Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:36:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 165 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] | DUSK Network | Privacy-oriented blockchain for Digital Securities!  (Read 145630 times)
ParRus

Activity: 490
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 07:24:25 AM

I like the concept of this project, I believe that the security of the transfer of personal data is very important aspect and it will be requested in the future. I subscribe to update in this thread and start studying whitepaper.
levyashin

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 07:43:20 AM

After seeing lots of unnecessary blockchains, Dusk Network seems like a necessary one.

I want to ask that, will you start with an erc20 token and swap when the mainnet ready or only your own blockchain, without swap?

niklasmato

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 08:00:21 AM

I'm happy to see that the team seems experienced in their field.
Compared to many scam projects this looks a promising one.
Eager to learn and read some more.
brjameng

Activity: 742
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 08:39:51 AM

Having a bounty campaign would be good for DUSK Network, it will help promoting the project to the world.
That way it will boost the possibilities of success of the project.
yeswepump
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1011

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 08:53:38 AM

Privacy matters and this project is going in the right direction. This sort of TOR that "solves the problem of private and secure data transfer, low-latency transmissions and paying for time-unbound communications with cryptocurrencies" could be a real winning point!
batako

Activity: 1022
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 09:11:24 AM

The idea behind dusk network looks so nice but unfortunately it comes when the ICO project already get less attentions from investors out there. If the team need to make the project to be success then they need to make a very hard work plus have a very nice fortune at the same time.
pynetx

Activity: 798
Merit: 262

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 09:39:02 AM

How are you guys different than the ENIGMA Protocol? I mean what are the added benefits?
jonsy1234

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 09:42:33 AM

does this project has its own blockchain
DuskNetwork (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 474
Merit: 21

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 10:09:47 AM

Gary Quin joins Dusk Network as Strategic Advisor

We are pleased to announce that Gary Quin, a Senior Advisor to Credit Suisse and the former CEO of Blackrock Communications, is supporting The Dusk Foundation as a Strategic Advisor for the Dusk Network!

Gary Quin is a 25-year veteran of the telecommunications and media space with knowledge of the European, the Middle Eastern, African and even Latin American market. Gary’s expertise is in the building, financing, and acquisition of profitable businesses that operate in the sector, and draws heavily from his four years spent at Conolly Corporate Finance as a Managing Director in Ireland and his time with MNO Digicel in the Caribbean. At CCF Gary oversaw the provision of financial advisory services to telecommunications and media clients for mergers and acquisitions, private equity leveraged buyouts and so on.

After leaving CCF in 2005, Gary joined Blackrock Communications as CEO. In keeping with the theme of Gary’s career, Blackrock is a consulting firm that focuses on private equity and debt financing mostly in the telecoms and media space.

In 2010 Credit Suisse EMEA called on Gary to become a Senior Advisor and lead their investment banking and capital markets division in Ireland. Since signing on Gary has led Credit Suisse to Euromoney’s 2011 award for Best Investment Bank in Ireland and has raised over €12bn for Irish corporates since 2013 including 5 IPOs and the largest REIT IPO in EMEA since 2010 and largest Irish IPO since 2007. He continues to serve in this capacity at present.

Gary received his MBA from Trinity College Dublin, Ireland and his BA (Honours) from University College Cork, Ireland. He has also studied at the Harvard Business School, IESE and the University of Oxford. His thesis was on the development of the European High Yield and Leveraged Finance market.

The Dusk Foundation benefits significantly from his senior management experience in both telecommunications and investment banking. Gary also comes to the project with plenty of experience sitting on corporate boards as a non-executive director. This gives us the added advantage of having guided foresight, independent and impartial critique, access to third-party consultants, and strategic direction for the commercial attractiveness of the project as a whole.

How to learn more about Dusk Network
The Dusk Network is a project coordinated by the Dusk Foundation. We are a decentralized ecosystem entirely focused on providing the perfect trade-off between privacy and transparency. Dusk protects privacy and fits regulations in payments, communications and asset transfers.

Please consider joining us at the following media:
DuskNetwork (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 10:11:19 AM

After seeing lots of unnecessary blockchains, Dusk Network seems like a necessary one.

I want to ask that, will you start with an erc20 token and swap when the mainnet ready or only your own blockchain, without swap?

We will start off as an ERC-20 token and will swap to our native token when we have the mainnet ready! 
DuskNetwork (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 10:13:33 AM

does this project has its own blockchain

We are building our own blockchain, yes! Grin
DuskNetwork (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 10:14:14 AM
Last edit: September 21, 2018, 12:37:40 PM by DuskNetwork

It looks good thanks! How could I invest? I have btc. What should I do?

The sale is done through private placement only. We are selling 250M Dusk tokens. This is 50% of the supply. We will consider 100 ETH minimum investments. Please e-mail pledge@dusk.network with your sales proposal. Dusk will give preferential treatment to buyers who have a clear value add to the Dusk Network and its development.
Frank37

Activity: 770

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 10:14:24 AM

Wow, good team with much knowledge.
The wp is very technically, hope that I will get the point and understand the difference to other projects.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
bitcoinbulk

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

Ternion | Hybrid Crypto Exchange with fiat gateway

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2018, 10:18:08 AM

This project looks amazing, and I can't wait to see how it comes along.

Is one of the uses cases for Dusk to be the go to network for STOs, similar to how ETH is used for ICOs?

DuskNetwork (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 10:35:58 AM

This project looks amazing, and I can't wait to see how it comes along.

Is one of the uses cases for Dusk to be the go to network for STOs, similar to how ETH is used for ICOs?

That's correct! You can read more about STO's vs ICO's here
Altcoinrusher

Merit: 100

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 10:41:44 AM

I just started reading the Whitepaper and I can say that it is quite more technical than most WP out there and that I can further assume it was written by competent blockchain expert(s) who knows what they are doing. Great job! Smiley
Makkara

Activity: 1064
Merit: 166

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 11:27:49 AM

Does your consensus algorithm exist already? was it already implemented/tested in some proof of concept or is just on paper?

Pi Network - mining app for phone: https://minepi.com/spippolino
Blockfolio trading: https://blockfolio.com/trading?r=MvFRE7EX98
kraterion

Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 11:49:10 AM

Provisioners in SBA are something like masternodes or they are something else? Since you're stating that they will get a ROI, they have to lock their tokens? Or tokens are out of the equation at all?

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
Roels Major

Activity: 191
Merit: 56

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 11:52:42 AM

Does your consensus algorithm exist already? was it already implemented/tested in some proof of concept or is just on paper?

Aye. I think a little bit same thing like U did.
According to Emil Gun Sihrer, the Cornell Professor, there are 2 thing  that could be separated as well:

1. Sybil Deterrence Mechanism : Like POW or POS.  They will be using something they said Proof of Blind Bid. Well, Is not very clear that this node powered by this SBA consensus need collateral or not.

2. Consensus Mechanism : This coin will use Segregated Byzantine Agreement (SBA) to produce the blocks.

and  plus

3. Privacy Protocol : like Stealth Address, CT, Bulletproof, and Obfuscating Address or Sender. (Not New)

"I select a very small number of things to be sceptical about, such as markets, and on these I am hypersceptic. But I want to be fooled by randomness in art." — Nassim Nicholas Taleb
iad_xo

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 12:21:24 PM

is DUSK is planning to use zsnark for privacy or creating own protocol? Team behind this looking experienced. Is there any white paper available to read?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 165 »
  Print  

Jump to: