Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:12:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 [314] 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 ... 1743 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Blacknet BLN | Staking | Future of zApp & ZeFi  (Read 2509631 times)
Miner232432

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:54:04 PM

Right, to an extent. The largest wallet in this game is what maybe 1.6 million? Only a few people have the power to do some damage. I don't see anybody buying up a bag of 10 million at these prices just to crash the price to bits. One can speculate either way, I see the pendulum swinging toward a climb overall.

If you think these whales hold all their coins in a single wallet you're mistaken.

The coin will be dumped once the pool novelty wears off and no new investors come with more btc to sustain the high prices, the pool alone will not be able to sustain such a high value for a coin which no applicable use apart from being given in exchange for mining crappier coins and what do you think those miners will want to do ? Dump the coin to turn a profit

I'm not saying the pool is a bad thing, it's great seeing the community come together but the reality is everyone is in this for the money not the longevity of the coin and unfortunately that will be this and every other coins demise

Not disagreeing with every aspect of what you are saying. Nonetheless, I do think your designation of "such a high value" is quite arbitrary. Personally I think the present value is quite low, in comparison to where it is likely headed. Also, the fact that there are limited applications now does not mean they aren't in the pipeline. And indeed they are.

I've always regarded BC's true value to be around the 1.5 to 2k mark, however it is also high value after all things considered. There just won't be the BTC volume to sustain that value and as such it becomes a "high" value even if it should be the correct value. All these coins have waves of investment, when investment shifts focus to a different set of coins values of other coins have to drop as there isn't enough overall volume to keep all coins afloat at their natural floors (true value if you must). Once people get bored of this coin they'll shift focus to new coins and take their BTC with them which will lead to unsustainable prices and end up with a crash like we've seen with so many coins. It is the natural order of things currently with all crypto's and until we get more fresh blood investing in crypto's these cycles will continue

I am blunt, don't like it ? Too bad

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Undertow8977

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:58:24 PM

Right, to an extent. The largest wallet in this game is what maybe 1.6 million? Only a few people have the power to do some damage. I don't see anybody buying up a bag of 10 million at these prices just to crash the price to bits. One can speculate either way, I see the pendulum swinging toward a climb overall.

If you think these whales hold all their coins in a single wallet you're mistaken.

The coin will be dumped once the pool novelty wears off and no new investors come with more btc to sustain the high prices, the pool alone will not be able to sustain such a high value for a coin which no applicable use apart from being given in exchange for mining crappier coins and what do you think those miners will want to do ? Dump the coin to turn a profit

I'm not saying the pool is a bad thing, it's great seeing the community come together but the reality is everyone is in this for the money not the longevity of the coin and unfortunately that will be this and every other coins demise

@Miner232432  See, the thing here is that the pool is not a novelty. All of the BTC mined will be converted to BC, thus guaranteeing a perpupetual buy support (relative to the hashing power of the pool) that wouldn't have existed otherwise, as you are no longer able to mine BlackCoin as its fully proof of stake.
MuffinMaster

Activity: 1414
Merit: 265

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:58:40 PM

After Blackcoin hits 2 million  market cap I think it will be time to switch gears.

We need to advertise to the big BTC holders / investors that really like BTC but want a something that isn't so heavily manipulated by massive mining farms, large holders or really shitty exchanges.

Blackcoin can be that store of wealth without all the drama that other coins have.
-No large holders
-no large mining to contend with
-no inflation
-fast transactions
-no established corporate culture

Most big BTC investors wont bother looking at BC until 2+ million though, so BC has to get there on its own.

After some big players have moved then then comes looking at getting merchants involved.

>> that could take BC to 20mil market cap

Undertow8977

Activity: 32

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 06:02:53 PM

Does anyone know if you generate interest while your coins are in a wallet on an exchange? I'm guessing no at this point.

My other question is would the exhanges be able to collect the interest on the coins of the users wallets? Or is this happening already?
Jabulon

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 06:03:03 PM

Not disagreeing with every aspect of what you are saying. Nonetheless, I do think your designation of "such a high value" is quite arbitrary. Personally I think the present value is quite low, in comparison to where it is likely headed. Also, the fact that there are limited applications now does not mean they aren't in the pipeline. And indeed they are.

I've always regarded BC's true value to be around the 1.5 to 2k mark, however it is also high value after all things considered. There just won't be the BTC volume to sustain that value and as such it becomes a "high" value even if it should be the correct value. All these coins have waves of investment, when investment shifts focus to a different set of coins values of other coins have to drop as there isn't enough overall volume to keep all coins afloat at their natural floors (true value if you must). Once people get bored of this coin they'll shift focus to new coins and take their BTC with them which will lead to unsustainable prices and end up with a crash like we've seen with so many coins. It is the natural order of things currently with all crypto's and until we get more fresh blood investing in crypto's these cycles will continue

Yes, at the end of the day, a coin is 'worth' whatever the market will pay for it, for whatever the reason(s). The idea of 'true' or 'correct' value is a little absurd apart from this. Present price reflects not one but many factors, including hype, speculation, and the pricing-in of expectations. And those expectations may be based on real or purely imaginary information. That said, bottom line is I see a lot of promise here. More than in most coins at the present time.

Visit NightBark Music, home of the BlackCoin Music Video! https://www.youtube.com/user/nightbarkmusic
suchnoob

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 06:03:14 PM

I'm sad I couldn't buy back @ 1600. This coins true value is not 1.5-2k, it's way more than that.
blade87

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 06:03:28 PM
Last edit: March 14, 2014, 06:14:59 PM by blade87

There just won't be the BTC volume to sustain that value

Sustaining a price is a PoW coin issue. It's a far different scenario when you have little to no miner/dumper coin generation. (reference to QRK after it was 98% mined followed by 3000% rise and even to this day after coming back to Earth it's still up like 1000% compared to where it all started)

In the end though, you are right that something is only worth what someone else is willing to pay. The multipool will be the foundation for whatever is to come for this coin. As long as interest is maintained or increased, price will continue to rise. With with that said, I absolutely expect whale dumping and flash crashing. Whales are on power trips and will do their best to try and control the market. But this is first coin that actually takes some of that power away from them.

If you're in it to get rich quick, you might be disappointed. But if you're going long, just continued support will work better on this coin than any coin available. Think about buying in at less than $1 million cap as being an IPO investor. Except this is about as fair as an IPO can get - you know the details and you even support yourself quite easily. Where anywhere in the crypto market is such an option available? Smiley

It may work. It may not work. Anything is possible. But this about the most of awesome of an experiment you can be a part of in this market. And this experiment will have a lot of "tests" for sure.
daniel2323

Activity: 23

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 06:11:30 PM

Hi guys,

what do you think of contacting http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com and suggest they should write an article about BC?
Think it would be nice way of spreading the world! Let me know and i can contact them if you wish!

Secondly i have no words for what is happening!!! Just amazing!
Soepkip

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 06:16:13 PM

HOLY FUCK

dat activity here

<3!

████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████

->  BLOCKTIX  ->  Ticketing platform with a dual blockchain on Ethereum for event hosting
-> WEBSITE - SLACK - TWITTER - FORUM
-> Join our community to learn about our upcoming ICO
SeriousCoins14

Activity: 154

Coinoholic

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 06:17:15 PM

I think the one thing we need to heed from this conversation which is true on both ends of the spectrum. This coin needs real material value. It doesn't matter how innovative the idea is, the coin needs to stand on its own two feet before it has sustainable value. I can't go to BlackCoin.com and order ham sandwiches or a mining rig at a set rate, thats the biggest hole in all of these coins. Yes I'm sure the coin will go higher short term, but it is true that it's going to hit its peak and likely drop hard.

Once a lot of bag holders see the volume slowing down, they are going to want to move into another coin thats climbing to earn a quick buck. The alt coin game is really like throwing a ball in the air, what comes up must come down if you don't put something underneath it to hold it up. If we want this coin to reach a HIGH price, and have 100s of btc worth of buy orders for anybody to sell out without crashing the price, we as a community need to add tangible value to it.

XBC BTUCL6SoNCMYmvmY7tJ33EdtdvyNL4wdhr
goldmaxx

Activity: 894
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 06:18:04 PM

HOLY FUCK

dat activity here

<3!

Soepkip...het werd tijd dat bc. deze verdiende aandacht kreeg!

Zackgeno96

Activity: 1778
Merit: 520

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 06:18:34 PM

how long till the multi pool launches?

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
SeriousCoins14

Coinoholic

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 06:20:34 PM

HOLY FUCK

dat activity here

<3!

Soepkip...het werd tijd dat bc. deze verdiende aandacht kreeg!

Much deserved, but how high will it get Wink Cheesy Grin Shocked

Miner232432

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 06:20:42 PM

Sustaining a price is a PoW coin issue. It's a far different scenario when you have little to no miner/dumper coin generation. (reference to QRK after it was 98% mined followed by 3000% rise and even to this day after coming back to Earth it's still up like 1000% compared to where it all started)

In the end though, you are right that something is only worth what someone else is willing to pay. The multipool will be the foundation for whatever is to come for this coin. As long as interest is maintained or increased, price will continue to rise.

No sustaining a price comes from investors not miners, miners never sustain price they just dump and take the BTC

If you guys really think the pool is going to be able to pump out 200 BTC a day to sustain current prices then good luck to you but we should be realistic about this... 200BTC is ALOT to ask for from 1 single source, it's not impossible sure, but consider these factors.

You're going to need alot of miners for 200BTC daily average if we take 0.01Btc per 1mh/day which is the general average every miner tries to strive towards for daily profits, you're going to need 20,000mh in the pool also you're going to need to rely on the coins you've all mined to retain some decent value to turn a profit and the way things are right now that 0.01BTC average looks more like 0.008/9BTC so that's even more miners you're going to need.

I'd say from a realistic point of view BC's value will floor at around 800 to 1k after the initial hype wears off and people get bored and move onto something else unless the coin can offer something with true intrinsic value and purpose other than giving miners BC to convert into BTC or hold for 1% compounded interest

blade87

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 06:24:31 PM

200 BTC a day? At 200 BTC/day the entire BC market would get bought out entirely in a week at the current 1900 satoshi price.  Roll Eyes

Back at the price floors of ~500 and ~800 with little volume, just 1 BTC was enough to move the price up 20%.
suchnoob

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 06:25:56 PM

In the end though, you are right that something is only worth what someone else is willing to pay. The multipool will be the foundation for whatever is to come for this coin. As long as interest is maintained or increased, price will continue to rise.

No sustaining a price comes from investors not miners, miners never sustain price they just dump and take the BTC

If you guys really think the pool is going to be able to pump out 200 BTC a day to sustain current prices then good luck to you but we should be realistic about this... 200BTC is ALOT to ask for from 1 single source, it's not impossible sure, but consider these factors.

You're going to need alot of miners for 200BTC daily average if we take 0.01Btc per 1mh/day which is the general average every miner tries to strive towards for daily profits, you're going to need 20,000mh in the pool also you're going to need to rely on the coins you've all mined to retain some decent value to turn a profit and the way things are right now that 0.01BTC average looks more like 0.008/9BTC so that's even more miners you're going to need.

I'd say from a realistic point of view BC's value will floor at around 800 to 1k after the initial hype wears off and people get bored and move onto something else unless the coin can offer something with true intrinsic value and purpose other than giving miners BC to convert into BTC or hold for 1% compounded interest

You seem to miss the point where total coins are 70mil. If this coin was in the billions like MINT current price would be 2 satoshi.

200BTC would mean about 20% of total coins.

To ppl who don't know. He's just trying to lower the price in order to get in.
Miner232432

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 06:26:51 PM

200 BTC a day? At 200 BTC/day the entire BC market would get bought out entirely in a week at the current 1900 satoshi price.  Roll Eyes

24 Hour Volume:
265.626 BTC

I don't see the market having been bought entirely and that's just mintpals 24 hour volume not including the other exchanges

blade87

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 06:27:57 PM

And how much of that is back and forth trading using the same coins (both BC and BTC)?
suchnoob

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 06:29:24 PM

24 Hour Volume:
265.626 BTC

I don't see the market having been bought entirely and that's just mintpals 24 hour volume not including the other exchanges

265 BTC is TOTAL trade volume. Not money pumped into coin. I've sold and bought 3 times today at close to min/max worth of about 1.5-2 btc each time. That would translate in 4.5btc trade volume.
SeriousCoins14

Coinoholic

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 06:33:42 PM

I see what you mean with the buy support, but 200 BTC / day is unrealistically high. You're assuming the majority of the trade volume is a single movement on the coins.. The majority of the trading is quite obvious high/low flipping. I still agree this coin needs WAY more buy support to maintain current price (and the current price is being held by walls keeping it from going higher). We'll just have to wait and see.

And yeah as I've said before. The coin absolutely needs a tangible value if anybody wants to expect a floor instead of a crash.

I would say the consensus here is that we need to
A) Get outside investors on board
B) Assign some kind of value to the coin.. even if its opening a store selling weaved baskets we have to do something

Pages: « 1 ... 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 [314] 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 ... 1743 »
  Print  

Jump to: