a terrible coin on which to base your judgement...for being promoted by professionals, it was easily one of the worst & least professional launches I've seen in my (limited) time here.

Indeed. I will be sad if it takes of and not because I failed at mining any of it, but because it's not fair (ironically, with such "fair" launch) for other altcoin dev and owners, who are working hard and efficiently.

Another silly noobish question, can I use the "common" minerd? Or should I wait for launch to get a customized one? Would like to setup what I can before hand.

Yeah, I believe CPUminer can do SHA256.  In linux (don't know the windows vers):

Code:
./minerd -a=sha256d --url=pooladdy --userpass=Username.Worker:pass

foaman

Activity: 274

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 08:27:57 PM

sha256 is a terrible idea.  none of my friends that mine will be paying any attention to this coin with sha256.  they all gpu mine since most of us have only been mining for 6 months.  should change the name of the coin to the ELKSCLUB coin. the majority of people mining this coin will be old school bitcoin miners that have generation 1 asics that are no longer useful for btc but will stomp all over this coin and make the rest of us who are recently new to cryptos and running gpu's to stay away.  within months anyone who does not own btc asics will have moved on as the difficulty will be too high and new miners who run gpu farms will not point to it since they cant compete with the btc asics.  an scrypt coin had a much better chance of being mined by new miners, takei coin will now end up like btc in a year, mined and owned by only a few hundred people which defeats the principle behind the coin.  maybe im wrong but I am not the only person who thinks this way.  

all that is why vert coins seems so much more appealing. it stops asics which is what is ruining the basic principles behind btc.  minimally for takei coin it would have been nice to see the code changed enough so the btc asics that are out there at least would not have worked.  as much as they tried to have a "fair" launch and they did a good job at trying, it still isn't. as anyone who has asics already has a 10x edge on gpu mines right out of the gate.  
foaman

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 08:30:45 PM

There are 1000    new scrypt coins here.

New SHA coins are exactly for  old generation, who can eqarn some coins at the beginning, while difficulty is low;)

This is the reason we chose SHA. We figure that scrypt is a little over-saturated right now and no one has released a great new SHA coin in a while.

Just kinda goes against the whole "for the people" sort of theme ya got going on here. Reeks of P&D fodder for a development team with unprofitible ASICs. This will lead to a wildly inequitable (irony?) distribution compared to a Scrypt coin. There is no good reason other than personal profit, to choose this path. Just another get-rich-quick attempt by another coin dev. Disappointed you dragged Takei's likeness into such an obviously and consciously inequitable plan.

+1 absolutely agree.  postpone the launch, change the code so btc asics cant be used and you might be able to convince us this wasn't a shady decision.  otherwise it make no sense to use sha256.
TakeiCoin (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 08:34:45 PM

sha256 is a terrible idea.  none of my friends that mine will be paying any attention to this coin with sha256.  they all gpu mine since most of us have only been mining for 6 months.  should change the name of the coin to the ELKSCLUB coin. the majority of people mining this coin will be old school bitcoin miners that have generation 1 asics that are no longer useful for btc but will stomp all over this coin and make the rest of us who are recently new to cryptos and running gpu's to stay away.  within months anyone who does not own btc asics will have moved on as the difficulty will be too high and new miners who run gpu farms will not point to it since they cant compete with the btc asics.  an scrypt coin had a much better chance of being mined by new miners, takei coin will now end up like btc in a year, mined and owned by only a few hundred people which defeats the principle behind the coin.  maybe im wrong but I am not the only person who thinks this way.  

all that is why vert coins seems so much more appealing. it stops asics which is what is ruining the basic principles behind btc.  minimally for takei coin it would have been nice to see the code changed enough so the btc asics that are out there at least would not have worked.  as much as they tried to have a "fair" launch and they did a good job at trying, it still isn't. as anyone who has asics already has a 10x edge on gpu mines right out of the gate.  

We made our decision based on this. While I understand your issue I would also say that there's a huge market out there for the people who DO have asics that is currently untapped due to the upswing in scrypt. I hope you find that our coin does well for you maybe in trading, or what have you, and I am sorry that you can't participate as you would like to in the mining portion.

I am sure there's a rift between people that have both opinion and hopefully we can make as many people happy as possible. Cheers man, I hope it all works out for you.
hilgi

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 08:46:04 PM

We made our decision based on this. While I understand your issue I would also say that there's a huge market out there for the people who DO have asics that is currently untapped due to the upswing in scrypt. I hope you find that our coin does well for you maybe in trading, or what have you, and I am sorry that you can't participate as you would like to in the mining portion.

I am sure there's a rift between people that have both opinion and hopefully we can make as many people happy as possible. Cheers man, I hope it all works out for you.

Can it be mined with a GPU?
foaman

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 08:57:18 PM

sha256 is a terrible idea.  none of my friends that mine will be paying any attention to this coin with sha256.  they all gpu mine since most of us have only been mining for 6 months.  should change the name of the coin to the ELKSCLUB coin. the majority of people mining this coin will be old school bitcoin miners that have generation 1 asics that are no longer useful for btc but will stomp all over this coin and make the rest of us who are recently new to cryptos and running gpu's to stay away.  within months anyone who does not own btc asics will have moved on as the difficulty will be too high and new miners who run gpu farms will not point to it since they cant compete with the btc asics.  an scrypt coin had a much better chance of being mined by new miners, takei coin will now end up like btc in a year, mined and owned by only a few hundred people which defeats the principle behind the coin.  maybe im wrong but I am not the only person who thinks this way. 

all that is why vert coins seems so much more appealing. it stops asics which is what is ruining the basic principles behind btc.  minimally for takei coin it would have been nice to see the code changed enough so the btc asics that are out there at least would not have worked.  as much as they tried to have a "fair" launch and they did a good job at trying, it still isn't. as anyone who has asics already has a 10x edge on gpu mines right out of the gate. 

that makes a little bit of sense but I think the amount of people with untapped asics are a lot less than the amount of new miners entering the market with gpu's.  I think having more people actually mining the coin would have been a better choice than getting lots of coins out quickly by use of asics.  more miners = more support = more word of mouth advertising.  I agree with some of your logic but it still hints of some type of personal benefit over creating a kick ass new coin with a great base and a great message, built on the best technology.  me and many of my fellow miners were super excited for this coin and now we have no choice but to move on.  good luck we will soon see if the choices were right. Smiley
shaun2007182

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 09:05:05 PM

how many hours left?

USDe - GYWpEVSNJMdiirfx5fxqrY6rJGnLtsFDJV

★★★  USDe    THE FREE PEOPLE'S CURRENCY  ★★★
Snotty

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 09:20:01 PM

how many hours left?

http://countingdownto.com/countdown/takeicoin-launch-countdown-clock
HunterS

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 09:28:30 PM

1 and a half hours left
where are the download links

madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 09:42:26 PM

sha-256 !?!  why?  all the retired bitcoin asics are going to tear this up.  nothing left for us common folk.  guess im out too.

I'm out, not going to compete with the ASICS...  Should have been script-jane

HunterS

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 10:05:19 PM

lol so because some of u dont have asics the dev fuked up and should change it for u? lmao
and than u will get asic people going "u should of left sha-256 fuk scrypt im out"
lmao
i think it great having a few more SHA coins finally coming out

go buy asics or stop fuking complaining and just move on

hilgi

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 10:15:23 PM

1 and a half hours left

Strike 2.
Snotty

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 10:21:28 PM

1 and a half hours left

Strike 2.

Have you tried MaxCoin?
hilgi

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 10:29:11 PM

1 and a half hours left

Strike 2.

Have you tried MaxCoin?

Ugg, don't remind me.
HunterS

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 10:29:24 PM

wow here we go again
downloads available 2 hours out?
there is 30 minutes left and we have nothing
what is going on

Snotty

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 10:34:45 PM

1 and a half hours left

Strike 2.

Have you tried MaxCoin?

Ugg, don't remind me.

Hehe, yeah. Things like this should make us stronger.
TakeiCoin (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 10:42:36 PM

We are going to hold the wallets until 6pm so no one starts mining early. Don't worry we are still on point for 6pm. Once 6pm hits we will upload wallet and all other pertinent info. The main pool is currently being worked on, though they are having one issue. IF the main pool isn't ready for release we will still go forward as you will be able to solo mine (or attach to another pool that pops up) in the mean time.
hilgi

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 10:43:32 PM

We are going to hold the wallets until 6pm so no one starts mining early. Don't worry we are still on point for 6pm. Once 6pm hits we will upload wallet and all other pertinent info. The main pool is currently being worked on, though they are having one issue. IF the main pool isn't ready for release we will still go forward as you will be able to solo mine (or attach to another pool that pops up) in the mean time.

Can you mine with a GPU and CGminer?
foaman

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 10:47:12 PM

yes you can use cgminer without the --scrypt flag.  I think all of your other settings will change too so you may have to play with your intensity and other stuff to adapt them to sha instead of scrypt.

majsta

Activity: 561

kittehcoin.info

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 10:47:33 PM

Devs really need to respect timings, deadlines and community. If you said that you will post link 2 hours before and you didn't there is no need for me to look at this coin from now on. So for me it is not about the profit anymore you just didn't provide what you have said. And we didn't tell you when is deadline or when something should be done, you did... Good luck with this coin I m moving on...

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: