Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:50:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 [301] 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 ... 1743 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Blacknet BLN | Staking | Future of zApp & ZeFi  (Read 2509631 times)
svojoe
Legendary

Activity: 968
Merit: 1000

einc.io

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 06:21:27 PM

I think the insights on the multipool's effects on the market are a bit flawed.  As far as the miners go, they're getting a constant stream of BC that they will in turn sell back into the market.  Sure, the pool is buying to supply the miners, but the net could easily be no market movement at all assuming the miners dump their coins back (they almost always do).

But it is an interesting experiment.

Yes, I thought about that as well, but concluded that the group of people who would mine on the multipool would tend to be a very specific subset of the mining population. Namely, BC holders. It resembles a share buyback program of a publicly traded corporation in some respects.  Mine-and-dump players would likely be fishing in other waters, and rightly so. That is my expectation. But as you say, it's an experiment. We'll know by the results.

I don't think it is this simple,  If the multipool is fast and dynamic.  We will 'suck' the cream off of other alts that are on the rise.   I don't see any real-world way for it become a zero-net game for BC really.

The only way I could see the Multi-pool not bringing game-changing price advances is:

100% of multipool BC is dumped immediately back. (even 99% dump is a net-gain)  (though even this would still be volume and activity which is good!)
No one mines in the multi-pool.  Not even 1Mhs.  (yeah right, its going to get hundreds of Mhs at day one)
All other alts or crypto dies immediate... Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
colinfx

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 06:26:03 PM

I think the insights on the multipool's effects on the market are a bit flawed.  As far as the miners go, they're getting a constant stream of BC that they will in turn sell back into the market.  Sure, the pool is buying to supply the miners, but the net could easily be no market movement at all assuming the miners dump their coins back (they almost always do).

Yes, I thought about that as well, but concluded that the group of people who would mine on the multipool would tend to be a very specific subset of the mining population. Namely, BC holders. It resembles a share buyback program of a publicly traded corporation in some respects.  Mine-and-dump players would likely be fishing in other waters, and rightly so. That is my expectation. But as you say, it's an experiment. We'll know by the results.

I don't think it is this simple,  If the multipool is fast and dynamic.  We will 'suck' the cream off of other alts that are on the rise.   I don't see any real-world way for it become a zero-net game for BC really.

The only way I could see the Multi-pool not bringing game-changing price advances is:

100% of multipool BC is dumped immediately back. (even 99% dump is a net-gain)  (though even this would still be volume and activity which is good!)
No one mines in the multi-pool.  Not even 1Mhs.  (yeah right, its going to get hundreds of Mhs at day one)

Only 1 of three things will happen:

1) The blackcoins on sale will be bought up and very gradually will increase or hold the price
2) The blackcoins on sale will be bought up causing a gradual but prolonged increase the price
3) The blackcoins on sale will be bought up causing a fast and prolonged increase the price

Anything other than one of these 3 options is such a remote possibility it is not worth considering?
svojoe
Legendary

einc.io

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 06:37:36 PM

I think the insights on the multipool's effects on the market are a bit flawed.  As far as the miners go, they're getting a constant stream of BC that they will in turn sell back into the market.  Sure, the pool is buying to supply the miners, but the net could easily be no market movement at all assuming the miners dump their coins back (they almost always do).

Yes, I thought about that as well, but concluded that the group of people who would mine on the multipool would tend to be a very specific subset of the mining population. Namely, BC holders. It resembles a share buyback program of a publicly traded corporation in some respects.  Mine-and-dump players would likely be fishing in other waters, and rightly so. That is my expectation. But as you say, it's an experiment. We'll know by the results.

Only 1 of three things will happen:

1) The blackcoins on sale will be bought up and very gradually will increase or hold the price
2) The blackcoins on sale will be bought up causing a gradual but prolonged increase the price
3) The blackcoins on sale will be bought up causing a fast and prolonged increase the price

Anything other than one of these 3 options is such a remote possibility it is not worth considering?

Pretty, much,  if there was a more sure thing in Crypto right now I sure want someone to show it to me.    This new Multi pool empowers 'ME' to increase the value-'store' of BC.  A coin that I like very much.   It allows me to increase its value 'withOUT' using BTC in any direct manner!  I can use existing equipment and others can too.     In general I think hashrate is easier to part with than BTC for most people (not that it is different)

I cannot wait till this friday.  I wish I had the capability to become a highs-stake holder here at the ground floor of tomorrow.

blade87

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 06:39:02 PM

Some also keep asking how this is any different than just mining other alts and buying BC yourself. And the answer is simple - individually we are small, but together we are huge.

Pretty, much,  if there was a more sure thing in Crypto right now I sure want someone to show it to me.    This new Multi pool empowers 'ME' to increase the value-'store' of BC.  A coin that I like very much.   It allows me to increase its value 'withOUT' using BTC in any direct manner!  I can use existing equipment and others can too.     In general I think hashrate is easier to part with than BTC for most people (not that it is different)

Even those who don't have any from the ground floor can benefit, and ever single coin they mine becomes supported by their continual hashing because of the near fixed supply. They can support their mining efforts just by continuously mining.
svojoe
Legendary

einc.io

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 06:41:50 PM

Some also keep asking how this is any different than just mining other alts and buying BC yourself. And the answer is simple - individually we are small, but together we are huge.

Its a automated process,  No real thinking, no switching, constant watching etc.    I never find myself hopping off and on coins by the hour.  I just pick ones I like and mine a while.    The multipool if its dynamic and fast should be way better at converting hashrate to BC/BTC than a average user could.

SeriousCoins14

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Coinoholic

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 06:45:05 PM

Pretty, much,  if there was a more sure thing in Crypto right now I sure want someone to show it to me.    This new Multi pool empowers 'ME' to increase the value-'store' of BC.  A coin that I like very much.   It allows me to increase its value 'withOUT' using BTC in any direct manner!  I can use existing equipment and others can too.     In general I think hashrate is easier to part with than BTC for most people (not that it is different)

Even those who don't have any from the ground floor can benefit, and ever single coin they mine becomes supported by their continual hashing because of the near fixed supply. They can support their mining efforts just by continuously mining.

Aside from what you said, the simple fact that there is going to be a pool that directly places buy orders on black coin, it's quite obvious that we as a community mining this are going to put a great deal of buying pressure on the coin. The price isn't going to sit where it is or drop if we have a growing network putting 24/7 buys on the coin. This is win win as long as we get hash on this pool, I'm going to send all my mining power straight to it.

XBC BTUCL6SoNCMYmvmY7tJ33EdtdvyNL4wdhr
smith7800

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 06:45:32 PM

Introducing the BlackCoin Multipool:

http://www.blackcoin.co/mining/want-to-mine-blackcoin-again/

The first-ever multipool to payout in an altcoin!

Wow!  Nice work!

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/  Free Distribution!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623937
colinfx

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 06:50:34 PM

Aside from what you said, the simple fact that there is going to be a pool that directly places buy orders on black coin, it's quite obvious that we as a community mining this are going to put a great deal of buying pressure on the coin. The price isn't going to sit where it is or drop if we have a growing network putting 24/7 buys on the coin. This is win win as long as we get hash on this pool, I'm going to send all my mining power straight to it.

The multipool benefits the whole BlackCoin holding community.

1. If you are not able to mine, not a miner, then your BlackCoin holding will benefit from constant buying pressure from the BlackCoin miners
2. If you are a miner, your BlackCoin holding will increase in value AND you will also increase your overall holding

So, who loses out? Where does the value come from. I have been thinking about this...

The value being injected in to BlackCoin is being transferred (sucked) from the other coins when their difficulty is low and they are cheap to mine. This value will be transferring in to BlackCoin. The more miners we have, the more value is SUCKED from the other coins and put in to BlackCoin. As there is negligible coin inflation for BlackCoin all the injected value will be held in the BlackCoin currency.

What an amazing idea!
blade87

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 06:53:40 PM

The value being injected in to BlackCoin is being transferred (sucked) from the other coins when their difficulty is low and they are cheap to mine. This value will be transferring in to BlackCoin. The more miners we have, the more value is SUCKED from the other coins and put in to BlackCoin. As there is negligible coin inflation for BlackCoin all the injected value will be held in the BlackCoin currency.

What an amazing idea!

I get it now... BlackCoin is like a black hole that sucks in value! And nothing can escape a black hole!
Jabulon

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 06:56:34 PM

What an amazing idea!

I get it now... BlackCoin is like a black hole that sucks in value! And nothing can escape a black hole!

Yes, blackcoin will in time, as you say "SUCK" all other coins out of existence, and in one final battle consume Bitcoin itself. Then there will only be Blackcoin. And the world will be at peace.

Visit NightBark Music, home of the BlackCoin Music Video! https://www.youtube.com/user/nightbarkmusic
colinfx

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 06:59:40 PM

What an amazing idea!

Yes, blackcoin will in time, as you say "SUCK" all other coins out of existence, and in one final battle consume Bitcoin itself. Then there will only be Blackcoin. And the world will be at peace.

+1 Cheesy
svojoe
Legendary

einc.io

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 07:02:30 PM

What an amazing idea!

Watch this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REVRyOfS56Q

Black coin are the space marines,  ALL other coins are represent by the orks!

The battle is nigh!

bitcoindirect

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 07:05:33 PM

Thanks for the contributions so far!

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/207014/penguin_books_penguin_foundation_charitable/

Charity Box's so far:
BTC-0.03122
LTC-0.00
DOGE-2,006.90
PENG-260,000.00
AURORA-0.00
FLAP-10579.32747051
RIPPLE-0.00
KLONDIKE-0.00
ULTRA-0.00
EARTH-0.00
DARK-0.00
LEAF-0.00
MINT-0.00
BLACK-1234.5678

MuffinMaster

Activity: 1414
Merit: 265

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 07:07:55 PM
Last edit: March 13, 2014, 07:36:18 PM by MuffinMaster

pretty sure these are exchange wallets. They hold everyone coins and then once it reaches the below value, it makes a new wallet.

I'm guessing mintpal

9   BN791jjCYKTk1tWS6KC9sUbWY4ivxLkyg9   975 000.09990000 bc
10   BBPw1RFmUgc1GzLhqHZiEMpXpLF8bJUot8   975 000.09990000 bc

also note there were 3 before, now there is only 2. So people have been transferring coins away.

litecoinbc

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 07:11:23 PM

Link for top 100 wallets please Smiley?
Soepkip

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 07:12:18 PM

What an amazing idea!

Woa. *mindblown*

████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████

->  BLOCKTIX  ->  Ticketing platform with a dual blockchain on Ethereum for event hosting
-> WEBSITE - SLACK - TWITTER - FORUM
-> Join our community to learn about our upcoming ICO
Jabulon

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 07:13:22 PM

Link for top 100 wallets please Smiley?

Bear in mind that any large holder may have, and likely does have, multiple addresses. In fact most people who were part of the PoW probably have at least two - one that they mined into, and a separate one to which they sent purchased coins.

http://agran.net/bc_getbalance.php?top=100

Visit NightBark Music, home of the BlackCoin Music Video! https://www.youtube.com/user/nightbarkmusic
Jabulon

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 07:16:35 PM

What an amazing idea!

Woa. *mindblown*

Mindblowing indeed. Great concept for an animated 'commercial' for blackcoin. I used to work in Maya 5.0 and could have tried it, but I'm out of that now. Anyone else wanna take a whack at that, lol?

ezpen

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 07:41:36 PM
Last edit: March 13, 2014, 07:52:35 PM by ezpen

BC Multipool!

I'm sure you've heard about the multipool that's been worked on for BlackCoin, infact, it's the first multipool to actually PAY OUT in an altcoin!
The multipool works in a very simple way, you point your miners to our server and we make sure you get paid as much as possible from your precious hashes! When you mine with us, we trade the altcoins we mine into BTC, then buy BC at the best possible price, this creates buy pressure for BC. This translates into one thing, BCs will be worth more. Simple as that.

As long as the multipool has ANY hashrate pointed at it, even has little as half a megahash we'll still be creating buy pressure. This means that BC rises in value, the more hashrate pointed at it, the faster it will rise.

Saying that, I would very much appreciate it if you, as a miner, didn't point all your hashrate at our server immidiately. I want everybody to have a taste of what this can be, so I will be limiting each address/IP to maximum 10mhs. This will only be for the duration of the open beta when we have tested the servers/backend. Smiley

Servers will be hosted in europe at first, but I'm planning to open at least 2 more in the beginning. One on the east-coast of the US and one on the west-coast.

If you want to know more, head over to http://bcmultipool.com

Wish you all a happy mining! To the mooooon!
I am With you, as usual. Smiley
fireinyourhole

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 08:44:19 PM

After reviewing this thread for the past few days and fully understanding the potential of Black Coin I have to say that I am all aboard. This coin actually has market potential and can also be extremely useful for merchant purposes if marketed skillfully. You guys see the implications as well correct? As a merchant I would love to utilize Black Coin as an alt that I would accept for transactions as it's design (atm) is fantastic to minimize depreciation risks.

The devs should put out a sizeable bounty for the first Black Coin payment processor. This coin has to be marketed as the perfect coin for businesses.

If a payment processor is created I will integrate it onto my online one stop shop GPU mining store's website.

Have acquired a decent amt of Black Coin, can't understand why there is consistent pressure at 1000 sat despite speculation. I injected over 5 BTC in small orders (.2 - .5) and they were each filled up within 5 minutes of execution. Very impressed to see someone whale watching and looking at the large bag holders - it feels good to be in a coin which will not be manipulated to the extent that other alts are.

The twitter alt bandwagon community will begin buzzing about this coin. This weekend we will see great buy support and pressure lifting us over 2000 sat.

Pages: « 1 ... 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 [301] 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 ... 1743 »
  Print  

Jump to: