Bitcoin Forum
May 31, 2024, 02:05:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do older people like investing in Gold/Silver?  (Read 5215 times)
Jaydis

Activity: 81
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 04:18:00 PM

Because they are more likely to see that their investment is definitely not going to be a scam. Bitcoin investment in metal product investment such as gold and silver is different. Bitcoin is a digital currency available in many ways, gold and silver have a stable price and price increases depending on demand and supply like bitcoin. More than the bad news that spreads today affects bitcoin so they prefer to invest in gold and silver.

They can be also scammed with those metals. There are 2 things I am thinking while reading the question it is 1st is the gesture on investing to the Physical mining company to harvest Gold or Silver. and then 2nd is purchasing those metals. well Old people are OLD they like old ways and they feel more secure to held the items. that is why they prefer this stuff.
hawkins

Activity: 1204
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 04:19:32 PM

older or elders like that because that is the only thing or investment that they knew and they trusted it since the beginning and like us we trust bitcoin because it gives us profit when we invested on it right. So elders like gold and silvers because that's the only thing that they have.
most likely they are more comfortable to invest in physical form than digital. well, for sure, the risk of having a physical investment tool such as gold or silver has very little risk, and there is a possibility that the price will actually increase.
markj113
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 04:19:57 PM

Precious metals remove all 3rd party risk.

Its funds held outside the system, no electricity, network or computer needed, totally anonymous if purchased privately.

Gold never degrades, spoils and will last for ever, bury a coin and dig it up in 100 years and it will look the same and still hold value.

Dont discount gold that has been a store of wealth for thousands of years just because crypto popped up a few years back.  

May be a case of older and wiser over the young being smarter and knowing everything?
BCSHonda

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 09:04:01 PM

One of the reason why they are investing their money in gold and silver is they want to have an investment but they don't want to get into a high risk investment that could be the reason for them to lose a lot of money and that is the reason for them to just be putting money in gold and silver and they are not believing into cryptocurrencies because for them, it is a scam.
Simple old people still have old thoughts. They know to see property in front of them. Electronic money is just numbers and they do not see them. And gold and silver can be held in the hands that can not be lost, that is their thinking about the property.
Pablobiz

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 10:38:52 PM

The reason is not far-fetched. Gold/Silver are resources that have established prices. They have a more stable price compared to Bitcoin and other Crypto-coins. Old people always want to play safe, especially in the aspect of finances. Investing in Bitcoin looks like gambling while, imvesting in Gold seems like an asset. I can tell you many don't buy the idea of gambling, so they dont get interested by Crypto-happenimgs.
Agapelove

Activity: 425

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 11:21:57 PM

Simply because the price of gold and silver are very stable in nature, unlike cryptocurrency coins which are very volatile in nature.

And another reason is generation. During their times they get good returns on gold, and there is bitcoins during that time. These gold and silver investment are already proven good investment, why change.
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 12:39:28 AM

Maybe this is because people who are older or more alive than us prefer to invest in silver and gold maybe this is because gold and silver are better known to them than this digital currency and again they are more confident in gold and silver
or maybe they dont understand yet about opportunity that available in cryptocurrency market.if compare the risk, it have same big risk.but cryptocurrency provide more profit potency.
Because what they know is only that type of investment, you know that gold and silver have been excellent investments in the world for decades, that's why older people are now more familiar with gold for investment, because they only know about that investment? they don't know bitcoin and property?
toolucky98

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 01:46:21 AM

maybe it is because of their mindset that gold is a valuable item, because of its rarity, they think that when have golds, they have rare items that can be sold with a high price one day, there are many forms of investments, which in my opinion is better and more profitable, but i think it is because of their mindset
flowers5

Activity: 192

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 02:19:49 AM

Gold and silvers price has been stable for 1000's of years.  Bitcoins price has never been stable.  Older folks like stability.  Bitcoin is way to wild of a ride and way to new and technologically challenging.  May be like the turtle and the rabbit story.  The race could be closer than you think. 

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1217

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 02:26:38 AM

I think it is wrong to say that it is mostly older people who invest in Bitcoins. I myself have invested in gold, and a large majority of my friends have also done the same. But old people tend to invest in just one or two assets, while the younger ones are more diverse minded.
shelemiah31

Activity: 43

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 02:48:22 AM

Maybe because the know the great value of gold or silver.They can sell it or pawn it anytime they need money.
juperos

Activity: 459

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 02:51:35 AM

I'm not one who would invest in precious metals, but I have noticed that a good amount of the older generations are pretty keen in investing in these metals. They see it as a way to bet against the market, and a security that will always be safe -- even in the times of a market downturn/country failure as a whole.

I personally wouldn't even want to buy these metals in those events, as I don't see the reason to. I'd rather invest in securities that go up when the market shits itself (Payroll lending companies and so on and so forth)

Does anyone here know the reason behind people loving precious metals?
They do not want to invest in technology because they do not understand technology. Each person has a circle of knowledge, and investment in that circle will bring safety to each person.
They will invest in gold and silver because they understand that its value will increase over time.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
ninokh

Activity: 178
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 03:53:29 AM

in my opinion because the parents did not understand the progress of the times and technology. and they also don't understand how to invest in the modern world now. they know only precious metals like gold and silver that have been used and loved by everyone for centuries. and they also think investing in gold is safer than investing in crypto. investing in gold is safe and has a low risk of loss. but the profits generated from gold are very small. because gold prices are now relatively stable.

───────          PAND Deflationary Token (One People – One Token)          ───────
───────          Community Owne (https://pand.finance/)
mware

Activity: 390
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 03:57:09 AM

Gold/Silver they’re one of the few physical assets left you can hold, have no counter party risk, are still private and the price will not go down. older people know that give a lot of profit
erzascarlet_30

Activity: 210
Merit: 42

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2018, 06:02:19 AM

My grandma always said to me that "Gold will always be Gold." Maybe that's why older people really like precious metals because they never get old. They always have a value, never been out, prices are always great and whenever you need them to be turn out to money, you can get it anytime. That's why precious metals are investment for life, you can never get wrong with it. Older ones might not know crypto world on their time but i think more old people are richer today because of precious metals.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      SWIPE      │      Monetizing Mobile Engagement Data     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit       ▄▄▄▄▄▄
acener

Activity: 1274
Merit: 115

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 06:22:00 AM

I'm not one who would invest in precious metals, but I have noticed that a good amount of the older generations are pretty keen in investing in these metals. They see it as a way to bet against the market, and a security that will always be safe -- even in the times of a market downturn/country failure as a whole.

I personally wouldn't even want to buy these metals in those events, as I don't see the reason to. I'd rather invest in securities that go up when the market shits itself (Payroll lending companies and so on and so forth)

Does anyone here know the reason behind people loving precious metals?

Simply because older people aren't well informed with what cryptocurrency is. I believe that they choose gold and silver over crypto because cryptocurrency would be needing enough knowledge about the advanced technology which is quite hard for older people to attain.

Kokakolla

Activity: 55

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 06:35:03 AM

Everybody knows that Gold Silver is the long-term investment and they are always the secure investment out there. But taking a bit of risk can be much more profitable because saving your Gold for 10 years is equivalent to taking rest for 1 year. And all have heard is they are much more secure than anything in the world. Old people really like investing in gold and silver than even on the banks. they will put all of the money in Gold if possible. Old peoples have a lot of experience with their is true because.
nisya

Activity: 318

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 06:45:42 AM

maybe since the last year, some of older people already invest their money in bitcoin and not just investing in gold and silver only. this is only happening to people who have a good vision for the future, and they can think that in the future, technology will grow fast and bitcoin is one of the new technology that invented. they can invest their money in bitcoin right now, or they still want to wait for another time.
Dianafangki

Activity: 207

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 07:07:51 AM

because these commodities are stable and slowly increasing, price fluctuations are not too tight and they feel comfortable with them.
but if they still like challenges with active asset turnover, they will switch to bitcoin and forex stocks. It's just about mindset
parents prefer something that is comfortable and not too risky.
enwi

Activity: 574
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2018, 10:57:49 AM

Older people prefer to invest in gold or silver because on their day gold is the best investment and will be more profitable and many of them still believe that gold is the best because they don't know or don't want to invest in crypto currencies, where crypto currencies have a high risk and it is difficult for them to use it

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: