Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 02:32:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 [732] 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 ... 1743 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Blacknet BLN | Staking | Future of zApp & ZeFi  (Read 2509638 times)
IconicExpert

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 08:42:57 PM

If the cards haven't actually been printed yet, a very large consensus of people in IRC have agreed "Once you go black..." is needed to be changed. I don't keep up with this thread so I'm not sure if that spilled over here, but Soepkip was in on the discussions and has some ideas. I love everything about the card except for that slogan on it, it's sophomoric.

In my opinion indeed: Loose the Once you go Black. The rest looks freaking awesome.

You can go with:

www.BlackCoin.co
Meet Black.

Or indeed www.BlackCoinCard.com

I prefer the www.BlackCoin.co as people will find the right information directly!

As soon as they insert the card they will have all the info right at their fingertips.

Will the software installed on the USB key be Open Source? can we have a look at the code?

No..it is a commercial product. I do not want every coin developer copying and pasting the code, and then recreating what we have done. However, you do not have to run the software included. You can just load the standard wallet alone and lose the custom start up menu, it is your choice. The start menu is just launcher that gives you access to everything associated with BC, it also can auto update the wallet when a new version is released.

If the software is built upon open source software, like every other BC wallet, then it has to be open source. Right?

I want to point out the menu launcher is not open source, that was created in house. However, the wallet is open source and no changes were made to the wallet. Just think of when you insert a CD for the first time for a new graphics card, usually a cool menu pops up and then you are able to make selections..etc..etc. Well it is the same thing. However, the menu is related to everything BC.

To put this debate to rest:

Would you agree 1 or 2 experienced, and trusted coders looked at the preloaded software before you sent these cards out? I'm sure rat4 is willing, as will maarx probably be.

If rat4 is willing to give me all his personal info and sign a NDA, then sure!

I am willing to. I am interested in testing the final version of the software before it goes out.

I will only allow rat4 to vet the source. In the past for one of my security products I used a 3rd party company to vet the source.

For various reasons- you need the software to be auditted. Very easily, you can slip in some code that steals blackcoins. Even if people use custom encrypted wallets.

Maybe you missed several of my posts? The end user can remove all of the software that is pre-loaded and install their own. Someone can even create their own menu launcher and make it available as open source. I am not Apple I am not forcing anyone to use the pre-loaded software. I know you guys are use to dealing with anonymous people from unknown countries. However, this is not one of those cases. When the site is live there will be an actual address and contact number. No reputable corporation would ever give out their source code to random people online unless it was open source. The problem with open source in this case, 50 people will copy what we have done and just do the same thing in a week. Is that what you really want? If they want to copy the idea that is fine, but they will have to code it themselves.
MuffinMaster

Activity: 1414
Merit: 265

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 08:45:02 PM

If the cards haven't actually been printed yet, a very large consensus of people in IRC have agreed "Once you go black..." is needed to be changed. I don't keep up with this thread so I'm not sure if that spilled over here, but Soepkip was in on the discussions and has some ideas. I love everything about the card except for that slogan on it, it's sophomoric.

In my opinion indeed: Loose the Once you go Black. The rest looks freaking awesome.

You can go with:

www.BlackCoin.co
Meet Black.

Or indeed www.BlackCoinCard.com

I prefer the www.BlackCoin.co as people will find the right information directly!

As soon as they insert the card they will have all the info right at their fingertips.

Will the software installed on the USB key be Open Source? can we have a look at the code?

No..it is a commercial product. I do not want every coin developer copying and pasting the code, and then recreating what we have done. However, you do not have to run the software included. You can just load the standard wallet alone and lose the custom start up menu, it is your choice. The start menu is just launcher that gives you access to everything associated with BC, it also can auto update the wallet when a new version is released.

If the software is built upon open source software, like every other BC wallet, then it has to be open source. Right?

I want to point out the menu launcher is not open source, that was created in house. However, the wallet is open source and no changes were made to the wallet. Just think of when you insert a CD for the first time for a new graphics card, usually a cool menu pops up and then you are able to make selections..etc..etc. Well it is the same thing. However, the menu is related to everything BC.

To put this debate to rest:

Would you agree 1 or 2 experienced, and trusted coders looked at the preloaded software before you sent these cards out? I'm sure rat4 is willing, as will maarx probably be.

If rat4 is willing to give me all his personal info and sign a NDA, then sure!

I am willing to. I am interested in testing the final version of the software before it goes out.

I will only allow rat4 to vet the source. In the past for one of my security products I used a 3rd party company to vet the source.

For various reasons- you need the software to be audited. Very easily, you can slip in some code that steals blackcoins. Even if people use custom encrypted wallets.

Indeed. The nature of the internet. Even a registered company. Maarx works with Soepkip and rat4. You want these guys to give you the all clear.

Sure you can remove the software, but if you can get audited by the official blackcoin dev team that would lend you a lot of credibility.

IconicExpert

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 08:46:56 PM

Indeed. The nature of the internet. Even a registered company. Maarx works with Soepkip and rat4. You want these guys to give you the all clear.

Sure you can remove the software, but if you can get audited by the official blackcoin dev team that would lend you a lot of credibility.

The only dev is rat4, and I have already stated if he is willing to provide his personal info and sign an NDA he would be allowed to vet the source. Now this has been discussed and answered multiple time.
hyeoam

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 08:48:18 PM

Charts here: http://crypto-prices.com/BC

Donate BTC: 1NRG17fYCNcfQvQHC3G9TUAowNKsM4oTWA
foaman

Activity: 274

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 08:50:55 PM

The only dev is rat4, and I have already stated if he is willing to provide his personal info and sign an NDA he would be allowed to vet the source. Now this has been discussed and answered multiple time.

I think we need someone more credible.  I thought Fyrstikken was a software manager we could trust him to verify the software >.>
MuffinMaster

Activity: 1414
Merit: 265

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 08:55:11 PM

I think we need someone more credible.  I thought Fyrstikken was a software manager we could trust him to verify the software >.>

we should have him do some kind of exchange, I hear he has lots of experience....

IconicExpert

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 08:56:04 PM

I think we need someone more credible.  I thought Fyrstikken was a software manager we could trust him to verify the software >.>

Please do not post FUD. If you do not want to buy the card that is your choice. I have been a software engineer for over 14 years. Created more products than most the people on this forum. The whole logic behind this debate is flawed. Millions of coins are sent to Mintpal and Cryptsy every day. Did you ask for thier code to be audited? Do you have a physical address and/or number for either one of those services?

Here is one of my current products: http://www.baixaki.com.br/download/music-chow.htm
digicidal

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 08:56:20 PM

Maybe you missed several of my posts? The end user can remove all of the software that is pre-loaded and install their own. Someone can even create their own menu launcher and make it available as open source. I am not Apple I am not forcing anyone to use the pre-loaded software. I know you guys are use to dealing with anonymous people from unknown countries. However, this is not one of those cases. When the site is live there will be an actual address and contact number. No reputable corporation would ever give out their source code to random people online unless it was open source. The problem with open source in this case, 50 people will copy what we have done and just do the same thing in a week. Is that what you really want? If they want to copy the idea that is fine, but they will have to code it themselves.

As a developer I completely understand.  I too maintain a very tight reign on my source code (as it's my livelihood at stake).

On the other hand there are two risks that as a PR/Marketing guy you can understand well... as you've already as it relates to your company and it's reputation... basically brand dilution or destruction.

This is a pretty fine line to walk here.  While I'm perfectly fine (for personal use and that of my friends) in being able to wipe and reload at will.  With something carrying the BC logo and name... but allowing anyone to wipe and 're-purpose' it remains a potential problem in another scenario.  Suppose someone (who is not honest and supportive of BC long-term) purchases a number of the cards and loads a keylogger or similar malware on it, or even more simplistically simply dumps the private keys associated with the wallets... and then hands them to people who then load them up... and wake up to missing BC - the damage would be smaller than a 'Mt. Gox-ing' but could still represent a threat to the brand itself.

On the other hand if the code was 'vetted' by Maarx and Rat4 - perhaps with a MD5 on the site which would be checked to verify that the entire contents of the card (other than blockchain and wallet.dat obviously) hadn't changed since issuance.  That might go a long way to assure holders that it was safe to load value onto the card.

Something to keep in mind at least, as although today 1,000 BC might seem like chump-change... it might be a good used car's worth in a year. Wink
virtualfaqs

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 08:58:43 PM

How would you know if Maarx, Soepkip or rat4 approved launcher or a different launcher was actually in the final product?

https://twitter.com/virtualfaqs
Looking for altcoin pump advice? Then follow me.
IconicExpert

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 09:00:59 PM

As a developer I completely understand.  I too maintain a very tight reign on my source code (as it's my livelihood at stake).

On the other hand there are two risks that as a PR/Marketing guy you can understand well... as you've already as it relates to your company and it's reputation... basically brand dilution or destruction.

This is a pretty fine line to walk here.  While I'm perfectly fine (for personal use and that of my friends) in being able to wipe and reload at will.  With something carrying the BC logo and name... but allowing anyone to wipe and 're-purpose' it remains a potential problem in another scenario.  Suppose someone (who is not honest and supportive of BC long-term) purchases a number of the cards and loads a keylogger or similar malware on it, or even more simplistically simply dumps the private keys associated with the wallets... and then hands them to people who then load them up... and wake up to missing BC - the damage would be smaller than a 'Mt. Gox-ing' but could still represent a threat to the brand itself.

On the other hand if the code was 'vetted' by Maarx and Rat4 - perhaps with a MD5 on the site which would be checked to verify that the entire contents of the card (other than blockchain and wallet.dat obviously) hadn't changed since issuance.  That might go a long way to assure holders that it was safe to load value onto the card.

Something to keep in mind at least, as although today 1,000 BC might seem like chump-change... it might be a good used car's worth in a year. Wink

The code being vetted would not prevent the scenario you just described.
foaman

Activity: 274

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 09:01:21 PM

I think we need someone more credible.  I thought Fyrstikken was a software manager we could trust him to verify the software >.>

Please do not post FUD. If you do not want to buy the card that is your choice. I have been a software engineer for over 14 years. Created more products than most the people on this forum. The whole logic behind this debate is flawed. Millions of coins are sent to Mintpal and Cryptsy every day. Did you ask for thier code to be audited? Do you have a physical address and/or number for either one of those services?

Here is one of my current products: http://www.baixaki.com.br/download/music-chow.htm

I was just trying to be funny not spread FUD!  I for one trust IconicExpert already without the software being vetted.  I wish I could buy the blackcoincard with my credit card I don't wanna cash out my BC to buy.  
Ziploc

Activity: 405

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 09:02:36 PM

How would you know if Maarx, Soepkip or rat4 approved launcher or a different launcher was actually in the final product?

as the previous person said...hash (MD5) of other to confirm that the original soft wasn't touched...

even better if the check would be included and run automatically at start-up...

PS. Iconic no offence and so far you've proven yourself....but you don't know where it will end up...and the hash check is a really good idea..even for your reputation, if someone breaks something and use the cards with wrong intentions you would also be covered...
Soepkip

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 09:04:08 PM

As a developer I completely understand.  I too maintain a very tight reign on my source code (as it's my livelihood at stake).

This is a pretty fine line to walk here.  While I'm perfectly fine (for personal use and that of my friends) in being able to wipe and reload at will.  With something carrying the BC logo and name... but allowing anyone to wipe and 're-purpose' it remains a potential problem in another scenario.  Suppose someone (who is not honest and supportive of BC long-term) purchases a number of the cards and loads a keylogger or similar malware on it, or even more simplistically simply dumps the private keys associated with the wallets... and then hands them to people who then load them up... and wake up to missing BC - the damage would be smaller than a 'Mt. Gox-ing' but could still represent a threat to the brand itself.

On the other hand if the code was 'vetted' by Maarx and Rat4 - perhaps with a MD5 on the site which would be checked to verify that the entire contents of the card (other than blockchain and wallet.dat obviously) hadn't changed since issuance.  That might go a long way to assure holders that it was safe to load value onto the card.

The code being vetted would not prevent the scenario you just described.

Easy solution, tamper proof sticker on the packaging Smiley

████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████

->  BLOCKTIX  ->  Ticketing platform with a dual blockchain on Ethereum for event hosting
-> WEBSITE - SLACK - TWITTER - FORUM
-> Join our community to learn about our upcoming ICO
maarx

Activity: 882
Merit: 517

cloverdex.io

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 09:04:39 PM

I was just trying to be funny not spread FUD!  I for one trust IconicExpert already without the software being vetted.  I wish I could buy the blackcoincard with my credit card I don't wanna cash out my BC to buy.  

I trust IconicExpert too Smiley
And I will definetely get myself one of these cards =P

It's just we have lot of people into software here. So the discussion is a legit one to them/us. If a trusted company can vet the software and verify the end- product software is the same- that would help though Smiley

But you're on that, I believe, IE Smiley

.What is Cloverdex platform?.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ANN Thread | Website
Telegram | Twitter
Whitepaper | Reddit
Soepkip

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 09:10:12 PM

I trust IconicExpert too Smiley
And I will definetely get myself one of these cards =P

It's just we have lot of people into software here. So the discussion is a legit one to them/us. If a trusted company can vet the software and verify the end- product software is the same- that would help though Smiley

But you're on that, I believe, IE Smiley

Jup, and I trust IE too Smiley. He has proven himself before and is working hard on helping the BC brand.
That said, a healthy discussion on safety for new people is important.

- If you vet the software by 3rd party I think everyone will be happy, don't count on that being rat4 by the way.
- I think my tamperproof sticker is also a good idea, for people to see that there was no abuse during transit / by resellers(?).

████
██████████████████████

->  BLOCKTIX  ->  Ticketing platform with a dual blockchain on Ethereum for event hosting
IconicExpert

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 09:10:16 PM

I am going to point out something very important. Everyone here wants BC to go to the moon, no one more than probably me. I understand everyone's concerns,  but what you are actually doing is slowly killing BC. There was mistrust with the press release, and then even after the release was live fud by OUR members was posted. Now here WE have a chance to raise the bar and do something different, and instead of trusting that I want the best for BC, you post 3 pages of FUD. If you guys do not stop BC will become the next MINT. Do not get comfortable with the 9000+, people are just holding to see what is going to happen next.
maarx

Activity: 882
Merit: 517

cloverdex.io

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 09:11:50 PM

I am going to point out something very important. Everyone here wants BC to go to the moon, no one more than probably me. I understand everyone's concerns,  but what you are actually doing is slowly killing BC. There was mistrust with the press release, and then eve after the release was live fud by OUR members was posted. Now here WE have a chance to raise the bar and do something different, and instead of trusting that I want the best for BC, you post 3 pages of FUD. If you guys do not stop BC will become the next MINT. Do not get comfortable with the 9000+, people are just holding to see what is going to happen next.

That is not true. You get 3 pages with mixed comments of enthousiasm and with questions on how secure it all will be.

Those latter questions also have to do with enthusiasm.

Dont' take it for fud.

--

Also, Soepkip's idea is great, to seal the things.

.What is Cloverdex platform?.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ANN Thread | Website
Telegram | Twitter
Whitepaper | Reddit
Soepkip

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 09:13:05 PM

Now Taking Pre-Orders - BlackCard Wallet Card

We are now accepting pre-orders for the BlackCoin Wallet Card!!! Please click here to place your order: http://www.blackcoincard.com

Price: $20.00 + Free Shipping!

Pre-Orders will be from today until 4/18/2014. First Batch will be shipping out the week of May 1st!

Only the first batch will be the limited edition version!

The official website launches 4/14/2014 @ 5:00PM EST
Anyhow:

ORDER NOW:

Please note: The image is just a low resolution mock-up. The actually card will be high resolution supper glossy plastic with vibrant colors.

So what exactly is the Blackcoin Card Wallet?

The BlackCoin Card Wallet is a completely branded BC card with a pull out USB dongle. It will be loaded with a custom BlackCoin start menu and the wallet pre loaded. When you insert the wallet into your computer the menu will automatically launch, and you will have access to your wallet, current market prices, BC news, and other elements all in one place! What makes this exciting is you will not only be able to keep your wallet with you at all times, in the event you need to access your funds you will be able to do it at any Windows computer. The blockchain and all other data will already be loaded on the card. (Obviously if you do not plug the card in regularly it will take longer for it to sync). Also, the launcher will automatically update the wallet to the current version automatically.

Another benefit of the card is you can pre-load as many coins as you like and give the cards away to family and friends as "gift cards". They will not need to be tech savvy to use it! Just insert and go! This is a great way to introduce others to BlackCoin.

And lets be honest, wouldn't it be cool to walk around with a BlackCoin wallet card with the sexy logo?

Pick yours up here: http://www.blackcoincard.com

████
██████████████████████

PDcologne

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 09:14:06 PM

Now Taking Pre-Orders - BlackCard Wallet Card

We are now accepting pre-orders for the BlackCoin Wallet Card!!! Please click here to place your order: http://www.blackcoincard.com

Price: $20.00 + Free Shipping!

Pre-Orders will be from today until 4/18/2014. First Batch will be shipping out the week of May 1st!

Only the first batch will be the limited edition version!

The official website launches 4/14/2014 @ 5:00PM EST
Anyhow:

ORDER NOW:

Please note: The image is just a low resolution mock-up. The actually card will be high resolution supper glossy plastic with vibrant colors.

So what exactly is the Blackcoin Card Wallet?

The BlackCoin Card Wallet is a completely branded BC card with a pull out USB dongle. It will be loaded with a custom BlackCoin start menu and the wallet pre loaded. When you insert the wallet into your computer the menu will automatically launch, and you will have access to your wallet, current market prices, BC news, and other elements all in one place! What makes this exciting is you will not only be able to keep your wallet with you at all times, in the event you need to access your funds you will be able to do it at any Windows computer. The blockchain and all other data will already be loaded on the card. (Obviously if you do not plug the card in regularly it will take longer for it to sync). Also, the launcher will automatically update the wallet to the current version automatically.

Another benefit of the card is you can pre-load as many coins as you like and give the cards away to family and friends as "gift cards". They will not need to be tech savvy to use it! Just insert and go! This is a great way to introduce others to BlackCoin.

And lets be honest, wouldn't it be cool to walk around with a BlackCoin wallet card with the sexy logo?

Pick yours up here: http://www.blackcoincard.com

can someone confirm the free shipping is worldwide before i order? Specifically EU

BTC now accepted @ www.pcandmining.de Gridseed Re-seller in Germany, custom rig builds, and accessories.
BTC -  1MsgzuVnshJGLpUcjja6U8UsjCTjk8QzyK
BC   - B5xG6yYStDn92MT16RXHsL4bPdZd1DChJq
LTC  -  LfarCLG5sap2o31sAujxV1iorkwk4V8Ggk
IconicExpert

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 09:15:42 PM

I am going to point out something very important. Everyone here wants BC to go to the moon, no one more than probably me. I understand everyone's concerns,  but what you are actually doing is slowly killing BC. There was mistrust with the press release, and then eve after the release was live fud by OUR members was posted. Now here WE have a chance to raise the bar and do something different, and instead of trusting that I want the best for BC, you post 3 pages of FUD. If you guys do not stop BC will become the next MINT. Do not get comfortable with the 9000+, people are just holding to see what is going to happen next.

That is not true. You get 3 pages with mixed comments of enthousiasm and with questions on how secure it all will be.

Those latter questions also have to do with enthusiasm.

Dont' take it for fud.

--

Also, Soepkip's idea is great, to seal the things.

There was always going to be a authenticity seal supplied. However, this still will not stop someone from just having their own cards made and putting malware. So, the MD5 hash idea is good, but that is only good for some people. A person who has no clue what an MD5 hash was would still be at risk. Nothing is perfect and maybe over time we would figure something out.
Pages: « 1 ... 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 [732] 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 ... 1743 »
  Print  

Jump to: