Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:43:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The Cypherfunks[FUNK]: a coin for a global band! Talking v2. Join! 80+ songs  (Read 148685 times)
LoveandPeace2018

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 11:43:24 AM

Folks, why not BOTH!!!!

Let us fork and have both the coin and the token!!!! Then, there will FUNK and FUNKCASH (after the true vision of FUNKToshi Nakamoto!!!!)

That worked for BCASH, it might work for FUNK as well!!!! Grin

That's a good idea, fork FUNK. So far all we got is soundposition talking about this new project nothing more, maybe he is trolling us maybe not, the fact is there is nothing.
If another team or dev wants to fork I'll support it. In fact I can talk to some devs that are already interested in coins like FUNK.

Well, many people interested in FUNK. I wonder why it has been such a deadcoin so far.

It's been with the wrong hands but it's going to be revive soonest. Soon, I will create a telegram group for the community where we will discuss how to resolve this.
TOGETHER, WE CAN MAKE THIS COIN ALIVE AND DINE AMONG THE BESTS.
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
soundposition

Activity: 322
Merit: 260

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 12:59:01 PM

Hi Soundposition,

please provide some updates / information!

THX
Andy

Yes, of course. The website is almost finished. It looks fantastic. Our very passionate web developer is doing a great job on it. I had hoped to launch the site before the end of 2017. The holidays slowed everything down a little bit, but now things are picking up pace again.

We have setup the domain name, twitter account, discord, reddit, FB etc.. We have recruited an excellent internet marketing analyst, and also a community manager. We have a developer consultant who helps guide our technical development. We also have a developer for the token. All of them are also working for GameCredits, so for them this is a side project they are interested in being involved in.

We have begun weekly team meetings, scheduled this time with a terrific developer next Saturday, and he's stoked to work on the token.

Finally... Cryptopia appears to be taking the necessary actions to restore the markets. There's nothing we can do about that at the moment as we are all simply waiting for the servers to upgrade.

There are lots of exciting developments to look forward to in 2018!!

P.S. Mike the new token is going to be gained by exchanging FUNK. 500 FUNK will equal 1 new token. There will be a supply reduction this way. We definitely care about the old chain, because people will have to exchange FUNK to obtain the new token.

I suggest reading the white paper on the website once launched. It will explain in much more detail.

You can't continue to fool everyone. You have posted about new Website around September 2017. I wonder why building a website will take forever..  Maybe you are hosting in the moon. Your sweet talks about the development on this project brought someone like me. I had to sold one of my investments which if I had leave would have worth much more.

Or better still, @soundposition, Can you discuss with your so called team.. They should give us dates to expects their updates, then if the dates are not met, other people can start working on the project. If this is a real community coin, This is what we need.

LoveandPeace2018

I have provided an update. The decisions you make are your own. If you sold one of your investments, that's your business. I don't think you will have the patience for this project, and I suggest you involve yourself with some other project.

I'm not sure what group you consider yourself to be a part of. You talk of 'us' and 'we' and really there is only you. You don't speak for other people on this forum. You are basically a troll and not a helpful community member. I am kindly requesting that you stop posting here.

Thank you.

You asked why I speaks for people. I have the same right as you. You are the only one here writing on the Devs behalf (We dont even know if the DEVS really exists, only you have been posting here for so long). If you want to be so sure how WE investors are not happy about your reactions, you can make a troll, If you win, I will dash you all my FUNK token and gladly leave here for life.

I can't believe a great project like this can be in the mold all because of someone's incompetence. Even the tokens we get for free as airdrop are doing fine not talking of what we paid for.

Am so used to your promises that I have to always consider them as lies.... I mean We cant wait on empty promises. I stand against this and we all do
Newcomers should please just read few threads back, then you will all understand what I mean.

Let me first say that your English is horrible, so I suggest brushing up on your English. Your name is LoveandPeace and you are anything except Love or Peace. I resent your insults, and suggest you live up to your name. Go be peaceful, quiet, and tranquil. Learn to love and have respect.

I have the blessing from the original developer of FUNK Simon de la Rouviere to continue this project, with the original support from the FUNK community (which you are not actually a part of). You are trying to usurp the project, which I will not allow you or anyone else to do.

I started contributing to this project back in 2014, and contributed a large collection of original music to the project. LoveandPeace is simply an 'investor' and not even a musician who is simply unhappy with the 15X increase in value of their FUNK holdings. It's called GREED.

Please do not support this troll, and if he convinces Mike from HashUnlimited to fork please don't run their wallet. HashUnlimited is a developer for Einsteinium coin. Einsteinium coin was taken over by the same person we fired at GameCredits for running GameCredits into the ground last year before we hired Sergey as our CEO. I strongly suspect LoveandPeace is that person.

I'm an Operational Support Manager representative of GameCredits
  GameCredits Facebook   GameCredits Twitter   GameCredits G+
soundposition

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 01:00:15 PM

@Soundposition have you also been in contact with Cryptopia regarding the swap? Will they list the new token and cooperate?

The new token will be listed on larger exchanges like Bittrex and Poloniex on the standard basemarkets (BTC/ETH etc.) not LTC markets like FUNK.

soundposition

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 01:07:38 PM

Let me do you one for transparency. Let's play a little game. I will show you that I am who I say I am.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujPWXTyF9V8&t=173s

I have nothing to hide. Do you LoveandPeace2018? Show us your face or go away.

Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:54:41 PM

Let me do you one for transparency. Let's play a little game. I will show you that I am who I say I am.

Let me add a bit of endorsement here.

The game he mentions, Turbocharged? I was involved in GAME back then. The voiceover on that game is me. Michael is legit.

Life hit me like a freight train a bit over a year ago, had to make some choices, and leaving the GAME team was one of them. I regret that choice, but I simply couldn't do it at the time. And for more transparency, I owe Nele some money. Haven't forgotten that, Nele, you'll get it eventually.

A question for you, Soundposition, is Simon no longer involved or just not doing development?
soundposition

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 02:13:23 PM

The game he mentions, Turbocharged? I was involved in GAME back then. The voiceover on that game is me. Michael is legit.

Life hit me like a freight train a bit over a year ago, had to make some choices, and leaving the GAME team was one of them. I regret that choice, but I simply couldn't do it at the time. And for more transparency, I owe Nele some money. Haven't forgotten that, Nele, you'll get it eventually.

A question for you, Soundposition, is Simon no longer involved or just not doing development?

Thanks BioMech! It's good to see you again buddy, and I hope you are doing well. Things never were quite the same at GameCredits without you there. What are you doing these days?

Simon basically decided to not continue putting energy into this project. He is very involved with the Ujomusic platform working for Consensys, a division of Ethereum/Microsoft. At first he provided some input and direction, but eventually just said he would allow us to proceed by pushing an update to the website and this announcement page once we are ready to relaunch the coin. We are about ready to unveil the website and we will provide a new announcement.

Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 04:04:59 PM

Thanks BioMech! It's good to see you again buddy, and I hope you are doing well. Things never were quite the same at GameCredits without you there. What are you doing these days?

Simon basically decided to not continue putting energy into this project. He is very involved with the Ujomusic platform working for Consensys, a division of Ethereum/Microsoft. At first he provided some input and direction, but eventually just said he would allow us to proceed by pushing an update to the website and this announcement page once we are ready to relaunch the coin. We are about ready to unveil the website and we will provide a new announcement.

I see.

Well, as to what I'm doing, I'm working for a crypto company as a contractor under a serious NDA, so I can't exactly say, but it's decent money. After I left GameCredits, the job I chose over it, well, the company went bankrupt with no warning and a lot of money owed that I never got... So I went back to the corporate drone world to feed my family. Wish I'd have stayed at GameCredits Tongue But at the time, while it was a lot of fun, I wasn't really making a living. I traded BTC for a bit, until it became impossible with PayPal, but that was only supplemental. About two months ago, some people I used to work with approached me to help with a new project, and that's where I'm at. You never escape Crypto.

I know it's off topic for this thread, but I had a balance on three accounts with the very first GMC webwallet, and I can't seem to recover them. Any ideas what I should do about that? (PM is fine). I was completely out of the Crypto world for over a year, things have moved apace Tongue

On topic, I'm a singer, if any of the Cypherfunks people are looking for a vocalist for the occasional project, send 'em my way.
Varvarin
Legendary

Activity: 1130
Merit: 1000

No good deed goes unpunished

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 05:04:28 PM

Well Well Well ... this does bring back some fond memories. Nice to see Biomech is still around, my favourite pizza place guy with a cool hat Cheesy

Coinmarket Cat prowls once again.
https://twitter.com/VarvarinEMC2
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 05:24:39 PM

Well Well Well ... this does bring back some fond memories. Nice to see Biomech is still around, my favourite pizza place guy with a cool hat Cheesy

Been a LONG time since I was a pizza guy... But I still have the hat! Cheesy
It's good to be back. Though I still think Theymos should rename the forum to Mos Eisley.
cryptoctrader

Activity: 263

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 05:28:59 PM

@Soundposition have you also been in contact with Cryptopia regarding the swap? Will they list the new token and cooperate?

The new token will be listed on larger exchanges like Bittrex and Poloniex on the standard basemarkets (BTC/ETH etc.) not LTC markets like FUNK.

Im very glad to see the fiery discussion here!!! That shows that there is indeed something great to come (I guess it would pump the coin if LTC/DOGE market were open at Cryptopia)  Grin!!!!

Let FUNK rock this year!!!!
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 05:42:44 PM

Im very glad to see the fiery discussion here!!! That shows that there is indeed something great to come (I guess it would pump the coin if LTC/DOGE market were open at Cryptopia)  Grin!!!!

Let FUNK rock this year!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10uRa4oENus Play That Funky Music!

And fix my BBcode skillz. Can't make it a proper link today Tongue
LoveandPeace2018

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 07:07:30 PM

Hi Soundposition,

THX
Andy

Yes, of course. The website is almost finished. It looks fantastic. Our very passionate web developer is doing a great job on it. I had hoped to launch the site before the end of 2017. The holidays slowed everything down a little bit, but now things are picking up pace again.

We have setup the domain name, twitter account, discord, reddit, FB etc.. We have recruited an excellent internet marketing analyst, and also a community manager. We have a developer consultant who helps guide our technical development. We also have a developer for the token. All of them are also working for GameCredits, so for them this is a side project they are interested in being involved in.

We have begun weekly team meetings, scheduled this time with a terrific developer next Saturday, and he's stoked to work on the token.

Finally... Cryptopia appears to be taking the necessary actions to restore the markets. There's nothing we can do about that at the moment as we are all simply waiting for the servers to upgrade.

P.S. Mike the new token is going to be gained by exchanging FUNK. 500 FUNK will equal 1 new token. There will be a supply reduction this way. We definitely care about the old chain, because people will have to exchange FUNK to obtain the new token.

I suggest reading the white paper on the website once launched. It will explain in much more detail.

You can't continue to fool everyone. You have posted about new Website around September 2017. I wonder why building a website will take forever..  Maybe you are hosting in the moon. Your sweet talks about the development on this project brought someone like me. I had to sold one of my investments which if I had leave would have worth much more.

Or better still, @soundposition, Can you discuss with your so called team.. They should give us dates to expects their updates, then if the dates are not met, other people can start working on the project. If this is a real community coin, This is what we need.

LoveandPeace2018

I have provided an update. The decisions you make are your own. If you sold one of your investments, that's your business. I don't think you will have the patience for this project, and I suggest you involve yourself with some other project.

I'm not sure what group you consider yourself to be a part of. You talk of 'us' and 'we' and really there is only you. You don't speak for other people on this forum. You are basically a troll and not a helpful community member. I am kindly requesting that you stop posting here.

Thank you.

You asked why I speaks for people. I have the same right as you. You are the only one here writing on the Devs behalf (We dont even know if the DEVS really exists, only you have been posting here for so long). If you want to be so sure how WE investors are not happy about your reactions, you can make a troll, If you win, I will dash you all my FUNK token and gladly leave here for life.

I can't believe a great project like this can be in the mold all because of someone's incompetence. Even the tokens we get for free as airdrop are doing fine not talking of what we paid for.

Am so used to your promises that I have to always consider them as lies.... I mean We cant wait on empty promises. I stand against this and we all do
Newcomers should please just read few threads back, then you will all understand what I mean.

Let me first say that your English is horrible, so I suggest brushing up on your English. Your name is LoveandPeace and you are anything except Love or Peace. I resent your insults, and suggest you live up to your name. Go be peaceful, quiet, and tranquil. Learn to love and have respect.

I have the blessing from the original developer of FUNK Simon de la Rouviere to continue this project, with the original support from the FUNK community (which you are not actually a part of). You are trying to usurp the project, which I will not allow you or anyone else to do.

I started contributing to this project back in 2014, and contributed a large collection of original music to the project. LoveandPeace is simply an 'investor' and not even a musician who is simply unhappy with the 15X increase in value of their FUNK holdings. It's called GREED.

Please do not support this troll, and if he convinces Mike from HashUnlimited to fork please don't run their wallet. HashUnlimited is a developer for Einsteinium coin. Einsteinium coin was taken over by the same person we fired at GameCredits for running GameCredits into the ground last year before we hired Sergey as our CEO. I strongly suspect LoveandPeace is that person.

Oh my English? am not from English speaking country, you've got problem with that? Yes, my name is love and peace, it might not seem like peace to you now, but at the end, people will always look back and give credit. there's always hatred in saying the truth and that exactly is what is happening to you now.If there is any improvement on this project, do you think there would be need for actions? how long have I been peacefully telling you about this? any result since then?

I am still on my points. If there is no development soonest, other people will take over..
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 07:51:02 PM

I just want to weigh in on this with a slight opinion. Ok, I don't have slight opinions Cheesy

I'm not terribly impressed with the idea of a token. Sure, they're easier to make than an actual coin, and sure, they are backed by the Ethereum blockchain, but think about those two things for a moment.

second things first, the Ethereum blockchain faced and failed to overcome the scaling obstacles that Bitcoin is dealing with RIGHT NOW, the day it launched. They don't have a real plan to deal with it, either.

And tokens ARE easy to make. How are you gonna differentiate FUNK from the others? Cloning a satoshi coin requires quite a bit more knowledge than making a token. That being said, EVERYTHING ELSE about Etherium is much more difficult than BTC/Satoshi based coins. From cold storage to multisig, Eth is a fucking mess. It's ugly, inelegant, and prone to failure.

OTOH, you could with relative ease fork Funk as it stands, either modifying or eliminating KGW, and/or switching to a less ugly algorithm. Scrypt is going to continue to cause the recent problems, because any dink with a couple grand can buy an L3+ and hang the chain. Sure, it does eventually catch again, but it can be (and twice in the last four days HAS) been more than a day between blocks.

I see two easy ways to solve these, and one is a soft fork. The other is hard.

The first is to steal some code from BTC testnet, and make it so that if a certain defined time has passed, the difficulty drops. In BTC Testnet 3, it drops to one. I think that is probably too much of a drop, but it is the right idea, but perhaps make it incremental.

e.g. it drops to 10 diff if an hour has passed, 5 at 2 hours, 2.5 at 3 hours, and then to one if it still hasn't broken a block. This would correct the excess of KGW throwing the brakes on it, but it's a bandaid. If the coin gets popular, it becomes an avenue of attack.

So, instead, leave KGW, but change to a CPU or at least GPU hard algo, like Prime or X15 or the like. I favor CPU hard, because that makes it so EVERY person holding FUNK will have incentive to contribute to the network.

Well, there's my 2 satoshi's worth Cheesy I'll back the team either way.
soundposition

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 09:54:34 PM
Last edit: January 08, 2018, 11:54:30 PM by soundposition

I just want to weigh in on this with a slight opinion. Ok, I don't have slight opinions Cheesy

I'm not terribly impressed with the idea of a token. Sure, they're easier to make than an actual coin, and sure, they are backed by the Ethereum blockchain, but think about those two things for a moment.

second things first, the Ethereum blockchain faced and failed to overcome the scaling obstacles that Bitcoin is dealing with RIGHT NOW, the day it launched. They don't have a real plan to deal with it, either.

And tokens ARE easy to make. How are you gonna differentiate FUNK from the others? Cloning a satoshi coin requires quite a bit more knowledge than making a token. That being said, EVERYTHING ELSE about Etherium is much more difficult than BTC/Satoshi based coins. From cold storage to multisig, Eth is a fucking mess. It's ugly, inelegant, and prone to failure.

OTOH, you could with relative ease fork Funk as it stands, either modifying or eliminating KGW, and/or switching to a less ugly algorithm. Scrypt is going to continue to cause the recent problems, because any dink with a couple grand can buy an L3+ and hang the chain. Sure, it does eventually catch again, but it can be (and twice in the last four days HAS) been more than a day between blocks.

The first is to steal some code from BTC testnet, and make it so that if a certain defined time has passed, the difficulty drops. In BTC Testnet 3, it drops to one. I think that is probably too much of a drop, but it is the right idea, but perhaps make it incremental.

e.g. it drops to 10 diff if an hour has passed, 5 at 2 hours, 2.5 at 3 hours, and then to one if it still hasn't broken a block. This would correct the excess of KGW throwing the brakes on it, but it's a bandaid. If the coin gets popular, it becomes an avenue of attack.

So, instead, leave KGW, but change to a CPU or at least GPU hard algo, like Prime or X15 or the like. I favor CPU hard, because that makes it so EVERY person holding FUNK will have incentive to contribute to the network.

We are keeping it very simple. Tokens are easy to create. Applications built on top of smart contracts are not as easily implemented.

Eth tokens enable interchangeability between blockchains. You can send tokens from one chain to another. It's a fantastic way to build applications, because you can build in a sandbox without fear of consequences to the other chain. Smart contracts allow for new applications built on top of blockchains. This is what BTC lacks, is an application layer with smart contracts.

The technical and economic problems with the FUNK coin will be solved with the launch of the new token.

Also, just because BitCoin lacks doesn't mean it is not a solid medium. It's as rock solid as SHA-256, not a shabby algo.

cryptoctrader

Activity: 263

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 04:09:18 AM

FUNK rocking at YOBIT!!!! WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE   Cheesy
kamakura

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 04:14:59 AM

same way you added mgo to trex Cheesy
kamakura

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 04:21:27 AM

Hi Soundposition,

THX
Andy

500 four years old coins for 1 new token

and then pump FUNK once you collect them all Cheesy
LoveandPeace2018

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 06:41:32 AM

May God bless you. I so much love your idea. Someone raised this same suggestion some pages back. Building this project on ETH is such a wrong idea. Even small kids can use solidity to build a giant token even if he can copy and paste then edit few lines and implement it with less than 2 USD for Gas fee.

FUNK should be forked and make CPU (only) mine-able, It can also be "proof of work". I know doing this will be very tedious but it does worth it. Why not let other people help you on this... Hashunlimited already offered to assist with this project.

It's so funny thou that soundposition has been working for this project on Solidity since more than 6 Months ago.

@sounposition, Don't be adamant, listen to advice and yield to them.
kamakura

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:15:56 AM
Last edit: January 09, 2018, 07:42:13 AM by kamakura

I'm still hanging around on vacation (or held hostage by a well overpriced hotel like I would call it) but at least I was able to have a good look into the wallet / node code. The upgrade needs to be done in 2 steps, first one to sneak in BIP65 and BIP66 as they are still following Bitcoin's isSuperMajority rule and it wouldn't be worth the effort to change those to BIP9 as well IMO. The required hard forks can take place there as well. Second, we could simply upgrade to the latest version whatever this will be but I guess Litecoin 0.14 codebase is the way to go.

I also agree that the new specifications need to be fixed and frozen before actually getting some code out in the wild. There for feel free to discuss them and get us on thinking, coding and testing ;-)

Hi Mike. After discussing everything with our devs, we have decided not to do any hard forking. The only option for a long term project is to create an ETH token, most likely using the ERC223 token standard. Right now we are working on a killer web design, and our devs are now looking directly at the project.

TSP

Hello HashUnlimited, I suggest you continue with this project, Better we get a fork of this project. This project is currently in the wrong hands. Soundposition has just been deceiving people all these while. Little spike in price was not because of development. It happens to all crypto.. I cant believe a project like this is not gaining traction when even the shittest of coin are gaining momentum presently.

Sound position have been posting about working on new website since more than 5 Months ago. If website takes a whole year to build, then working on the Coin itself will take a decade.

I joined this project because of the interesting update I got which am sure brought a lot of people too. You should not take us for granted.

Dear HashUnlimited, Please Let's fork this project and they should continue with whatever they want with this old shit.. I am so sure so many people will support you like I  did.

Yup, 'little' spike in price of 15x in a month happens to all crypto, especially to those with no ongoing development, and those with no future.

No.

Many of the unpopular coins have showed such spike!!! And seems like many more will do, just watch!!!!

Well, the code itself if I remember right is plain bitcoin protocol without any fancy stuff inside, the only issue is that KGW which is basically acting like a handbrake. The code itself can be done in a week or less.

Please don't tamper with the code. We are working hard on launching the new token.

Who cares? If a large part of the community would like to see the chain continue, why not. For the ticker change you need to pay anyways.

The team that is working on this project care a lot. The chain has continued for almost 4 years now without any tampering. We are investing a lot of time and resources into this project, and have a lot of passion and talent driving this project forward. We are paying the costs for development, marketing and spending a great deal of time on this.

I don't get it, once you are working on a new token, next time you care about the then obsolete chain. What now? New Token or old Chain?

I am not comfortable swapping all my coins, but 50% yes.
Lets start core upgrade to see which road leads to success. No hard feelings, it is a side project for all of us. And is worth nothing.

I would say, Mike go ahead and fork the chain, you have my support.
kamakura

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:26:05 AM

Hi Soundposition,

THX
Andy

LoveandPeace2018

Thank you.

What languages do you speak by the way? Crypto is international thing
Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 »
  Print  

Jump to: