Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:34:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [RBY] ★★ Rubycoin ★★ A precious gem for the digital age  (Read 287370 times)
james42

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 01:07:23 PM

Apparent lack of interest in this coin by the looks of it, like watching paint dry

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JungleG1337

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 05:25:42 PM

Can we reach out to vendors for affiliation and accept Ruby as a way of payment? We can start with something small like website who sell games cdkeys. This way we can spread our name a bit.
sigwo

Activity: 656
Merit: 500

Go Jupiter!

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2014, 11:46:44 AM

you guys can mine scrypt at prohashing and get paid in ruby also if your looking to mine it.

edit: nevermind they must have taken it out after the fork bastards lol!

But you can at bemining.net. RBY is offered as a payout option, and you can mine with scrypt, SHA, or X11.
jawitech

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 01:51:14 PM

Sad to see that the price nearly halved. I hope you'll find a good way to increase the value of RBY.
Cryptosis

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 03:48:50 PM

I've been taking care of Rubycoin for almost a year now, dealing with every hurdle along the way. It has been a lot of fun, but it's time to get serious and figure out our priorities. Rubycoin doesn't really have a purpose. I wanted it to be trading/bot focused but the altcoin landscape can't really support it right now. I don't think it would be a good idea to head down that path if we can come up with a better option. Something more sustainable, long-term, with a bit more vision to it would be nice.

Recently Reddcoin has been suffering because a Bitcoin tipping platform called ChangeTip essentially replaced their entire purpose and mission with a single website. I'd like to avoid that with Rubycoin. I plan on releasing trading tools in web/stand-alone app form, but I think it would be a mistake to integrate it into the wallet if it's not going to be our focus.

What should be Rubycoin's purpose and why? Now that we have successfully switched over to Proof of Stake, it would be a good time to figure it out. I'm open to suggestions. Please share your ideas and we can discuss them as a community.

Can we reach out to vendors for affiliation and accept Ruby as a way of payment? We can start with something small like website who sell games cdkeys. This way we can spread our name a bit.

Thanks for the suggestion. It makes a lot of sense for digital products such as CD keys, gift cards, etc. Developing plugins for some of the major e-commerce platforms might be a good solution. My only concern is that Bitcoin has this area covered fairly well and vendors cashing out into fiat is at least partially responsible for the price decline.
Yes you are right, bitcoin has the market on online sales already nost people wouldn't convert bitcoins to ruby just to buy something even if it mean faster transaction times. For ruby to thrive it needs a purpose, a niche service that could only be provided by rby. Here in lies the problem for most alts, with aside from a few they only exist to trade or tip n pull more fiat from btc. I think you need to find a way for rby to exist in tandem with bitcoin. Not to dethrone bitcoin or take it's market share but exist in harmony. One good thing about alts is being able to use lower demoninations of coins to buy things. Say 10 rby instead of some satoshi amount of bitcoin. Another hurdle for the whole crypto community is going to be ease of use. Untill someone redesigns to the system to focus on making bitcoin idiot proof adoption will grow very slowly. The avg person setting up an account at an exchange then buying bitcoin or even buying bitcoin locally and then setting up a wallet and receiving their bitcoins would be a huge daunting task that mos people would not be able to do. The future is going to be in mobile apps the run off hosted blockchains that works similarly to banking apps. Right now for the avg person crypto is only for tech savy people and sadly most developers aren't interested in making their coin easy.
biodieselchris

Activity: 579

CoinQuacker

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2014, 07:22:56 PM

how do you move coins between spend and stake? Does it happen automatically?

should I ask again?

p2

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 01:40:07 AM

Add me to the list of people with now worthless coins on the old blockchain. Ruby is the only alt I held onto because I had faith in the coin's developer, only come to find a few months later of paying attention that my coins are now worthless. 1 month is an unrealistic amount of time to give people to swap, and if you missed the window (because you don't monitor this thread or monitor the IRC channel on a regular basis) you're screwed.

Really disappointed in the developer for choosing this path, with no apparent alternative for those of us left holding the bag.
MCDev

Activity: 680
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 02:06:41 AM

Add me to the list of people with now worthless coins on the old blockchain. Ruby is the only alt I held onto because I had faith in the coin's developer, only come to find a few months later of paying attention that my coins are now worthless. 1 month is an unrealistic amount of time to give people to swap, and if you missed the window (because you don't monitor this thread or monitor the IRC channel on a regular basis) you're screwed.

Really disappointed in the developer for choosing this path, with no apparent alternative for those of us left holding the bag.

Out of curiosity, how many coins did you have?  I feel for anyone who lost coins regardless of which coins they are, not only Ruby.  I started mining Ruby real close to the beginning and held on to everything.  Near the time close to the POS switch, I started buying and continued buying after POS.  That's how much faith I have in the Dev.  I have no affiliation with Ruby or the Dev, just a believer.  The Dev has stuck it out and made good on all he said he would do.  After the incident with the double-spending attempt, he was lightning fast in correcting the issue.  Yeah, he missed the first target for POS but that was because he wanted to get it right.

The reason I am curious about the number of Ruby you lost is that over the last few months prior to the swap to POS there was a great deal of chatter regarding the swap to POS, the only uncertainty was the final date.  Being that Ruby or any other coin for that matter represents money, it’s our responsibility as miners, buyers, and holders of those coins to check the message boards and IRC on a regular basis.  I myself spend anywhere from 3 to 5 hours a week checking the boards and IRC to make sure I know what’s happening to my coins, just as I do with my cc and bank statements. 

Again I do feel for anyone in the situation of missing the swap.

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
randomdude123

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 11:44:34 AM

I lost ~300000 RBY (worth 2.6 BTC at the time of the swap) in the swap. And the most annoying thing is that it would have been 100% possible to:

• Switch to POS without the blockchain reset.
  • or:
  • Reset the blockchain while keeping all the balances correct. Stop the old chain at some point (hardfork). Create a new chain with a premine equal to the number of RBY in old chain. Look at old chains unspent transactions, sum them up, and recreate them in the new chain.

Both of those would have allowed everyone to keep their coins. This blockchain reset is just very amateurish..

And also there is no way to know how fair and honest the swap was, bittrex and the developer (rby) might have agreed to create 10 million coins for themselves, while saying that those coins are going to be distributed to all the old holders. It's same as a relaunch, but with a possible hidden premine.
sigwo

Go Jupiter!

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 11:51:38 AM

how do you move coins between spend and stake? Does it happen automatically?

should I ask again?

It happens automatically. There is a command 'reservebalance' that you ca set via command line to always have a 'spendable' amount. Coin control is another great read for anyone using PoS coins/wallets.
sigwo

Go Jupiter!

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2014, 11:32:33 PM

Those are great! Looks awesome!
irina44

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 02:48:09 AM

Hello everyone!
How can I move the coin 6210.16251129 RUBY
with the old version to the new purse?

There is a possibility?

how to do it?

Huh
Cryptosis

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 04:22:36 AM

Hello everyone!
How can I move the coin 6210.16251129 RUBY
with the old version to the new purse?

There is a possibility?

how to do it?

Huh
If u didn't move them before Nov. 20th 2014 then they are toast, gone, stuck in limbo 
irina44

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 07:06:26 AM

they lie in my old wallet.

what should i do?
EnJoyThis

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 08:07:45 AM

what should i do?

These coins are lost and you can't get them converted to the new blockchain.

1Ew9k5guAGb44Uz6rYfSVscgFBUcgDZp5C
Cryptosis

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 05:13:13 AM

what should i do?
Delete said wallet and move on with your life kid
irina44

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 03:57:41 PM

then I say with confidence - the developer and mosheynik asshole!

Sit and watch every day on the subject of the forum? wait until he again invent something and coins become air?

This coin, the same shit as the developer.

And you, asshole everything, eat this shit!

Feeding them, together with the developer.

And Russian - went all fucking assholes!

Пoшли вce нa xyй мyдaки и пидapacы!
Жpитe этy гoвнянyю мoнeтy вмecтe c гoвнoдaвным paзpaбoм!

Этo нyжнo выдyмaть!!??? cиди здecь нa фopyмe, и cлeди зa тeмoй, ..инaчe paзpaб, peшит чтo нyжнo cдeлaть нoвый кoшeль,
пpи этoм, дacт нecкoлькo днeй , нa вывoд мoнeт c cтapoгo.. a ктo нe ycпeл.. тoт oпoздaл и мoнeты пpeвpaтилиcь в гoвнo.

И ecли вы тyт, этo гoвнo пoддepживaeтe, и пoeтe дeфиpaмбы тaкoй гoвнянoй мoнeтe, тo oднoзнaчнo,, пидapы вы вce тyт и мyдoзвoны.

Дa бyдeт cвeт! Cкaзaл элeктpик, и пepepeзaл пpoвoдa!.
Elun

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 02:00:58 AM

then I say with confidence - the developer and mosheynik asshole!

Sit and watch every day on the subject of the forum? wait until he again invent something and coins become air?

This coin, the same shit as the developer.

And you, asshole everything, eat this shit!

Feeding them, together with the developer.

And Russian - went all fucking assholes!

Пoшли вce нa xyй мyдaки и пидapacы!
Жpитe этy гoвнянyю мoнeтy вмecтe c гoвнoдaвным paзpaбoм!

Этo нyжнo выдyмaть!!??? cиди здecь нa фopyмe, и cлeди зa тeмoй, ..инaчe paзpaб, peшит чтo нyжнo cдeлaть нoвый кoшeль,
пpи этoм, дacт нecкoлькo днeй , нa вывoд мoнeт c cтapoгo.. a ктo нe ycпeл.. тoт oпoздaл и мoнeты пpeвpaтилиcь в гoвнo.

И ecли вы тyт, этo гoвнo пoддepживaeтe, и пoeтe дeфиpaмбы тaкoй гoвнянoй мoнeтe, тo oднoзнaчнo,, пидapы вы вce тyт и мyдoзвoны.

Дa бyдeт cвeт! Cкaзaл элeктpик, и пepepeзaл пpoвoдa!.
Dev announced swap in month before it. You had time for this. Only you taking responsibility for your investments.

Paзpaб зa мecяц cooбщил чтo нaдo мoнeты нa oбмeнник пepeвecти. Heyжeли зa мecяц нe нaшлocь вpeмeни чтoбы тeмy пpoвepить? Hyжнo cлeдить зa cвoими инвecтициями.
Tы caм ceбe злoбный eблaнбypaтинo.
irina44

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 03:03:25 AM

Уeбaн Elun.

ты вcтpeчaл гдe нибyдь, чтoбы пpи oбнoвлeнии вepcии кoшeлькa, пo кaкoй тo пpичинe, нyжнo былo бeжaть в тeчeнии кaкoгo тo вpeмeни и cpoчнo cливaть мoнeты нa нoвый кoшeль?

Дa этo caмoe чтo нe ecть пoдьeбкa!

O кaкиx инвиcтицияx ты тyт гoвopиш?

Двa дня фepмы paбoтaли нa этy гoвнo вaлютy, cлoжил в кoшeлeк кaк oбычнo, пycть лeжaт.
Чepeз нecкoлькo мecяцeв, cтpeльнит coльeм.
A здecь - бaц. Paзpaб peшил, чтo дaльшe двигaтьcя пo вeткe cтapoгo кoшeлькa нeльзя. и пpocтo oбнoвить вepcию кoшeлькa нe пoлyчитcя, aй cдeлaю я нoвый...
пpи этoм вce чтo в cтapoм пoйдeт пo пиздe!

Hy дa.. eмy пoxep! oн типa пpeдyпpeдил!
Зaпopoл oшибoк в нaчaлe, в paзpaбoткe eщe , a пoтoм зa этo пycть pacплaчивaютcя мaйнepы!

Дa мyдилo oн.
И ты мyдилo, Elun, ecли eгo пoддepживaeш!

C нopмaльными вaлютaми тaкoгo нe пpoиcxoдит!

Bce, oтклaнивaюcь.

ГOBHO BAЛЮTA И ГOBHO OБЩECTBO, ПOДДEPЖИBAЮЩEE OБMAH!

COCИTE XУЙ PEБЯTA.
Cryptosis

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 04:50:13 AM

Уeбaн Elun.

ты вcтpeчaл гдe нибyдь, чтoбы пpи oбнoвлeнии вepcии кoшeлькa, пo кaкoй тo пpичинe, нyжнo былo бeжaть в тeчeнии кaкoгo тo вpeмeни и cpoчнo cливaть мoнeты нa нoвый кoшeль?

Дa этo caмoe чтo нe ecть пoдьeбкa!

O кaкиx инвиcтицияx ты тyт гoвopиш?

Двa дня фepмы paбoтaли нa этy гoвнo вaлютy, cлoжил в кoшeлeк кaк oбычнo, пycть лeжaт.
Чepeз нecкoлькo мecяцeв, cтpeльнит coльeм.
A здecь - бaц. Paзpaб peшил, чтo дaльшe двигaтьcя пo вeткe cтapoгo кoшeлькa нeльзя. и пpocтo oбнoвить вepcию кoшeлькa нe пoлyчитcя, aй cдeлaю я нoвый...
пpи этoм вce чтo в cтapoм пoйдeт пo пиздe!

Hy дa.. eмy пoxep! oн типa пpeдyпpeдил!
Зaпopoл oшибoк в нaчaлe, в paзpaбoткe eщe , a пoтoм зa этo пycть pacплaчивaютcя мaйнepы!

Дa мyдилo oн.
И ты мyдилo, Elun, ecли eгo пoддepживaeш!

C нopмaльными вaлютaми тaкoгo нe пpoиcxoдит!

Bce, oтклaнивaюcь.

ГOBHO BAЛЮTA И ГOBHO OБЩECTBO, ПOДДEPЖИBAЮЩEE OБMAH!

COCИTE XУЙ PEБЯTA.
Yea what he said
Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 »
  Print  

Jump to: