Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 09:43:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 [762] 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 ... 1743 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Blacknet BLN | Staking | Future of zApp & ZeFi  (Read 2509634 times)
BlackCoinNewbie

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 05:58:28 PM

Prelude.io has BC/USD market, which will help BC decouple from BTC price. Let's do it guys and gals! Go over there and show some support. It will only help BlackCoin grow even further!
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hamm3r

Activity: 245
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 05:59:24 PM

Soepkip, if coinkite will name us BLK, wouldn't it be better for other exchanges to adopt to this name? I can imagine new investors could get confused when they'd want to buy BLK but can't find that on the exchange?
Well, adopt to one shortcut overall, anyway?
kyma

Activity: 479

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 06:00:33 PM

alright you want some volume on prelude.. i'll contribute my 1-2 btc Wink

BitcoinForumator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 06:02:32 PM

How exactly does the Staking work and do you need to keep the wallet open constantly to get your share? Or can you just open the wallet every now and then and let it update to "your stake"? Is it better to keep it open constantly or it doesn't matter?
jiosefjd

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 06:04:49 PM

Looks like the pump to 19k has stabilized somewhere between 15.5-16.5k...
Jilixi

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 06:06:03 PM

BlackCoin Store is now live!

Blackcoinstore.com

We want to offer customers a smooth and easy buyer experience. By offering a well sorted and easy to find items that you need!

We would also like to point out that whatever the community comes up with that they would like to sell to a bigger crowd BlackCoin Store is the place to go. We will resell your product for you without any fees.

BlackCoin Store is a non-profit website, meaning the owner (ME) doesnt take any profits into my own pocket, everything goes back to the website or the BlackCoin Foundation. Regarding the BlackCoin Foundation a fixed percent TBD the comming week of the profits will always go to the foundation. Special marked products will benefit the Foundation even more, more information on that later.

We have limited products up right now but more can be expected the comming 3-4 days.

We are still in development, you might see some pages being updated on the fly.

There are some Bounties for those creative out there, they can be found HERE! follow the instructions on the page.

Sign up on the website and remember to check for the newsletter for awesome updates on the store
Also follow us on twitter: BlackCoinStore

Thank you and Welcome to BlackCoin Store

Remember there are bounties to grab here!

We need some designs for T-shirts, Pens, Hats, Keychains etc send your thoughts and images on products you would like to see and we will reward you! (Use the Contact us link at the bottom of the website)

Donations are also very welcome! they make me able to add even more products!

\/\/\/

Owner of BlackCoin Store - BlackCoin Store
BC: BNatbck1SDJebHRMQemkUEFPVZR9uLHLrM
BTC: 161EcdmbgmxpZMk2ssZCjGQqB6gypduu97
zwiggelbig

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 06:07:41 PM

So what is the reason that litecoin got up to prices above 10 dollars?
Cozz now I See no reason why blackcoin can't do this aswell.. Seeing as its on coinkite next to litecoin soon..
Litecoins will face asics people will turn to blackcoin? hmm

It was tied to BTC value explosion in Nov 2013, that is often explained simply "because China".

+1

Then what was the reason for PPC's outbreak?

Every coin unfortunately is tied to BTC in value, but BC is being pumped. It will follow BTC in a few months, same happened with Doge.

Doge is crazy inflationary as it is. It peaked community size and adoption quickly and then community expansion slowed down significantly (I'm speaking mainly about subreddit subscriber count) but there was a constant supply (despite one halvening) of DOGE every day.. In other words - community can't keep up with influx of new coins, it's not because pump and dump, these guys are kinda big and whale-proof at this point.

EDIT: and DOGE is designed to be mined fully early next year, 100bil total supply. It's now 70% mined, the community has ~1 year of expansion to absorb 30% remaining coins. I still have faith in them and probably gonna buy more, because such mass of people just make things happen.

Their devs were just so stupid to make waaaaay to many coins.

lonely@thetop

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 06:07:56 PM

How exactly does the Staking work and do you need to keep the wallet open constantly to get your share? Or can you just open the wallet every now and then and let it update to "your stake"? Is it better to keep it open constantly or it doesn't matter?

You need to keep your wallet open and unlocked to receive compound interest, if you open it just rarely you will get your 1% yearly interest on coins not moved for 8 hours as your stash will have gained "weight" during that time, but you won't benefit from compound interest.

Staking earns you money and helps secure the network but I personally would not do it on a Windows platform, but it's just me, I keep my wallets strictly linux, compiled from source.
zwiggelbig

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 06:09:33 PM

Soepkip, if coinkite will name us BLK, wouldn't it be better for other exchanges to adopt to this name? I can imagine new investors could get confused when they'd want to buy BLK but can't find that on the exchange?
Well, adopt to one shortcut overall, anyway?

I still hate coinkite for doing this.. What makes it that all coins need to have a 3 letter ascosiation. Just make it BC. Or BLC

jiosefjd

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 06:09:44 PM

Cozz now I See no reason why blackcoin can't do this aswell.. Seeing as its on coinkite next to litecoin soon..

It was tied to BTC value explosion in Nov 2013, that is often explained simply "because China".

+1

Every coin unfortunately is tied to BTC in value, but BC is being pumped. It will follow BTC in a few months, same happened with Doge.

Doge is crazy inflationary as it is. It peaked community size and adoption quickly and then community expansion slowed down significantly (I'm speaking mainly about subreddit subscriber count) but there was a constant supply (despite one halvening) of DOGE every day.. In other words - community can't keep up with influx of new coins, it's not because pump and dump, these guys are kinda big and whale-proof at this point.

EDIT: and DOGE is designed to be mined fully early next year, 100bil total supply. It's now 70% mined, the community has ~1 year of expansion to absorb 30% remaining coins. I still have faith in them and probably gonna buy more, because such mass of people just make things happen.

Same issue with MINT, which obviously has a lot of similarities to BC. Just way too many coins.
virtualfaqs

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 06:11:20 PM

You need to keep your wallet open and unlocked to receive compound interest, if you open it just rarely you will get your 1% yearly interest on coins not moved for 8 hours as your stash will have gained "weight" during that time, but you won't benefit from compound interest.

Staking earns you money and helps secure the network but I personally would not do it on a Windows platform, but it's just me, I keep my wallets strictly linux, compiled from source.

If you keep your wallet open 24/7, you'll get roughly 1.01%.

Can anyone confirm you actually have to open your wallet and confirm the BC before staking starts? Or does it happen automatically as soon as someone send you BC?

https://twitter.com/virtualfaqs
Looking for altcoin pump advice? Then follow me.
alison03

Activity: 294

★Trash&Burn [TBC/TXB]★

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 06:11:35 PM

THE NEXT STEP:

Finally the news from Coinkite, the press release and everything else is hitting home and having it's effect on the price of BlackCoin.
However this is just a small step for us, we aim to be the next big crypto currency out there and a $ 5 million marketcap is -nothing-.

However, to keep momentum going we need YOU to help us out!

We want to get added to more Point of Sale systems and also Payment Processors so MORE MERCHANTS can join BlackCoin in it's rise to stardom.
One of the bigger names in this space is Moolah, these guys have things brewing that will amaze the Crypto Community and we would like to be a part of that.

Today Moolah reached out to us, if we reach 50 BTC in trading volume over a 24 hour period we will get added to ALL their services the SAME DAY. 50 BTC is not much seeing as we have traded over 1200 BTC in the past 24 hours on MintPal alone.

You can make this happen!

Read:
https://twitter.com/moolah_io/status/455010709479620608

Now:
Signup at http://www.prelude.io
Sent over some BC or BTC
Go trade.

They also have USD markets!
https://www.prelude.io/trade/usd/bc

We are at about 1.5 BTC as of this post. Please make this happen, even if you loose a little BC or BTC in the trades, your worth will go up by your help!
GO GO GO

Thanks, volume is growing slowly, let's make a wave ppl!

Just registered.
lonely@thetop

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 06:12:29 PM

Can anyone confirm you actually have to open your wallet and receive the BC before staking starts? Or does it happen automatically as soon as someone send you BC?

You need to open and unlock, the little arrow bottom right reports the current staking status, if it's open but locked says "not staking" or something similar.
advanced

Activity: 267

Woodwallets.io

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 06:14:44 PM

I WANT TO CELEBRATE TODAY :

Wooden wallet for Blackcoin, Special edition.

This is not a pre-order shit speculation. You pay now (also in BC), I'll ship it tomorrow. This is not scam: Jon Matonis( president of bitcoin association)  got one  -> https://twitter.com/jonmatonis/statuses/439340302147801088

We offer the wallet in three versions:

Pay with BC and get 20% discount.

We don't want your private key, you need to encrypt it before placing the order.

Please Read the FAQ: https://woodwallets.io/faq/

If you don't get it or don't know how to encrypt the key, ask me anything. In alternative, get the public address version Wink

+20K

Thanks!  So good to be here

Bitmessage : BM-NAx31aEiqeq5zKUtxhKscXQ7Dwn1jJfR
virtualfaqs

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 06:15:58 PM

Can anyone confirm you actually have to open your wallet and receive the BC before staking starts? Or does it happen automatically as soon as someone send you BC?

You need to open and unlock, the little arrow bottom right reports the current staking status, if it's open but locked says "not staking" or something similar.

Yes, I know about this. For example, let's say I had 10K in my wallet and then someone sent me 10K BC. I didn't open my BC wallet for 1 year to confirm that transaction. After 1 year, I open it would I get 1% of my 10K or 1% of my 20K?

https://twitter.com/virtualfaqs
Looking for altcoin pump advice? Then follow me.
lonely@thetop

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 06:16:01 PM

+1

Same issue with MINT, which obviously has a lot of similarities to BC. Just way too many coins.

Not the same, remember the dev premined 700 million AFAIK and then asked community to donate, when questioned about the premine failed to account for it. It also had a rough start with UPNP bugs making wallet sync difficult for many people, it has no awesome community where BC was smooth sailing minute one. Literally. I was mining it 4th minute after release, there were no premine, no hickups along the way, rat4 was amazing all times, pools were up, diff was adjusted quickly (1min AFAIK) meaning fair distribution between miners.
lonely@thetop

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 06:17:33 PM

Yes, I know about this. For example, let's say I had 10K in my wallet and then someone sent me 10K BC. I didn't open my BC wallet for 1 year to confirm that transaction. After 1 year, I open it would I get 1% of my 10K or 1% of my 20K?

Don't take my word 100% but staking should not happen until your wallet is 100% sync'ed to the network. And the network (blockchain) is what cointains your ballance, not you wallet - your wallet is just a container of public+private key pairs. Basically, you don't need to open it after receiving coins, but you need to sync it (obviously). Wallet knows your coin age from the blockchain.
BitcoinForumator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 06:19:16 PM

Ok let's say I have 1000BC - will this be dilluted a lot if I don't "stake"? As far as I know the number of BC coins is increasing all the time?
mining-man

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 06:21:03 PM

Heard on IRC couple of people are going to try and pump it over 20k in 40mins to make that the new floor.
lonely@thetop

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 06:21:45 PM

Ok let's say I have 1000BC - will this be dilluted a lot if I don't "stake"? As far as I know the number of BC coins is increasing all the time?

If you don't stake it you will keep having the same 1000 BC after a year, someone else with 1000 BC staking it will have roughly 1010 BC after a year. If you have a constantly up device with network connectivity staking is a good idea otherwise only worth it if you have a serious amount and care about the compound interest.
Pages: « 1 ... 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 [762] 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 ... 1743 »
  Print  

Jump to: