Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:26:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bittrex - Next generation exchange (btc/ltc/eac/ppc/rdd/ftc/and more)  (Read 167684 times)
MrZ28s

Activity: 475
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 06:35:23 AM

poloniex beside US too, but they aren't act like Bittrex and scam their users. at least Bittrex should wearing their users and give them time to withdraw their funds. that is if Bittrex was a lighnt exchange.

https://news.bitcoin.com/cryptocurrency-exchange-poloniex-bought-circle/

Poloniex will change too.

Bittrex is preparing to cater for the big big growth phase - the wallstreet traders. For that they have to have a higher standard of compliance and it will put them under further scrutiny.

I believe that exchanges that are of vague owneship or country of residence like HITbtc, Binance and Yobit may become increasingly a target for regulators.

In order to become a mainstream accepted exchange they have to comply with a variety of existing laws and increasing regulation.

HiTbtc is based in Europe? Binance is in Malta and that place is very friendly to crypto. And Yobit is I guess in Russia? Ffs, Yobit should cease to exist. It is a shame that the Russian government is not shutting that scammy exchnage. Yobit don't deserve to be mentioned with exchanges like Binance and Hitbtc. Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xtraelv
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1924

฿ear ride on the rainbow slide

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 12:55:02 PM
Last edit: May 07, 2018, 01:24:26 PM by xtraelv

poloniex beside US too, but they aren't act like Bittrex and scam their users. at least Bittrex should wearing their users and give them time to withdraw their funds. that is if Bittrex was a lighnt exchange.

Bittrex is preparing to cater for the big big growth phase - the wallstreet traders. For that they have to have a higher standard of compliance and it will put them under further scrutiny.

I believe that exchanges that are of vague owneship or country of residence like HITbtc, Binance and Yobit may become increasingly a target for regulators.

In order to become a mainstream accepted exchange they have to comply with a variety of existing laws and increasing regulation.

HiTbtc is based in Europe? Binance is in Malta and that place is very friendly to crypto. And Yobit is I guess in Russia? Ffs, Yobit should cease to exist. It is a shame that the Russian government is not shutting that scammy exchnage. Yobit don't deserve to be mentioned with exchanges like Binance and Hitbtc. Grin

HITbtc UK company registration looks suspicious because it appears they never lodged any financial accounts and got deregistered for failing to file. Since then they moved to Hong Kong registration:
Hit Solution Limited
Unit 19, 7/F., One Midtown No.11 Hoi Shing Road,
Tsuen Wan, New Territories, Hong Kong

Binance has been running into a lot of legal trouble lately in Asia — in Hong Kong, China, and Japan, where it primarily operates. Binance was one of the seven cryptocurrency exchanges that received a warning letter from the Securities and Futures Commission https://thenextweb.com/hardfork/2018/03/23/binance-europe-japan-hong-kong-china/  

If you read the Binance TOS it states: The operator of BINANCE means the legal entity that, recognized by law, operates the networking platform. - but it fails to state who that operator is.  Zhao Changpeng lives in hotel rooms and the exchange is in an undisclosed location.
I like their platform and their service appears to be reliable. But I am concious that there may problems locating the operator if things go wrong - or if the authorities crack down on licensing.

Yobit is based somewhere in Russia and despite their bad reputation I have had some surprisingly positive experiences with them.  

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09239668/filing-history was formed later and also dissolved. Then the company moved to Hong Kong.
Lack of registration is also confirmed here: https://digiconomist.net/fraud-risk-assessment-hitbtc

We are surrounded by legends on this forum. Phenomenal successes and catastrophic failures. Then there are the scams. This forum is a digital museum.  
* The most iconic historic bitcointalk threads.* Satoshi * Cypherpunks*MtGox*Bitcointalk hacks*pHiShInG* Silk Road*Pirateat40*Knightmb*Miner shams*Forum scandals*BBCode*
Troll spotting*Thank you to madnessteat for my custom avatar hat.
thedreamer
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 12:32:05 PM

HITbtc UK company registration looks suspicious because it appears they never lodged any financial accounts and got deregistered for failing to file. Since then they moved to Hong Kong registration:
Hit Solution Limited
Unit 19, 7/F., One Midtown No.11 Hoi Shing Road,
Tsuen Wan, New Territories, Hong Kong

Binance has been running into a lot of legal trouble lately in Asia — in Hong Kong, China, and Japan, where it primarily operates. Binance was one of the seven cryptocurrency exchanges that received a warning letter from the Securities and Futures Commission https://thenextweb.com/hardfork/2018/03/23/binance-europe-japan-hong-kong-china/  

If you read the Binance TOS it states: The operator of BINANCE means the legal entity that, recognized by law, operates the networking platform. - but it fails to state who that operator is.  Zhao Changpeng lives in hotel rooms and the exchange is in an undisclosed location.
I like their platform and their service appears to be reliable. But I am concious that there may problems locating the operator if things go wrong - or if the authorities crack down on licensing.

Yobit is based somewhere in Russia and despite their bad reputation I have had some surprisingly positive experiences with them.  

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09239668/filing-history was formed later and also dissolved. Then the company moved to Hong Kong.
Lack of registration is also confirmed here: https://digiconomist.net/fraud-risk-assessment-hitbtc

= Exit scam in the making.

Go Big or Go Home.
Big Naturals

Activity: 756
Merit: 268

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 10:26:53 PM

Why dont you upload your ID, have your account verified, withdraw your coins and never come back? I think some people dont have the proper IDs to have them verified. There are some people who have multi-accounts on the site which they dont want to be caught red handed wash trading low volume coins.

I am pretty sure that's what a lot of people are doing, otherwise how to you explain the sudden drop in Bittrex market share since they started this verification scam.  Remember the old adage, "only 4% of customers complain, 96% will simply go elsewhere"

I see it ending either with the Bittrex shareholders screaming blue murder, and forcing management to do the right thing by the clients to stop the exodus, or Bittrex quietly fades away as more honorable exchanges take over Bittrex clients. Remember the AML, KYC cover story for suspending withdrawals on unverified accounts is bogus on two fronts. Firstly, Bittrex don't do fiat. Secondly they could move their headquarters offshore if they wanted to do fiat and skip all the nonsense. Either way, the don't have a feasible excuse for suddenly seizing their customers funds and holding them ransom until they get private information (which has value) from them.
Good points, there is no justification for what bittrex have done, I refuse to hand over my personal details to people who act dishonestly , like changing terms and freezing accounts without a grace period. People who do this would also be likely to sell the user data for profit, and maybe you end up like that guy in England with 4 balaclava clad gangsters paying you and your family a visit one morning in a crypto home invasion.

It is actually a legal requirement from the US Government. Bittrex don't have a choice in it. It has to do with AML laws and trading with embargoed countries.

I don't live in an embargoed country, my account was frozen without any notice or grace period to withdraw my funds because bittrex changed their terms of service overnight and required all accounts to become verified, when for the previous 2 years this was not the case. That amounts to theft, worse than bank bail-ins that happened in Cyprus,  at least those people get some bank shares, my funds have been stolen by bittrex, I can only get them back if I send them my personal details which are very likely to be leaked to other parties, like crypto gangsters who will increasingly target known crypto holders for home invasions and robbery.

Never give your personal details to known dishonest people, or incompetent people.

Changing the terms without any warning effected people from all countries,  not just embargoed ones. All bittrex had to do was the same as poloniex, give people advanced notice of the change in the terms of service, I think poloniex did not breach any US government laws by allowing a grace period for unverified accounts to withdraw, this isn't about government regulation, it's about theft.
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 01:26:42 AM

Why dont you upload your ID, have your account verified, withdraw your coins and never come back? I think some people dont have the proper IDs to have them verified. There are some people who have multi-accounts on the site which they dont want to be caught red handed wash trading low volume coins.

I am pretty sure that's what a lot of people are doing, otherwise how to you explain the sudden drop in Bittrex market share since they started this verification scam.  Remember the old adage, "only 4% of customers complain, 96% will simply go elsewhere"

I see it ending either with the Bittrex shareholders screaming blue murder, and forcing management to do the right thing by the clients to stop the exodus, or Bittrex quietly fades away as more honorable exchanges take over Bittrex clients. Remember the AML, KYC cover story for suspending withdrawals on unverified accounts is bogus on two fronts. Firstly, Bittrex don't do fiat. Secondly they could move their headquarters offshore if they wanted to do fiat and skip all the nonsense. Either way, the don't have a feasible excuse for suddenly seizing their customers funds and holding them ransom until they get private information (which has value) from them.
Good points, there is no justification for what bittrex have done, I refuse to hand over my personal details to people who act dishonestly , like changing terms and freezing accounts without a grace period. People who do this would also be likely to sell the user data for profit, and maybe you end up like that guy in England with 4 balaclava clad gangsters paying you and your family a visit one morning in a crypto home invasion.

It is actually a legal requirement from the US Government. Bittrex don't have a choice in it. It has to do with AML laws and trading with embargoed countries.

I don't live in an embargoed country, my account was frozen without any notice or grace period to withdraw my funds because bittrex changed their terms of service overnight and required all accounts to become verified, when for the previous 2 years this was not the case. That amounts to theft, worse than bank bail-ins that happened in Cyprus,  at least those people get some bank shares, my funds have been stolen by bittrex, I can only get them back if I send them my personal details which are very likely to be leaked to other parties, like crypto gangsters who will increasingly target known crypto holders for home invasions and robbery.

Never give your personal details to known dishonest people, or incompetent people.

Changing the terms without any warning effected people from all countries,  not just embargoed ones. All bittrex had to do was the same as poloniex, give people advanced notice of the change in the terms of service, I think poloniex did not breach any US government laws by allowing a grace period for unverified accounts to withdraw, this isn't about government regulation, it's about theft.

bittrex doxxing is long overdue :\ i'm in the same boat they stole my coins and then said they were hacked by russians...>> real talk wtf!!!

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Merit: 1036

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 04:26:40 PM

Good thing I checked the announcement page of Bittrex as they will be removing XVC in their markets list and soon Bittrex will also remove BLITZ by 18th of this month. Regarding MoneroV, Bittrex already made an announcement on that as the team behind the MoneroV project is did not reachout to Bittrex for XMV to be listed in Bittrex.
Boriss

Activity: 728
Merit: 115

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2018, 04:51:58 PM

Are you going to list MoneroV soon?

This is from MoneroV page, they don't even mention Bittrex...

"Official statements by exchanges were already made by HitBTC, Coinex, Coinroom, BTC-alpha , Crex24 and Ovis. It is expected that other medium-large exchanges will support the fork after examining the blockchain. It is recommended you store your XMR locally or with a supporting exchange/custodian service."
Crypto_C12

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 05:59:48 AM

Good thing I checked the announcement page of Bittrex as they will be removing XVC in their markets list and soon Bittrex will also remove BLITZ by 18th of this month. Regarding MoneroV, Bittrex already made an announcement on that as the team behind the MoneroV project is did not reachout to Bittrex for XMV to be listed in Bittrex.

Yeah, MoneroV team should reach Bittrex. Now how can we get our coins on Bittrex?HuhHuhHuh
xtraelv
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1924

฿ear ride on the rainbow slide

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 01:10:42 PM

Why you don't support the MoneroV fork? We want our coins.

Yet another noobie account MoneroV shill https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1653730;sa=showPosts

If you plan to participate in this fork by WITHDRAWING MONERO TO YOUR OWN PRIVATE WALLET PRIOR TO THE FORK - make sure you are VERY CAREFUL.

Bitcoin gold endorsed a wallet that resulted in 3.3 million in real BTC being stolen.
https://news.bitcoin.com/bitcoin-gold-wallet-stole-private-keys-scooped-3-3-million/

Coinsecure exchange also lost around 3 Million that could be related to the fork.
"The note also elucidates that this loss is not a direct result of their infrastructure being compromised or hacked but instead it was due to their CSO Dr. Amitabh Saxsena extracting Bitcoin Gold from Bitcoin. And as a result, their CSO claimed that bitcoins were lost."
https://coinsutra.com/coinsecure-bitcoin-hack-theft/

You risk losing your real Monero for the opportunity to get a copy.

We are surrounded by legends on this forum. Phenomenal successes and catastrophic failures. Then there are the scams. This forum is a digital museum.  
* The most iconic historic bitcointalk threads.* Satoshi * Cypherpunks*MtGox*Bitcointalk hacks*pHiShInG* Silk Road*Pirateat40*Knightmb*Miner shams*Forum scandals*BBCode*
Troll spotting*Thank you to madnessteat for my custom avatar hat.
omshree

Activity: 270
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 08:17:46 AM

Any news when XVG wallet will be online again?

Donate if you like 1ANALSEXXGMd6HaN6CzQXtURLC5H9TjKoo
henrylitee

Activity: 54

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 08:42:22 AM

Any news when XVG wallet will be online again?

why some wallets are off? in my case Groestlcoin is off, can i  trade with  Groestlcoin anyway?
argonaute

Activity: 50

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 11:55:10 AM
Last edit: May 23, 2018, 04:47:13 PM by argonaute

150 confirmation for a ZEN deposit needed vs 5 confirmation with Binance.

look for the error... more than 6 hours of wait !!!

SHAME

PS: should I also said that before a deposit Bittrex don't mention the number of confirmation requested/needed
FractalUniverse

Activity: 1034
Merit: 558

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 12:46:00 PM

150 confirmation for a ZEN deposit need vs 2 with Binance.

look for the error... more than 6 hours of wait !!!
SHAME
Zen is all about patience and relaxing of mind. you could use some of that while waiting Grin
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zen
XinXan

Activity: 1064
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 02:35:50 PM

I had a problem with account verification because of non-English character. After a month passed without any reply from support, I mentioned about the problem over twitter. Even I don't have more than 10+ follower, they sent an e-mail to and they said they are about to hire more people to their support team. Probably they found my e-mail address by ticket number. And a week later my verification was completed.

Yeah but, you shouldn't have to verify yourself in order to withdraw cryptos, that's pretty stupid and the fact that they did it without any kind of notice is suspicious. Any other exchange has a limit on how much cryptos you can withdraw without verification but all of them let you withdraw at least something.

I think it's a scam to collect personal data, some DHS staff joined Bittrex in December.
http://uk.businessinsider.com/bittrex-hires-two-former-homeland-security-chiefs-amazon-security-exec-2017-12

If they were honest, Bittrex would have given people notice and a grace period to withdraw their funds.

As I result I can see that Bittrex are loosing market share, fallen down from number 2 spot to number 7 since they did this.

Yeah sounds easy enough but it's not, took them 4 months to verify my ID, even though it was a perfectly valid ID. They fucked up and they didn't even admit it or gave us any sort of compensation. You think people was complaining about the verification itself or the fact that they didn't warn people or that it took them months and months to actually verify people essentially freezing their assets?
Lord11

Activity: 22

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 04:32:28 PM

What the heck is going on Bittrex? The BTG wallett is in "automated maintenance" since Saturday? They are sitting on my and other people's coins.  Angry Angry Angry
vasher

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 11:19:28 PM

Yeah and MONA has been off since last Thursday. Both coins were hit by 51% attacks where the attacker did double spends on exchanges.

You would think they could just increase the confirmations for deposits on those coins (even if it is something ridiculous like 24 hours).

At the very least you think they could provide some sort of update to the community on how long they expect them to be down.

The worst part is, while I can find other exchanges for btg, mona appears almost impossible to exchange unless you live in Korea or Japan and can validate identity with an exchange there. I guess I'll have to stop mining it and eat the loss on what I have.
Call_Me_Bambi

Activity: 574
Merit: 261

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 11:30:46 PM

What the heck is going on Bittrex? The BTG wallett is in "automated maintenance" since Saturday? They are sitting on my and other people's coins.  Angry Angry Angry

This is not that unusual for Bittrex, although to be fair all exchanges will have some wallets in maintenance at some time, it's just that other exchanges can get there maintenance done a lot quicker.
Big Naturals

Activity: 756
Merit: 268

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 01:30:07 AM

Is anyone organising legal action over all the frozen accounts and stolen funds? Seems a case that would easily be won!
gembitz

Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 05:04:56 AM

Is anyone organising legal action over all the frozen accounts and stolen funds? Seems a case that would easily be won!

nope we need to call robin hood to grab all their coins left on the servers and then proceed to do an epic airdrop of all the bittrex stolen coins back to the community Wink weee

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
Easteregg69

Activity: 1443
Merit: 264

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 01:03:03 PM
Last edit: May 30, 2018, 01:14:05 PM by Easteregg69

Tried to do some trading on bittrex again today.

Sell 150 XRP at 8100 to buy back at 7800.

Sell went fine but when it tried to put a lower buy order i get the same old problem with minimums.

Trying to buy at full price went fine. So i ended up depositing 150 XRP and pull 148 out. A clear rip off.

Swing traders. Next time Binance. Only problem there is ridiculous high withdrawal fees..

I am looking forward to see where the hurdle is placed when decentralized trading becomes the standard.

Bancor.network charged me 8 dollars for conversion earlier today. That one was also no gain. But tried out now.

Throw some "shit" and see what sticks.
Pages: « 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 »
  Print  

Jump to: