Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:30:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 144 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people keep saying BTC is dead?!  (Read 225479 times)
Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 07:06:44 AM

Because they don't know what bitcoin really are. They only know that is dead because they not use it but, we all know that bitcoin is alive and its help up mentally and financially.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitkilo
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2015, 07:19:16 AM

There is always going to be trolls on this forum saying bitcoin is dead, just don't pay any attion to it, either they are trolls or whales shorting the market and want you to sell.
I have been reading a lot of material lately from people saying bitcoin will fail, now some of them are very smart people and a lot of what they say has some truth to it, things like transaction size and miners fees not being sustainable. Im sure that people like Gavin and the rest are working on these problems.
The truth is nobody knows what will happen with bitcoin, it's still very early.

BitBOOM

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 08:29:36 AM

Sure the price is highly volatile but bitcoin is here to stay Smiley Whether the price is $5 or $500,000 there will always be a market.

randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 08:43:37 AM

There is always going to be trolls on this forum saying bitcoin is dead, just don't pay any attion to it, either they are trolls or whales shorting the market and want you to sell.
I have been reading a lot of material lately from people saying bitcoin will fail, now some of them are very smart people and a lot of what they say has some truth to it, things like transaction size and miners fees not being sustainable. Im sure that people like Gavin and the rest are working on these problems.
The truth is nobody knows what will happen with bitcoin, it's still very early.

most people know to ignore these "bitcoin will fail" trolls, but there are very new members who might be affected by these silly trolls. they will always be here. just ignore them.
BIT-Sharon

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 09:45:52 AM

I think they are the people who holds other kinds of coins.
Ingatqhvq

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 10:48:23 AM

These people really don't understand what is bitcoin, it decentralized, that means it will never be died. It's can't be killed.
bitkilo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2015, 11:03:37 AM

These people really don't understand what is bitcoin, it decentralized, that means it will never be died. It's can't be killed.
Bitcoin CAN die, it can't be killed by government easily because of it's decentralized nature but if enough people loose faith in it after something like another mt gox type of incident then the price will go down with demand, miners won't be able to pay there bills so they will turn off there miners and it could actualy die quite quick.
I really hope it doesn't go that way, bitcoin is something special that i hope is around for a long time to come.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 11:28:39 AM
Last edit: April 22, 2015, 12:17:01 PM by Amph

Bitcoin CAN die, it can't be killed by government easily because of it's decentralized nature but if enough people loose faith in it after something like another mt gox type of incident then the price will go down with demand, miners won't be able to pay there bills so they will turn off there miners and it could actualy die quite quick.
I really hope it doesn't go that way, bitcoin is something special that i hope is around for a long time to come.

maybe bitcoin can be killed but its technology will live forever, i won't be surprised if another coin came out after the death of it
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 11:50:16 AM

maybe bitcoin can be killed but its technology will live forever, i won't be surprised if another coin came out after the death of

Mostly everything in life gets replaced by something better. Eventually that might also be the case for Bitcoin.

But the beauty of Bitcoin is that it is open source. Everything around it can be changed where needed to make it future proof.
bitkilo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2015, 11:52:35 AM

maybe bitcoin can be killed but its technology will live forever, i won't be surprised if another coin came out after the death of

Yes i think your 100% right, this technology is still in the early stages and look what we already have, there is great things to come.
If bitcoin does die then i believe another coin will take over. There is just so my people involved in crypto currencies now that most will probably just jump onto the next best coin at that time, if not then lots of people will be out of a job.

Unkle

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 12:29:23 PM

Something being decentralized doesn't mean it can't die. It's harder to attack by a group for sure but regulations could throttle it, but it can certainly die off. If something better than bitcoin is designed it will quickly meet its demise as people jump ship to the competitor. There could also be problems with the miners if it becomes unprofitable to mine so that would be near fatal if miners just stopped mining.
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1128

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 03:36:00 PM

Bitcoin will never be dead, it is just some people trying to bring panic into the market which will make some bitcoin holders to sell their bitcoins thinking that they will loose their bitcoin thus driving the price of bitcoins down, and once the price of bitcoins is down, these people go ahead and buy bitcoins in bulk.
Erza
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 04:12:28 PM

Bitcoin will never be dead, it is just some people trying to bring panic into the market which will make some bitcoin holders to sell their bitcoins thinking that they will loose their bitcoin thus driving the price of bitcoins down, and once the price of bitcoins is down, these people go ahead and buy bitcoins in bulk.

Yeah thats true and may be it could drop when dollar and all the markets drop and it doesnt have any circulation at all, but still bitcoin is a volatile things so it will have a chance to drop someday but may be its not significant
michietn94
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 04:27:22 PM

I'm on the one who said bitcoin is dead. Instead I believe on bitcoin will shine on the future. That's why I still keep it rather than sold with cheap

That's must we do to keep our bitcoin !

FANSUNITE

█ █
███
███
███
 ▄
 ▀
███
███
███
███
█ █

█ █
███
███
███
 ▄
 ▀
███
███
███
███
█ █
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 05:33:53 PM

maybe bitcoin can be killed but its technology will live forever, i won't be surprised if another coin came out after the death of it

There's no point in "replacing Bitcoin's blockchain with another new coin" because Bitcoin works perfect and needs no replacement, and all it's weak points are being worked on. It seems people tend to forget we are still at 0.1 version, this hasn't even begun.
Dotakels

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 02:34:18 AM

There's no point in "replacing Bitcoin's blockchain with another new coin" because Bitcoin works perfect and needs no replacement, and all it's weak points are being worked on. It seems people tend to forget we are still at 0.1 version, this hasn't even begun.
Bitcoin will not died. Remember theres a new version of bitcoin as years passes by the bitcoin will upgrade and it can change the world by using bitcoin. And infact the bitcoin price is the highest price that you van exchange in Philippines. Bitcoin are great.
flyingplows

Activity: 518

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 09:02:41 AM

Bitcoin is going very strong. Those who say otherwise are just whiners who tried to make quick buck of it and failed.
One of the things that these people mention is a lack of features or outdated code etc. Yes, some altcoins have features that are superior to bitcoin, but the thing is you have to do it slowly if you are that big. The main thing about being crypto number one is you only change anything when it is discussed ,tested 10k times, approved, validated, etc. Who cares if some altcoin fails due to too rapid pace of change. Bitcoin can not be allowed to fail. It will do everything that's necessary, but it will do it when it's time. Kindof Wink

ahlidms13

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2015, 09:23:52 AM

Every time, for as long as I remember, that I go on bitcointalk, everyone keeps posting "BTC IS DEAD" "SELL" etc... And then a few Sr/Hero members come and explain how thats wrong.

I just don't get it.

Aren't we used to the price fluctuating by now? Whats with all the crying/moaning about price bubbles, crashing, inflations, Russia, China blablablablablablaaaaa!

Jeez... Do some research before posting, I saw one post which got LOADS of attention, yet the first post was done by paint, with an unlabelled graph which showed wrong data!

This is getting to the point where we are affecting newer members or gullible people into selling/dumping all their coins instead of keeping them. I mean when I come on the forum, I see that its crashing, why would I buy in?

I think we need to stop giving the panicking people attention and focus more on positive sides.

The reason that they tell to sell the btc is because the btc have a bright future and the currency is the most powerfull for online transaction. I think they want to sell the btc to them, it give the opportunity to them increasing their btc, i bet btc rate will be 1 btc= 1000 usd soon.
Dotakels

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 01:25:42 PM

Every time, for as long as I remember, that I go on bitcointalk, everyone keeps posting "BTC IS DEAD" "SELL" etc... And then a few Sr/Hero members come and explain how thats wrong.

I just don't get it.

Aren't we used to the price fluctuating by now? Whats with all the crying/moaning about price bubbles, crashing, inflations, Russia, China blablablablablablaaaaa!

Jeez... Do some research before posting, I saw one post which got LOADS of attention, yet the first post was done by paint, with an unlabelled graph which showed wrong data!

This is getting to the point where we are affecting newer members or gullible people into selling/dumping all their coins instead of keeping them. I mean when I come on the forum, I see that its crashing, why would I buy in?

I think we need to stop giving the panicking people attention and focus more on positive sides.

The reason that they tell to sell the btc is because the btc have a bright future and the currency is the most powerfull for online transaction. I think they want to sell the btc to them, it give the opportunity to them increasing their btc, i bet btc rate will be 1 btc= 1000 usd soon.
It will increase the value or the exchange rate of btc if you sell more. The demand of the bitcoin can cause the price of it. So that it means the more the buyers of the bitcoin the higher the price of BTC.
Valta Crypto

Activity: 243

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2015, 02:21:37 PM

Some newbie accounts want more posts, it's easy to post "it's dead" and gain more
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 144 »
  Print  

Jump to: