Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 11:38:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 [733] 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 ... 1743 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Blacknet BLN | Staking | Future of zApp & ZeFi  (Read 2509634 times)
IconicExpert

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 09:17:47 PM

Now Taking Pre-Orders - BlackCard Wallet Card

We are now accepting pre-orders for the BlackCoin Wallet Card!!! Please click here to place your order: http://www.blackcoincard.com

Price: $20.00 + Free Shipping!

Pre-Orders will be from today until 4/18/2014. First Batch will be shipping out the week of May 1st!

Only the first batch will be the limited edition version!

The official website launches 4/14/2014 @ 5:00PM EST
Anyhow:

ORDER NOW:

Please note: The image is just a low resolution mock-up. The actually card will be high resolution supper glossy plastic with vibrant colors.

So what exactly is the Blackcoin Card Wallet?

The BlackCoin Card Wallet is a completely branded BC card with a pull out USB dongle. It will be loaded with a custom BlackCoin start menu and the wallet pre loaded. When you insert the wallet into your computer the menu will automatically launch, and you will have access to your wallet, current market prices, BC news, and other elements all in one place! What makes this exciting is you will not only be able to keep your wallet with you at all times, in the event you need to access your funds you will be able to do it at any Windows computer. The blockchain and all other data will already be loaded on the card. (Obviously if you do not plug the card in regularly it will take longer for it to sync). Also, the launcher will automatically update the wallet to the current version automatically.

Another benefit of the card is you can pre-load as many coins as you like and give the cards away to family and friends as "gift cards". They will not need to be tech savvy to use it! Just insert and go! This is a great way to introduce others to BlackCoin.

And lets be honest, wouldn't it be cool to walk around with a BlackCoin wallet card with the sexy logo?

Pick yours up here: http://www.blackcoincard.com

can someone confirm the free shipping is worldwide before i order? Specifically EU

Yes free shipping worldwide!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
fiftyseven

Activity: 427
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 09:18:14 PM

I admire your commitment, IconicExpert. One more ordered!
negamus

Activity: 245

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 09:27:26 PM

Maybe you missed several of my posts? The end user can remove all of the software that is pre-loaded and install their own. Someone can even create their own menu launcher and make it available as open source. I am not Apple I am not forcing anyone to use the pre-loaded software. I know you guys are use to dealing with anonymous people from unknown countries. However, this is not one of those cases. When the site is live there will be an actual address and contact number. No reputable corporation would ever give out their source code to random people online unless it was open source. The problem with open source in this case, 50 people will copy what we have done and just do the same thing in a week. Is that what you really want? If they want to copy the idea that is fine, but they will have to code it themselves.

As a developer I completely understand.  I too maintain a very tight reign on my source code (as it's my livelihood at stake).

On the other hand there are two risks that as a PR/Marketing guy you can understand well... as you've already as it relates to your company and it's reputation... basically brand dilution or destruction.

This is a pretty fine line to walk here.  While I'm perfectly fine (for personal use and that of my friends) in being able to wipe and reload at will.  With something carrying the BC logo and name... but allowing anyone to wipe and 're-purpose' it remains a potential problem in another scenario.  Suppose someone (who is not honest and supportive of BC long-term) purchases a number of the cards and loads a keylogger or similar malware on it, or even more simplistically simply dumps the private keys associated with the wallets... and then hands them to people who then load them up... and wake up to missing BC - the damage would be smaller than a 'Mt. Gox-ing' but could still represent a threat to the brand itself.

On the other hand if the code was 'vetted' by Maarx and Rat4 - perhaps with a MD5 on the site which would be checked to verify that the entire contents of the card (other than blockchain and wallet.dat obviously) hadn't changed since issuance.  That might go a long way to assure holders that it was safe to load value onto the card.

Something to keep in mind at least, as although today 1,000 BC might seem like chump-change... it might be a good used car's worth in a year. Wink

So whats to stop that from happening after its vetted . . . it changes nothing.

R A D I X   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   The Decentralized Finance Protocol
█████████ GET TOKENS █████████    Facebook      Telegram      Twitter
The Radix DeFi Protocol is    SCALABLE SECURE COMMUNITY DRIVEN
Soepkip

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 09:32:03 PM
Last edit: April 14, 2014, 03:40:11 PM by Soepkip

Project Accept BlackCoin.

One of the things that make an altcoin important is merchant acceptance. To help with this we want to ask the community to do some footwork. Of course, this is BlackCoin and we will provide you with a prize if you succeed in converting a merchant to a BlackCoin merchant.

The fund is 20,000 BC big, and it will be given out in the following fashion:

500 BC - If you convert a new Brick & Mortar shop to a CoinKite client that accepts BlackCoin
300 BC - For new ‘high value’ merchants that do not yet accept any Crypto
200 BC - For new merchants that either do not yet accept any Crypto or only accept BTC at the moment
50 BC - For new merchants that accept several sorts of Crypto’s already.

These bounties are for the person that converts these merchants, not for the merchants themselves unless they themselves decide to add BlackCoin to their store. However, you can share your bounty with the merchant you add if you wish.

Proof has to be provided in the form of e-mails etc. These can be printscreens shown to Soepkip in the ##blackcoin channel on IRC or in PM here on BTCTalk.

* ‘high value’ means a high ranking in their field, a store that is popular within it’s product group.
* http://www.blackcoin.co/update-2/accepted-here-signs/ ← Signs for merchants.
* http://www.coinpayments.net is the currently the only payment processor for BlackCoin.
* http://www.coinkite.com will support BlackCoin come June 1st!
** ALL SUBMISSIONS ON APPROVAL BASIS **

2800 of 20,000 has been used so far!

████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████

->  BLOCKTIX  ->  Ticketing platform with a dual blockchain on Ethereum for event hosting
-> WEBSITE - SLACK - TWITTER - FORUM
-> Join our community to learn about our upcoming ICO
IconicExpert

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 09:36:46 PM

I admire your commitment, IconicExpert. One more ordered!

Thank you...I appreciate your support!!!
ski92

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 09:39:48 PM

Project Accept BlackCoin.

One of the things that make an altcoin important is merchant acceptance. To help with this we want to ask the community to do some footwork. Of course, this is BlackCoin and we will provide you with a prize if you succeed in converting a merchant to a BlackCoin merchant.

The fund is 40,000 BC big, and it will be given out in the following fashion:

1000 BC - If you convert a new Brick & Mortar shop to a CoinKite client that accepts BlackCoin
800 BC - For new ‘high value’ merchants that do not yet accept any Crypto
600 BC - For new merchants that either do not yet accept any Crypto or only accept BTC at the moment
200 BC - For new merchants that accept several sorts of Crypto’s already.

These bounties are for the person that converts these merchants, not for the merchants themselves unless they themselves decide to add BlackCoin to their store. However, you can share your bounty with the merchant you add if you wish.

Proof has to be provided in the form of e-mails etc. These can be printscreens shown to Soepkip in the ##blackcoin channel on IRC or in PM here on BTCTalk.

* ‘high value’ means a high ranking in their field, a store that is popular within it’s product group.
* http://www.blackcoin.co/update-2/accepted-here-signs/ ← Signs for merchants.
* http://www.coinpayments.net is the currently the only payment processor for BlackCoin.
* http://www.coinkite.com will support BlackCoin come June 1st!
** ALL SUBMISSIONS ON APPROVAL BASIS **

Ive emailed http://www.scan.co.uk/  as they added bitcoin a couple of months ago Smiley

Also good job on the card IE, looking forward to mine might buy a couple more as gifts, looks so nice ha.

#Blackcoin Friday, once you go black......... Wink
Soepkip

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 09:41:06 PM

We are now accepting pre-orders for the BlackCoin Wallet Card!!! Please click here to place your order: http://www.blackcoincard.com

Pre-Orders will be from today until 4/18/2014. First Batch will be shipping out the week of May 1st!

Anyhow:

ORDER NOW:

Please note: The image is just a low resolution mock-up. The actually card will be high resolution supper glossy plastic with vibrant colors.

The BlackCoin Card Wallet is a completely branded BC card with a pull out USB dongle. It will be loaded with a custom BlackCoin start menu and the wallet pre loaded. When you insert the wallet into your computer the menu will automatically launch, and you will have access to your wallet, current market prices, BC news, and other elements all in one place! What makes this exciting is you will not only be able to keep your wallet with you at all times, in the event you need to access your funds you will be able to do it at any Windows computer. The blockchain and all other data will already be loaded on the card. (Obviously if you do not plug the card in regularly it will take longer for it to sync). Also, the launcher will automatically update the wallet to the current version automatically.

Another benefit of the card is you can pre-load as many coins as you like and give the cards away to family and friends as "gift cards". They will not need to be tech savvy to use it! Just insert and go! This is a great way to introduce others to BlackCoin.

And lets be honest, wouldn't it be cool to walk around with a BlackCoin wallet card with the sexy logo?

ORDER NOW!

████
██████████████████████

->  BLOCKTIX  ->  Ticketing platform with a dual blockchain on Ethereum for event hosting
virtualfaqs

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 09:46:40 PM

Quick! Buy up all the BC to 10,000 sats. Then you can get the Wallet Card for for less BC! Genius!  Grin

https://twitter.com/virtualfaqs
Looking for altcoin pump advice? Then follow me.
gonzoucab

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 09:51:29 PM

If the cards haven't actually been printed yet, a very large consensus of people in IRC have agreed "Once you go black..." is needed to be changed. I don't keep up with this thread so I'm not sure if that spilled over here, but Soepkip was in on the discussions and has some ideas. I love everything about the card except for that slogan on it, it's sophomoric.

In my opinion indeed: Loose the Once you go Black. The rest looks freaking awesome.

You can go with:

www.BlackCoin.co
Meet Black.

Or indeed www.BlackCoinCard.com

I prefer the www.BlackCoin.co as people will find the right information directly!

As soon as they insert the card they will have all the info right at their fingertips.

Will the software installed on the USB key be Open Source? can we have a look at the code?

No..it is a commercial product. I do not want every coin developer copying and pasting the code, and then recreating what we have done. However, you do not have to run the software included. You can just load the standard wallet alone and lose the custom start up menu, it is your choice. The start menu is just launcher that gives you access to everything associated with BC, it also can auto update the wallet when a new version is released.

if people cant review the code, who can we be sure it doesnt have a backdoor?

Crypto is here because FOSS Free Open Souce Software, i will never use a non open source wallet. Nor work in a closed form manner, thats not the spiryt of crypto

thats my opinion.
gonzoucab

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 09:54:27 PM

So you are gonna develop from scratch a wallet and make propietary so no body will copy it.

I bet you will use large ammount of Open Source Coda, is a cryme agaisnt humanity to use FOSS code and then
sell it as comercial. be carefull.
Soepkip

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 09:55:46 PM

So you are gonna develop from scratch a wallet and make propietary so no body will copy it.

I bet you will use large ammount of Open Source Coda, is a cryme agaisnt humanity to use FOSS code and then

There is approval by the developer, also the wallet code is open source. The start application on the USB wallet is not open source as that is licensed to IconicExpert.

████
██████████████████████

IconicExpert

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 09:56:39 PM

If the cards haven't actually been printed yet, a very large consensus of people in IRC have agreed "Once you go black..." is needed to be changed. I don't keep up with this thread so I'm not sure if that spilled over here, but Soepkip was in on the discussions and has some ideas. I love everything about the card except for that slogan on it, it's sophomoric.

In my opinion indeed: Loose the Once you go Black. The rest looks freaking awesome.

You can go with:

www.BlackCoin.co
Meet Black.

Or indeed www.BlackCoinCard.com

I prefer the www.BlackCoin.co as people will find the right information directly!

As soon as they insert the card they will have all the info right at their fingertips.

Will the software installed on the USB key be Open Source? can we have a look at the code?

No..it is a commercial product. I do not want every coin developer copying and pasting the code, and then recreating what we have done. However, you do not have to run the software included. You can just load the standard wallet alone and lose the custom start up menu, it is your choice. The start menu is just launcher that gives you access to everything associated with BC, it also can auto update the wallet when a new version is released.

if people cant review the code, who can we be sure it doesnt have a backdoor?

Crypto is here because FOSS Free Open Souce Software, i will never use a non open source wallet. Nor work in a closed form manner, thats not the spiryt of crypto

thats my opinion.

Before posting please take a few minutes and read the previous posts. This has been covered extensively. The wallet is NOT closed source, just the menu launcher. you CAN remove all of the pre-loaded software and replace it with anything you desire.
negamus

Activity: 245

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 09:57:25 PM

I want to point out the menu launcher is not open source, that was created in house. However, the wallet is open source and no changes were made to the wallet. Just think of when you insert a CD for the first time for a new graphics card, usually a cool menu pops up and then you are able to make selections..etc..etc. Well it is the same thing. However, the menu is related to everything BC.

R A D I X   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   The Decentralized Finance Protocol
█████████ GET TOKENS █████████    Facebook      Telegram      Twitter
The Radix DeFi Protocol is    SCALABLE SECURE COMMUNITY DRIVEN
gonzoucab

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 09:59:19 PM

There is approval by the developer, also the wallet code is open source. The start application on the USB wallet is not open source as that is licensed to IconicExpert.

So is just a USB Drive with a launching program for an open source normal BC wallet.  thats cool

The start app its trivial and the only non-open

good idea, kudos to you.

How many megabytes will have of memory this usb drive?
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 09:59:48 PM

Looks  very stylish! Smiley

In that noir design it looks awesome!
Soepkip

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 10:00:55 PM

So is just a USB Drive with a launching program for an open source normal BC wallet.  thats cool

good idea, kudos to you.

4GB Smiley

████
██████████████████████

gonzoucab

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 10:04:21 PM

good idea, kudos to you.

4GB Smiley

i gave an idea! you have a lot of space on 4GB so we can create something like BAMT but for wallets, that would be neat
I hole operative system with your wallet, can access anywhere just by booting on it and more secure.
Malcolm Magneto X

Activity: 37

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 10:05:31 PM

Quick! Buy up all the BC to 10,000 sats. Then you can get the Wallet Card for for less BC! Genius!  Grin
That's assuming that the price of the card will always remain the same...
Degolep

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 10:07:48 PM

OMG awesome card will order 100% !
Seio1

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 10:10:42 PM

Anyhow:

ORDER NOW:

Personally, I would put BlackCoin Wallet Card in place of Accepted Worldwide. It doesn't actually say on the card itself, what it really is. All credit/debit cards do say on them that they are a "credit, debit" card. In this case, it should stick out on it, that it's a WALLET CARD. Or maybe put it in front, leaving the "accepted worldwide" as it is. Just my 2 cents  Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 [733] 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 ... 1743 »
  Print  

Jump to: