Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 05:57:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 [702] 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 ... 1743 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Blacknet BLN | Staking | Future of zApp & ZeFi  (Read 2509651 times)
johnngbluntzky

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 10:43:19 PM

on mintpal's max chart.. the retracements after a large dump get smaller each time. to me, that's indicative of a large breakout possibility. go check out htttp://bitcoinwisdom.com and see how btc did the same thing before it's major breakouts feb-aug 2013 on the 1 day charts.

yup!

Think of it like this - daytraders like to trade ranges.  The smaller the range the less likelihood of profit.  After a range breakout a new range needs to be established - often it is at one end or the other of teh previous range.

So, when we break above 10k the lower end of teh new range will logically be 10k.

BTW:  the more liquidity the smaller the naturally occurring ranges tend to be.

that is a strong 4th post homie, congrats.

IconicExpert

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 10:44:38 PM

IconicExpert

I don't know if you realise the sheer hypocrisy of some of the posts you're making on here but a few of them are quite hilarious....

I want to know why is someone pushing the price down artificially

...then in the same breath...

A lot of BTC has been spent trying to keep BC from going below 9000

If anyone's in a position to complain about market manipulation and false walls (i.e. not false in the sense that your prepared to spend the money but false in the sense that it's objective is other than regular investment) you're probably the least qualified. In fact the things you're getting up to are far worse that what the seller is doing that you're so eager to vilify who is probably just a genuine customer making a genuine trade after holding for a while.

What do you think potential investors are going see when they come here ? A coin who's price is kept inflated by parasitic mining of other coins. Holders who are busy manipulating the order book and placing buy walls to try to arrest any genuine price drops that may actually result in other genuine investors being able to enter the market at a level they can afford.

Stop pissing about with the order book in fear and panic and let the price go to where it's going to go based on the genuine advantages the coin has to offer.

You'll do less damage that way and might surprise yourself at the same time.

Reading is comprehension. A buy wall @ 9000 was established only when it became apparent someone was pushing the price downward artificially. Even now as I type this someone took down a 35 sell wall, and then moved it to 9800 so it can be 40 BTC.

That being said...do you actually own BC? You do not seem very pro BC so why exactly are you posting here? I do not understand why anyone would post in a thread just for the sake of posting.
Invoker

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 11:01:11 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2014, 04:09:31 PM by Invoker

Guys, just want to let you know about scamming pool.
Don't trust them. They haven't paid me at all!  Angry

http://blackcoinminer.com
virtualfaqs

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 11:04:27 PM

Whoa! What's going on? Huge buy!!!  Grin

https://twitter.com/virtualfaqs
Looking for altcoin pump advice? Then follow me.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 11:07:40 PM

A buy wall @ 9000 was established only when it became apparent someone was pushing the price downward artificially. Even now as I type this someone took down a 35 sell wall, and then moved it to 9800 so it can be 40 BTC.

"it became apparent"  Huh

Are you serious ? You're making accusations of market manipulation left right and centre on a public forum, without a grain of evidence and while being clueless as the the seller's real motives (not that they should concern anyone anyway if they've got the goods to sell), meanwhile you categorically admit to engaging in exactly the practice you're condemning ! It's already been pointed out to you that there is a genuine basis for the observed behaviour. It's called *profit taking*.

Apart from anything else, there's a 4:1 overall ask to bid ratio on BTER's market depth charts and a 1.5 to 1 on Mintpal's so clearly there's going to be some jostling around of the asks while people find the optimal level to take profits. It doesn't mean everything's going to crash. It's normal

That being said...do you actually own BC? You do not seem very pro BC so why exactly are you posting here? I do not understand why anyone would post in a thread just for the sake of posting

I'm a BC holder trying to protect their investment. I've been in and out of this coin for weeks and happen to be in at this moment in time - no thanks to some of the koolaid drinking hysteria I read on here. Just because I don't go along with prevailing mood of the moment doesn't mean I don't have an interest. I've just done enough of these ventures to know that I'd rather get to the bottom of what I'm really invested in that kid myself I'm on an express train to my own private jet.

I don't mind seeing my investment go down if I know why I'm invested.

In fact I'd rather see it go down for genuine reasons such as profit taking than read reports of blatant price manipulation like the kind of stuff you seem to be getting up to. Doesn't matter what direction it's in.

MuffinMaster

Activity: 1414
Merit: 265

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 11:11:03 PM

I don't think that 40 btc sell is malicious, it might just be there to buy time, its currently the only thing standing in the way of 10k right now.

its only a matter of time. market sentiment is getting tired of these levels and people have just started re-buying at market price.

johnngbluntzky

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 11:19:24 PM

I don't think that 40 btc sell is malicious, it might just be there to buy time, its currently the only thing standing in the way of 10k right now.

its only a matter of time. market sentiment is getting tired of these levels and people have just started re-buying at market price.

+1 on the tired levels of accumulation and money switching. we see it get hit with a good % and we will know.

hellyeahent

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 11:26:27 PM

breaking news !!

my mom has 9k BC  Grin

I was telling about them and she told she want them too lol
hellohellooo

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 11:29:40 PM

Someone push BC down to nearly 9000 before a push was made to prop it up.

It has been admitted that the price is being artificially held up? That is BAD. PERIOD. People have to buy in at an artificially high price while the people selling right now are making more than they should be (you are helping the person dumping right now, and hindering new investors). Market needs to test real support, not artificial support. What is the true state of the market?
Soepkip

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 11:30:02 PM

breaking news !!

my mom has 9k BC  Grin

I was telling about them and she told she want them too lol

Hahaha +1!

████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████

->  BLOCKTIX  ->  Ticketing platform with a dual blockchain on Ethereum for event hosting
-> WEBSITE - SLACK - TWITTER - FORUM
-> Join our community to learn about our upcoming ICO
Jabulon

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 11:30:46 PM

IconicExpert

I don't know if you realise the sheer hypocrisy of some of the posts you're making on here but a few of them are quite hilarious....

If anyone's in a position to complain about market manipulation and false walls (i.e. not false in the sense that your prepared to spend the money but false in the sense that it's objective is other than regular investment) you're probably the least qualified. In fact the things you're getting up to are far worse that what the seller is doing that you're so eager to vilify who is probably just a genuine customer making a genuine trade after holding for a while.

What do you think potential investors are going see when they come here ? A coin who's price is kept inflated by parasitic mining of other coins. Holders who are busy manipulating the order book and placing buy walls to try to arrest any genuine price drops that may actually result in other genuine investors being able to enter the market at a level they can afford.

Stop pissing about with the order book in fear and panic and let the price go to where it's going to go based on the genuine advantages the coin has to offer.

You have made a number of astute points on this thread, and I frankly am glad to see a bit of genuine thesis-antithesis going on here, as it's necessary for any vital discussion aiming for a valid sense of truth. Otherwise we just end up with cheerleading and preaching-to-the-converted, peppered with the occasional fud-bomb. That said, I'd love to hear an honest disclosure from you about your motivation in posting here. At times you really do seem on a mission. What would you say that mission is? (EDIT: meanwhile you have posted on that point. Fine.)

Regarding the substance of your post: The phrase you have coined, "parasitic mining" is wonderfully sensationalist rhetoric. But it's based on a false premise, and a false analogy. This rhetorical trick supports a dichotomy you have set up, between "genuine" and "artificial", which you then abuse to the point of fallacy. The parasite analogy while colorful does not accurately describe the relationship between our multipool and the coins mined. Nor is there any "artificial" happening here. The multipool is a mechanism by which genuine Blackcoin fans genuinely express their genuine valuation for the coin - and this naturally influences the market as it results in increased demand. It is no different in principle than my selling all the 300 Vertcoins I'd mined over several weeks, to raise cash with which to buy Blackcoin. Do I retroactively become a Vert-parasite? Of course not. The mining pool merely creates a convenient, continuous, intelligent system for the same fundamental transaction, on behalf of a like-minded group.

Visit NightBark Music, home of the BlackCoin Music Video! https://www.youtube.com/user/nightbarkmusic
JamesR1

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 11:32:14 PM

It has been admitted that the price is being artificially held up? That is BAD. PERIOD. People have to buy in at an artificially high price while the people selling right now are making more than they should be (you are helping the person dumping right now, and hindering new investors). Market needs to test real support, not artificial support. What is the true state of the market?

But we don't have to let them get it back to cheap. If they sell out, they are out.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
jsalert

Activity: 15

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 11:33:52 PM

There is no such thing.  That wall is money put up as a buy.  Anyone could have sold into it if they had enough to sell to reach it.  His money is a good a the seller putting up his wall for sale. It's all "real".
johnngbluntzky

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 11:36:53 PM

the market is not being "artificially held up". if the orders are there, and they get hit.. it means people are willing to invest at that price.. that is the main definition of a free market. nothing artificial about it.. and even if it was, every single high volume crypto has whales who try to control levels at times.. stocks as well. this is an exchange, with different people with various amounts of money to invest. this is how it works. you are just seeing a bit more transparency here than you are used to.

hellohellooo

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 11:37:08 PM

IconicExpert

You have made a number of astute points on this thread, and I frankly am glad to see a bit of genuine thesis-antithesis going on here, as it's necessary for any vital discussion aiming for a valid sense of truth. Otherwise we just end up with cheerleading and preaching-to-the-converted, peppered with the occasional fud-bomb. That said, I'd love to hear an honest disclosure from you about your motivation in posting here. At times you really do seem on a mission. What would you say that mission is?

Regarding the substance of your post: The phrase you have coined, "parasitic mining" is wonderfully sensationalist rhetoric. But it's based on a false premise, and a false analogy. This rhetorical trick supports a dichotomy you have set up, between "genuine" and "artificial", which you then abuse to the point of fallacy. The parasite analogy while colorful does not accurately describe the relationship between our multipool and the coins mined. Nor is there any "artificial" happening here. The multipool is a mechanism by which genuine Blackcoin fans genuinely express their genuine valuation for the coin - and this naturally influences the market as it results in increased demand. It is no different in principle than my selling all the 300 Vertcoins I'd mined over several weeks, to raise cash with which to buy Blackcoin. Do I retroactively become a Vert-parasite? Of course not. The mining pool merely creates a convenient, continuous, intelligent system for the same fundamental transaction, on behalf of a like-minded group.

You completely failed to address the main content of his post, and instead decided to focus on a single phrase used once within it and even went so far as to refer to that as being the "substance of his post". It has been admitted that the market is being manipulated upward. How about people address that, since that is the actual substance of his/her post(s).
PhattyBanks

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 11:37:24 PM

move up dem buy walls
IconicExpert

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 11:40:43 PM

I'm a BC holder trying to protect their investment. I've been in and out of this coin for weeks and happen to be in at this moment in time - no thanks to some of the koolaid drinking hysteria I read on here. Just because I don't go along with prevailing mood of the moment doesn't mean I don't have an interest. I've just done enough of these ventures to know that I'd rather get to the bottom of what I'm really invested in that kid myself I'm on an express train to my own private jet.

I don't mind seeing my investment go down if I know why I'm invested.

In fact I'd rather see it go down for genuine reasons such as profit taking than read reports of blatant price manipulation like the kind of stuff you seem to be getting up to. Doesn't matter what direction it's in.

I have been in this coin early on and never been out. I never sold... You are entitled to your opinion and whatever feelings you may have. However, you not mind seeing your investment go down is not the sentiment of the entire community. You remind me of someone else who posts self fulfilling nonsense and then try to pass it off as for "best interest of the community". I must admit I am getting a bit annoyed by the small group of people here who are very "vocal" but do not contribute anything by helping this coin grow. You and a few others just sit on the sidelines and criticize everything everyone else is doing but do not bring anything to the table. 
hellohellooo

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 11:49:36 PM

There is no such thing.  That wall is money put up as a buy.  Anyone could have sold into it if they had enough to sell to reach it.  His money is a good a the seller putting up his wall for sale. It's all "real".

the market is not being "artificially held up". if the orders are there, and they get hit.. it means people are willing to invest at that price.. that is the main definition of a free market. nothing artificial about it.. and even if it was, every single high volume crypto has whales who try to control levels at times.. stocks as well. this is an exchange, with different people with various amounts of money to invest. this is how it works. you are just seeing a bit more transparency here than you are used to.

It is not real because there is no intent of actually using it to buy. It is only being placed there to influence other people into buying in front of it.. People are willing to buy at that price because they are tricked into thinking that is the real current price. You are right; it is a very common market manipulation tactic. One to be vary wary of because it indicates there isn’t enough real support to maintain the current level..

The idea that this is better for the market is ludicrous. It is only better for the short-term benefits of those who are already heavily invested in BC. But this makes it a very bad time for new, big, investors to join in if they are smart enough to see what is going on.
rsx19

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 11:51:20 PM

isnt today supposed to be blackmarket wednesday or something?

BlackCoin For poor Shibe - BMobXjx9TN96a1qmZA9pSSzJur6UH9PWgU
johnngbluntzky

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 11:54:14 PM

It is not real because there is no intent of actually using it to buy. It is only being placed there to influence other people into buying in front of it.. People are willing to buy at that price because they are tricked into thinking that is the real current price. You are right; it is a very common market manipulation tactic. One to be vary wary of because it indicates there isn’t enough real support to maintain the current level..

The idea that this is better for the market is ludicrous. It is only better for the short-term benefits of those who are already heavily invested in BC. But this makes it a very bad time for new, big, investors to join in if they are smart enough to see what is going on.

you can't make the claim.. you don't know. it hasn't even been tested yet. you have completely discredited your own argument.

now yes.. of course it could be fake, but you are asserting that you "know", when in fact, nothing has been proven yet.

how do we know the 40btc sell wall is real also? we don't. it ain't been hit.

i know you are not new to markets, you talk the talk.. so i assume you know all of this already.

Pages: « 1 ... 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 [702] 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 ... 1743 »
  Print  

Jump to: