Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:01:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anonymous Ads - bitcoin advertising network [migration to v.2]  (Read 44668 times)
arsenische (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1199
Merit: 1012

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 08:20:11 PM

The new adcode is much faster indeed, but now it seems that my sites aren't detected as containing it: health dropped to 58%, except on the site where I still haven't updated the code: http://anonymousads.com/affiliate/447

Looks like you are missing data-aa attribute
Yeah but all works fine still... is there any use in this attribute apart from breaking HTML5 validation?

Yes, it is used to detect aa code Smiley

No, it shouldn't break HTML5: http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/WD-html5-20110525/elements.html#embedding-custom-non-visible-data-with-the-data-attributes. Facebook uses data- attributes in its "like" buttons, so I don't think it should be a problem.

However if you don't like them, you can use "id='aa-ad-unit-<your affiliate id>'" instead (not recommended though).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
localhost

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 08:49:10 PM

Thanks, I wasn't aware of that tag... now that I think of it I've got lots of ideas on how to use it even more ^^

-
localhost

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 05:16:02 AM

How long is it supposed to take for the health to get back up? It quickly went from 49% to 66%, but has been stuck at 66% since then...

-
arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 07:18:54 AM

How long is it supposed to take for the health to get back up? It quickly went from 49% to 66%, but has been stuck at 66% since then...

Wow, thanks for reporting! Just restarted the script, it hang for some reason.

I am not sure how much time it is supposed to take for the gealth to get back up. Time to time (currently every 20 minutes) the script checks all the active (or new) sites and estimates the probability of them to show the ad. For each particular site the math can be expressed by the following code:

Code:
$speed = 0.01;
$health = (1-$speed) * $health;
if ($isAdOnSite)
  $health += $speed;

xDan

Activity: 688
Merit: 500

ヽ( ㅇㅅㅇ)ノ ~!!

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 07:06:30 PM

I think we can implement API that allows automatic affiliate registration (without visiting AA site). It would allow your users to earn and even to see their stats. But probably this API would require your server to authorize somehow to prevent flooding of our database.

Hi again, just curious if this is something you plan on working on at all? Can I get an ETA? Wink

Or is it "maybe or maybe not, sometime in the unknown and distant future"...

HODLing for the longest time. Skippin fast right around the moon. On a rocketship straight to mars.
Up, up and away with my beautiful, my beautiful Bitcoin~
giantdragon
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 25, 2012, 02:47:59 PM

I think we can implement API that allows automatic affiliate registration (without visiting AA site). It would allow your users to earn and even to see their stats. But probably this API would require your server to authorize somehow to prevent flooding of our database.

Hi again, just curious if this is something you plan on working on at all? Can I get an ETA? Wink

Or is it "maybe or maybe not, sometime in the unknown and distant future"...
Implemented the same for CoinURL.
thaayb

Activity: 216
Merit: 104

🥇🥉🎖

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 06:12:02 AM

Hey COuld it be that Anonymousads is currently down??

Since Yesterday I couldn access the Website and the BBCode Ads arent shown....

Normal ads Work fine.

Kind Regards!
Yours Thaayb.

arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 08:47:55 AM

Hey COuld it be that Anonymousads is currently down??

Since Yesterday I couldn access the Website and the BBCode Ads arent shown....

Normal ads Work fine.

Kind Regards!
Yours Thaayb.

I am terribly sorry, I've been in train for 2 whole days and couldn't see your messages and fix the problem. Everything should work now.

thaayb

Activity: 216
Merit: 104

🥇🥉🎖

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 09:13:02 AM

Jeah everything works again.
Thnx Grin

Kind Regards!
Yours, Thaayb.

localhost

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 08:01:26 AM

Hm, whatever happened to weights? Looks like all sites are reset to weight=20  Huh

-
localhost

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 04:39:14 PM

Just got a note from one of my visitors that the morons at McAfee tag anonymousads as malware...  Sad

-
localhost

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 07:30:18 AM

Well here's another thing, this service leaks visitors addresses to

Facebook Social Plugins
http://www.facebook.com/plugins/like.php?href=anonymousads.com&send=false&layout=box_count&width=300&show_faces=true&action=like&colorscheme=light&font&height=90
more infoGoogle +1
https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js
more infoGoogle Analytics
http://www.google-analytics.com/ga.js
more infoTwitter Button

On every page.  To do this and call the site anonymous or even private is highly misleading and potentially dangerous to all the spammers advertisers that would be inclined to use such a service.
As long as it doesn't leak when including the ads on affiliates' sites, that's not much of a problem. We ourselves don't browse without ghostery, do we?  Grin

-
gbl08ma

Activity: 306

Donations: http://tny.im/nx

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2012, 06:50:32 PM

Well here's another thing, this service leaks visitors addresses to

Facebook Social Plugins
http://www.facebook.com/plugins/like.php?href=anonymousads.com&send=false&layout=box_count&width=300&show_faces=true&action=like&colorscheme=light&font&height=90
more infoGoogle +1
https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js
more infoGoogle Analytics
http://www.google-analytics.com/ga.js
more infoTwitter Button

On every page.  To do this and call the site anonymous or even private is highly misleading and potentially dangerous to all the spammers advertisers that would be inclined to use such a service.

(cough cough) On the other hand, I never got any problems with payouts from Anonymous Ads... (cough cough)
Also, I don't see any privacy policy saying they don't collect visitors data. "Anonymous Ads" is the site name, and is not announced as a feature. I think the idea behind the "anonymous" name is that there are no user accounts (affiliates, advertisers and websites are independent).

If you're annoyed by the social sharing buttons (which almost every other website has nowadays) and the privacy problems they pose, you should start by blocking them from the start, as well as not displaying AddThis widgets on your advertising network website.

arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 08:50:53 AM

Hi all.. Sorry for late answer, I am on vacation now and can't respond in timely fashion. I'll be back in several days.

Hm, whatever happened to weights? Looks like all sites are reset to weight=20  Huh

Yes, something bad happened to the site weights and the only way to fix them quickly was to set them equal. I plan to rework this mechanism.

Just got a note from one of my visitors that the morons at McAfee tag anonymousads as malware...  Sad

Thanks for info, I'll look at it later.

gbl08ma

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2012, 02:44:45 PM

I bet that stupid software blocks tags every website with the word "anonymous" in it as malware. Oh well...

Funnily enough,  I seem to be getting more money now that the weight component was set to 20, than before when I had a weight a bit above 400...
I hope that when you rework the weight mechanism, you make the weight dynamic so that it changes with the amount of views and clicks (and preferably not just unique ones).

Luceo

Activity: 350

Per aspera ad astra!

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 07:55:15 AM

Testing now with an ad for Fennec Internet Services.

Hopefully you can rate this and get it running ASAP.

Have bootstrapped 0.5 BTC and put 0.75 BTC for impressions as I don't really know how to set up a goal (I wouldn't mind doing one for someone submitting a contact form, or a manually activated one for orders).

arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 11:06:49 AM

Testing now with an ad for Fennec Internet Services.

Hopefully you can rate this and get it running ASAP.

Have bootstrapped 0.5 BTC and put 0.75 BTC for impressions as I don't really know how to set up a goal (I wouldn't mind doing one for someone submitting a contact form, or a manually activated one for orders).

Done. Thanks for trying out the service. For goal tracking you need to embed some code on your side. You can either register a goal at AA (and use its Goal Tracking mechanism), or you can track the affiliate addresses (that are passed to your site via $_GET parameter with each visitor) yourself and send bitcoins to them if they generate sales.

localhost

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 09:26:12 PM

Any news on the weights ?

-
gbl08ma

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2012, 11:23:55 AM

The news I'd like to hear about the weights, is that they become proportional to the affiliate's number of impressions and clicks, and not just some fixed number.

arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 04:12:28 PM

I removed site weights. Affiliates will be rewarded in proportion to <n of impressions during last 7 days>*(<n of clicks during last 7 days> + 1).

Please note that <n of impressions> and <n of clicks> are filtered according to some internal criteria. Globally unique IPs and reasonable CTRs are rewarded. Those earnings will be still shown as "Earned from sites:" on affiliates' page (even though they are not related to sites anymore).

I hope I didn't mess anything, let's see how it works.

This is still a temporary solution, I work on AA2 that will introduce major changes and replace this logic too.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: