R9 270 4~6 - 47 (2.8%)
R9 270 6+ - 93 (5.6%)
R9 280X 1~3 - 254 (15.3%)
R9 280X 4~6 - 255 (15.4%)
R9 280X 6+ - 268 (16.2%)
R9 290 1~3 - 150 (9.1%)
R9 290 3~6 - 91 (5.5%)
R9 290 6+ - 298 (18%)
OTHER (please specify in the thread) - 75 (4.5%)
NONE (Mining only) - 35 (2.1%)
Total Voters: 1656

Pages: « 1 ... 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 [190] 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 ... 440 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GPUC] GPU Coin | Mandatory Wallet Update  (Read 421195 times)
illiki23

Activity: 602
Merit: 295

Hail Eris!

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 06:45:26 AM

"I have also contacted TMSI Industries, Inc. in Canada, to design and prototype an 8 way PCIe 16x USB splitter/riser"

NO NONONONONO

I did not invest in this.

NO

Do not go into hardware development.  The owner is seriously getting ahead of himself.  He hasn't even succeeded launching the initial business yet.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███    

██████████

██████    

███████████

███████████████    

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

na]][/font][/font][/size][/font][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table][/tr
micryon

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 06:48:07 AM

As for the the business side, I have a prototype modular mining case being delivered this weekend that is made from aluminum, has holding space for up to 8 GPUs, slots for two PSUs and, of course, room for the motherboard.  The prototype will have round stock pillars that thread together to allow for stacking. Everything is made of aluminum that is rigid and supportive.  I have also contacted TMSI Industries, Inc. in Canada, to design and prototype an 8 way PCIe 16x USB splitter/riser.  It is comprise of a PCB that plugs into the 16x PCIe slot on the motherboard and a secondary PCB that attaches to the GPUs.  The splitter has 8 female USB 3.0 connector and the secondary PCB that attaches to the GPUs is SATA powered and has another female USB 3.0 connector.  This will allow for any motherboard with a single 16x slot to have the maximum amount of GPUs supported by the OS in service, without having to purchase an extremely expensive motherboard.  I was going to green light the project a few days ago, but the initial launch failure was a much more pressing issue.

Cool stuff.. btw, there are ways to load up > 8 GPUs per motherboard..  I'll tell you guys about it.. sometime. Smiley

VTC: Vi5NxyF6FPCCEQDrsDcA34P8pXe1Yck21y
PDR: PP3EQsV3oX9bBkjpsnESguMHz3tfMqHXhy PlanetDollar
rygamble

Activity: 160

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 06:49:33 AM

"I have also contacted TMSI Industries, Inc. in Canada, to design and prototype an 8 way PCIe 16x USB splitter/riser"

NO NONONONONO

I did not invest in this.

NO

Do not go into hardware development.  The owner is seriously getting ahead of himself.  He hasn't even succeeded launching the initial business yet.
Seriously. Might as well call up Alpha Technologies while we're at it.
MrGodMan

Activity: 143

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 06:50:00 AM

http://pastebin.com/p8MsznGH

The above is the email sent to IPO investors explaining what went wrong with the launch of the coin and the plans going forward.
Interesting read tbh.

znakistu

Activity: 263

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 06:50:59 AM

You Sir, make my day. Hope we will see a New kind of cryptocurency. Good luck.

K O N I O S        |│        The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
[   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ]      [ AIRDROP | LIVE ]      [    ICO  |  May 1st    ]
WHITEPAPER                       TWITTER                       TELEGRAM                       ANN THREAD
illiki23

Hail Eris!

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 06:56:37 AM

At this point in time, because the owner is talking about discussions with companies to develop hardware, that we need more transparency.

We need to know how the funds that where invested are being spent. 

I am sure that the funds are just being used to purchase gpus.  The website claims: "All sales of the initial pre-mined coins will be used to purchase GPUs to stock our on-line store."

We just need to make sure this is true.  GPUCoin needs to keep records of where the investor's money is going and share that information with us.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███    

██████████

██████    

███████████

███████████████    

███████████████████

micryon

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 06:59:29 AM

PCIE splitters via PLX bridge chips is pretty much just using existing off the shelf parts/tech.  Add to it some sheet metal (which no doubt will look nice) for casing... at the end of the day is several orders of magnitude less complex than designing a high mem b/w ASIC.

It is completely doable.  Probably can get a single hw board engineer to hack up a design (with some devkits from PLX).. So I can completely buy into Jaymes being able to make this happen.

VTC: Vi5NxyF6FPCCEQDrsDcA34P8pXe1Yck21y
PDR: PP3EQsV3oX9bBkjpsnESguMHz3tfMqHXhy PlanetDollar
Shintax

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 07:00:34 AM

Dear IPO investors,

First of all I share your frustration and concerns, and extend my utmost apologies regarding the failures associated with the initial launch of GPU Coin.  While I have plenty of experience in small business management and logistics, I am still finding that the tech industry, where software is the driving force behind the entire business, is quite different.  I originally found a developer that offered his services to build a bullet proof coin.  After looking over his web site, where he explicitly brought to light scam coins and highlighted other deterring details of other coin launches, I made the decision to hire him.  At that point I began the thread and started soliciting IPO investors to allow for GPU Coin LLC to raise the funding required for stocking the store front.

After the thread started, I was informed by the community that scrypt coins would soon be outdated once the ASICs started hitting shelves in large quantities.  I have seen only Gridseeds that are expensive and put out small amounts of hash, albeit at a much lower wattage.  At this point I took a poll and asked the IPO investors to make a decision.  Should GPU Coin be maintained as a scrypt and possibly be hammered, or switch up to scrypt-n to deter not only the current and future ASICs, but to alleviate the multipool hash rates that would no doubt ensue once the coin maintained any sort of intrinsic value.  The GPU Coin community was loud and clear, and the decision was made to change to scrypt-n.  After I informed the developer of the intended change, what was given was a wallet that was missing libraries and only had one node, which was my own computer. The lack of a github, where others could grab the source for their own uses only added to the confusion.  The fact that there were 1,400 people sitting in the IRC chat room at launch, making this launch extremely traffic heavy, only made things worse since GPU Coin was not ready for that volume of users.  It was obvious that there were many people that wanted in on GPU Coin, due to the business plan associated with it.

The first launch ended in complete failure with the block chain forking all over the place.  Recognizing the situation I called off the launch, citing that it was FUBAR.  I started looking for someone to fix the problems and make GPU Coin launch properly.  I was contacted by micryon who offered his services to help GPU Coin launch.  I was also contacted by the owner of OakPool, who stated they had already formulated a  fix for the source code with their team of developers and were ready to get it out in the open.  I made the decision to go with this new team of developers who had already fixed the source and had successful launches in the past.

We pushed for an extremely quick launch, since we already had the source code fixed, and wanted to make sure that people who prepared for the GPU Coin launch wouldn't have to wait an entire week.  The team helped me through setting up nodes and making sure the coin wouldn't fork. We launched what we thought was the right coin.  Although the forking was alleviated, it turned out that the programmer had accidentally pushed the wrong source code forward, releasing an exact copy of Pandacoin, not GPU Coin.  To preserve the integrity of GPU Coin and our IPO investors I decided that giving the IPO investors something completely different than what we initially agreed upon without consent was not the way to go. I was forced to abort the launch again.  A single mistake, was made under stress, had halted everyone's hard work.

We now have a team consisting of micryon, cryptowest, and their associates. To ensure a successful launch, the new launch date is Sunday March 9th to allow for additional testing and debugging. This will enable our development team to push out GPU Coin with no errors. The nodes and source code will be ready and GPU Coin will be launched successfully. Although we have suffered some bumps in the road our plan is sound and I am confident in GPU Coin's imminent successful launch.

As for the the business side, I have a prototype modular mining case being delivered this weekend that is made from aluminum, has holding space for up to 8 GPUs, slots for two PSUs and, of course, room for the motherboard.  The prototype will have round stock pillars that thread together to allow for stacking. Everything is made of aluminum that is rigid and supportive.  I have also contacted TMSI Industries, Inc. in Canada, to design and prototype an 8 way PCIe 16x USB splitter/riser.  It is comprise of a PCB that plugs into the 16x PCIe slot on the motherboard and a secondary PCB that attaches to the GPUs.  The splitter has 8 female USB 3.0 connector and the secondary PCB that attaches to the GPUs is SATA powered and has another female USB 3.0 connector.  This will allow for any motherboard with a single 16x slot to have the maximum amount of GPUs supported by the OS in service, without having to purchase an extremely expensive motherboard.  I was going to green light the project a few days ago, but the initial launch failure was a much more pressing issue.

In summary, I again wish to apologize to you, our IPO investors, for the lack of contact as I was dealing with the situation in real time working with the development team. We will supply miners their GPUs without the hassle of transferring into fiat currency, at prices cheaper than the main competitors.  GPU Coin LLC will further the mining community by developing hardware that will push GPU mining to a more efficient platform. I am firm in my belief that GPU Coin LLC will live up to our original plan as we solve our technical issues.  I will stand by my offer to allow any IPO investor to back out if they think GPU Coin and the supporting business plan hold no intrinsic value. I am confident that we now have a team that can solve our technical issues.  I remain dedicated to launching a quality coin worthy of your investment and support.

GPU Coin LLC, CEO
        Jaymes Reilly
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow! This sounds pretty sweet actually. Looking like a comeback for GPUcoin!

@Micryon, your successful launch of RealStackCoin has earned my trust in that you will provide great service to GPUCoin.
@cryptowest, let's face it, you were dealt a shit hand. Dust off your shoulders, crack your knuckles and test, re-test, and test again before launch day. I wish you the best of luck with this launch and will be following your launch of FragCoin.
@GPUCoin CEO, don't get ahead of yourself, there's no sense investing money (be it IPO, or personal) in prototypes when your your first prototype (the coin itself) just crashed and burned, not once, not twice, but three times! Let's take this step by step: Successfully launch GPUCoin. Successfully launch the store front. Successfully launch the marketing campaigns. Then think about prototyping mobos, peripherals, and what-not. It's plain to see that there are still some of us in this community that still believe in you, your team, and the coin/business model. Don't blow it by diverting your attention to some silly cables.
Best of luck this sunday. I'll be watching.

▀  ███       LEDGER  WALLET   PROTECT  YOUR  BITCOINS
▀  ▀▀▀       Smartcard security for your bitcoins        Decentralized,Open,Secure         Available now  []
▀  ▀  ▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
illiki23

Hail Eris!

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 07:00:58 AM

PCIE splitters via PLX bridge chips is pretty much just using existing off the shelf technology.  Add to it some sheet metal (which no doubt will look nice) for casing... at the end of the day is an order of magnitude less than designing an high mem b/w ASIC.

It is completely doable.  Probably can get a hw board engineer to hack it up with some devkits from PLX.. so i can completely buy into Jaymes getting this to happen.

I would love for this to happen, as long as none of the initial IPO investment is used to fund this venture.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███    

██████████

██████    

███████████

███████████████    

███████████████████

jollyriffic

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 07:03:31 AM

my reply to the email

Code:
Thank you for the update.
as an IPO holder, i'd really like the -n to be reevaluated, there are other types of measures that can be taken, doesn't cause everyone to switch over to the vertcoin miner (horrid in my opinion). using -n requires many people to do all new testing on their cards to see how high they can get their hash and make sure it doesn't crash.
In the end, you gain less coins for the same amount of power. unless this coin raises in value quite a lot, its not worth the electricity bill to mine it. so in short if we stick with -n i'd like my IPO back as that will just cause this coin to flop and i don't want any part of that.

UVC: Uc4hCM76fL8iQWgDJE34QA6hrnp2rGTq43    
EMC2: EKwkYKT6LE79ywhKhQtgqkbzcDhzRoB5kP   LTC: LZ7ffsTS93pR5cSZ9KMQMVunkEHRtPrZn9   
OakPools

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 07:05:07 AM

And the best part? We are nearing 200 pages on this thread before the actual launch of the coin Shocked

Can I get an amen?
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 07:19:28 AM

So...  Get ready for the next launch..

Test and Prepare Your miners  @ https://gpu.suprnova.cc
Mine Vertcoin until the switch will be done automatically like two times before already.

If you rather like to Mine Pandacoin until the launch, look at https://panda.suprnova.cc

Jump in,  lets get this thing finally Rolling!

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
BKM

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 07:21:16 AM

And the best part? We are nearing 200 pages on this thread before the actual launch of the coin Shocked

Can I get an amen?
mebbe someone could edit all the pool spam out and that would get us back - say 40 pages or so Wink

yes- this coin attracted a lot of attention and will continue to do so.....

Props to Jaymes for the well written email..... next time don't wait to just jump on here to say "I'm writing you all an email and will be in touch soon - thanks for all your input - we are listening but cannot possibly reply to the volume of inbound PM's, messages and emails individually at this time."
Radi777

Activity: 400

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 07:24:13 AM

Can I get an amen?
mebbe someone could edit all the pool spam out and that would get us back - say 40 pages or so Wink

yes- this coin attracted a lot of attention and will continue to do so.....

Props to Jaymes for the well written email..... next time don't wait to just jump on here to say "I'm writing you all an email and will be in touch soon - thanks for all your input - we are listening but cannot possibly reply to the volume of inbound PM's, messages and emails individually at this time."

+1 exactly

█████████████████     ████████
       ████████              ████████
     ████████     ███████  ████████     ████████
    ████████     █████████████████     ████████
████████     ████████  ███████     ████████
          ████████     █████████████████
▄▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██     
██
██
▬▬ THE LARGEST & MOST TRUSTED ▬▬
.BITCOIN SPORTSBOOK
   ▄▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██     
██
██
             ▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄
     ▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀        ▀▄▄▄▄           
▄▀▀▀▀                 █   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
█                    ▀▄          █
 █   ▀▌     ██▄        █          █         
 ▀▄        ▐████▄       █        █
  █        ███████▄     ▀▄       █
   █      ▐████▄█████████████████████▄
   ▀▄     ███████▀                  ▀██
    █      ▀█████    ▄▄        ▄▄    ██
     █       ▀███   ████      ████   ██
     ▀▄        ██    ▀▀        ▀▀    ██
      █        ██        ▄██▄        ██
       █       ██        ▀██▀        ██
       ▀▄      ██    ▄▄        ▄▄    ██
        █      ██   ████      ████   ██
         █▄▄▄▄▀██    ▀▀        ▀▀    ██
               ██▄                  ▄██
                ▀████████████████████▀

CASINO    DICE    POKER   
     ▬▬  24 hour Customer Support  ▬▬   
kopam

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 07:52:15 AM

So for when is the next launch planed ?

▐▒▄
          ▄▄▌   ▐▒██▒▒▄
       ▄▒███▌     ▀▒███▒▒▄
   ░▒▒██▒▒██▌  ▄▒▄▄   ▀▒███▒▄
   ▐██▒  ▐██▒▒██████▒▄▄   ▐███
   ▐██▌  ▐███▒▀   ▀▀▒██▒   ███
   ▐██▌  ▐██▌       ███   ███
   ▐██▌  ▐██▌       ███   ███
   ▐██▌  ▐██▒▒▄   ▄▄▒███   ███
   ▐██▌   ▀▒███▒▒██▒▀▀   ▐███
   ▐▒███▒▄▄   ▀▒▒▀   ▄▒████▒
       ▀▒███▒▄      ████▒▀
          ▀▀▒███▒   █▀
              ▀▒█
BEXAM
███  █
    █
███  █
    █
███  █
    █
███  █

█  ███
█   
█  ███
█   
█  ███
█   
█  ███

▄████▄
                       ▄▄█████▀▀███
                   ▄▄████▀▀    ███
             ▄▄▄████▀▀   ▄▄   ▐██
         ▄▄█████▀      ▄█▀   ██▌
    ▄▄████▀▀▀      ▄███▀     ██▌
   ████▀       ▄▄████▀      ▐██
    ██████▄▄  ▄█████▀        ██▌
         ▀████████          ▐██
           ▀████▌           ███
            ▀███  ▄██▄▄    ▐██▀
             ███▄███▀███▄   ███
             ▀███▀▀   ▀▀███▄██▌
                         ▀▀█▀▀

▄▄▄██▄▄▄   ▄
    ██▄           ▄████████████▀
    █████▄▄      ▐█████████████▀
     █████████▄▄▄▄▐████████████▌
    █▄█████████████████████████▌
    ▀██████████████████████████
      ▀███████████████████████
      ▐██████████████████████
        ▀██████████████████▀
          ▄▄█████████████▀
    ▀████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄██████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████
   ████████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
   ███████████████      ██████
   ██████████████▌   ▐█████████
   ████████████▀▀    ▀▀▀██████
   ████████████         ██████
   ████████████████████████████
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█  ███
█   
█  ███
█   
█  ███
█   
█  ███

███  █
    █
███  █
    █
███  █
    █
███  █
jollyriffic

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 08:02:30 AM

So for when is the next launch planed ?

the heading of each post has the date

UVC: Uc4hCM76fL8iQWgDJE34QA6hrnp2rGTq43    
EMC2: EKwkYKT6LE79ywhKhQtgqkbzcDhzRoB5kP   LTC: LZ7ffsTS93pR5cSZ9KMQMVunkEHRtPrZn9   
Abitcoinfuture

Activity: 386

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 08:07:39 AM

What's the Deadline for the time of day on the 9th anyone know that?
cryptowest

Activity: 437

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 08:18:14 AM

@Micryon, your successful launch of RealStackCoin has earned my trust in that you will provide great service to GPUCoin.
@cryptowest, let's face it, you were dealt a shit hand. Dust off your shoulders, crack your knuckles and test, re-test, and test again before launch day. I wish you the best of luck with this launch and will be following your launch of FragCoin.

Hey, thanks, I appreciate that. Everything will be 100% BEFORE the new launch, as we should have done it.
enviouk

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 08:22:12 AM

Hey, thanks, I appreciate that. Everything will be 100% BEFORE the new launch, as we should have done it.

Someone up this guys pay grade! .25 for the shit storm he had to deal with yesterday is unacceptable.
qiji

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 08:36:29 AM

Looking vary nice Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 [190] 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 ... 440 »
  Print  

Jump to: