Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 09:12:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do older people like investing in Gold/Silver?  (Read 5219 times)
@bamaricibo

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 11:45:59 AM

Because they are older and no longer passionate and ambitious with illusions, they want to secure their capital. They do not want to lose money in these markets.
shulio
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 12:12:01 PM

Because gold and silver are still using in the production and they will be like this for a long time. They also do not get old, so they keep their value.
TranTrongit

Activity: 340
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2018, 12:34:54 PM

gold and silver .. precious metals are a real asset.  has been recognized for thousands of years.  And it is a place to store assets quite safe and practical.  Unlike stock market or crypto.  It requires so much skill knowledge and plenty of risk.
SearchingforS

Activity: 238

“The Future of Security Tokens”

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 01:38:43 PM

It's a kind of investment that they are used to and we can't blame them for it. I also think there is reason to do so because in our world everything is changing quite fast, but some things, like precious metals and real estate, almost always have a good price.

Bondho Kompeni

Activity: 507
Merit: 250

Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 01:41:40 PM

I'm sure the strongest reason for older people investing in gold and silver is because gold / silver is the oldest investment that has existed since thousands of years ago and certainly can last until the world is over, gold and silver never like bitcoin or other commodities so invest gold / silver is the most appropriate choice.

▄
                 ▄██▄
              ▄█████▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄█████▀█████▄
       █████▀░░▀█████
        ▀██▀░▄█▄░▀██▀
                █████
        ▄██▄░▀█▀░▄██▄
       █████▄░░▄█████
        ▀█████▄█████▀
           ▀████████▀
              ▀█████▀
                 ▀██▀
                    ▀
AIGO
Adoption Blockchain
e-Commerce to World

..Find Us!:..

▄███▄
▀███▀

▄███▄    ▄██▄    ▄█████▄
█████    ████▄██████████▄
█████    ████████████████
█████    ███████▀  ███████
█████    █████▀      ██████
█████    █████        █████
▀███▀    ▀███▀        ▀███▀

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
julius caesar

Activity: 644
Merit: 127

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 01:48:03 PM

I think they see these as the real asset that do not depreciate with time, so they feel more secure about it. And their generation is use to the gold and silver as been the real valuable asset of security.

Well even my parents see this things a very important one, they are essential mineral which we can use for marketing and we can even sell this as exchange to money if we will encounter emergency scenarios in our live will make us move to sell our things. Gold and silver turns to be the jewelries which both sexes see not only for accessories but an investment which is great, since it increase in price.

tothanhtuan

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 02:43:49 PM

If i have lots of money , i will definetely invest in both Gold/silver , because they are real and valuable assets, something that i can hold in my hands rather than some virtual coins that i don't see or touch.
wiro 212

Activity: 218

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 03:54:10 PM

I'm not one who would invest in precious metals, but I have noticed that a good amount of the older generations are pretty keen in investing in these metals. They see it as a way to bet against the market, and a security that will always be safe -- even in the times of a market downturn/country failure as a whole.

I personally wouldn't even want to buy these metals in those events, as I don't see the reason to. I'd rather invest in securities that go up when the market shits itself (Payroll lending companies and so on and so forth)

Does anyone here know the reason behind people loving precious metals?

Gold has a physical shape and can be touched, and gold has a price stability, and I think that's the reason why older people prefer gold investment.
KuromaYoichi

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 04:02:18 PM

Because it has been used as a store of value since a long time ago and it actually has physical form so they really have it, with crypto and other digital investment that's not physical they will feel like they don't own it. It is also one of the safest form of investment and older people prefer stability instead of higher return.

.The DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.300% APY on USDT Deposits.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
alroys

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 04:11:57 PM

Parents prefer to invest in precious metals Gold and silver, because it is a real investment with real goods can be seen. And these investments are safer than Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency investments, although these investments do not give a higher value expectation than Bitcoin. And also the old man is not like the people of today, who follow the development of the times and technology.
jhon15

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 05:23:19 PM

I'm not one who would invest in precious metals, but I have noticed that a good amount of the older generations are pretty keen in investing in these metals. They see it as a way to bet against the market, and a security that will always be safe -- even in the times of a market downturn/country failure as a whole.

I personally wouldn't even want to buy these metals in those events, as I don't see the reason to. I'd rather invest in securities that go up when the market shits itself (Payroll lending companies and so on and so forth)

Does anyone here know the reason behind people loving precious metals?

The reason may be very easy, because when the parents are young there is no other investment is guaranteed and very safe unless investing in gold or silver,

virarara

Activity: 136

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 05:38:35 PM

Maybe they already know about gold and silver. Because investing in gold and silver is profitable, although the benefits of gold and silver are not as big as bitcoin.
trand

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2018, 05:41:02 PM

Because their whole life are gold and silver. You know, they have rule the world for likely a century. That is why they love to invest their money in gold/silver. They are safe for them and they believe that they can earn money from holding it in a long term

mdw1962

Activity: 27

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 06:18:54 PM

Guarantee profit for long term investment, thats is the main reason. Actually thats is the best way of saving wealth. While fita price is fall because of inflation but gold and silver price are tend to increase. No big risk in it if they know how to save it. Need at least two years to earn profit in gold and silver investment.
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 07:14:00 PM

Thats closely true fact as I have seen my parents doing that all the time. They always try to buy gold whenever the prices for them are dipping a little.

Well they are now old and they have seen the gold pricing at half of what it is today! So they believe in its continuous growth and who would agree upon that.

I have also read one article where it does mention that the Gold rate always increase by around 7-9% each year and its so true this year as well since the gold prices has soared up a lot.

May be they have seen the real profits (and stable) thats why they invest in it.
I would not blame them and if I am in their shoes at their age, I would rather be considering less risky investments when they only have few times left anyway and I always see them as still living in a borrowed age. As per their experience they do still consider gold and silver are consistent performers in terms of sustaining storage of value and due to gaining decent returns for the capital.

Even some young guys find it hard to catch up with how fast things are going technologically, let alone, older generations that their brains will find it very hard to even absorb how things are being down technologically, and would rather not want to take too much risk.
Not only that, from the point of view of an investor it makes sense to invest in gold and silver, financial advisors say that when you are young you can take more risks because if you were to fail you still have a lot of time to recover that lost money or to wait for the market to recover, but if you are near retirement age or you are retired you need to take a safer approach and gold is perfect for that.
Sier86

Activity: 154

X-Block.io

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 08:04:39 PM

Gold/Silver is currency for many years and its value only grow. It is not just metall but gold/silver is used in engineering and tech. At least this investment will not cost null next day if something happen to economy or world situation

X-Block.io
BTC-BTC-BTC
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

www.neutroncoin.com

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 08:39:14 PM

I like cryto currencies. But, you never know also have a back up plan with gold and silver.  Especially during bad time gold and silver will performance the best
Zarangozang

Activity: 162

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 09:32:12 PM

Gold has a fairly high value of prestige, in addition to beautiful glow that also support the appearance. If that's what makes people in the past vying to have gold jewelry. This interest continues today, as evidenced by the 78% annual supply of gold in the world used for jewelry making.
Gold can also be bought for long-term investments. Can be in the form of jewelry, gold bars, and coins.
The advantage is investing with gold that is not affected inflation. In fact, the selling value tends to increase every year. The difference between the purchase price and the selling price is the profit opportunity. Not infrequently, gold savings are used for future planning.
Lagrood

Activity: 728

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 09:37:19 PM

You may have a look at the gold chart and you will see that gold has very long term positive trend. I think that it is a crucial criteria why people invest in gold. Moreover every amateur investor knows that gold is a safe asset especially in crisis periods of time.
Eigig

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 10:12:12 PM

Older people would like to invest in gold and silver ,especially jewelries , this is because of ancestral pattern ,from foreparents in which if they can aquired big amount of money , they immediately invest it to gold and silver ,especially the wife would like to buy gold necklaces, earrings ,rings of different design , this is a herritage attitude of this older poeple of investing gold and silver,
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: