Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:14:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 165 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] | DUSK Network | Privacy-oriented blockchain for Digital Securities!  (Read 145628 times)
bitcoin-shark

Activity: 2842
Merit: 605

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 08:40:52 PM

on dusk network, all transaction is going to treated as private or end user are allow to choose? Anonymity will be big thing once regulation come in to play. Like the concept of Stealth address, Ring CT signature and anonymous network layer. 

isnt there too much privacy project out there ?  I dont think not many fancy private transaction, if so the other privacy coins would be doing well wunt they ?  example ETC vs ETH

Yes, there are many privacy coins and only a few will be used. Monero is the most well known.
Monero's originating from Bytecoin, and as far as I know it does not have the disadvantages and bugs of its predecessor. However, not the most used coin, right?

Monero is a fork of bytcoin but, now it's way ahead of bcn in terms of usage and use cases. It's best privacy coin out there

Actually, Monero is not private it was used to be.

Something like dusk network has a great chance about that. Because no chain is offering high level of privacy.

Why not, what is changed now?
Monero is a pretty solid project and is widely used in black markets. I don't think that anyone would be able to replace it so easily.

I don't know what changed but you can see an article about it: (Headline is: Monero Privacy Protections Aren't as Strong as They Seem)
https://www.wired.com/story/monero-privacy/

Competition will always increase the ease of use for the common man. I think monero still have plenty of issues which can be resolved from other projects.
Indeed, I also think that other projects that solve existing problems can success in the market even if monero is quite big now.
yes now monero is used by many users and has a large share of the market but I think there is still space for a viable alternative as I think it is dusk it will not replace monero but will be a valid competitor...
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 09:51:02 PM

we need competition in every area. Technology can grow only with the competition to become better. so having an opponent for monero like dusk will result for the good of customers.

Again, it's not an opponent for Monero at all, Monero is just peer to peer electronic cash like bitcoin, Dusk is an ecosystem made of anonnymous security tokens

Yes, Dusk and Monero are not the same thing and should not be compared as direct competitors. In that sense Dusk is not an opponent. A privacy currency on Dusk could become an opponent to Monero.

We also have to manage expectations. Dusk might be more encompassing than Monero, but that does not mean it will have a bigger market cap. HTTP is more encompassing than Facebook, but Facebook has an infinitely higher market cap.
aveon

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 10:07:34 PM

we need competition in every area. Technology can grow only with the competition to become better. so having an opponent for monero like dusk will result for the good of customers.

Again, it's not an opponent for Monero at all, Monero is just peer to peer electronic cash like bitcoin, Dusk is an ecosystem made of anonnymous security tokens

Yes, Dusk and Monero are not the same thing and should not be compared as direct competitors. In that sense Dusk is not an opponent. A privacy currency on Dusk could become an opponent to Monero.

We also have to manage expectations. Dusk might be more encompassing than Monero, but that does not mean it will have a bigger market cap. HTTP is more encompassing than Facebook, but Facebook has an infinitely higher market cap.
In the future Dusk may obtain all the advantages of Monero and avoid it's disadvantages features. and by adding new features. In this case, DuskCoin would be competitive.
Makkara

Activity: 1064
Merit: 166

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 04:19:38 AM

Yes they are also likely be used to achieve different purposes, so i don't think they are going to be much in each other ways.

Pi Network - mining app for phone: https://minepi.com/spippolino
Blockfolio trading: https://blockfolio.com/trading?r=MvFRE7EX98
pynetx

Activity: 798
Merit: 262

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 06:56:24 AM

In the future Dusk may obtain all the advantages of Monero and avoid it's disadvantages features. and by adding new features. In this case, DuskCoin would be competitive.

DUSK's use case is not just for the payments only. So, monero and dusk differ in many ways.
bitcoinbulk

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

Ternion | Hybrid Crypto Exchange with fiat gateway

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2018, 07:13:05 AM

For how much time does the Adviser's tokens are locked.? Also, is there any ETA for the demo version to check.?
This would be great to know before investing.

I don't know if you'll ever see a demo, the fact is, you can deploy a security token or you can't. Usually this kind of platform have already parteships so I guess that you'll see a security token issued on DUSK as soon as they will be ready

This is a pretty good point, its the equivalent of seeing a demo of creating a smart contract, right? Obviously it's possible to create a demo for it, but how much value would that really bring?

turkandjaydee

Activity: 1456
Merit: 567

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 07:29:46 AM

i don't agree is we use 'opponent' word in crypto sphere, there is no one will defeat other, but if use 'competitor', i agree.

As what I understand, cryptocurrencies are competing against one another regardless of their unique features and advantages. Having a bigger market share is all that matters. Imho.           
Yes  Grin
In this case , the marketing is also very competitive, it should also be very efficient and effective and make sure there will be more and more people use/adopt their project.
the_donald

Activity: 588

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 07:33:56 AM

i don't agree is we use 'opponent' word in crypto sphere, there is no one will defeat other, but if use 'competitor', i agree.

As what I understand, cryptocurrencies are competing against one another regardless of their unique features and advantages. Having a bigger market share is all that matters. Imho.           

if you only think about dollar value, then yes market share is all that matters. but if a token has a utility that is worth more to you than another more popular one, you won't care about market share.

DuskNetwork (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 474
Merit: 21

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 07:44:19 AM

DUSK's use case is not just for the payments only. So, monero and dusk differ in many ways.

That's correct, Monero is mainly used for payments while we will offer much more! Dusk network is a network and as such has a very sharp focus on confidential data transmission. This means unidirectional atomic transaction (transfer of value), bidirectional atomic transactions (purchase of asset - you give money and receive an asset in return) and bidirectional time-unbound transactions (basically streaming, audiovisual calls and conferencing, etc)
rjp55

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2018, 08:24:18 AM

That's correct, Monero is mainly used for payments while we will offer much more! Dusk network is a network and as such has a very sharp focus on confidential data transmission. This means unidirectional atomic transaction (transfer of value), bidirectional atomic transactions (purchase of asset - you give money and receive an asset in return) and bidirectional time-unbound transactions (basically streaming, audiovisual calls and conferencing, etc)

Thanks for summing up this easy. these differences can create huge advantages to dusk project against monero and other players in this field.

░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░                                         
              ░░▒▓▓███▓▓░░████████████████▓░                                   
          ░▓▓▓▒██████████░ ███████████████████▒                                 
       ░▓██▒░  ███████████▓ ▒███████████████████▓▓▓▓▓████▓▓                     
  ▒▓▓▓██▒     ████████   ▒██░ ██████████▓▒░      █████████████████▓▓▒░         
 ▓█▒░░        ▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓  ░▒███░ ▓▓▓▒░░   ░░▒▒▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒       ░▒▓███████▓▒░   
 █                                               ░▒▒▓▓██████████▓▒░░░▒▓██████▓█
 █▒  ▒▓▓▒░▒▓█▓▓▓▒▒▒▒░░                                    ░▒▓▓████████▓▓▒░   ▒█
 ░█ ▒████▓  ▒▒░▒▒▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▒▒▒░                            ░▒      ░▓██ 
  ▒███▒▓▓██  ░              ▒░░█████▓▓▓▓██▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░          ░░ ▓██████▓▓▒
    ▓█▓▓▒▓█▓ ▒              ▒▒▓███  ███████████▓▓█▓░░▒▒░░░  ▓███████▓████████ ▓█
     ░█  ▓██▓▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓████████▓░   ████▒▒▓▓▓▓██████      ░ ████████▒█████▓▒  ▒█
      ▓▓▓▓████▓▒░░                ▒███ ░███▓█▓▓████░    ▓ ████████▓▓█▓▒    ▓▓▓ 
      ░▓█████▓▒▓██████▓▒░         ▒██▓ ██▒  ██▓▓████    ▒  ░            ▒██▒   
        ░▒         ░▒▓█████████▓▒  ██▒ █▓    ██▒█████    ▒▒▒░░░▒░░░█▓▒▓██▓     
                          ░▒▓█████████ ██    ▓█▒█████▓             ░▓██▓       
                                  ░▒▓█▓ ██ ░▒██░██████▓  ▒▒▒░   ▒▓███▒         
                                      █▓▒▓████░▓████▓ ▓▓▓██████████░           
                                       ▓█▓▓▓▓▓█████▓          ░▒▒               
                                         ▒▓▓██▓▒░                               

|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ███████████▀     ██ ██
██ ██████████▌   ▄▄▄██ ██
██ ██████████   ██████ ██
██ ███████          ██ ██
██ ███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄██ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
|
Whitepaper
Ann Thread
Bounty Thread
cevap

Activity: 490

www.Zercados.com

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 08:33:48 AM

Thanks for summing up this easy. these differences can create huge advantages to dusk project against monero and other players in this field.

Dusk Network has so much potential. Despite the market being quite competitive, confidentiality is still a problem and if Dusk Network can provide a solution, I don't see why they wouldn't be successful.

levyashin

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 08:39:31 AM

Well, it is a more complete solution it seems.

I would probably prefer a private network over a private payment method.

MattLeBlanc

Activity: 364
Merit: 37

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 10:50:17 AM

Also dont forget that there is confirm news that Monero has bugs in its core blockchain and lots of other negative issues. So dusk may have a great opportunity in the future.
loup

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 12:02:32 PM

Also dont forget that there is confirm news that Monero has bugs in its core blockchain and lots of other negative issues. So dusk may have a great opportunity in the future.
That's it. To attract new users to the coin this project must fill some holes that Monero has. Otherwise it doesn't make much sense to change of coin.
iad_xo

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 12:18:12 PM

I read some where on DUSK, network offer Confidential security token registry. Can not find more details about that?  any one explain?
ParRus

Activity: 490
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 12:50:15 PM

I found video where Jelle Pol Introduces DUSK Network, this talk was given during Bitcoin Wednesday on 5 September, 2018 which was held at ABN Amro's headquarters in Amsterdam:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GBbH4Jpw1g
belechau

Activity: 686

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 01:53:05 PM

I found video where Jelle Pol Introduces DUSK Network, this talk was given during Bitcoin Wednesday on 5 September, 2018 which was held at ABN Amro's headquarters in Amsterdam:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GBbH4Jpw1g
Excellent video with a plausible and understandable explanation in layman's terms, comparing the mode of operation with a public telephone and a old token was a bit daring,  Grin but quite understandable to all listeners  Cheesy it would be interesting to see more videos so throughout the project. Congratulations
magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 02:21:55 PM

Last week co-founder of DUCK Jelle Pol took part at Blockchain conference in Kiev and talked about privacy.

https://twitter.com/DuskFoundation/status/1044519338324250624

And today Emanuele Francioni (Project and Tech Lead of DUCK) took part in conference in London

https://www.cefpro.com/forthcoming-events/technology-and-innovation-risk/#1524457105016-ca2de1f7-3f6b

And a week ago they was in Barselona forum

https://twitter.com/DuskFoundation/status/1042674569155432448

Seems their have a good marketing and a lot of events  Roll Eyes
kraterion

Activity: 616
Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 04:56:00 PM

I read some where on DUSK, network offer Confidential security token registry. Can not find more details about that?  any one explain?

If I remember correctly it's in the whitepaper, basically you can issue privacy oriented security tokens on Dusk, which is the point of it, which why it can be potentially a "killer app"

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
king_of_alts

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 05:58:55 PM

If I remember correctly it's in the whitepaper, basically you can issue privacy oriented security tokens on Dusk, which is the point of it, which why it can be potentially a "killer app"

that sounds interesting.. so people can create their own tokens on Dusk?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 165 »
  Print  

Jump to: