R9 270 4~6 - 47 (2.8%)
R9 270 6+ - 93 (5.6%)
R9 280X 1~3 - 254 (15.3%)
R9 280X 4~6 - 255 (15.4%)
R9 280X 6+ - 268 (16.2%)
R9 290 1~3 - 150 (9.1%)
R9 290 3~6 - 91 (5.5%)
R9 290 6+ - 298 (18%)
OTHER (please specify in the thread) - 75 (4.5%)
NONE (Mining only) - 35 (2.1%)
Total Voters: 1656

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 440 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GPUC] GPU Coin | Mandatory Wallet Update  (Read 421195 times)
hashfever

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 02:58:07 AM

HashFever

Pre-registrations is open now!

http://gpu.hashfever.com

PROP payout system
Fast payouts -  5 min
1% pool fee

vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 03:00:01 AM

ASUS gpus are horrible, plenty of threads of horror about them. Please find other brands, even PowerColor.

MSI makes the best 270's (mine are 492-510kh), TOXIC makes the best 280's. Rock solid stability. Get a bunch of those and you're golden.

Amazon sold literally 2 trucks of MSI's out in a matter of less than an hour. ASUS are still plentiful..

You have NO idea of what you are talking about.
I returned two Sapphire's that sucked.
Asus 280x CU TOP is THE BEST hash and coolest/quietest 280x made, PERIOD.

+1 I haven't heard any negative reviews about the Asus 280x, except the stnd DOA's that every manufacture has once in a while. While I like the toxic's the best, the Asus 280x is voltage unlocked which makes my life way easier. I have 6 280x DCT's and lol to vesper, PowerColor, really?

If you haven't heard any negative reviews, you must have your head in the sand.. ASUS has been dogged like a stepchild on lots of mining forums, reddit, etc, because of a multitude of issues. It's not just a random string of failures. When tigerdirect, amazon and lots of other places have plenty of ASUS cards still in stock, while all the OTHER brands are sold out right now.. that should tell you something. That, by itself, should absolutely tell you something.

And yeah, the powercolor I've drieid ran cooler, faster, and used less power, than the asus cards I tried. It's not my preferred, but it did a hell of a lot more than asus did. The 280 and 290's might have fewer issues, but they certainly do have their issues.

They simply aren't robust. MSI is rock solid. Stout performance, takes it up the yang no matter how hard you push them or how hot they get (best components in the industry), and best warranty in the industry. Focusing on just one factor, sure ASUS are probably ok. But there are better options.

Sapphire TOXIC is probably the sickest 280 card out there. Best hashrate whether undervolted or not, and superior components as well.

fujikura

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 03:00:52 AM

If it launches with -n is there someone that can help me with my GPU's I use CUDA miner, I inherited a ton of rigs with Nvidia cards and I cant seem to get the right hashing levels using -n I tried with Vert coin today and I was getting 50% the hash I get on Scrypt.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 03:03:05 AM

no real point launching with scrypt n ...

will the windows qt be available before launch in password rar/zip files?

jimlite
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 03:03:25 AM

Firmly against a scrypt-N implementation. People saying "its GPU coin it should be asic immune" well there are none right now and you'll all soon change your tune when your R9 290's have to be RMA'd.

The R9 290 runs HOT no matter what.  If you can't keep a reasonable temperature,
underclock it.  I run Scrypt-N on my 280xs with no issues, and believe me or not,
EVERYONE says don't mine on a laptop.  Well guess what, I have a 3 year old laptop
with a radeon 6770m and it hashes scrypt at 100mh/s for months at 73C. COMPLETELY
safe and within thermal limits. However, when I go to play my 3d fps games (which this
I7 laptop was made for), the GPU goes to about 85C along with the CPU at 90C. That is
about 5C too hot for me to feel comfortable, but after speaking with intel, AMD, and HP
about it, they ALL said it was normal and fine. That was 3 years ago, the laptop is still
going strong. I have mined Scrypt-N with it also.  Mining will not kill my laptop, gaming
will since the GPU and CPU use the same heatsink/pipe, gaming uses both and the
thing really heats up, mining not so much.

Binance, hottest/largest alt exchange, 2BTC daily no verification. https://www.binance.com/?ref=13309371
NEED TO RENT A RIG? All algos at http://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=627

✵ Super FAST block times      ✵ Block Explorer right in the wallet!     ✵ Stealth Addresses     ✵ PoW/PoS hybrid  
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Ancient Money
for a New World
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Join the conversation!
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

TWITTER

phaddie

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 03:04:53 AM

If it launches with -n is there someone that can help me with my GPU's I use CUDA miner, I inherited a ton of rigs with Nvidia cards and I cant seem to get the right hashing levels using -n I tried with Vert coin today and I was getting 50% the hash I get on Scrypt.

Then you were doing it correct.  With -n you get about 50% of what you get with scrypt.
fujikura

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 03:07:21 AM

Then you were doing it correct.  With -n you get about 50% of what you get with scrypt.

Oh, wow! I see! I thought I was missing something and was quite confused! Thanks a lot!
zmhaha

Activity: 260
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 03:07:44 AM

Invested 0.5BTC for IPO.
I called for a N-factor.

For those of you don't just because you don't wanna reconfigure your rigs, you are gonna have to anyway when the 28nm Scrypt ASIC hit.

For those of you who say N-factor will damage your card, explains why? Just because of the stress it put on the card?
jimlite
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 03:08:05 AM

ASUS gpus are horrible, plenty of threads of horror about them. Please find other brands, even PowerColor.

MSI makes the best 270's (mine are 492-510kh), TOXIC makes the best 280's. Rock solid stability. Get a bunch of those and you're golden.

Amazon sold literally 2 trucks of MSI's out in a matter of less than an hour. ASUS are still plentiful..

You have NO idea of what you are talking about.
I returned two Sapphire's that sucked.
Asus 280x CU TOP is THE BEST hash and coolest/quietest 280x made, PERIOD.

+1 I haven't heard any negative reviews about the Asus 280x, except the stnd DOA's that every manufacture has once in a while. While I like the toxic's the best, the Asus 280x is voltage unlocked which makes my life way easier. I have 6 280x DCT's and lol to vesper, PowerColor, really?

If you haven't heard any negative reviews, you must have your head in the sand.. ASUS has been dogged like a stepchild on lots of mining forums, reddit, etc, because of a multitude of issues. It's not just a random string of failures. When tigerdirect, amazon and lots of other places have plenty of ASUS cards still in stock, while all the OTHER brands are sold out right now.. that should tell you something. That, by itself, should absolutely tell you something.

And yeah, the powercolor I've drieid ran cooler, faster, and used less power, than the asus cards I tried. It's not my preferred, but it did a hell of a lot more than asus did. The 280 and 290's might have fewer issues, but they certainly do have their issues.

They simply aren't robust. MSI is rock solid. Stout performance, takes it up the yang no matter how hard you push them or how hot they get (best components in the industry), and best warranty in the industry. Focusing on just one factor, sure ASUS are probably ok. But there are better options.

Sapphire TOXIC is probably the sickest 280 card out there. Best hashrate whether undervolted or not, and superior components as well.

I can only speak about 280x's since that is my expertise, and I have owned many of them.
NOTHING was more solid than the Asus direct CU top 280's, not MSI, not Sapphire..Maybe
previous Asus products were not as good, but the cooler on the CU is the best as well as
the chips being cherry picked for the top line.  And are you kidding? Asus direct CU top 280's
are NEVER in stock ANYWHERE online for more than 2 seconds.

Binance, hottest/largest alt exchange, 2BTC daily no verification. https://www.binance.com/?ref=13309371
NEED TO RENT A RIG? All algos at http://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=627

✵ Super FAST block times      ✵ Block Explorer right in the wallet!     ✵ Stealth Addresses     ✵ PoW/PoS hybrid  
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Ancient Money