Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:31:13 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 [1229] 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 ... 1743 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Blacknet BLN | Staking | Future of zApp & ZeFi  (Read 2509653 times)
Soepkip

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 03:06:50 AM

Hey guys lets show our gratitude to Bitcoinwisdom.com for providing us with an excellent trading chart for Blackcoin.

His donate addresses are:

BTC: 13X9oueJxM9Md3HcESYc1AnfJD9RxWzsYU
LTC: LeYMTmDr1K9ACuyJfPT86ihpjrVPstpCKS

(you can confirm these addresses are his here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=190722.0)

Alternatively, open a premium account on his site for 0.02BTC/mth and/or click on the ads occasionally shown on his site Smiley

He should really add a BLK address Smiley

████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████

->  BLOCKTIX  ->  Ticketing platform with a dual blockchain on Ethereum for event hosting
-> WEBSITE - SLACK - TWITTER - FORUM
-> Join our community to learn about our upcoming ICO
KingSchultz

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 03:16:05 AM

I respect you Iconic and I know you've done a ton for BC, but I just don't think this is the way to go. I know your intentions are good. I know you believe this coin is worth $1.00+ (so do I) and you want to prevent someone buying up cheap coins now and manipulating in the future. Hell, it's possible you're right and it would help the coin overall... but here's the problem: 99% of the community and potential new users are not Forex traders. In the crypto-world, pump is a dirty word regardless of how currency trading works on Forex, and that won't change - there have been too many scamcoins built only to be pump and dumps for the crypto-community to see it any other way.

For me the problem is what this talk does to the image of Blackcoin. We know this coin has what it takes to grow to $1.00+. We know that the big run-up and run-down was just a mass of panic-buying and panic-selling. But to an outsider casually looking at graphs, to someone that hasn't really looked into Blackcoin yet and hasn't learned why this coin has the potential it has, that big panic buy/sell looks a lot like a P+D. Blackcoin has already proven that line of thinking wrong in recent weeks. But what does it look like to that person when they suddenly hear about a community pump? I think it undoes a lot of progress. IMO, the last thing we need is to have another unnatural run up and down. We need to shed that image and let our marketing efforts and development do the talking. I think all this talk of pumps will only hurt the marketing effort, and the single most important thing we can do is get new people to use Blackcoin.

The cards are an amazing development! I'm pretty fucking sure the price will go way up when these things are in people's hands and in use. But I'd rather wait and let it happen rather than force it.

We did have a bit of a natural bear run that dropped us to ~40k, but honestly I think the small group talking about a pump and the division thereafter caused the sell-off to ~30k.. just look at the timing of it. Without all that, we may very well be trading much higher at this exact moment.

Furthermore, I think any poll on this issue originating from Bitcointalk is flawed. There are many, many people using this forum as an information base, not just holders and supporters of Blackcoin. Any day trader that came across that poll is going to say 'hell yes'. I don't think that represents the Blackcoin community and holders as a whole. For example, you can safely say that our subreddit community likely contains many of the strongest supporters of Blackcoin. Just look at the voting results of this topic:

Now, it's not an official vote or anything. So this may also be a little flawed. But 95% of the people in our subreddit who read the topic "Why an organised pump is not good for Blackcoin." then chose to upvote it.  
MeGaDoOm

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 03:16:19 AM

Hey guys lets show our gratitude to Bitcoinwisdom.com for providing us with an excellent trading chart for Blackcoin.

His donate addresses are:

BTC: 13X9oueJxM9Md3HcESYc1AnfJD9RxWzsYU
LTC: LeYMTmDr1K9ACuyJfPT86ihpjrVPstpCKS

(you can confirm these addresses are his here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=190722.0)

Alternatively, open a premium account on his site for 0.02BTC/mth and/or click on the ads occasionally shown on his site Smiley

oh gawd !                                                                               Derp !

▄▄
  ▐████▌
  ██████
  ▐████▌
    ▀▀
█▄  ▐▌  ▄█
██  ▐▌  ██
██  ██  ██
██  ██  ██
██▄ ██ ▄██
 ▀▀████▀▀
   ▐██▌
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
   ▐██▌
   ▐██▌
   ▐██▌
   ████
   ████

|
                         ▄▄
                    ▄▄██████
               ▄▄███████████
          ▄▄████████████████
     ▄▄█████████████████████
  ██████████████████████████

██████████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████▀▀
█████████████████████ ▄▄███████████
████████████████████ ▐█▀  ▀████████
████████████████████ ▐█▄  ▄████████
█████████████████████ ▀▀███████████
██████████████████████▄▄
▀█████████████████████████████████▀

|

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
    █                █
    █  █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █
    █                █
    █ ▄████████████▄
    █ ██████████████
    █ ██████████████
    █ ▀████████████▀
    █                █
    █ ▄▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▀▀▀▀▄ █
    █ █    █  █    █ █
    █  ▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀  █
    █                █
     █              █
      █            █
       █          █
        █        █
         ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
           ▀██▀
            ▐▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
IconicExpert

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 03:26:26 AM

I respect you Iconic and I know you've done a ton for BC, but I just don't think this is the way to go. I know your intentions are good. I know you believe this coin is worth $1.00+ (so do I) and you want to prevent someone buying up cheap coins now and manipulating in the future. Hell, it's possible you're right and it would help the coin overall... but here's the problem: 99% of the community and potential new users are not Forex traders. In the crypto-world, pump is a dirty word regardless of how currency trading works on Forex, that won't change - there have been too many scamcoins built only to be pump and dumps for the crypto-community to see it any other way.

For me the problem is what this talk does to the image of Blackcoin. We know this coin has what it takes to grow to $1.00+. We know that the big run-up and run-down was just a mass of panic-buying and panic-selling. But to an outsider casually looking at graphs, to someone that hasn't really looked into Blackcoin yet and hasn't learned why this coin has the potential it has, that big panic buy/sell looks a lot like a P+D. Blackcoin has already proven that line of thinking wrong in recent weeks. But what does it look like to that person when they suddenly hear about a community pump? I think it undoes a lot of progress. IMO, the last thing we need is to have another unnatural run up and down. We need to shed that image and let our marketing efforts and development do the talking. I think all this talk of pumps will only hurt the marketing effort, and the single most important thing we can do is get new people to use Blackcoin.

The cards are an amazing development! I'm pretty fucking sure the price will go way up when these things are in people's hands and in use. But I'd rather wait and let it happen rather than force it.

We did have a bit of a natural bear run that dropped us to ~40k, but honestly I think the small group talking about a pump and the division thereafter caused the sell-off to ~30k.. just look at the timing of it. Without all that, we may very well be trading much higher at this exact moment.

Furthermore, I think any poll on this issue originating from Bitcointalk is flawed. There are many, many people using this forum as an information base, not just holders and supporters of Blackcoin. Any day trader that came across that poll is going to say 'hell yes'. I don't think that represents the Blackcoin community and holders as a whole. For example, you can safely say that our subreddit community likely contains many of the strongest supporters of Blackcoin. Just look at the voting results of this topic:

Now, it's not an official vote or anything. So this may also be a little flawed. But 95% of the people in our subreddit who read the topic "Why an organised pump is not good for Blackcoin." then chose to upvote it.  

Thank you for your comments. I think an open debate is good and everyone should voice their opinion. Like I originally stated I am for a pump but I am conflicted about a public pump. However, whether I am for a  pump or not I will not be the one that will give the go ahead.
Gazza1

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 03:33:22 AM

Thank you for your comments. I think an open debate is good and everyone should voice their opinion. Like I originally stated I am for a pump but I am conflicted about a public pump. However, whether I am for a  pump or not I will not be the one that will give the go ahead.

If it's not a public pump people are likely to get burned again.

Impossible is a word found only in the dictionary of fools.
okaynow

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

PGP 9CB0902E

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 03:37:52 AM

I;m not an expert on pump/dump, but from what i understand, by the time a pump is public
somebody is dumping big time

1PeecNu1J8VNKpgR13nasMZWLcMZrwNJfc
virtualfaqs

Activity: 700

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2014, 03:44:20 AM

Thank you for your comments. I think an open debate is good and everyone should voice their opinion. Like I originally stated I am for a pump but I am conflicted about a public pump. However, whether I am for a  pump or not I will not be the one that will give the go ahead.

Unless the price goes up continuously, someone will always get burned. Public or Private.

https://twitter.com/virtualfaqs
Looking for altcoin pump advice? Then follow me.
IconicExpert

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 03:59:25 AM

Unless the price goes up continuously, someone will always get burned. Public or Private.

That is correct. I think one thing people do not understand is an organized pump and dump, and what other are suggesting are two different things.

An organized pump and dump is usually a group of people who buy up a ton of cheap coins and then begin driving the price up using various methods. Once they reach their target number they begin dumping.

An organized pump to stimulate growth is significantly different. The main goal is not to sell off but to sustain a new high. However, the unintended side effect will result in a number of people selling off. I would like to point out after the last pump and sell off it take a long time to settle down to our current level. That is why I personally believe we would be fine after a stimulus pump. That will be the new term: "Stimulus Pump" Smiley
CryptoSteam

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 04:02:28 AM

Iconic, your ego and greed is killing this coin. Please relax and let it grow naturally. All you have to do is introduce infrastructure and it will grow. No need to preach.
brammien

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 04:08:48 AM

IconicExpert: Why do we have to manually pump the coin? We have the multipool and as long as that's running I'm happy.

Is our BC coin not fundamentally better than a lot of coins in the Top 10? Like I said before Peercoin has nothing on us. We should be able to match their market cap.

Whales can do the same thing to every altcoin out there. I'm sure it was happening to LTC and PCC too. Or do you think we'll fail if we don't pump? Did LTC and PCC have these discussion too?

I say we focus on marketing and promoting our multipool. PoS is still the new and we should capitalize on that. Then focus on differentiating ourselves from our PoS competitors.

How about about compromise. Why don't we have a rent rig week? Everyone that wants a pump pump the multipool with as much hashpower as you can. This will do a few things, add more interest to the pool that is constant buy support, add more buying from of BC from while taking value from other crappy coins, showing BC getting more value.

I think this is a fair compromise for all, let's instead of pumping the coin, rent a rig week. That is as much hashpower as you can afford. We can have website listed that offer rigs to rent and instructions for those that don't know how this process works, but anyone can rent rigs for mining coin without having to know how mining works too much. Few tips on setting up and everyone can do this.
svojoe
Legendary

Activity: 968
Merit: 1000

einc.io

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 04:14:44 AM

IconicExpert: Why do we have to manually pump the coin? We have the multipool and as long as that's running I'm happy.

Is our BC coin not fundamentally better than a lot of coins in the Top 10? Like I said before Peercoin has nothing on us. We should be able to match their market cap.

Whales can do the same thing to every altcoin out there. I'm sure it was happening to LTC and PCC too. Or do you think we'll fail if we don't pump? Did LTC and PCC have these discussion too?

I say we focus on marketing and promoting our multipool. PoS is still the new and we should capitalize on that. Then focus on differentiating ourselves from our PoS competitors.

How about about compromise. Why don't we have a rent rig week? Everyone that wants a pump pump the multipool with as much hashpower as you can. This will do a few things, add more interest to the pool that is constant buy support, add more buying from of BC from while taking value from other crappy coins, showing BC getting more value.

I think this is a fair compromise for all, let's instead of pumping the coin, rent a rig week. That is as much hashpower as you can afford. We can have website listed that offer rigs to rent and instructions for those that don't know how this process works, but anyone can rent rigs for mining coin without having to know how mining works too much. Few tips on setting up and everyone can do this.

This is a good idea.     I think buying BC is never a bad thing.   

virtualfaqs

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2014, 04:21:56 AM

Well I'm going to have to see some calculations. Because if it's cheaper to just buy it, I sure as hell am just going to buy it.

svojoe
Legendary

Activity: 968
Merit: 1000

einc.io

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 04:26:04 AM

Well I'm going to have to see some calculations. Because if it's cheaper to just buy it, I sure as hell am just going to buy it.

That depends,  the V2 pool will likely be more profitable in almost everyway
Most people do not factor in pool/withdrawal/exchange fees, and you will be paying 'fees' if your 'extra' profit.
Not to mention its automated and I bet you most people who say they will just buy never actually do.

darkota

Activity: 770

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 04:28:56 AM

the people have spoken, WE DONT WANT SHITCOINS LIKE BLACKCOIN ANYMORE. WE WANT COINS THAT HAVE INNOVATIVE FEATURES, such as being purely anonymous and PoS, as well as NO PREMINE OR IPO.

F BLACKCOIN< F BLACKCOIN
virtualfaqs

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2014, 04:32:00 AM

the people have spoken, WE DONT WANT SHITCOINS LIKE BLACKCOIN ANYMORE. WE WANT COINS THAT HAVE INNOVATIVE FEATURES, such as being purely anonymous and PoS, as well as NO PREMINE OR IPO.

F BLACKCOIN< F BLACKCOIN

What? I think I got *wooshed*

PhoneBloks

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 04:33:15 AM

F BLACKCOIN< F BLACKCOIN

Maybe Im wrong, but blackcoin was one of the first innovative coins in several ways .... and is still one of the most traded, yes you are right there are lot of shitcoins out there, but blackcoin is one of the "better ones"

And blackcoin did not have IPO or did ?

I do not own blackcoin or am not part of the development or advertisement team, just telling my opinion.

Wink

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 04:36:14 AM

F BLACKCOIN< F BLACKCOIN

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
coinpredator(return)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 04:39:54 AM

I respect you Iconic and I know you've done a ton for BC, but I just don't think this is the way to go. I know your intentions are good. I know you believe this coin is worth $1.00+ (so do I) and you want to prevent someone buying up cheap coins now and manipulating in the future. Hell, it's possible you're right and it would help the coin overall... but here's the problem: 99% of the community and potential new users are not Forex traders. In the crypto-world, pump is a dirty word regardless of how currency trading works on Forex, that won't change - there have been too many scamcoins built only to be pump and dumps for the crypto-community to see it any other way.

King Schultz. Do you know what I think in fact about Blackcoin? I think if people are not selling their cheap Blackcoin, we probably would be negotiating at (200K - 300K) sats today, however people have needs , and obviously people need money, but a lot of people here are doing daytrading to buy a pack of cigarettes or a new shoe , or even worse they here making money to pump other coins and this is not good for Blackcoin. I especially will not sell a single dime of my BC until we can negotiate between ($ 1.00 - $ 10.00) because we have the potential for even higher values ​​than these $10,00.

None long-term investor will lose money with a collective buying. The only ones who will lose are the sellers that will sell cheap for us and many daytraders who eventually will burn ugly with this, if people want to have a (Buyday) I'll be there supporting and buying along with them, because I support Blackcoin, I do not want to wait for better prices because today is already very cheap!!!

I already said that I am in blackcoin to long term and I will repeat here sentence mine " I earn money with my job, I do not make money with my money." If people want daytrading BC, I not care about them, but if people want to sell their cheap blackcoins I'll buy all their, I have no mercy on anyone who sells me cheaper.

Lybertycoin Multipool - http://xlb.multipoolmining.com/
Bitcoin going to the moon !  Roll Eyes
IconicExpert

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 05:04:38 AM

Iconic, your ego and greed is killing this coin. Please relax and let it grow naturally. All you have to do is introduce infrastructure and it will grow. No need to preach.

It is ridiculous statements like this that turn productive open debates into FUD.

If you believe in the coin as much as you claim then one man should not be able to affect the value. Also, if I was greedy I would not be here debating if we should pump or not, I would just pump. You are entitled to your opinion of me as everyone else here. But instead of criticizing me let me see you do something to add value to BC. You talk about BC growing naturally and you have no clue what that means.
IconicExpert

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 05:17:38 AM

King Schultz. Do you know what I think in fact about Blackcoin? I think if people are not selling their cheap Blackcoin, we probably would be negotiating at (200K - 300K) sats today, however people have needs , and obviously people need money, but a lot of people here are doing daytrading to buy a pack of cigarettes or a new shoe , or even worse they here making money to pump other coins and this is not good for Blackcoin. I especially will not sell a single dime of my BC until we can negotiate between ($ 1.00 - $ 10.00) because we have the potential for even higher values ​​than these $10,00.

None long-term investor will lose money with a collective buying. The only ones who will lose are the sellers that will sell cheap for us and many daytraders who eventually will burn ugly with this, if people want to have a (Buyday) I'll be there supporting and buying along with them, because I support Blackcoin, I do not want to wait for better prices because today is already very cheap!!!

I already said that I am in blackcoin to long term and I will repeat here sentence mine " I earn money with my job, I do not make money with my money." If people want daytrading BC, I not care about them, but if people want to sell their cheap blackcoins I'll buy all their, I have no mercy on anyone who sells me cheaper.

Some people understand and others just don't get it. CryptoSteam is spouting nonsense about natural growth but he is okay with the multi-pool. Do people even understand the multi-pool pumps the value of the coin everyday? In essence this is counterintuitive to "natural growth". When everyone rented rigs to mine other coins and then used those minded coins to buy more BC...that was a pump. The only difference between the multi-pool and a community pump is the community pump is done on a larger scale and without the veil of mining. So I wish people like CryptoSteam would stop with the naivety and come back to reality. Either directly or indirectly we have all been pumping BC.
Pages: « 1 ... 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 [1229] 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 ... 1743 »
  Print  

Jump to: