Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 06:01:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anonymous Ads - bitcoin advertising network [migration to v.2]  (Read 44654 times)
matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2012, 02:21:01 AM

What are http://anonymousads.com/ profits percent compared to legit users?  I know it's new and I want to support Bitcoin but I don't want to be ripped off.  I'm also looking at https://www.operationfabulous.com/ for Bitcoin advertising but they haven't got back to me yet?

http://anonymousads.com/howitworks

They claim to only take 0.001 BTC per payment from advertiser to affiliate. If anonymous ads is taking too big a chunk, I suppose they would be discovered pretty quickly and business would move to other competition.

I'm sure other competing services will pop-up very quickly and they will all be good.

Thanks for the reply.  I think I may have read that but forgot  Embarrassed  Let's hope they stay true to their word.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
arsenische (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1199
Merit: 1012

View Profile
February 12, 2012, 07:27:44 AM
Last edit: February 12, 2012, 07:48:52 AM by arsenische

Thanks for the reply.  I think I may have read that but forgot  Embarrassed  Let's hope they stay true to their word.

Actually you don't have to trust it, this all is totally traceable. Just click your own banner and see the bitcoin address in the URL you arrive to. Send some btc on behalf of advertiser to that address and wait several hours, payment should appear in your wallet.

Update: if it doesn't happen - please let me know

arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2012, 07:57:37 AM

How about adding a pending withdrawals section to the affiliate's page?  So we know how much we have pending to be paid on the next payment.

Good idea. Also it would be nice to show transaction ids (I don't think affiliates should to examine database dumps to discover them).

Bitsky

Activity: 576
Merit: 512

View Profile
February 12, 2012, 11:12:22 AM

Bringing up text links again...
It would be relatively easy for affiliates to create text-only links if the ids could be used, for example:

http://anonymousads.com/go/<affiliate id>/<ad id>/

So any affiliate can easily pick the target site he wants and place a simple text link on a website/forum/email/etc. It somewhat goes against your approach of a payment-balanced system though.

Bounty: Earn up to 68.7 BTC
Like my post? Feel free to drop a tip to 1BitskyZbfR4irjyXDaGAM2wYKQknwX36Y
arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2012, 05:00:55 PM

Bringing up text links again...
It would be relatively easy for affiliates to create text-only links if the ids could be used, for example:

http://anonymousads.com/go/<affiliate id>/<ad id>/

So any affiliate can easily pick the target site he wants and place a simple text link on a website/forum/email/etc.

Actually if advertiser pays commission for successful visits and you want to show a text link for particular advertiser, then you can just put your bitcoin address into his/her URL.

For example Bitcoin Darts accepts links of form "http://bitcoindarts.movoda.net/?partner=<bitcoin address here>". Just put your address there and you don't even need to use Anonymous Ads.

So any affiliate can easily pick the target site he wants and place a simple text link on a website/forum/email/etc. It somewhat goes against your approach of a payment-balanced system though.

Yes, exactly. That is why instead of adding text links to Anonymous Ads I developed http://btcurl.com. Though btcurl is far from being complete, I have some plans on that project too Smiley It targets advertisers that don't want to track successful visits themselves.

Bitsky

Activity: 576
Merit: 512

View Profile
February 12, 2012, 09:34:54 PM

Actually if advertiser pays commission for successful visits and you want to show a text link for particular advertiser, then you can just put your bitcoin address into his/her URL.

For example Bitcoin Darts accepts links of form "http://bitcoindarts.movoda.net/?partner=<bitcoin address here>". Just put your address there and you don't even need to use Anonymous Ads.
True, however every affiliate would have to work out a deal with every advertiser. An advertiser on AA made it public that he pays for traffic, so for affiliates there is no need to ask. It would be some sort of aggregation service that brings them both together without any special deals. Should be rather trivial to implement even.

Bounty: Earn up to 68.7 BTC
Like my post? Feel free to drop a tip to 1BitskyZbfR4irjyXDaGAM2wYKQknwX36Y
Tritonio

Activity: 640
Merit: 500

Vanity of vanities; all is vanity...

View Profile
February 13, 2012, 11:24:28 PM
Last edit: February 14, 2012, 12:06:38 AM by Tritonio

Hi! I see some inconsistency between my wallet and the affiliate page. I've got two affiliates:

Tritonio: http://anonymousads.com/affiliate/137d3V7MhjnGShUiniyvV3bxMGqWG2FXJe
Filosofiki: http://anonymousads.com/affiliate/1FgecxU7sTwgAfHLQJ6wZDUE3rUb5cbvY3

As you see Tritonio has: 0.05782962 btc (3 withdrawals)
and Filosofiki: 0.27553711 btc (4 withdrawals)

Now check the related transactions on my wallet:

Anonymous Ads (Tritonio)","137d3V7MhjnGShUiniyvV3bxMGqWG2FXJe","0.15071598"
Anonymous Ads (Filosofiki.eu)","1FgecxU7sTwgAfHLQJ6wZDUE3rUb5cbvY3","0.07557349"
Anonymous Ads (Tritonio)","137d3V7MhjnGShUiniyvV3bxMGqWG2FXJe","0.01101064"
Anonymous Ads (Filosofiki.eu)","1FgecxU7sTwgAfHLQJ6wZDUE3rUb5cbvY3","0.07373893"
Anonymous Ads (Tritonio)","137d3V7MhjnGShUiniyvV3bxMGqWG2FXJe","0.01071233",
Anonymous Ads (Filosofiki.eu)","1FgecxU7sTwgAfHLQJ6wZDUE3rUb5cbvY3","0.01161536",

In total Tritonio has about 0.17 BTC while filosofiki has: 0.16 BTC

The reported sum on your site is about 0.33 and in my wallet it is again about 0.33.

Did the addresses got mixed up somehow?? Up until I received the topmost payment everything looked normal. Then it is like the topmost payment was supposed to go to Filosofiki but went to Tritonio.

Any ideas?

PS: Additionally the withdrawals reported don't match those I see in my wallet. Yet the sum of bitcoins reported match the one I see...
arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 12:03:08 AM

Hi! I see some inconsistency between my wallet and the affiliate page. I've got two affiliates:

Tritonio: http://anonymousads.com/affiliate/137d3V7MhjnGShUiniyvV3bxMGqWG2FXJe
Filosofiki: http://anonymousads.com/affiliate/1FgecxU7sTwgAfHLQJ6wZDUE3rUb5cbvY3

As you see Tritonio has: 0.05782962 btc (3 withdrawals)
and Filosofiki: 0.27553711 btc (4 withdrawals)

Now check the related transactions on my wallet:

Anonymous Ads (Tritonio)","137d3V7MhjnGShUiniyvV3bxMGqWG2FXJe","0.15071598"
Anonymous Ads (Filosofiki.eu)","1FgecxU7sTwgAfHLQJ6wZDUE3rUb5cbvY3","0.07557349"
Anonymous Ads (Tritonio)","137d3V7MhjnGShUiniyvV3bxMGqWG2FXJe","0.01101064"
Anonymous Ads (Filosofiki.eu)","1FgecxU7sTwgAfHLQJ6wZDUE3rUb5cbvY3","0.07373893"
Anonymous Ads (Tritonio)","137d3V7MhjnGShUiniyvV3bxMGqWG2FXJe","0.01071233",
Anonymous Ads (Filosofiki.eu)","1FgecxU7sTwgAfHLQJ6wZDUE3rUb5cbvY3","0.01161536",

In total Tritonio has about 0.17 BTC while filosofiki has: 0.16 BTC

The reported sum on your site is about 0.33 and in my wallet it is again about 0.33.

Did the addresses got mixed up somehow?? Up untill receiving the topmost payment everything looked normal. Then it is like the topmost payment was supposed to go to Filosofiki but went to Tritonio.

Any ideas?

Hi!

According to http://blockexplorer.com/address/137d3V7MhjnGShUiniyvV3bxMGqWG2FXJe and http://blockexplorer.com/address/1FgecxU7sTwgAfHLQJ6wZDUE3rUb5cbvY3 everything is fine.

Probably your bitcoin client just shows only one recipient for transaction (whereas "sendmany" transaction contains several recipients).

Matoking

Activity: 352
Merit: 250

Firstbits: 1m8xa

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2012, 03:12:17 PM

Got 0.011 BTC all out of blue although I never pasted the advertisement anywhere, although you coincidentally used my Bitcoin address here Tongue

BTC : 1CcpmVDLvR7DgA5deFGScoNhiEtiJnh6H4 - LTC : LYTnoXAHNsemMB2jhCSi1znQqnfupdRkSy
Bitcoin-otc
BitBin - earn bitcoins with your pastes!
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 2607

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2012, 04:06:39 PM

Hey just wanted to ask: can I promote the site where the banner is on an autosurf website?

arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 05:54:50 PM

Hey just wanted to ask: can I promote the site where the banner is on an autosurf website?

I am not sure I fully understand what you are talking about, but you are welcome to do whatever you want unless you harm others.

If real people see the ads, some of them get interested and buy something from the advertiser - then nobody would ask any question. Please note that only unique impressions & clicks (within 24 hours) are counted.

If clicks & impressions are made by bots then they can be partially filtered out. Fake clicks & impressions distort statistics and hurt advertisers that pay for clicks & impressions (it will be harder and more expensive for them to award honest affiliates). Though advertisers that pay for successful visits would even benefit from it, because they will have even stronger advantage in competition for good affiliates.

I hope that more advertisers will pay for successful visits since it is much more efficient and eliminates incentive for generating fake clicks & impressions.

mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2012, 06:05:53 PM

About autosurf: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autosurf Also wanted to add that my autosurf displays the site for around 13 seconds in a persons broswer and that the main concept between autosurf is that you don't have to do anything rather then leaving the broswer open.

arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 06:28:49 PM

About autosurf: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autosurf

Thanks, I had read that article before I wrote a reply;)

I'm sorry, I am still confused with the question. Are you going to embed Anonymous Ads code into the site that receives traffic via autosurf, or are you going to advertise your autosurf website via Anonymous Ads?

In either case I just can't forbid anything. There is always a way to cheat. The worst I can do is set up negative rating to ads that are obviously erroneous or inappropriate and to filter out suspicious clicks, impressions and IPs.

I've read about autosurf and it doesn't seem to be erroneous or inappropriate. It seems it could be somewhat similar to a Ponzi scheme so if you place an ad of some autosurf system, it would receive a rating of about 50 (as gambling).

mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2012, 06:48:11 PM

Well I will try to explain it better. I have put my Anonymous Ads banner code in a signature of an other forum (Not this one Grin). Now I am promoting my thread via autosurf (an autosurf, in my case, is a traffic exchange because for it to be a Ponzi scheme it needs to payout money not give traffic to others but this fact isn't the main point) where in the signature the banner is seen. Now let's say that I login to my autosurf account and click Earn Credits. Then automaticly another page opens and shows websites. They rotate every 13 seconds. After I earn enough credits I use them to promote the site in the same way the other websites which were in rotation. To make a few things straight: You only need to keep the broswer open while earning. It means that not the people are watching the ads but only the computer rotates them in their broswer. Also some (but a very very small part) peiple watch those websites like sometimes I do. So I don't know whether that kind of promoting is considered botting or not. And the last thing is that I try to be an honest person because if I wouldn't be I wouldn't be asking for advice and writing this long which I am finishing now. Grin

arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 07:23:03 PM

Well I will try to explain it better. I have put my Anonymous Ads banner code in a signature of an other forum (Not this one Grin). Now I am promoting my thread via autosurf (an autosurf, in my case, is a traffic exchange because for it to be a Ponzi scheme it needs to payout money not give traffic to others but this fact isn't the main point) where in the signature the banner is seen. Now let's say that I login to my autosurf account and click Earn Credits. Then automaticly another page opens and shows websites. They rotate every 13 seconds. After I earn enough credits I use them to promote the site in the same way the other websites which were in rotation. To make a few things straight: You only need to keep the broswer open while earning. It means that not the people are watching the ads but only the computer rotates them in their broswer. Also some (but a very very small part) peiple watch those websites like sometimes I do. So I don't know whether that kind of promoting is considered botting or not. And the last thing is that I try to be an honest person because if I wouldn't be I wouldn't be asking for advice and writing this long which I am finishing now. Grin

Thanks  explanation! So basically what you are saying is that you get many impressions, but very few of them are seen by real people. And probably you have low CTR (or does the system click ads too?).

Frankly speaking I don't like this kind of advertising, it seems to be rather inefficient and to negatively affect reputation of Anonymous Ads. If you sell impressions to a buyer who assumes that they are made by people, it is probably a fraud.

I am not asking you to stop it because while there is financial incentive for it, people will silently do it. You shouldn't be exclusively penalized for your honesty Smiley

There are some technical measures to filter out excessive clicks & impressions, I have idea of some additional measures that could be taken.

The ultimate solution is, as I mentioned earlier, embedded into the system by design: if most advertisers pay only for successful visits, there will be very little (or zero) incentive for spending your autosurf credits on Anonymous Ads.

mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2012, 07:33:59 PM

Thanks  explanation! So basically what you are saying is that you get many impressions, but very few of them are seen by real people. And probably you have low CTR (or does the system click ads too?).

Frankly speaking I don't like this kind of advertising, it seems to be rather inefficient and to negatively affect reputation of Anonymous Ads. If you sell impressions to a buyer who assumes that they are made by people, it is probably a fraud.

I am not asking you to stop it because while there is financial incentive for it, people will silently do it. You shouldn't be exclusively penalized for your honesty Smiley

There are some technical measures to filter out excessive clicks & impressions, I have idea of some additional measures that could be taken.

The ultimate solution is, as I mentioned earlier, embedded into the system by design: if most advertisers pay only for successful visits, there will be very little (or zero) incentive for spending your autosurf credits on Anonymous Ads.
To answer your question about the click: no it doesn't do that since they only share traffic to websites not to their ads. And of course thank you for clearing that up since my dignity reacts to that kind of questions really badly (sometimes  Grin). And to your relief I am going to stop promoting in this kind of way. I am planning on setting up a bitcoin faucet (maybe something with a similliar concept like Daily Bitcoins) so I will use this and maybe somekind of other service which will help to earn enough bitcoins to give away to other people.

arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 02:22:54 PM

Added some basic stats to the stats page. Now you can see that Anonymous Ads' affiliates generated 117838 impressions, 2313 clicks and earned 2.65199910 btc during last 30 days.

It seems that most advertisers pay only to bootstrap their ads and don't pay to affiliates (I'm paying to affiliates on behalf on advertisers, but I can't detect successful visits).

You can think of bootstrapping ads as of connecting them to affiliates. If you already have enough affiliates connected to your ad and you pay for successful visits, you should expect to get much more impressions for less money.

It is not that difficult:
1. upon each visit save bitcoin address (that is passed to your site by Anonymous Ads) in a cookie.
2. when visitor gets registered or orders something - read bitcoin address from cookie and associate it with user.
3. when you receive money from that user - send some btc to that bitcoin address (or collect pairs <bitcoin address, amount to send> in CSV file, pass it to btcrelay.com and pay to many affiliates in a single transaction).

The system really needs more advertisers that pay for successful visits, so I am going to help advertisers to establish this workflow for free. Please PM me to get help.

1QaZxSw2

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 03:37:29 PM

Added some basic stats to the stats page. Now you can see that Anonymous Ads' affiliates generated 117838 impressions, 2313 clicks and earned 2.65199910 btc during last 30 days.

It seems that most advertisers pay only to bootstrap their ads and don't pay to affiliates (I'm paying to affiliates on behalf on advertisers, but I can't detect successful visits).

You can think of bootstrapping ads as of connecting them to affiliates. If you already have enough affiliates connected to your ad and you pay for successful visits, you should expect to get much more impressions for less money.

It is not that difficult:
1. upon each visit save bitcoin address (that is passed to your site by Anonymous Ads) in a cookie.
2. when visitor gets registered or orders something - read bitcoin address from cookie and associate it with user.
3. when you receive money from that user - send some btc to that bitcoin address (or collect pairs <bitcoin address, amount to send> in CSV file, pass it to btcrelay.com and pay to many affiliates in a single transaction).

The system really needs more advertisers that pay for successful visits, so I am going to help advertisers to establish this workflow for free. Please PM me to get help.

Would be easier if you provided them a library or even a service to do that
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 04:18:18 PM

So, you are counting on the advertisers willingness to reward publishers on their own after getting their (?)money(?) in then pocket?
arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 04:45:36 PM

So, you are counting on the advertisers willingness to reward publishers on their own after getting their (?)money(?) in then pocket?

Yes. It is good for advertisers because it will boost their impressions from that publishers, and they won't pay for fake clicks/impressions. It is good for publishers too because most profitable ads will be shown on their sites (and their income won't be discounted by fake clicks & impressions of other publishers).

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: