Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 06:22:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do older people like investing in Gold/Silver?  (Read 5219 times)
AK47-

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 05:01:07 PM

I'm not one who would invest in precious metals, but I have noticed that a good amount of the older generations are pretty keen in investing in these metals. They see it as a way to bet against the market, and a security that will always be safe -- even in the times of a market downturn/country failure as a whole.

I personally wouldn't even want to buy these metals in those events, as I don't see the reason to. I'd rather invest in securities that go up when the market shits itself (Payroll lending companies and so on and so forth)

Does anyone here know the reason behind people loving precious metals?
Old people tend to play safe.

They see it in terms of risk reward. Older people tend to go for low risk investment such as precious metals and property. They are less risky in comparison to other investment assets. But the reward is less too. Old people doesn't need much now as their aspirations and desires are almost fulfilled. Also, they are not much risk inclines as compared to younger generation who wants maximum returns in lesser time.
qwerty12

Activity: 313
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 06:36:22 PM

I think that is because investment in precious metals such as gold and silver is easily liquefied. I think that is why older generations tend to prefer to invest in precious metals, because the form and type of other investments have a tendency to be more difficult to liquefy or can only be claimed at certain times. Unlike the case with gold or silver investments that provide flexibility for these investment holders to be able to withdraw it into cash in a relatively easy way and a relatively short time and more flexible than other types of investment.
ntarah langger

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 06:52:06 PM

the problem is very simple, because this is the investment that pumps the heart.
hence, seniors are not advised to invest here, otherwise they can get a heart attack and die suddenly. Cheesy Cheesy
Stac

Activity: 419
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 07:35:53 PM

Older people like investing in GOld/ silver, real estates and so on, may be because crypto currencies are a new topic for them and they will be skeptical in entering the network as it does not have any physical existence and fear of losing their money if they invest on a thing which does not have a physical form. Older generations are not tech savoy that may be another reason for not entering into the crypto currency market. I will not say that all the older people think alike as I know there are certain older generation who accepts new technology and are keen to learn new things and involved in the crypto currency network.

longyenthanh

Activity: 1221

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 08:10:34 PM

I replied some time ago about it but for me it is easier than i thought, elderly people invest in gold/ silver cause it is material, they could touch the thing that they had put the money into, in crypto is different, they can't understand how something on internet could have a value of thousands of dollars.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

BTCballa

Activity: 152
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 08:32:11 PM

I'm not one who would invest in precious metals, but I have noticed that a good amount of the older generations are pretty keen in investing in these metals. They see it as a way to bet against the market, and a security that will always be safe -- even in the times of a market downturn/country failure as a whole.

I personally wouldn't even want to buy these metals in those events, as I don't see the reason to. I'd rather invest in securities that go up when the market shits itself (Payroll lending companies and so on and so forth)

Does anyone here know the reason behind people loving precious metals?
For older people it is so much easier to imagine something like gold which is having a price in itself, than to imagine bitcoin which is having an agreed price of people who are ready to pay for it, it is something too complicated for them to acknowledge.
quichiship

Activity: 69

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 10:31:15 AM

One of the reasons why people like to invest in gold in my opinion:
because gold is free of tax and administration
Property, Vehicles, Bonds, Shares, Artworks, Bank Interests and others are subject to various taxes and routine administrative costs. The more assets you have, the higher your taxes and your costs. Not to mention the cost of care, depreciation of property values and unexpected costs. But not with Gold.
gold is free of those costs.
I think from time to time the situation is now changing. Now I think that even old people are taking interest in bitcoin and that is very positive approach about bitcoin. I think that very soon we will see such people in trading bitcoin who mostly trade gold and silver. I think that very soon they will also start taking interest in trading bitcoin and other crypto currencies.
tukang_rosok

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 10:45:41 AM

Maybe this is because people who are older or more alive than us prefer to invest in silver and gold maybe this is because gold and silver are better known to them than this digital currency and again they are more confident in gold and silver
or maybe they dont understand yet about opportunity that available in cryptocurrency market.if compare the risk, it have same big risk.but cryptocurrency provide more profit potency.
ammo121810

Activity: 325
Merit: 136

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 10:59:09 AM

Older people preferred investing in gold and silver because it is already traditional for them and they can manage their investment much easier. Most of the older people now are not aware of the technology and they might not even know how to invest in crypto currencies.

nisya

Activity: 318
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 05:13:31 AM

I think the older people thinking about the stability of the investment and they don't want to see their investment is up and down in everytime. besides that, they need safety conditions for their investment and they see that gold/silver can do this so far. maybe we can educate them about cryptocurrency so they can start to know cryptocurrency and they can move some of their money to invest in the cryptocurrency.
alexlee4694

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 05:32:40 AM

Because they are more likely to see that their investment is definitely not going to be a scam. Bitcoin investment in metal product investment such as gold and silver is different. Bitcoin is a digital currency available in many ways, gold and silver have a stable price and price increases depending on demand and supply like bitcoin.they may have confidence that investing with cryptocurrency is very risky.they have been able to enjoy the benefits of cryptocurrency, they will divert some of their treasures or precious metals to be invested into cryptocurrency.
SHAWN-MIDWAYS

Activity: 686
Merit: 521

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 12:31:38 PM

Maybe this is because people who are older or more alive than us prefer to invest in silver and gold maybe this is because gold and silver are better known to them than this digital currency and again they are more confident in gold and silver
or maybe they dont understand yet about opportunity that available in cryptocurrency market.if compare the risk, it have same big risk.but cryptocurrency provide more profit potency.

Maybe they never use bitcoin that's the reasons why they love to invest with Gold and silver i believe once they came to know about bitcoin they'll surely move to cryptocurrencies.
Also, bitcoin is not physically existed we can’t touch it and we invest online where we can be scammed easily.
Where Gold and Silver exists and we can touch it we give our own security on it.
Domanity

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 12:56:17 PM

Gold is a real item, and it's safer than investing in Bitcoin. Of course parents, whose knowledge of technology is lacking, brands prefer to invest in Gold. Let alone to invest in Bitcoin, just introduced bitcoin they will not believe.
drm
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 12:58:12 PM

They don't understand or do not want/need to understand, silver and gold have been the constants in their life.
Rufsilf

Activity: 1736
Merit: 309

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 01:13:56 PM

One of the reason why they are investing their money in gold and silver is they want to have an investment but they don't want to get into a high risk investment that could be the reason for them to lose a lot of money and that is the reason for them to just be putting money in gold and silver and they are not believing into cryptocurrencies because for them, it is a scam.
dams87

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 01:25:58 PM

the reason people invest in gold or silver is because of the low level of risk and not only investment but can be used as jewelry so as to increase the wearer's prestige.
Bessta

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 01:29:35 PM

Older people are not used to investing on volatile investments, they are not as risk takers as the millenials. They believe that bitcoin and other alt coins are scam.They are more keen in investing on gold  because its price is stable.

HYDAX EXCHANGE BOUNTY ANN
A Secure, Efficient, Simple Cryptocurrency Exchange
Exchange Futures & Options IEO APP Community
petrobit

Activity: 148
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 02:25:52 PM

I think that they perceive gold and silver as absolutely reliable assets. they grew and formed at a time when it really was so. In addition, understanding crypto requires minimal computer knowledge.

▬[  dClinic.io  ]▬   
▌ A Comprehensive Healthcare Ecosystem Powered by Blockchain  ▌
▬▬  PRE SALE ENDS 15th OCTOBER▬▬ | Twitter  | Telegram  | ANN  | Medium  | LinkedIn  | Facebook| ▬▬
conected

Activity: 1302
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 02:36:36 PM

Older people preferred investing in gold and silver because it is already traditional for them and they can manage their investment much easier. Most of the older people now are not aware of the technology and they might not even know how to invest in crypto currencies.
- Yeah, old people always have very traditional thoughts, things are always in a certain mold, and they conveyed these old ideas to us, typically in gold and silver, these are very popular products in the past, bring a lot of profit and maintain for a long time. Therefore, nothing is strange when they like to invest in it, plus, as you say, older people are very technologically blind, they feel the technology is very troublesome and it makes them very upset, more precisely, they hate it and of course, they will not invest in it

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
Vinalians

Activity: 819
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 04:12:03 PM

older or elders like that because that is the only thing or investment that they knew and they trusted it since the beginning and like us we trust bitcoin because it gives us profit when we invested on it right. So elders like gold and silvers because that's the only thing that they have.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: