Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 04:03:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 [178] 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 ... 272 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] Official Shareholder Discussion Thread [Moderated]  (Read 629719 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
arousedrhino

Activity: 347
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 03:49:49 PM

Its day 30th: where are the promised dividends from all that's been already mined + sold?

I invested 9BTC in this a year ago and have yet to see any return AT ALL.

When did Ken say there would be dividends by the end of the month? I don't recall that I could be wrong though.

I doubt there will be dividends soon, in all likelyhood the mined coins will need to be used to continue running the business, but we don't have any idea about the cash on had so thats pure speculation. We really need a financial report to even see if providing dividends is possible given the companies current state.
bitlind

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 04:22:09 PM

Mr Slaughter, this is what a financial report looks like, take note

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12wJMe3A6Ie8ris86m2OJ_1vucurdcVtM3fDkNCjKIRI/edit?usp=sharing
knybe

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

decentralize EVERYTHING...

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 04:39:57 PM
Last edit: May 30, 2014, 06:56:12 PM by knybe

It would be awesome if ken did have some magic up his sleeve but time and time again he has proven that he simply is not an A-list player. He doesn't possess that special something that makes for a successful business, hell he can't even communicate properly with people who've entrusted him with a lot of money.

There really isn't anything he can do to turn this around, all milestones for that have long since passed.

You may all be better off to not get your hopes up too high anymore, that way it won't hurt so bad when this lipsticked pig wipes off the makeup.
kleeck

Activity: 532

https://karatcoin.co

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:29:04 PM

It would be awesome if ken did have some magic up his sleeve but time and time again he had proven that he simply is not an A-list player. He doesn't posses that special something that makes for a successful business, hell he can't even communicate properly with people who've entrusted him with a lot of money.

There really isn't anything he can do to turn this around, all milestones for that have long since passed.

You may all be better off to not get your hopes up too high anymore, that way it won't hurt so bad when this lipsticked pig wipes off the makeup.

Interesting enough to me is one of my posts has not been deleted and censored.  Looking back, it appears the censor Nazi's aren't deleting other realistic posts that are in a negative light.  Has zum and Vince begun to distance themselves a little from the cork they continuously placed atop the ActiveScam wine bottle?  Surely this post will be censored?

It's really not complicated. There are known trolls that get deleted. Allowing for trolls to pump noise into the mix would be stupid, so it isn't allowed. They get removed and any post quoting them gets deleted. It isn't about negative posts, it's about nonsense posting. I'd go so far as to say that some trolls have raised good points, but they lost their right to post to this thread by proving to be way too much noise and not enough substance.

█ █████       ▄████▀▄██▀
  █ █████     ▄████▀███▀
  █ █████    ████▀███▀
  █ █████  ▄███▀███▓
  █ █████▄███▀████▀
  █ ███████▀████▀
  █ █████▀▄█████▄
  █ ███▀▄█████████▄
  █ █▀▄██ ▀█████████▄
  █ ▄████   ▀███████▀█▄   
  █ █████     ▀███▀▄████▄
  █ █████       ▀▄████████▄

█████                   
                ▄███  █  ███▄               
             ███      █      ███             
         ▄███         █         ███▄         
       ██    ███████████████████    ██       
    ████            ██ ██            ████   
    ██             █     █             ██   
    █ █           █       █           █ █   
    █ ██         █         █         ██ █   
    █  ██      ██           ██      ██  █   
    █   ██    ██             ██    ██   █   
    █    ██  ██               ██  ██    █   
    █     █ ██                 ██ █     █   
    █     █████████████████████████     █   
    █  ███  ██                 ██  ███  █   
    ███       █               █       ███   
      ███      ██           ██      ███     
         ███     █         █     ███         
            ▀███  ██     ██  ███▀           
                ▀████   ████▀               
▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
bitlind

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:46:33 PM

It would be awesome if ken did have some magic up his sleeve but time and time again he had proven that he simply is not an A-list player. He doesn't posses that special something that makes for a successful business, hell he can't even communicate properly with people who've entrusted him with a lot of money.

Interesting enough to me is one of my posts has not been deleted and censored.  Looking back, it appears the censor Nazi's aren't deleting other realistic posts that are in a negative light.  Has zum and Vince begun to distance themselves a little from the cork they continuously placed atop the ActiveScam wine bottle?  Surely this post will be censored?

It's really not complicated. There are known trolls that get deleted. Allowing for trolls to pump noise into the mix would be stupid, so it isn't allowed. They get removed and any post quoting them gets deleted. It isn't about negative posts, it's about nonsense posting. I'd go so far as to say that some trolls have raised good points, but they lost their right to post to this thread by proving to be way too much noise and not enough substance.

I can agree with this 100%.  Posting gif's and jpg's trying to be cute, though somewhat amusing, is not adding anything to the discussion.  Quote bible versus, making false assumptions, distracting conversation, all are not adding to the discussion.  I guess my shock was my first censor, when I posted something critical of Ken and the lack of transparency and I was deleted.  At that point I pretty much realized what we are dealing with here.  There have been a lot of posts censored that were not trolling, and I am not talking about my post(s).  People who were shareholders were speaking their mind and adding to the discussion their critical views of Mr Slaughter and his complete mismanagement of ActM, yet they were censored.  At which point, I just stopped caring whether there was a censor or not, so did others, and collectively many have realized the sad sad joke this company has become and the investors within it that back it up to no end. 

I have a question for you, you can go see my posts on bitcointa.lk, 98% of them, I felt, were not trolling except for those that attacked the SS Gestapo around here.   The question is, do you feel myself and those like me were actually trolling or were they trying to bring to light the glaring issues with Mr Slaughter?  I'm not talking about the gif and jpg posters, or those who just ran their mouths.  There was constructive criticism and questions being brought about and yet they were censored.
Ozymandias2

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:54:29 PM

I can agree with this 100%.  Posting gif's and jpg's trying to be cute, though somewhat amusing, is not adding anything to the discussion.  Quote bible versus, making false assumptions, distracting conversation, all are not adding to the discussion.  I guess my shock was my first censor, when I posted something critical of Ken and the lack of transparency and I was deleted.  At that point I pretty much realized what we are dealing with here.  There have been a lot of posts censored that were not trolling, and I am not talking about my post(s).  People who were shareholders were speaking their mind and adding to the discussion their critical views of Mr Slaughter and his complete mismanagement of ActM, yet they were censored.  At which point, I just stopped caring whether there was a censor or not, so did others, and collectively many have realized the sad sad joke this company has become and the investors within it that back it up to no end. 

I have a question for you, you can go see my posts on bitcointa.lk, 98% of them, I felt, were not trolling except for those that attacked the SS Gestapo around here.   The question is, do you feel myself and those like me were actually trolling or were they trying to bring to light the glaring issues with Mr Slaughter?  I'm not talking about the gif and jpg posters, or those who just ran their mouths.  There was constructive criticism and questions being brought about and yet they were censored.

I don't remember many of your posts, but from what I've seen, except for the most zealous of mods, the others generally accept posts critical of the situation as long as they are phrased civilly. For example, posts saying that Ken mismanaged the company are acceptable, but posts calling Ken expletives or other insults are not. Even if there is some good points being made against this company, I have seen them deleted because there was a sentence or two at the end  that were just insults.

A little restraint goes a long way. And if you simply must be rude, make two separate posts, one outlining your points civilly and one (that will be deleted) with your insults of choice.
kleeck

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 06:09:17 PM

I'll be honest here, I'm not going to go audit your posting history. I have access to the mod account but rarely use it. When I do it is to remove well known troll posts. If the nature of your post concerning K. Slaughter was unnecessarily inflammatory I could see other mods removing it.

The jist of this is to be respectful. Which is true for many areas of life. In my line of work I both receive and deal out criticisms to parties all over the world and usually no one party leaves these scenarios hating the other, because we maintain respect. It can be done. I understand being frustrated but I am able to be frustrated like an adult - which has a distinctly different look than what we often see on these boards. (Don't be offended by this, MANY a adults don't know how to maintain professionalism while in an emotional state.)

That said, I'd like to point out that no matter how much of a circus these threads turn into it really has no bearing on how well or how poorly Ken is running the company. We can kick and scream about the website and Ken might still be closing a $2MM deal with HF. Or the inverse, we may be super pumped about the eASIC deal while in reality it is completely falling apart.

Honestly, my favorite post is one that Lobbes does that simply tracks the facts - (ironically not posted here). What is Ken late on? What was his last response regarding this matter? How many refunds are outstanding? If I were Ken, running as lean a team as I'm certain he is running, I'd appreciate that checklist in my face at all times, everyday so I'd know where I stood in my shareholder and customer's opinions.

█ █████       ▄████▀▄██▀
  █ █████     ▄████▀███▀
  █ █████    ████▀███▀
  █ █████  ▄███▀███▓
  █ █████▄███▀████▀
  █ ███████▀████▀
  █ █████▀▄█████▄
  █ ███▀▄█████████▄
  █ █▀▄██ ▀█████████▄
  █ ▄████   ▀███████▀█▄   
  █ █████     ▀███▀▄████▄

█████                   
                ▄███  █  ███▄               
             ███      █      ███             
            ▀███  ██     ██  ███▀           
                ▀████   ████▀               
▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
bitlind

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 06:32:56 PM

I hear you guys, and I respect your thoughts.  I just think a moderated thread tied to any company is a bad idea.  All that should be tracked is Ken's posts, nothing more.  A locked thread where only he posts would have been the better avenue.  Group discussion on the webs only bring out the characters, and then you have others trying to assist in toning down the rhetoric.  Next thing you have is the entirety of this thread.

And one of my posts was deleted.  Ok never mind, mods are back in town
lobbes

Activity: 240
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 06:43:31 PM

Don't forget that you can always view this thread from bitcointa.lk:
https://bitcointa.lk/threads/activemining-official-shareholder-discussion-thread-moderated.259468/page-263#post-6738097

Any deleted posts can still be viewed there Smiley
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #V4IUo93NWyzdWMmO

thefunkybits
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 07:09:13 PM

I cannot believe the website hasn't been touched yet. I'm sure it takes a few minutes to take down items we haven't sold and others have even offered to do it for free. I'm all for the hacking idea wildfire has...Ken you should be ashamed of your complete incompetence at running a business, this has gone on far far too long. I can guarantee you replace any one of us shareholders with yourself and we would be getting things done here. What a disgrace!
knybe

Activity: 658

decentralize EVERYTHING...

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 07:16:59 PM

Dear Ken;

here's an example of what we'd like to see regarding ACTM:

Update

Financials
Balance sheet in May 27, 2014:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12wJMe3A6Ie8ris86m2OJ_1vucurdcVtM3fDkNCjKIRI/edit?usp=sharing

Cash flow from Feb 28, 2014 to May 27, 2014:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1phCAhMR-9_AaRXKICfN_M7gw4rI1hsOtRD_6PElmLOM/edit?usp=sharing

Comments about Recent News & Concerns
Policy: The bank deposits and third-party payment systems for Bitcoin exchanges in China are all closed. Workarounds exist (like buying physical cards with deposit code) but the real trading volume is severely affected.

Conversion: We have OTC conversion channels to trade USD for Bitcoins in Hong Kong.
thefunkybits
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 07:17:09 PM

Honestly any one of us could do a better job a CEO of this company. There's spelling and grammar mistakes in literally every single update that Ken has, remember when most of us thought English was his second language? Yeah....
kleeck

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 07:17:59 PM

Dear Ken;

Update

Financials

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1phCAhMR-9_AaRXKICfN_M7gw4rI1hsOtRD_6PElmLOM/edit?usp=sharing

Policy: The bank deposits and third-party payment systems for Bitcoin exchanges in China are all closed. Workarounds exist (like buying physical cards with deposit code) but the real trading volume is severely affected.

Conversion: We have OTC conversion channels to trade USD for Bitcoins in Hong Kong.

+1 with one caveat, please have less negative values in places we'd like to see positive ones. Grin

█ █████       ▄████▀▄██▀
  █ █████     ▄████▀███▀
  █ █████    ████▀███▀
  █ █████  ▄███▀███▓
  █ █████▄███▀████▀
  █ ███████▀████▀
  █ █████▀▄█████▄
  █ ███▀▄█████████▄
  █ █▀▄██ ▀█████████▄
  █ ▄████   ▀███████▀█▄   
  █ █████     ▀███▀▄████▄

█████                   
                ▄███  █  ███▄               
             ███      █      ███             
            ▀███  ██     ██  ███▀           
                ▀████   ████▀               
▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Ozymandias2

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 07:23:18 PM

Dear Ken;

Update

Financials

+1 with one caveat, please have less negative values in places we'd like to see positive ones. Grin

That thread is a bit of a trainwreck right now. AM has made me a good amount of btc (which I was brilliant [/s for those that need it spelled out for them] enough to dump entirely into ActM) and was one of the better managed companies in the btc space, so watching them in their current state is... for lack of better term, interesting.
zumzero

Activity: 602

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 08:10:51 PM
Last edit: May 30, 2014, 08:56:34 PM by zumzero

Honestly any one of us could do a better job a CEO of this company. There's spelling and grammar mistakes in literally every single update that Ken has, remember when most of us thought English was his second language? Yeah....

So why haven't we?  It's seems to me the majority are quite happy in their role as armchair CEO and don't have that same ambition people like Ken have.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Armchair%20CEO

Remember Danny Brewster was a fantastic speller wrote in perfect English and kept his shareholders very happy right up to the end of the failed business.  If Ken succeeds which one would you rather have?  Yeah....

Don't forget that you can always view this thread from bitcointa.lk:
https://bitcointa.lk/threads/activemining-official-shareholder-discussion-thread-moderated.259468/page-263#post-6738097

Any deleted posts can still be viewed there Smiley
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #V4IUo93NWyzdWMmO

What a fantastic resource!  Take a look at pages 16,17,18,19,20 and keep going to see EXACTLY how effective the mods have been at removing the trolls.  It is quite staggering to see the number of troll posts which have been deleted.  Do take a look guys.

Edit;  and before there are any confrontational comments, as is the norm after I post, go find the other mods and ask them if they have ever deleted a post and then noticed that 'Zum' got the blame for deleting it.  Also ask them if they've ever posted as ActM Thread and noticed that people assumed I had made the post.  

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
kokoarm

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 08:36:29 PM

But danny was a scammer. They have to be efficient to scam well.

You are the only one who thinks everything Ken  does is gold dust? With a good ceo we would be rich now. You admit that at least?
zumzero

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 08:50:26 PM
Last edit: May 30, 2014, 10:20:39 PM by zumzero

I don't think that the sun shines out of Kens arse like many assume.  We are what we are and have what we have and need to make the best from what we've got.  My job is to do exactly that because in doing so I directly improve the chances of becoming rich from my investment.  I'm not an armchair CEO but pull my finger out my arse and get things done.  If that means taking flack for appearing overly optimistic then so be it, but remember I might just be clever enough to allow my posts to portray, not what I am, but what I need to be.

Edit;  this is quite a tricky time for shareholders.  On one hand we know that we 'could' be only a stones throw away from a major announcement which, allied to the anticipated Bitcoin adoption wave would undoubtedly send ActM so far outside of Earth's orbit that we would have to shout to be heard and on the other, we might suddenly find ourselves, if no HF deal is realised, with a CEO suddenly asking himself why he didn't update the website and build a DC which could handle heat properly, when he had the chance.

So, for me, I actually take encouragement in Kens recent news blackout.  He has posted weekly updates for a long time now and recently told us that he is committed to the new Q&A structure.  This recent change from him tells us something.  I think perhaps Ken feels this is an all or nothing deal and right now, and therefore keeping the high maintenance shareholders sleeping well at night is actually way down his list of priorities.  Time will tell of course, but I for one am as comfortable with my investment as I've ever been.  Smiley

kokoarm

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 09:09:24 PM

You don't need to swear like that to me or pretend you are the cleverest here. Everyone plays a game on this forum it does not make them special.

I don't think what you have done by backing up everything ken has done does us all any favour. People try to question ken the CEO but you say its OK he is doing great. He isnt doing great but you always say he is and I think he gets the wrong idea about how people feel because you say its all good to him. Let people ask and say what's wrong and maybe ken will act instead of rely on you to bail him out every time.

What you do doesn't make you more likely to be rich, only what ken does effects that and you say he doing great! This thread is nothing to him as we see. I await reply about cryptostocks. Still.
zumzero

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 09:38:04 PM
Last edit: May 30, 2014, 10:10:36 PM by zumzero

I didn't swear.  Swearing is allowed.  I'm not pretending to be the cleverest, Marcel Popescu is.  I'm not playing a game but am special like we all are.  I haven't backed up everything Ken has done and have been highly critical at times. I didn't say and don't believe he is doing great. Ken doesn't think the shareholders are all happy because of the nature of my posts.  People do actually say what is wrong in this thread and I encouraged a weekly Q&A. Ken doesn't rely on me bailing him out.  I can actually improve my chances of making money from this investment by being proactive.  This thread means a lot to Ken because he can gauge shareholder sentiment from it.

Hope that helps.

Edit;  I sat back last week and just read this thread and what I noticed is that the moment someone posts anything remotely positive then there's a barrage of disillusioned shareholders ready to challenge them and have a right go.  Far from what you might believe this thread is saturated by the tears that fall from DTS's omnicloud and very occasionally the sun hits at just the right angle to allow us a moment of hope that Ken being a bad speller won't see our demise.  There are happy times ahead guys and all will be forgiven, I'm sure.  Smiley

kokoarm

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 10:01:10 PM

I didn't swear.  Swearing is allowed.  I'm not pretending to be the cleverest, Marcel Popescu is.  I'm not playing a game but am special like we all are.  I haven't backed up everything Ken has done and have been highly critical at times. I didn't say and don't believe he is doing great. Ken doesn't think the shareholders are all happy because of the nature of my posts.  People do actually say what is wrong in this thread and I encouraged a weekly Q&A. Ken doesn't rely on me bailing him out.  I can actually improve my chances of making money from this investment by being proactive.  This thread means a lot to Ken because he can gauge shareholder sentiment from it.

Hope that helps.

Helps? In what way could it help me? You are being sarcastic to entice me to argue? And yes swearing in a reply to me. Anyways do what you want you are not playing a game but said you were in the post before so I'm confused. Too much for me.

quote from you---

'I might just be clever enough to allow my posts to portray, not what I am, but what I need to be'
Pages: « 1 ... 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 [178] 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 ... 272 »
  Print  

Jump to: