Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 03:55:55 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 [635] 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 ... 1743 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Blacknet BLN | Staking | Future of zApp & ZeFi  (Read 2509651 times)
ski92

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 04:23:55 PM

Why don't we implement a community "SHITCOIN DUMPSTER", where you can throw all your useless, going-nowhere crypto and be paid for them in BC, minus a 20% donation to BC Foundation or multipool bonuses? I'd love to clear out my shitcoin closet, get a few more BC, and support the cause. That's killing 3 birds with one stone!
I think that could be a good idea!
Not sure if i have anytime to code something up for it, but i wouldn't mind doing it manually?
Could sort a page out on the blackcoin site, I dont mind helping if i can Smiley.

And who's gonna sell BC fot Shitcoins if all BC holders are not selling?

Also BC production is halted at 1% per year

IF nobody is selling BC who's gonna buy the shitcoins you are gonna mine?

It just doesnt make sense.

Mintpal.....
shitcoins to BTC, BTC to BC.

#Blackcoin Friday, once you go black......... Wink
Jabulon

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 04:25:19 PM

Why don't we implement a community "SHITCOIN DUMPSTER", where you can throw all your useless, going-nowhere crypto and be paid for them in BC, minus a 20% donation to BC Foundation or multipool bonuses? I'd love to clear out my shitcoin closet, get a few more BC, and support the cause. That's killing 3 birds with one stone!
Not sure if i have anytime to code something up for it, but i wouldn't mind doing it manually?
Could sort a page out on the blackcoin site, I dont mind helping if i can Smiley.

Mintpal.....
shitcoins to BTC, BTC to BC.

Exactly. I'm obviously not recommending mining additional shitcoins. That's what the multipool is for Wink

Visit NightBark Music, home of the BlackCoin Music Video! https://www.youtube.com/user/nightbarkmusic
jamieb81

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 04:26:13 PM

Feedback on payout quality compared to expectations please?

I got 50.44 BC/MH @ blackcoinpool and 68.61 BC/MH @ cryptoalts.com ..bye blackcoinpool

I mined 12 hours at 5MH and I got 85 BC at blackcoinpool..
blade87

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 04:26:29 PM

snip

If I had the time I would be interested in doing this. Cryptsy and Mintpal have a trading api so it could be automated to an extent. But the donation amount, as good as the intentions are, is overkill and would deter anyone from actually using the service. I would charge something smaller (5%), and go with allocating it towards the BC foundation, owner of the service, and as well as lottery bonus payouts.

But unfortunately my P2Pool project is taking up all of my spare time. Sad
Jabulon

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 04:28:03 PM
Last edit: April 06, 2014, 04:38:33 PM by Jabulon

snip

If I had the time I would be interested in doing this. Cryptsy and Mintpal have a trading api so it could be automated to an extent. But the donation amount, as good as the intentions are, is overkill and would deter anyone from actually using the service. I would charge something small, and go with allocating it towards the BC foundation, owner of the service, and as well as lottery bonus payouts.

But unfortunately my P2Pool project is taking up all of my spare time. Sad

Point taken. The donation amount could be reduced, 20% is just what popped into my head initially. Concept remains the same.

EDIT: On second thought, I personally would gladly toss my shitcoins there, with 20% donation. I'm too lazy to even sync those wallets anymore, practically. They are dead coins to me anyway. Smiley

Visit NightBark Music, home of the BlackCoin Music Video! https://www.youtube.com/user/nightbarkmusic
Jilixi

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 05:35:50 PM

a x11 multipool would attract a lot of miners, its getting hot outside so there is no doubt about that? cant be that hard to implement?

Owner of BlackCoin Store - BlackCoin Store
BC: BNatbck1SDJebHRMQemkUEFPVZR9uLHLrM
BTC: 161EcdmbgmxpZMk2ssZCjGQqB6gypduu97
parker928

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 05:38:51 PM

If we want to increase volume from the multipool, it would be wise to open up other algorithms. Many CPU miners are mining X11, as well as many gpu miners who are tired of spending a fortune on electricity and generating an absurd amount of heat, just to run computers which can't even be used. I currently am not mining on the multipool because I refuse to mine the scrypt algorithm any more, even if it was profitable
I would still move away from it just because of the lack of efficiency.

If we made an X11 switcher it would be super easy because there are only like 3 X11 coins now anyway and maybe we could add Nscrypt switchers too.

In the coming weeks, especially with summer around the corner, lots of miners are going to move away from scrypt. They will need somewhere else to go, X11 and Nscrypt will be the next new things as the wave of asic power takes away any chance of a gpu miner making profit from scrypt. Furthermore, X11 would open us up to the cpu miners.
svojoe
Legendary

Activity: 968
Merit: 1000

einc.io

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 05:46:09 PM

So the early miners that are holding lotz of this coin,  they can hold till these pools buy the price to any level.. Am I right, when this one goes to profits it is going to be a huge fall?

The pool will buy price to *any* level.   It is early-holding-weak-hands, and 'day traders' holding the price down now, With a few large holders/whales trying to get a little more coin before its to late.

I've given up trying to explain to people why this coin is so bad-ass and how we get to control how much it is valued.  I'm likely going to be posting here less and seeking to bring some more assets into BC.    I am going to continue increasing my BC steadily and I am working on bringing more hash to the pool.   I've discovered that BC is so cheap relative to its potential that it is not beyond me and a few dozen other like minds to just acquire so much of the outstanding coins we can begin to see the gains we want through holding. 

At this point now that I know how much I can influence BC with dedication even as a individual I have no reason to fear price-dumps (I will simply buy more) or  massive lack of faith in the coin (I will simply buy more) or basically anything that will push the price down  (I will simply buy more)  The more I have the more I can boost the price.

I'm all in,  and 'growing'

parker928

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 05:53:21 PM

a x11 multipool would attract a lot of miners, its getting hot outside so there is no doubt about that? cant be that hard to implement?

Yeah I really don't think it would be that hard. especially given the competence of our devs.

By my assessment, the devs did a good job putting together the profit switchers for sha and scrypt, and if they all sat down with a pot of coffee and a drawing board they could put an X11 switcher together in less than 8 hours.

If my assessment of how many miners adding X11 would bring is correct, it would be significantly worth the time of the devs to do it.

Furthermore, it would be the first X11  profit switcher ever made, and if that innovation was tied to blackcoin, It would help us a lot.

Don't even get me started on what would happen if we added an Nscrypt switcher as well...

I think it is safe to say if we add switchers for these 2 algorithms it could increase the pools volume by around 30%. I personally would point my 13 mh/s indefinitely. It is no secret that the profitability/feasibility of scrypt is dwindling and the heat of the summer will only make it worse. Miners will be left with 3 choices: Sell equipment, continue to mine scrypt at a loss, or switch to a different coin. Most will sell their equipment, but a lot of people, like myself, would rather hold onto it and look for other opportunities. X11 and Nscrypt are the opportunities, and we MUST cater to the folks who are willing to remain in the game.

Devs?
omahapoker

Activity: 868

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 05:58:13 PM

just want to say, i am a MINT investor(small time player) and have been from the start. ive never bashed BC

after researching BC I have bought 4000 BC(it's not much i know) and holding. im tired of all the new coins and trying to find the next BTC(trading wise)

you guys are going to the next level. in my opinion you have the potental to be #2

LITECOIN will always be here but looks stale.

good luck guys. just because i have a few million MINT doesnt mean i can be a fan of BC too Cool

firstflyover

Activity: 195

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 06:02:01 PM

just want to say, i am a MINT investor(small time player) and have been from the start. ive never bashed BC

after researching BC I have bought 4000 BC(it's not much i know) and holding. im tired of all the new coins and trying to find the next BTC(trading wise)

you guys are going to the next level. in my opinion you have the potental to be #2

good luck guys. just because i have a few million MINT doesnt mean i can be a fan of BC too Cool

Welcome...

phaddie

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 06:13:52 PM

Yeah I really don't think it would be that hard. especially given the competence of our devs.

By my assessment, the devs did a good job putting together the profit switchers for sha and scrypt, and if they all sat down with a pot of coffee and a drawing board they could put an X11 switcher together in less than 8 hours.

If my assessment of how many miners adding X11 would bring is correct, it would be significantly worth the time of the devs to do it.

Furthermore, it would be the first X11  profit switcher ever made, and if that innovation was tied to blackcoin, It would help us a lot.

Don't even get me started on what would happen if we added an Nscrypt switcher as well...

I think it is safe to say if we add switchers for these 2 algorithms it could increase the pools volume by around 30%. I personally would point my 13 mh/s indefinitely. It is no secret that the profitability/feasibility of scrypt is dwindling and the heat of the summer will only make it worse. Miners will be left with 3 choices: Sell equipment, continue to mine scrypt at a loss, or switch to a different coin. Most will sell their equipment, but a lot of people, like myself, would rather hold onto it and look for other opportunities. X11 and Nscrypt are the opportunities, and we MUST cater to the folks who are willing to remain in the game.

Devs?

This.  I will have to mine X11 in the summer no matter what so it would be good if I could make some money doing it Smiley
brammien

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 06:26:25 PM

Looks like you didn't understand. This concerns shitcoins you mined in the past and no longer feel like holding onto. They would have to be coins that can be sold on one or another exchange. The bitcoin proceeds would be used to buy BC.

What I think would be best, is someone trusted in community to set this up, but all shitcoins donated will be traded for BTC. I think what would be most beneficial is this BTC be used towards sell walls, to stop the whales, so shit coins to stop BTC whales with messing with prices. Then once things stablize all BTC funds can be converted into marketing for BC, so all funds directly go into helping this coin grow, sell walls and Marketing later.
parker928

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 06:27:34 PM

Devs?

This.  I will have to mine X11 in the summer no matter what so it would be good if I could make some money doing it Smiley

Exactly. Currently X11 seems a little bit less profitable than scrypt but I think many miners forget to account for the cost to remove heat from the room.

Right now, we are all calculating our electrical consumption based on what the RIG consumes from the wall, but we are failing to account for the extra cost of REMOVING that heat from the room. Most scrypt miners are not making the profit they think they are, and Coinwarz doesn't account for this extra cost...

In the winter, we were using the heat from our rigs to heat our houses/rooms etc. and it was a win win, and we were saving money from not running the AC but at this time, if my calculations are correct, I AM SPENDING MORE ON ELECTRICITY TO REMOVE THE HEAT GENERATED BY MY RIGS THAN I AM SPENDING TO RUN THE RIGS THEMSELVES. it is a real kick in the teeth. Once the other miners start to realize how undesirable this situation is, pretty much all of the dudes who don't sell their rigs will switch to X11. Nscrypt is good, but it uses the same amount of energy as scrypt and generates the same amount of heat pretty much, in my experience atleast.

brammien

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 06:33:18 PM

Devs?

Developers, please do this, those of us with GPU's the weather is changing, and we don't wanna kill them in summer heat. Grid seeds can take care of script, we need X11 for our GPU's.
damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 06:34:50 PM

What's the most profitable x11 right now ?

darkcoin ? hiro ?
virtualfaqs

Activity: 700

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 07:02:34 PM

Right On! But why not #1? Or do you mean at least #2?

Also the last 14 hours looks very strong for BC. Good volume and stable price.  Smiley

https://twitter.com/virtualfaqs
Looking for altcoin pump advice? Then follow me.
phaddie

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 07:05:03 PM

What's the most profitable x11 right now ?

darkcoin ? hiro ?

They both are kinda crap to mine right now.
mrbenjie

Activity: 364
Merit: 301

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 07:08:11 PM

explane to me....

the multipool is out his beta status last friday.
blackfriday is started...but i don''t see any pump off the price yesterday and today.
How is this possible?

▄▄████████████▄▄
       ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
     ▄██████████████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀▀     ▀▀██████████▄
  ▄█████████▀            ▀█████████▄
 ▄█████████▀   ▄██████▄   ▀████████▄
▄██████████    ████████    █████████▄
███████████    ████████    ██████████
███████████    ████████    ███████████
███████████                ███████████
▀██████████                ██████████▀
 ▀█████████    ████████    █████████▀
  ▀████████    ████████    ████████▀
   ▀███████    ████████    ███████▀
     ▀██████████████████████████▀
       ▀▀████████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀████████████▀▀
all.me
SOCIAL NETWORK OF THE BLOCKCHAIN TIME
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   BOUNTY all.MEJan 29th May 8th, 2018   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

virtualfaqs

Activity: 700

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 07:10:44 PM

explane to me....

the multipool is out his beta status last friday.
blackfriday is started...but i don''t see any pump off the price yesterday and today.
How is this possible?

Because it happened on Thursday. Think about that. There was the possibility it would go higher on Fri, but buyers felt the price was too high to buy more. Multipool complaints too. But generally wasn't enough buy pressure. But BC isn't done yet. Far from it. I predict plenty of excitement this month.

https://twitter.com/virtualfaqs
Looking for altcoin pump advice? Then follow me.
Pages: « 1 ... 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 [635] 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 ... 1743 »
  Print  

Jump to: