Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:45:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 [1360] 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 ... 1743 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Blacknet BLN | Staking | Future of zApp & ZeFi  (Read 2509629 times)
digicidal

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 12:01:50 PM

so what the hell is up with cryptsy charging .5 BC for a withdrawal??  Angry

Desperate attempt at solvency?  Grin Honestly I have no idea - don't trade there and never will.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wulfcastle

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 12:03:39 PM

Price moving up a little ...
Price it 29.98K on MintPal around 15 mins ago.
buy-black

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 12:20:26 PM

ALWAYS BET ON BLACK - Update 27
FIBONACCI AND ELIOT WAVE - FACT OR FICTION? YOU DECIDE!

[/size]

Cringe! You're not really even close here. But I really like that you're trying it out.

First off, "Elliott Wave" not "Eliot Wave". Second, Ralph Nelson Elliott's Wave Principles are all over the interwebs now it's pretty easy to self-educate. Note: a big thing with Elliott wave theory is that you go UP in a 1-2-3-4-5 pattern and then correct DOWN in the A-B-C pattern.
Third, MACD's, stochastics, RSI, 200-day moving averages, exponential moving averages, etc etc etc are absolutely useless. Trust me I've researched this stuff my entire career and all those 'indicators' are useless in real-time for future predictions. Since you seem to be so persistent I though I would suggest you seriously peruse academic papers done on "Technical Analysis" here: http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/DisplayAbstractSearch.cfm
Fourth....We are now, yet again for the third time in a week, down again here at this 23k-25k region on low volume. I know some traders who swear by the third re-test of support as being the make-or-break re-test. We'll see though...

JL

Thanks JL, if have made my ELLIOT correction.

Cringe?  What do you mean?  If I am so wrong why dont you post your analysis.   It seems to me that you dont want the price of BC to go up because you are waiting for a bigger sell-off for cheaper BC.

I am trying to promote (educate) the use of intelligent analysis so that people who buy BC have a better understanding of how the market moves and you try to totally discredit what I am doing?

Buy-Black

BC + XC + DRK
IconicExpert

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 12:20:40 PM

Hi all

First off to Iconic, great work bud on the BlackCoin Cards, I can already see them being a huge success for BlackCoin and for crypto's in general. I had some free time today so I used it to redesign the BlackCoin Card GUI. It's just a concept, but I think it looks quite a bit better than the current GUI. Let me know your thoughts on it.

Redesigned GUI

Original GUI

For those of you who'd like to know. I've just opened a web and logo design service here on Bitcointalk : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=590322.0 and I'm allowing people to pay in BlackCoin.

My rates are :
700 BC for a Logo
2200 BC for a Website

Regards,
Wulfcastle

HI,

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. I read your PM but I was very busy and I wanted to respond in detail. The GUI is constantly being tweaked and it will continue to be tweaked weeks and months ahead. When designing a GUI you have to take your core demographic into consideration when deciding layout, font size, color, element location...etc..etc. Unfortunately the wallet software has to appeal to a diverse demographic and finding the right balance will take tweaking. There has to be a balance between beauty and functionality.

Your design is very nice but it is not a practical design for my development environment. When you design GUIs for developers you have to know the limitations of the tools being used to create the software, and you have to have a general knowledge of GUI design from a developers point of view. Also, you always have to take the end-user into consideration when designing GUIs. What appeals to a young techie will not appeal to someone in their late 50s that most likely use corrective lenses and cannot read computer font well.

Thank you and keep up the good work!
Wulfcastle

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 12:33:39 PM

Hi all

First off to Iconic, great work bud on the BlackCoin Cards, I can already see them being a huge success for BlackCoin and for crypto's in general. I had some free time today so I used it to redesign the BlackCoin Card GUI. It's just a concept, but I think it looks quite a bit better than the current GUI. Let me know your thoughts on it.

Redesigned GUI

Original GUI

For those of you who'd like to know. I've just opened a web and logo design service here on Bitcointalk : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=590322.0 and I'm allowing people to pay in BlackCoin.

My rates are :
700 BC for a Logo
2200 BC for a Website

Regards,
Wulfcastle

HI,

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. I read your PM but I was very busy and I wanted to respond in detail. The GUI is constantly being tweaked and it will continue to be tweaked weeks and months ahead. When designing a GUI you have to take your core demographic into consideration when deciding layout, font size, color, element location...etc..etc. Unfortunately the wallet software has to appeal to a diverse demographic and finding the right balance will take tweaking. There has to be a balance between beauty and functionality.

Your design is very nice but it is not a practical design for my development environment. When you design GUIs for developers you have to know the limitations of the tools being used to create the software, and you have to have a general knowledge of GUI design from a developers point of view. Also, you always have to take the end-user into consideration when designing GUIs. What appeals to a young techie will not appeal to someone in their late 50s that most likely use corrective lenses and cannot read computer font well.

Thanks man, no problem. I just wanted to show you my concept for the GUI. I understand that there as to be a balance between beauty and functionality, and the current GUI looks good. My concept was aimed more at the "young techie" rather than an elderly person, therefore it probably wouldn't be suited to as wide a demographic as your GUI.

TheGift73

Activity: 525
Merit: 501

GameX (GX) | NextGEN Gaming Cryptocurrency

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 12:38:45 PM

Hi all

Redesigned GUI

Original GUI

My rates are :
700 BC for a Logo
2200 BC for a Website

Regards,
Wulfcastle

HI,

Thanks man, no problem. I just wanted to show you my concept for the GUI. I understand that there as to be a balance between beauty and functionality, and the current GUI looks good. My concept was aimed more at the "young techie" rather than an elderly person, therefore it probably wouldn't be suited to as wide a demographic as your GUI.

Maybe Iconic will let your design become a skin option that people can use if they wish for the GUI on the BC card?

██

███
                                         ████
                                         ████

▄▄▄▄█████████████████████▄                  ▄████████▀
    ▄█████████████████████████████▄              ▄████████▀
  ▄██████████████████████▀ ▀████████▄          ▄████████▀
 ██████████████████████▀     ▀████████▄      ▄████████▀
████████                       ▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
███████ █████████████████████    ▀████████████████▀
██████   ▀███████████████████      ▀████████████▀
██████▄    ▀█████████████████      ▄████████████▄
███████▄     ▀███████████████    ▄████████████████▄
 ████████▄            ███████  ▄█████████▀ ▀████████▄
  ███████████████████████████▄█████████▀     ▀████████▄
   ▀█████████████████████████████████▀         ▀████████▄
     ▀▀████████████████████████████▀             ▀████████▄

███████                       ███████     
     █████████                     █████████    
   ▒█████████████████████████████████████████░  
 ▒█████   █████████████████████████████   █████░
 ██████░ ▒██████████████████████████████▓███████
████   ░█    █████  ░███████  ░███    █████    ██
███████   ██████████████████████████████▓████████
███████   █████████████████████████████   ███████
██████████████    ▓███████████░   ░██████████████
█████████████       █████████       █████████████
█████████████      ░█████████       █████████████
██████████████▓  ░███       ███   ███████████████
███████████░  ░▓█▓             ▓█▓   ▓███████████
██████████▒                           ▓██████████
█████████░                             ░█████████
███████                                   ███████
 █████                                     █████
  ▀▀▀                                       ▀▀▀
TWITTERTELEGRAMREDDIT
  JOIN OUR COMMUNITY! 
FACEBOOKINSTAGRAM
IconicExpert

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 12:51:01 PM

Hi all

Redesigned GUI

Original GUI

My rates are :
700 BC for a Logo
2200 BC for a Website

Regards,
Wulfcastle

HI,

Maybe Iconic will let your design become a skin option that people can use if they wish for the GUI on the BC card?

Yup Smiley Down the road I will implement a custom skin system. This is the very early stages of this software. There will be many features added and also removed over time. My next goal is to get everything localized so by late June / early July our Non-Enlgish speaking friends can enjoy BC in their native language.
Jabulon

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 12:55:58 PM

End gratuitous nastiness on this thread. And it's always gratuitous. And counterproductive.

Visit NightBark Music, home of the BlackCoin Music Video! https://www.youtube.com/user/nightbarkmusic
phaddie

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 01:01:37 PM

End gratuitous nastiness on this thread. And it's always gratuitous. And counterproductive.

Agreed, the above comment is useless.  Referring to nathias not yourself obviously.
digicidal

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 01:05:03 PM

[/size]

Cringe! You're not really even close here. But I really like that you're trying it out.

First off, "Elliott Wave" not "Eliot Wave". Second, Ralph Nelson Elliott's Wave Principles are all over the interwebs now it's pretty easy to self-educate. Note: a big thing with Elliott wave theory is that you go UP in a 1-2-3-4-5 pattern and then correct DOWN in the A-B-C pattern.
Third, MACD's, stochastics, RSI, 200-day moving averages, exponential moving averages, etc etc etc are absolutely useless. Trust me I've researched this stuff my entire career and all those 'indicators' are useless in real-time for future predictions. Since you seem to be so persistent I though I would suggest you seriously peruse academic papers done on "Technical Analysis" here: http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/DisplayAbstractSearch.cfm
Fourth....We are now, yet again for the third time in a week, down again here at this 23k-25k region on low volume. I know some traders who swear by the third re-test of support as being the make-or-break re-test. We'll see though...

JL

Cringe?  What do you mean?  If I am so wrong why dont you post your analysis.   It seems to me that you dont want the price of BC to go up because you are waiting for a bigger sell-off for cheaper BC.

I am trying to promote (educate) the use of intelligent analysis so that people who buy BC have a better understanding of how the market moves and you try to totally discredit what I am doing?

Buy-Black

I agree and I appreciate both of your analysis posts.  I hope you both keep up with it - but I agree... this constant bickering and posturing is ludicrous.  JL - your technical analysis is detailed and enjoyable... but the bottom line is that TA is still a lot of thumb-in-the-air flip-of-a-coin analytics.  Are there established theories? Yes.  Are there agreed upon mathematical calculations? Yes.  Is there no room for 'gut reactions' or an original perspective (even if that violates certain schools of thought on the matter)? YES.

If there are corrections to be made, then by all mean post those corrections - but the histrionics simply make it seem petty and self-motivated.  Constructive posting in this thread is already at a minimum... and you were one of the few that was included in that.  Please don't jump ship and move to the other camp - we need more brains and less ego as it is already. Cheesy

EDIT - To be fair on both sides, Buy-Black - I don't think that your suggestion of JL's motivations are in any way accurate or relevant, and his posts indicate otherwise.  I do understand getting a little defensive considering the demeaning 'tone' his post reads as being - but it's possible he didn't intend it to come off quite so strongly as it did.
Daedelus

Activity: 574

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 01:08:17 PM

Anyone know any more or have any good links for the changes to the POS mechanism?

digicidal

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 01:20:12 PM

Oh, come on, you are getting hypersensitive here. I don't want to bicker but I have seen these types of justifications many times, where the claim is always that the uglier design is somehow more functional. I don't mean to offend anyone, I just don't buy that type of rationalisation...

I agree with this.  As someone who has worked in UI design for decades, there are some simple rationales to follow, and Wulf's design is definitely a good one.

If you wish to have criticism be constructive... then you need to think as much about your tone as you do about the content.  I also agree that there is no reason not to have a more elegant layout involved and that the current design could be improved - but considering that the RAD environment used to produce the application was designed originally for the Atari ST (I actually didn't even know it had been made opensource and continued as a project) - there are undoubtedly some pretty ridiculous limitation as far as object layouts - i.e. it's not as elegant as a more modern IDE & language would provide.

However, there's absolutely no reason why someone couldn't start a project to produce a similar application using whatever design they chose... but IE has already stated that his application will be closed-source... so working on a separate project would probably be more fruitful than simply going around in circles trying to convince IE to do something different.  Wink
Jabulon

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 01:21:31 PM

Oh, come on, you are getting hypersensitive here. I don't want to bicker but I have seen these types of justifications many times, where the claim is always that the uglier design is somehow more functional. I don't mean to offend anyone, I just don't buy that type of rationalisation... I don't like the idea that beauty somehow prevents functionality.

Your point of view is valuable and valued. Subtract the sarcasm is all. We need to critique each other's ideas, that's part of how things get refined. But we don't need to make it feel like a slap in the face. Iconic has worked hard, as have others. This is a small example of a larger problem that has plagued the thread and the community unnecessarily. Many of us wish to see that change. It's harder to create in an atmosphere of continual smackdowns, flippancy and disrespect.

Visit NightBark Music, home of the BlackCoin Music Video! https://www.youtube.com/user/nightbarkmusic
phaddie

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 01:24:24 PM

Oh, come on, you are getting hypersensitive here. I don't want to bicker but I have seen these types of justifications many times, where the claim is always that the uglier design is somehow more functional. I don't mean to offend anyone, I just don't buy that type of rationalisation... I don't like the idea that beauty somehow prevents functionality.

I agree with you.  Your last post just read like an attack and did not express any of this at all.  Did not mean to start anything.

Phad
Wulfcastle

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 01:28:57 PM

Hi all

Redesigned GUI

Original GUI

My rates are :
700 BC for a Logo
2200 BC for a Website

Regards,
Wulfcastle

HI,

Yup Smiley Down the road I will implement a custom skin system. This is the very early stages of this software. There will be many features added and also removed over time. My next goal is to get everything localized so by late June / early July our Non-Enlgish speaking friends can enjoy BC in their native language.
Good stuff, once our Chinese friends hear about this forget the moon BC going to the edge to the Solar System
abrok

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 01:31:03 PM

Anyone know any more or have any good links for the changes to the POS mechanism?

Do you mean the announced changes from rat4?
The changes are shown in detail here:
https://github.com/rat4/blackcoin/compare/master...protocolv2
Daedelus

Activity: 574

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 01:39:51 PM

Do you mean the announced changes from rat4?
The changes are shown in detail here:
https://github.com/rat4/blackcoin/compare/master...protocolv2

Thank you.
jordixal

Activity: 221

Bitcoin lover

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 01:40:41 PM

so what the hell is up with cryptsy charging .5 BC for a withdrawal??  Angry

Use Mintpal, very low fee compared to Cryptsy

Razkin

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 01:43:49 PM

No, IE should keep it as he pleases as long as it is in development status. Reliability and multilinguality should be the main focus everything else can wait.
I for one don't care about twitter and don't want it in at all, so 1/3 twitter doesn't appeal to me at all.
Jesse Livermore

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 01:50:40 PM

[/size]

JL

Buy-Black

Buy-Black, it makes me cringe when I see completely incorrect technical analysis. Technical analysis can be incredibly useful, profitable and powerful when used correctly however it can be misleading, embarrassing and dangerous when used incorrectly. Furthermore, you do the entire world of technical analysis harm when you portray completely incorrect analysis.
Also, a lot of the time there is nothing really to analyze, especially in the short-term daily stuff. You don't always have to post analysis because it gets you caught up completely missing the forest for the trees, if that makes sense.
Take a step back once in awhile and look at the bigger picture.
You do make a good point though that I just criticized and didn't contribute...
so here is my Elliott (2 "L"'s and 2 "T"'s):

"To the moon" as they say!
We also have a short-term high volume high at 29998 which will be re-tested I'm guessing shortly.

JL

I own a DASH Masternode.... And you should too.
Pages: « 1 ... 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 [1360] 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 ... 1743 »
  Print  

Jump to: