Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 11:51:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 [183] 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 ... 1743 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Blacknet BLN | Staking | Future of zApp & ZeFi  (Read 2509652 times)
radi324

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Muniti creator

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 11:44:10 AM

Right, this post is going to be long and tedious, but hopefully it will be worth the read. We've nearly finished the POW stage and there's no concrete plan for the coin so far. A no-premine coin has its advantages but also its disadvantages - this coin has to be pushed by the community. YOU are the community; no, not the guy posting above or below you, but you, the one who is reading this. Keeping that in mind is the first stage towards elevating BC - if we rely on others to do all the work, this coin will crash and die, which is a pity because I believe it's the best POW-to-POS coin out there, and not some Mintcoin/Zeitcoin crap with a huge pre-mine for the former (4%) and self-moderated topic for the latter.

So, how to push this coin? First of all, send 1% of your total holdings for bounties. The current bounties are simply not attractive enough; if you want to make money, you have to shell out money, that's a basic and fundamental law of economics. 1% is nothing to you but if every person sends out 1%, we can get the bounty pot up in no time. Bounties have been paid immediately from what I've seen so far, so there should be no fear of scamming or anything of the sort. After all, who in their right mind would steal an amount of BCs worth, let's say, $300 when in 2 weeks' time, with no tampering and honest trading, BCs might (and I believe they will) quadruple in value?

Next, presentation. The current website is crap, with all respect due to those who took their own time to create it and maintain it. I for one check websites before turning my miner onto a coin, since I'm not a pump-and-dumper but an investor. If the website is a 2-minute job, I look for other options straight away, no questions asked. We're dealing in a virtual environment here, and with nothing tangible, then the next best thing is online presentation. Screw that up, and you've shot yourself in the foot. Set up a bounty of 30k BC for a decent website and that should get the ball rolling faster.

Go ahead and stick BC in your sig. I for one have to do this as soon as I'm finished with this post; keep in mind that this thread is the most watched and the best means of spreading the word about BC. If people come on here and see a strong community behind this coin, and if people with BC in their sig post in other topics as well, why that's just great. Your sig might be the diference between an undecided newbie going for BC or some other crap alt-coin with no future ahead. As I said, this coin is community-driven and you have to do your part, just like everyone else.

Exchanges - forget Cryptsy for now, Cryptsy is only suitable for well-established coins with a set floor-value and a stable scenario set for a long time. We've already been introduced to way more exchanges than I'd personally like, and I'm afraid this might be detrimental to the coin if it's not handled properly. It's no use telling people to hold onto coins - this business is rife with teenagers who see a $20 profit as a Saturday night full of booze, and telling them not to dump is like telling them not to get all hot and bothered when a lass with a mini-skirt passes by.

There is an exception to what I've just said - btc38. Guys, you have no idea how much influential that exchange is. I've been in cryptocurrencies for nearly a year now, and ever since October, I've noticed a firm and steady trend - every coin which makes it on btc38 gets shot upwards. Oh by the way, just an aside: don't keep blabbing "to the moon, to the moon" like some infantile retard. That's the typical phrase for a pump-and-dump coin. We're not a P&D, but a coin with the potential to change the current game. Remember, it's all about presentation. Back to what I was saying - we need to attract the Chinese population to this coin. Spam every Chinese crypto-forum you know of with this coin, make them want it and most importantly, make them understand the potential of this coin. Even if you have to use Google translate, go ahead and do it.

Last but not least - usability. Is it possible that no one on here has an online small-time business going on? What's up? Start accepting Blackcoin as your preferred mode of payment! Even if it's a silly keychain or a soft-toy, people want to use their coins, especially with an interest-generated coin such as this one. Keep the initial capital, spend the interest - isn't this what it should be all about? Also, Dev should start thinking about the possibility for a BC-USD direct exchange. This has not been implemented yet with any coin afaik, at least not with any coin which has come out in the last 6 months or so. That would be a massive boost to BC.

If you've managed to read through all this, well done, you're a patient person. If you agree with what I've said, feel free to send some spare BCs to my address:

BPA9DnbpEgYRfE7mAyRwJd45PfjLmmeKnw

If not, please do point out anything which you did not agree with and let's discuss it. Don't forget to send more BCs for bounties! Let's go guys!

Just an add-on:

COMMUNITY DONATION ADDRESS
BAsdtYwvu3a1ErmY7GxWM5squAJnwBJM1c

[MUN] Muniti - Malta's National Cryptocurrency - http://www.muniticoin.com/

Bitcointalk thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=545886.0
Soepkip

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 11:48:40 AM

Right, this post is going to be long and tedious, but hopefully it will be worth the read. We've nearly finished the POW stage and there's no concrete plan for the coin so far. A no-premine coin has its advantages but also its disadvantages - this coin has to be pushed by the community. YOU are the community; no, not the guy posting above or below you, but you, the one who is reading this. Keeping that in mind is the first stage towards elevating BC - if we rely on others to do all the work, this coin will crash and die, which is a pity because I believe it's the best POW-to-POS coin out there, and not some Mintcoin/Zeitcoin crap with a huge pre-mine for the former (4%) and self-moderated topic for the latter.

So, how to push this coin? First of all, send 1% of your total holdings for bounties. The current bounties are simply not attractive enough; if you want to make money, you have to shell out money, that's a basic and fundamental law of economics. 1% is nothing to you but if every person sends out 1%, we can get the bounty pot up in no time. Bounties have been paid immediately from what I've seen so far, so there should be no fear of scamming or anything of the sort. After all, who in their right mind would steal an amount of BCs worth, let's say, $300 when in 2 weeks' time, with no tampering and honest trading, BCs might (and I believe they will) quadruple in value?

Next, presentation. The current website is crap, with all respect due to those who took their own time to create it and maintain it. I for one check websites before turning my miner onto a coin, since I'm not a pump-and-dumper but an investor. If the website is a 2-minute job, I look for other options straight away, no questions asked. We're dealing in a virtual environment here, and with nothing tangible, then the next best thing is online presentation. Screw that up, and you've shot yourself in the foot. Set up a bounty of 30k BC for a decent website and that should get the ball rolling faster.

Go ahead and stick BC in your sig. I for one have to do this as soon as I'm finished with this post; keep in mind that this thread is the most watched and the best means of spreading the word about BC. If people come on here and see a strong community behind this coin, and if people with BC in their sig post in other topics as well, why that's just great. Your sig might be the diference between an undecided newbie going for BC or some other crap alt-coin with no future ahead. As I said, this coin is community-driven and you have to do your part, just like everyone else.

Exchanges - forget Cryptsy for now, Cryptsy is only suitable for well-established coins with a set floor-value and a stable scenario set for a long time. We've already been introduced to way more exchanges than I'd personally like, and I'm afraid this might be detrimental to the coin if it's not handled properly. It's no use telling people to hold onto coins - this business is rife with teenagers who see a $20 profit as a Saturday night full of booze, and telling them not to dump is like telling them not to get all hot and bothered when a lass with a mini-skirt passes by.

There is an exception to what I've just said - btc38. Guys, you have no idea how much influential that exchange is. I've been in cryptocurrencies for nearly a year now, and ever since October, I've noticed a firm and steady trend - every coin which makes it on btc38 gets shot upwards. Oh by the way, just an aside: don't keep blabbing "to the moon, to the moon" like some infantile retard. That's the typical phrase for a pump-and-dump coin. We're not a P&D, but a coin with the potential to change the current game. Remember, it's all about presentation. Back to what I was saying - we need to attract the Chinese population to this coin. Spam every Chinese crypto-forum you know of with this coin, make them want it and most importantly, make them understand the potential of this coin. Even if you have to use Google translate, go ahead and do it.

Last but not least - usability. Is it possible that no one on here has an online small-time business going on? What's up? Start accepting Blackcoin as your preferred mode of payment! Even if it's a silly keychain or a soft-toy, people want to use their coins, especially with an interest-generated coin such as this one. Keep the initial capital, spend the interest - isn't this what it should be all about? Also, Dev should start thinking about the possibility for a BC-USD direct exchange. This has not been implemented yet with any coin afaik, at least not with any coin which has come out in the last 6 months or so. That would be a massive boost to BC.

If you've managed to read through all this, well done, you're a patient person. If you agree with what I've said, feel free to send some spare BCs to my address:

BPA9DnbpEgYRfE7mAyRwJd45PfjLmmeKnw

If not, please do point out anything which you did not agree with and let's discuss it. Don't forget to send more BCs for bounties! Let's go guys!
Wink Helpful post, I only have 400BC so cant spare some at the moment but looking to buy (started mining late).
I will sort out a cantonese translation of the OP now, Im not sure where to post it in the chinese forums though? someone got a url?

Chinese translation has been done already Smiley!

████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████

->  BLOCKTIX  ->  Ticketing platform with a dual blockchain on Ethereum for event hosting
-> WEBSITE - SLACK - TWITTER - FORUM
-> Join our community to learn about our upcoming ICO
radi324

Muniti creator

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 11:50:05 AM

Might be that only the traditional Chinese thread has been created. Has the Cantonese version been written as well?

Soepkip

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 11:51:09 AM

Might be that only the traditional Chinese thread has been created. Has the Cantonese version been written as well?

Not sure, but this one has been written:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=493451.msg5438845#msg5438845

████
██████████████████████

->  BLOCKTIX  ->  Ticketing platform with a dual blockchain on Ethereum for event hosting
asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 11:52:58 AM

i don't understand: why people keep mining if now blackcoin is 100% PoS?Huh
kclaw

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 11:53:52 AM

Grin Grin Grin Grin ;Dbtc38这个网站是不会上BC这个币的,他们思想太保守了.相反比特儿有可能 Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
maccd123

Activity: 223

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 11:54:07 AM

i don't understand: why people keep mining if now blackcoin is 100% PoS?Huh

Its not--9340 Block
Zackgeno96

Activity: 1778
Merit: 520

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 11:55:04 AM

9237..... wrong block number bud

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
now2ai8

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 11:57:01 AM

Block 9085 Now. NOT FAR FROM completion  Grin
25-30 hours maybe
What are folks predictions for the moments after?

Well prices are already starting to creep up very slowly

I predict by block 9500 things will begin to get interesting

After block 10,000 I really have no idea

WARNING:

There will be more blocks before PoW ends! Since block 5000 lot's of blocks have been PoS!

Let me ask this again.  Can you give us an idea how much longer PoW will continue if it were to continue after block 10000?  
radi324

Muniti creator

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 11:57:39 AM

Grin Grin Grin Grin ;Dbtc38这个网站是不会上BC这个币的,他们思想太保守了.相反比特儿有可能 Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Can you please push Blackcoin on Chinese forums? That would be great Smiley

maccd123

Activity: 223

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 11:57:52 AM

9237..... wrong block number bud

Chill Bill
Zackgeno96

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 12:00:08 PM

mass amounts of buyer's on mintpal might see 2k satoshi soon if not more Smiley

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
smc259

Activity: 11

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 12:00:25 PM

First of all, what is P2Pool?
P2Pool is one huge, peer-to-peer pool based on the original coin protocol.

How does it work?
Miners connect to "Nodes" and all of the P2Pool "Nodes" connect to each other, forming one big pool.  

What are the advantages?  
  • Your mined coins will be deposited directly into your wallet, they are never held by any pool "operator" and cannot be lost due to incompetence or fraudulent behavior.
  • Node hash size doesn't matter. Even if you mine on a small node, blocks are found with the entire P2Pool network! You'll get the same payouts no matter how large or small the hash rates on your pool.
  • You will get better rewards: P2Pools award transaction fees from black rewards to the miners.
  • P2Pool is DDoS resistant, it is impossible to DDoS the entire peer-to-peer P2Pool network, at best all someone can do is knock a node offline, in which case your client will just switch to one of your failover nodes.
  • You do not have to register on any pool sites, etc. all you need is a wallet address which you will use as your username, and your rewards will be paid directly into your wallet.
  • Most P2Pool nodes have <1% fees, and if you want 0% fees, you can even set up your own node on your local network.
  • Even if the node you are using goes down, you will not lose a single micro payment, as the network itself stores your pending rewards, and will distribute them to you as normal.

Are there any disadvantages?  
  • It's not really a disadvantage, but it takes longer for you to receive useable coins as they have to mature in the blockchain before they can be awarded to you. Don't panic if you don't receive your rewards quickly, they will arrive!  
  • You need at least 200kH/s to mine effectively on P2Pool.

Here's a few bits of info you should know about P2Pool before you start looking for nodes:
  • It is normal to receive high rejection rates on P2Pool, P2Pool generates work a lot faster than regular pools and as a result you are going to end up with stale shares. All you need to do is ensure your current Reject % is equal to or lower than the P2Pool network average. (currently 24% rejects is the average). Having a reject rate lower than the average will allow you to profit off of other people's rejected shares. (Even more rewards, yay!)
  • P2Pool mining is best suited to miners with a minimum of 200kH/s.
  • Your latency to your node matters a lot. High latency means you will have a higher reject rate. When you're looking for nodes you want to ensure that your ping is low.
  • If you connect to a node with no miners currently using it (or a very small number) you will receive massive numbers of HW errors. Don't panic! This is because when a node first starts up, it sets the share difficulty to 0, after 1-2 minutes it will auto-adjust and you will stop receiving HW errors.

Shameless Plug
My dedicated USA West P2Pool node:
http://bc.crewdoginvesting.com:8336/static/  

Example:
cgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://bc.crewdoginvesting.com:8336 -u YourWalletAddress -p x  
BitcoinStacker

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 12:00:46 PM

92,5%!!
Soepkip

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 12:01:59 PM

92,5%!!

I keep telling this, but mining will end on March 3rd 4:40 UTC.
Blocknumbers are not leading. And if they are we would have much less coins in the system making this coin even more scarce.

████
██████████████████████

Zackgeno96

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 12:02:16 PM

big buy wall at 1280 massive amounts of buyer's not sure what's happening prices are going up tho

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
ski92

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 12:02:34 PM

ski92 - take a look here:

http://www.btc38.com/altcoin/

Don't know if it's the correct place but looks like you can post something there
cheers cant see anywhere to post anything will keep looking.

ahh ok i was too slow!

Its in simplified most people should be able to read it, i can still do Cantonese though.

#Blackcoin Friday, once you go black......... Wink
Soepkip

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 12:05:48 PM

ski92 - take a look here:

http://www.btc38.com/altcoin/

Don't know if it's the correct place but looks like you can post something there
cheers cant see anywhere to post anything will keep looking.

ahh ok i was too slow!

Its in simplified most people should be able to read it, i can still do Cantonese though.

If you'd want to, currently have no bounty for it open, but will as soon as i get some donations!

Just got a donation, putting 400 BC on it Smiley!

████
██████████████████████

kclaw

Activity: 57

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 12:06:18 PM

Can you please push Blackcoin on Chinese forums? That would be great Smiley
   在中国已经有很多人关注它了,相信在未来2个月内,BC肯定有所突破, Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
bitwarrior
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 12:06:44 PM

SOMETHING  GREATER BTCBTCBTC
Pages: « 1 ... 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 [183] 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 ... 1743 »
  Print  

Jump to: