Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 08:06:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 [710] 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 ... 1743 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Blacknet BLN | Staking | Future of zApp & ZeFi  (Read 2509655 times)
noerc

Activity: 248
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 01:49:08 PM

about security: could someone explain how we could be hacked ? (pos) I know ppl have to have wallets opened, but how many coins/ppl/whatever ?

Technically you need 51% of all blackcoins to perform a hack in terms of double spending etc. Theoretically the required amount of coins is smaller if an attacker is able to precompute the chain, but this is open research afaik.

20% is enough to do double-spending attacks from time to time (like once per month) with no direct costs.

20% of active stakes at the moment off course, less active stakes, less security, less interest make less actives stakers

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/22aw8c/most_altcoins_are_not_secure_enough_they_exist/

Well this comment was related to PeerCoin and the actual statement is:

20% is enough to do double-spending attacks from time to time (like once per month) with no direct costs.
I haven't done analysis on 51% attack on ppc, and I really doubt 20% will be enough.

I don't want to say that you are wrong, but want to stress that these topics are very hot (and interesting) and not completely understood yet [edit: by the larger audience, brains like rat4 surely have a better understanding].
IconicExpert

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 01:56:27 PM

A Few Announcements!!!

1.) First I want to thank everyone who supported Blackout Wednesday! Our press release was read over 100,000 times on over 111 sites: https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22BlackCoin%20Popularity%20%26%20Value%20Soars%20Due%20to%20Revolutionary%22

2.) As everyone here might already know BlackCoin is being added to CoinKite! They have a debit card that can be branded and used at their shops. SoepKip notified me a few days ago about the news and a decision was made I will not longer produce a separate Visa card. We do not want to cause confusion in the marketplace, and we also do not want to incite unnecessary competition amongst ourselves. Instead, I have decided to support the CoinKite project and use my resources in helping that partnership grow.

3.) As I previously announced I will be using my own resources to quickly build a network and infrastructure around BlackCoin. I wholeheartedly disagree this coin or community should take baby steps. We need more talented people who are willing to help in any way they can to help this community grow.

4.) Finally... Today I would like to announce the BlackCoin Card Wallet. As some of you know I am software and product developer, and since CoinKite will eventually supply our debit cards, I wanted to shift focus and  create something special for the community. I contacted rat4 and Soepkip about a portable BC wallet the size of a credit card. The dev team liked the idea so I began immediately making it happen.

So what exactly is the Blackcoin Card Wallet?

The BlackCoin Card Wallet is a completely branded BC card with a pull out USB dongle. It will be loaded with a custom BlackCoin start menu and the wallet pre loaded. When you insert the wallet into your computer the menu will automatically launch, and you will have access to your wallet, current market prices, BC news, and other elements all in one place! What makes this exciting is you will not only be able to keep your wallet with you at all times, in the event you need to access your funds you will be able to do it at any Windows computer. The blockchain and all other data will already be loaded on the card. (Obviously if you do not plug the card in regularly it will take longer for it to sync). Also, the launcher will automatically update the wallet to the current version automatically.

Another benefit of the card is you can pre-load as many coins as you like and give the cards away to family and friends as "gift cards". They will not need to be tech savvy to use it! Just insert and go! This is a great way to introduce others to BlackCoin.

And lets be honest, wouldn't it be cool to walk around with a BlackCoin wallet card with the sexy logo?

Tomorrow for "Blackfriday" I will be posting pics and taking pre-orders. I am taking pre-orders because this is the first run of the product and I have no clue how much demand there will be. I do not want to under manufacture or over manufacture since there is considerable cost involved. Production time is approximately 2 weeks and I will be shipping immediately upon receipt of the product. The card will cost $19.99 (BC of course) and that includes free shipping worldwide. So if you live on a private island I will still ship it to you for free :-). The first batch created will be also branded with "Special Edition" and other cool goodies I do not want to mention just yet. Some of the proceeds from each sale will go to the dev team and back into this community to fund other projects. A website is currently being developed for the card and once we are live I will be doing a promotional campaign promoting BC and the card!!!

Awesome stuff Iconic. Really looking forward to checking this out.

I'll be first to order ! Smiley

Thank you everyone!!! I am now more excited by the demand and I look forward to getting the cards into your hands ASAP!!!
Luxasd

Activity: 504
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 01:58:11 PM

A Few Announcements!!!

1.) First I want to thank everyone who supported Blackout Wednesday! Our press release was read over 100,000 times on over 111 sites: https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22BlackCoin%20Popularity%20%26%20Value%20Soars%20Due%20to%20Revolutionary%22

2.) As everyone here might already know BlackCoin is being added to CoinKite! They have a debit card that can be branded and used at their shops. SoepKip notified me a few days ago about the news and a decision was made I will not longer produce a separate Visa card. We do not want to cause confusion in the marketplace, and we also do not want to incite unnecessary competition amongst ourselves. Instead, I have decided to support the CoinKite project and use my resources in helping that partnership grow.

3.) As I previously announced I will be using my own resources to quickly build a network and infrastructure around BlackCoin. I wholeheartedly disagree this coin or community should take baby steps. We need more talented people who are willing to help in any way they can to help this community grow.

4.) Finally... Today I would like to announce the BlackCoin Card Wallet. As some of you know I am software and product developer, and since CoinKite will eventually supply our debit cards, I wanted to shift focus and  create something special for the community. I contacted rat4 and Soepkip about a portable BC wallet the size of a credit card. The dev team liked the idea so I began immediately making it happen.

The BlackCoin Card Wallet is a completely branded BC card with a pull out USB dongle. It will be loaded with a custom BlackCoin start menu and the wallet pre loaded. When you insert the wallet into your computer the menu will automatically launch, and you will have access to your wallet, current market prices, BC news, and other elements all in one place! What makes this exciting is you will not only be able to keep your wallet with you at all times, in the event you need to access your funds you will be able to do it at any Windows computer. The blockchain and all other data will already be loaded on the card. (Obviously if you do not plug the card in regularly it will take longer for it to sync). Also, the launcher will automatically update the wallet to the current version automatically.

Another benefit of the card is you can pre-load as many coins as you like and give the cards away to family and friends as "gift cards". They will not need to be tech savvy to use it! Just insert and go! This is a great way to introduce others to BlackCoin.

And lets be honest, wouldn't it be cool to walk around with a BlackCoin wallet card with the sexy logo?

Tomorrow for "Blackfriday" I will be posting pics and taking pre-orders. I am taking pre-orders because this is the first run of the product and I have no clue how much demand there will be. I do not want to under manufacture or over manufacture since there is considerable cost involved. Production time is approximately 2 weeks and I will be shipping immediately upon receipt of the product. The card will cost $19.99 (BC of course) and that includes free shipping worldwide. So if you live on a private island I will still ship it to you for free :-). The first batch created will be also branded with "Special Edition" and other cool goodies I do not want to mention just yet. Some of the proceeds from each sale will go to the dev team and back into this community to fund other projects. A website is currently being developed for the card and once we are live I will be doing a promotional campaign promoting BC and the card!!!

Really great idea!
I'd also want one.
draco71

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 01:59:40 PM

IconicExpert, please count also me in for the card.

Many thanks !!!

My heart belongs to RieCoin (RIC), my investments to BlackCoin (BC)
colinfx

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 02:02:08 PM

A Few Announcements!!!

Sounds cool - count me in Smiley
streetlight

Activity: 253

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 02:03:16 PM

IconicExpert, Stick me down for one....

Can I pay in BC...  Wink
gonzoucab

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 02:06:56 PM

about security: could someone explain how we could be hacked ? (pos) I know ppl have to have wallets opened, but how many coins/ppl/whatever ?

Technically you need 51% of all blackcoins to perform a hack in terms of double spending etc. Theoretically the required amount of coins is smaller if an attacker is able to precompute the chain, but this is open research afaik.

20% of active stakes at the moment off course, less active stakes, less security, less interest make less actives stakers

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/22aw8c/most_altcoins_are_not_secure_enough_they_exist/

I haven't done analysis on 51% attack on ppc, and I really doubt 20% will be enough.

I don't want to say that you are wrong, but want to stress that these topics are very hot (and interesting) and not completely understood yet [edit: by the larger audience, brains like rat4 surely have a better understanding].

Thats Right, what make me think its that is only 20% of active stakes.
On LOW REWARD POS, less people gonna be willing to active stake,

Its just that in crypto security came from miners, less rewards to miners make less relaltive security

I think that this can be a problem just like for Doge is (low early pow reward) that can be BC problem (using analogy)
KryptoKings

Activity: 854
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 02:07:13 PM

A Few Announcements!!!

I want one
mali11

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 02:08:19 PM

A Few Announcements!!!

4.) Finally... Today I would like to announce the BlackCoin Card Wallet. As some of you know I am software and product developer, and since CoinKite will eventually supply our debit cards, I wanted to shift focus and  create something special for the community. I contacted rat4 and Soepkip about a portable BC wallet the size of a credit card. The dev team liked the idea so I began immediately making it happen.

want one too!
everyday something new.. something better.. something BLACKER Wink
mikenz

Activity: 215
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 02:17:42 PM

Thats so cool, I want one. No wait, 4 !

yay.No need to shop for birthday presents in 2014 anymore  Cool
noerc

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 02:18:49 PM

Its just that in crypto security came from miners, less rewards to miners make less relaltive security

I think that this can be a problem just like for Doge is (low early pow reward) that can be BC problem (using analogy)

But unlike in Doge in PoS there is no real work that has to be done, so basically there is no reason not to stake as long as you have a device running that is able to stake. When did you switch off your mobile phone last time? Smiley
PeterPalmBeach

Activity: 336

SellALL, BuyBTC

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 02:19:34 PM

Here are some links (updated) for anyone just joining us: (please add more if you have it)

http://www.blackcoin.co - Official BlackCoin Website
http://blackcoinpool.com - Official BC Multipool
https://coinkite.com - Web Wallet, Debit Cards and Payment Terminals
https://prelude.io/trade/usd/bc - Buy or Sell BC with USD
https://c-cex.com/?p=bc-usd - BC USD trade
https://www.litebit.eu/coin/bc/en - Euro to BC
https://www.mintpal.com/market/BC/BTC - Buy or Sell BlackCoin (BC) with BitCoin (BTC) on MiltPal Exchange
https://www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/179 - Buy or Sell BlackCoin (BC) with BitCoin (BTC) on Cryptsy Exchange
https://www.coinpayments.net - Stores that accept cryptos. BC is now accepted there.
http://maarx.nl/maarx.nl/blackcoin/distribution - Check coin distribution ( top 1000 wallets )
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/cryptosaur/ldifofhjjihonamocbjmboeeaolkflag - Download Google Chrome price ticker extention
https://twitter.com/search?q=%23blackcoin&src=typd&f=realtime - Tweeter related to BlackCoin
MuffinMaster

Activity: 1414
Merit: 265

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 02:24:53 PM

shitcoins dropping like flies, Blackcoin stays same price. Come on people, when will you learn?!

gonzoucab

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 02:25:03 PM

But unlike in Doge in PoS there is no real work that has to be done, so basically there is no reason not to stake as long as you have a device running that is able to stake. When did you switch off your mobile phone last time? Smiley

Te reason not to stake is the LOW INTEREST!, the less that you get paid for doing something the less you are gonna do it.  With a greater initial POS reward people will be more willing to stake their coins.

On android always stacking will mean It will also drain battery LIFE (Not desireable) so people will shut it down most of the time.

MuffinMaster

Activity: 1414
Merit: 265

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 02:28:48 PM

Te reason not to stake is the LOW INTEREST!, the less that you get paid for doing something the less you are gonna do it.  With a greater initial POS reward people will be more willing to stake their coins.

On android always stacking will mean It will also drain battery LIFE (Not desireable) so people will shut it down most of the time.

Anyone who keep large amounts of anycoin on android kinda deserves whatever they get. since blackcoin transactions take seconds, just take what you need and go. No need to stake on android. I do the same thing with bitcoin. I never keep large amounts of bitcoin on android even with backups. Little point.

Stop trying to make this an issue when its not.

noerc

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 02:31:47 PM

That's what I am saying. AFAIK the only difference between staking and not staking is the ability to broadcast a block to the network, which costs the energy in terms of the broadcasting operation and requires a small amount of the data volume.

I think these factors are negligible. And with no significant cost even a 1% interest rate is worth it, the only drawback is the limited availability of the actual balance.
lethagized

Activity: 37

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 02:35:14 PM

I'll take a card as well please IE. Great stuff so far lad. You're doing us all proud
digicidal

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 02:50:32 PM

That's what I am saying. AFAIK the only difference between staking and not staking is the ability to broadcast a block to the network, which costs the energy in terms of the broadcasting operation and requires a small amount of the data volume.

I think these factors are negligible. And with no significant cost even a 1% interest rate is worth it, the only drawback is the limited availability of the actual balance.

This.  Although the math may make sense in a 'laboratory environment' the simple fact is that there is no comparison between PoW and PoS as far as actual operation.  If the BTC blockchain was secured by every open wallet, to the exclusion of PoW block creation... then the likelihood of a successful 'forgery' would drop to a value not even statistically viable.... as you would need to control not only the majority of the hashrate, but also a majority of the active addresses represented by the wallets themselves.  This would basically have 1 chance of success and about a billion of failure... every time you tried it.

To some extent that's what you have with PoS... as the 'mining' is done by the wallet - with near 0 energy cost, and at a speed which is very fast... there's really no 'downside' to staking other than from a personal security standpoint (which to me is the real achilles heel of PoS in some ways).  In other words - if you aren't afraid of having your wallet on a computer connected to the Internet - then there's no reason to not be staking your coins... as 1% is still pure profit!

In reality, the biggest mitigating factor to this 'problem' with PoS coins and BC in particular - is market cap.  Right now (provided people were willing to sell that is) you could theoretically buy enough BC for about $1M USD... however, once you had that - it would be nearly impossible to capitalize on that resource... since doing it successfully would virtually guarantee that your invested holdings would lose their value the instant it was discovered.  If the market cap reaches even $30M - wish is still far less than LTC - then it would require ~$7-10M for the requisite amount.

So essentially, the only applicable question is... do you believe there is already someone who invested tens of thousands of dollars or the equivalent value in BTC in BC... who actually wants to destroy BC in the near future (along with any real profit potential for themselves down the road).  I agree that this world is a very weird place today, but I still think this is a non-issue for us.

EDIT: I should say, and that the person (should they exist) would rather destroy BC completely - along with their investment - rather than simply continue to see gains that no other vehicle current - especially in crypto currency land - is capable of.  At that point you're talking about ideological terrorism at the exclusion of greed and self preservation.  This does occur, but despite what Homeland Security might have us believe... it's still representative of less than .00001% of the population (and yes I made that up... it's probably a much smaller percentage even than that). Cheesy
noerc

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 03:01:47 PM

In reality, the biggest mitigating factor to this 'problem' with PoS coins and BC in particular - is market cap.

That's indeed a point that is also bothering me. If tomorrow somebody with a lot of money sees a threat in BC then currently he could easily just "pay the price" to destroy it completely.
exposebc

Activity: 41

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 03:02:37 PM

I could summarize this post with one word "Auroracoin".

I rode Auroracoin all the way up to $90 and was celebrating.  I'm only thankful I sold on the way down at $20.

Guess what? I will NEVER touch that coin again.  I simply can not trust it.

We want volume, market depth, slow steady appreciation and lots and lots of stability.

We want to be a safe crypto to accumulate.

Those sell walls need to fall from new money that sees this coin as having long-term potential. New money buying from profit takers until their hoard is exhausted.

Yesterday's efforts will bring some new money, mining brings new money and we the true believers can keep adding to our investment.

And yes, buy as an investment.  Not to be on the right side of the latest crypto-pump.

Pumpers & dumpers are destroyers - their gain is ill-gotten.   They may profit but lose a bit of their soul in the process.

Investors build;  patiently putting their money and hearts into a vision they also hope to profit from.

So I say take heart my friends, lets buy and lets build.

Pages: « 1 ... 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 [710] 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 ... 1743 »
  Print  

Jump to: