Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 06:48:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 [313] 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 ... 1743 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Blacknet BLN | Staking | Future of zApp & ZeFi  (Read 2509654 times)
SeriousCoins14

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Coinoholic

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 04:30:56 PM

Do you guys think we will see 1600 satoshis soon again?
I would't count on it but it could always happen...

It could, the coin is being walled off at 2000 right now which is incredible. coin wants to go over 2k. But if theres manipulation going on I would wait until a dip to buy in.. maybe not going to see 1600 again though.

all it would take would be one big player with 50 btc to buy in and that would start a whole new trend. So far most people that buy in are less then 1 btc, very few have 5-10 btc thrown into this.

I agree, if one big boy comes in the price is going to explode. I put 2 btc in the coin but im broke now.. literally holding dark and all bc at this point.. tempted to sell off the dark and go back to it in a couple days

XBC BTUCL6SoNCMYmvmY7tJ33EdtdvyNL4wdhr
hilgi

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 04:32:34 PM

I re-installed my wallet yesterday and I had to retry to open it a couple times, it has been syncing like 15 hours and hardly moved but a few blocks, any ideas? It shows 16 connections, my coins show in transactions but not in balance or unconfirmed yet.

Try complete resync, i.e. delete all files but save wallet.dat

That is what I did.

Version of wallet?

v1.0.3.0

Send me debug.log

Thanks, I sent some but I need to be able to attach the file, is that possible here?
brightlight
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 04:35:52 PM

Not so far till 1 mlj market cap. Let's do this!  Grin
Undertow8977

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 04:48:27 PM

How long until the pool launches? Can someone repost the link for the countdown?

I think the multipool is honestly a brilliant idea - I hope it plays out as expected. It will be interesting to see how this develops.

One coin to rule them all!

Here you go Smiley

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?p0=136&iso=20140314T20&year=2014&month=3&day=14&hour=20&min=0&sec=0&msg=BC%20Multipool%20launch

Thanks! I didn't have the link you posted earlier and IRC is blocked while im at work :/

proabably a good thing I guess....Smiley
joyztik

Activity: 21

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 04:50:59 PM

This shows how ppl dont understand the concept of BC. What most dont realize is that BC cant be dumped like other mineable coins. Once the pool gets started and assuming everything goes as planned, BC at low prices are history. If you sell now, you will hardly ever see these prices again.
blade87

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 04:53:01 PM

If you guys bought in now, do not panic over any crazy price movement. This coin has an essentially finite supply. I went through the same during PoW week. I held, averaged down, and am now over 100% my average buy price.

And the difference between now and PoW week is you will have hash power to support your investment. In the short-term there will be spikes and dips, but as long as miners continue to mine, inject BTC into the BC market, and hold (at least most of their stash), the BC price can only go up over time thanks to the 1% coin generation rate per year.

Use BC and price movements as a practice to control your emotions. Learn the technique of cost averaging if you must, and of course, only invest what you can afford to lose. But at least you can sleep knowing this idea that you are investing is probably one of the best the ever see the light of day in the crypto market. The community now will actually have some control to the price, as opposed to just being 100% at the mercy of the big whales. Smiley

This shows how ppl dont understand the concept of BC. What most dont realize is that BC cant be dumped like other mineable coins. Once the pool gets started and assuming everything goes as planned, BC at low prices are history. If you sell now, you will hardly ever see these prices again.

Whales can, and will probably still try to flash crash it. But the difference is the community miners are going to be right there picking them right back up! Because what the whales dump, they cannot rebuy with fresh newly generated coins from miners that are mining and dumping non-stop.
Omega0255

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:01:04 PM

It's posts like this that only shows wishful thinking. Certainly BC can be dumped by whales that hold millions of coins. They have the ability to crash the entire market in one go if they wanted to. Just because it's not mined and coins aren't being generated by PoW doesn't mean the coin can't be dumped. That said, we wont see the same kind of gradual deflation of the currency like other coins.
brightlight
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:02:11 PM

Still someone tries to dump. Before the big event in BC history. 3 hours left!
publicjud
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:03:38 PM

What big event?

Join Twetch twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96
brightlight
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:04:50 PM

What big event?

Isn't bcmultipool's opening an event?
exoton

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:05:00 PM

It's posts like this that only shows wishful thinking. Certainly BC can be dumped by whales that hold millions of coins. They have the ability to crash the entire market in one go if they wanted to. Just because it's not mined and coins aren't being generated by PoW doesn't mean the coin can't be dumped. That said, we wont see the same kind of gradual deflation of the currency like other coins.

there is no one holding more then 2% of the coins
scottlilo

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:07:20 PM

If you guys bought in now, do not panic over any crazy price movement. This coin has an essentially finite supply. I went through the same during PoW week. I held, averaged down, and am now over 100% my average buy price.

And the difference between now and PoW week is you will have hash power to support your investment. In the short-term there will be spikes and dips, but as long as miners continue to mine, inject BTC into the BC market, and hold (at least most of their stash), the BC price can only go up over time thanks to the 1% coin generation rate per year.

Use BC and price movements as a practice to control your emotions. Learn the technique of cost averaging if you must, and of course, only invest what you can afford to lose. But at least you can sleep knowing this idea that you are investing is probably one of the best the ever see the light of day in the crypto market. The community now will actually have some control to the price, as opposed to just being 100% at the mercy of the big whales. Smiley

Whales can, and will probably still try to flash crash it. But the difference is the community miners are going to be right there picking them right back up! Because what the whales dump, they cannot rebuy with fresh newly generated coins from miners that are mining and dumping non-stop.

Hey man! Great post, convinced me to run and grab some more Blackcoin! Where could i find more information on the BC pool ? Sounds real interesting, to my knowledge no other coin had a system like that in place.

Poloniex Moderator
publicjud
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:07:26 PM

there is no one holding more then 2% of the coins

How could you possibly know that?

Join Twetch twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96
SeriousCoins14

Activity: 154

Coinoholic

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:11:19 PM

Right, to an extent. The largest wallet in this game is what maybe 1.6 million? Only a few people have the power to do some damage. I don't see anybody buying up a bag of 10 million at these prices just to crash the price to bits. One can speculate either way, I see the pendulum swinging toward a climb overall.

Either way what you say about whales is accurate, BC does not have strong legs at this point. This price could be blasted and send people into a panic sell short term at any time, nothing is guaranteed.

XBC BTUCL6SoNCMYmvmY7tJ33EdtdvyNL4wdhr
Undertow8977

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:12:42 PM

Do you guys think we will see 1600 satoshis soon again?
I would't count on it but it could always happen...

It could, the coin is being walled off at 2000 right now which is incredible. coin wants to go over 2k. But if theres manipulation going on I would wait until a dip to buy in.. maybe not going to see 1600 again though.

all it would take would be one big player with 50 btc to buy in and that would start a whole new trend. So far most people that buy in are less then 1 btc, very few have 5-10 btc thrown into this.

I agree, if one big boy comes in the price is going to explode. I put 2 btc in the coin but im broke now.. literally holding dark and all bc at this point.. tempted to sell off the dark and go back to it in a couple days

Is darkcoin expected to move a lot in the next couple of days? Because I think the potential upside of the pool is worth going from darkcoin to blackcoin for AT LEAST the next couple days
Undertow8977

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:42:27 PM

Right, to an extent. The largest wallet in this game is what maybe 1.6 million? Only a few people have the power to do some damage. I don't see anybody buying up a bag of 10 million at these prices just to crash the price to bits. One can speculate either way, I see the pendulum swinging toward a climb overall.

Either way what you say about whales is accurate, BC does not have strong legs at this point. This price could be blasted and send people into a panic sell short term at any time, nothing is guaranteed.

@joyztik

Your correct, short term. Anyone holding can dump or anyone can buy slowly and dump if they wanted to as well. The difference is that Blackcoin is more likely to slowly climb back up after a massive dump because there isn't the continuous influx of coins from Proof of Work mining. Compare this to, lets say Maxcoin, where somethink like 250k are created everyday. If someone dumps a ton of Maxcoin, the market has to overcome the dump plus the continuous influx of 250k coins being mined and sold daily. If you look at the Maxcoin history it shows exactly that...there's too many coins being created to recover after big sells, which is why its gone down continually since day 1.

What's interesting about Proof of Stake is all the coins are released relatively early with a lower rate of inflation (1%) limiting supply. In my opinion, this gives BlackCoin the potential to greatly increase in supply as there is plenty of room for growth in demand while supply remains at the controlled growth rate of 1%. Obviously, since this is first fully proof of stake coin I have no idea what's going to happen, but there can only be one first time to see what happens!
gofoter

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:43:45 PM

I'm in for this.

Jabulon

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 05:45:13 PM

@joyztik

Your correct, short term. Anyone holding can dump or anyone can buy slowly and dump if they wanted to as well. The difference is that Blackcoin is more likely to slowly climb back up after a massive dump because there isn't the continuous influx of coins from Proof of Work mining. Compare this to, lets say Maxcoin, where somethink like 250k are created everyday. If someone dumps a ton of Maxcoin, the market has to overcome the dump plus the continuous influx of 250k coins being mined and sold daily. If you look at the Maxcoin history it shows exactly that...there's too many coins being created to recover after big sells, which is why its gone down continually since day 1.

What's interesting about Proof of Stake is all the coins are released relatively early with a lower rate of inflation (1%) limiting supply. In my opinion, this gives BlackCoin the potential to greatly increase in supply as there is plenty of room for growth in demand while supply remains at the controlled growth rate of 1%. Obviously, since this is first fully proof of stake coin I have no idea what's going to happen, but there can only be one first time to see what happens!

It resembles what's called 'holding the nuts' in a hand of texas hold'em. Watch this get scary.

Visit NightBark Music, home of the BlackCoin Music Video! https://www.youtube.com/user/nightbarkmusic
Miner232432

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:45:35 PM

If you think these whales hold all their coins in a single wallet you're mistaken.

The coin will be dumped once the pool novelty wears off and no new investors come with more btc to sustain the high prices, the pool alone will not be able to sustain such a high value for a coin which no applicable use apart from being given in exchange for mining crappier coins and what do you think those miners will want to do ? Dump the coin to turn a profit

I'm not saying the pool is a bad thing, it's great seeing the community come together but the reality is everyone is in this for the money not the longevity of the coin and unfortunately that will be this and every other coins demise

I am blunt, don't like it ? Too bad
Jabulon

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 05:48:29 PM

If you think these whales hold all their coins in a single wallet you're mistaken.

The coin will be dumped once the pool novelty wears off and no new investors come with more btc to sustain the high prices, the pool alone will not be able to sustain such a high value for a coin which no applicable use apart from being given in exchange for mining crappier coins and what do you think those miners will want to do ? Dump the coin to turn a profit

I'm not saying the pool is a bad thing, it's great seeing the community come together but the reality is everyone is in this for the money not the longevity of the coin and unfortunately that will be this and every other coins demise

Not disagreeing with every aspect of what you are saying. Nonetheless, I do think your designation of "such a high value" is quite arbitrary. Personally I think the present value is quite low, in comparison to where it is likely headed. Also, the fact that there are limited applications now does not mean they aren't in the pipeline. And indeed they are.

Visit NightBark Music, home of the BlackCoin Music Video! https://www.youtube.com/user/nightbarkmusic
Pages: « 1 ... 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 [313] 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 ... 1743 »
  Print  

Jump to: