R9 270 4~6 - 47 (2.8%)
R9 270 6+ - 93 (5.6%)
R9 280X 1~3 - 254 (15.3%)
R9 280X 4~6 - 255 (15.4%)
R9 280X 6+ - 268 (16.2%)
R9 290 1~3 - 150 (9.1%)
R9 290 3~6 - 91 (5.5%)
R9 290 6+ - 298 (18%)
OTHER (please specify in the thread) - 75 (4.5%)
NONE (Mining only) - 35 (2.1%)
Total Voters: 1656

Pages: « 1 ... 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 [192] 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 ... 440 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GPUC] GPU Coin | Mandatory Wallet Update  (Read 421195 times)
ramyun

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 09:55:28 AM

what people aren't understanding about -N is you'll make coins slower, using more electricity.
For this coin to be worth the effort they will need to raise drastically in price to be worth mining.

for that simple fact, i'm pulling out as an IPO unless they change that. I signed up as IPO because it was script. wouldn't have ever gave any btc otherwise!
with scrypt i can make two times the profit and by a card quicker than i could with any coin that's -N

Supply and demand. If this coin is harder for everyone to mine than it will cause the price to be higher as a result. Look at alt coins that have a cap in billions. Then look at coins that have a cap of millions. What do you notice?

you not aware that doge is actually more profitable to mine than litecoin?
that one coin alone has proven that amount of coins doesn't matter, its the majority that makes it valuable and using -n will tank this coin.
if any changes are to be made, it should be the IPO holders that have the say, not some stupid 2hr poll on a forum with a 10000000 to 1 troll ratio.
I've got personal investment, why should some random person get to vote when they likely aren't even going to mine it?
the general consensus with the IPO holders was "we dont want -n"

If it's not - n, at the moment this coin are extracting by intelligent mine pool  from China. Only the value of this coin are
 destroied.
Anonymousg64

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 10:06:06 AM

this is going to be proven wrong real soon, professional diy chip fab is coming

We shall see about that.  maybe some day i can start printing 25nm chips in my home... but then by that time we'd probably be using quantum tech.. Smiley

also gpu are stuck to their gaming purpose,

I think you're assuming that the 2 GPU companies aren't watching or don't care about this market...

its doable, just because no one sat down and focused on making a professional grade home chip fab yet doesnt mean it will take years to do so. diy chip fab actually already exists, ofcourse its nowhere near capable of 65nm or let alone 25nm.

if gpu makers do get into the game, there wont really be any difference to the end result of hashrate monopoly's. your worse off with gpu makers getting into crypto mining then having asic companys get involved.
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 10:09:07 AM

what people aren't understanding about -N is you'll make coins slower, using more electricity.
For this coin to be worth the effort they will need to raise drastically in price to be worth mining.

for that simple fact, i'm pulling out as an IPO unless they change that. I signed up as IPO because it was script. wouldn't have ever gave any btc otherwise!
with scrypt i can make two times the profit and by a card quicker than i could with any coin that's -N

Supply and demand. If this coin is harder for everyone to mine than it will cause the price to be higher as a result. Look at alt coins that have a cap in billions. Then look at coins that have a cap of millions. What do you notice?

you not aware that doge is actually more profitable to mine than litecoin?
that one coin alone has proven that amount of coins doesn't matter, its the majority that makes it valuable and using -n will tank this coin.
if any changes are to be made, it should be the IPO holders that have the say, not some stupid 2hr poll on a forum with a 10000000 to 1 troll ratio.
I've got personal investment, why should some random person get to vote when they likely aren't even going to mine it?
the general consensus with the IPO holders was "we dont want -n"

If it's not - n, at the moment this coin are extracting by intelligent mine pool  from China. Only the value of this coin are
 destroied.

To network be allive we don't need HIGH speed in TGS speeds... just because we don't encrypt harder this is no point in making it for ASICs. Asics are for people who want exploit crypto and they will destroy idea of decentralization...
GPUs was chosen just because all PC users have GPUs...
And cpus are using botnets so Gpus left as right choice.
GPU coin farmed by ASICs this is REAL JOKE guys.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
micryon

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 10:41:02 AM

if gpu makers do get into the game, there wont really be any difference to the end result of hashrate monopoly's. your worse off with gpu makers getting into crypto mining then having asic companys get involved.

I wouldn't put i past ASIC makers to be able to get effectively into this n factor increase market, like i said it's all about how money there is in it...especially for adapative nfactor, as it is really is just a small evolution.  Fast memory controllers isn't a walk in the park though.. some GPU businesses have lost millions due to it.  It's tricky stuff, not everyone will have the mojo to do it.. even if they have a 25nm chip fab in their home..

Algos are evolving, adaptive-nfactor is a small evolution on that front.  I would not put it past the abilities of the community , if we really wanted to.. design an algo that is very specific to the GPUs.  Maybe run your hash through some 3d tesallation of the model of that monster you just illed in quake.. and then back through an h264 encoder... or... something... Wink

VTC: Vi5NxyF6FPCCEQDrsDcA34P8pXe1Yck21y
PDR: PP3EQsV3oX9bBkjpsnESguMHz3tfMqHXhy PlanetDollar
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 10:55:47 AM

Dark coin uses keccak along side other similar algorithms
Is that Asic resistant. if it is i would suggest we use that.
Listen, people. NOTHING is ASIC resiatant in the long term. When LTC was created, using a scrypt algo, it was meant to be ASIC resistant. However, technologies go further with high speeds and 2-3 years later we do have ASICs for scrypt.
Understand that whatever algo to be used, soon or later the asics for it will come out. One may take longer, but soon or late, ASICs (or even new type of hardware) will be created for anything. Yes, these algos are a short term solution. However, in the long term this is an everlasting war with two parties.

even if there will be new asic that can mine new scrypt coin algo(keccak, n-factor ecc...) there will be also new algo, which asic will not be able to mine, in the end there will be always at least one algo that is anti-asic...deal with it asic are bad
lolobubu

Activity: 133

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 11:45:44 AM

Received my IPO email a couple hours ago and must say that you have alleviated some of my frustration if not all. As I read I really liked what you were saying and completely bought me back into the coin
Same here i was happy to read the mail
pastet89

Activity: 378
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 12:14:38 PM

Anyone dissapoined from all that project and willing to get refund from the IPO, if interested into me buying his share, contact me on PM please.

Cryptostats.es
CombatVolcano

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 12:15:58 PM

I do not want at all to be a part of this if it's scrypt-n.

Scrypt ASICS are a lie. 100% an absolute LIE. Still reading? If you stopped reading already you are in your turtle shell full of shit. If you're still with me, THERE CAN BE NO SUCH THING as a Scrypt "ASIC" BECAUSE YOU STILL NEED EXPENSIVE FAST RAM WHICH IS WHY GPU'S ARE EXPENSIVE.

The "Scrypt-n" thing is a SCAM in itself. This coin is dead as shit and the LAST POSSIBLE SECOND change to -n proves that the people running this are complete morons that know nothing about how all this actually works.

Stick your heads out of your boxes and smell the clean air. If you keep shitting where you live you won't have a house for long.

Idiots.

Edit: forgot to ask: exactly how many more launches do you plan to do?
lolobubu

Activity: 133

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 12:37:13 PM

Scrypt ASICS are a lie. 100% an absolute LIE. Still reading? If you stopped reading already you are in your turtle shell full of shit. If you're still with me, THERE CAN BE NO SUCH THING as a Scrypt "ASIC" BECAUSE YOU STILL NEED EXPENSIVE FAST RAM WHICH IS WHY GPU'S ARE EXPENSIVE.

The "Scrypt-n" thing is a SCAM in itself. This coin is dead as shit and the LAST POSSIBLE SECOND change to -n proves that the people running this are complete morons that know nothing about how all this actually works.

Stick your heads out of your boxes and smell the clean air. If you keep shitting where you live you won't have a house for long.

Idiots.

Dont like what you see ?   please move along sir.... nothing for you to see here
phaddie

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 01:15:27 PM

I also received my email and I think it is a good start!!
Zackgeno96

Activity: 1778
Merit: 520

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 01:18:53 PM

200 pages of useless garbage new record?

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
hendr1x

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 01:27:52 PM

Can we get an update on our IPO% based on people pulling their offering.  It seemed like the CEO was manually calculating that stuff, it would take me 10minutes to write a script to do it automatically and generate the html to paste on the website.
sonysasankan

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 01:37:44 PM

Idiots.

Ha ha ha ha ha.... are you like in some vague world of denial or something? Ever heard of gridseed? Maybe the rebranded Hashbro?

Pinkcoin Donations Address ---> PINK: PB9TmJXZTqzLroz9cLzCQe2cNWzEwJeq5g | BTC: 14Yxxxxko19qtLi3k2yvtWQ54vSQg2mLjB <---
Rent Mining rigs for cheap
Speedie

Activity: 504
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 02:23:59 PM

Please educate yourself on the interplay between block target time and difficulty before making such profoundly false statements.

>>what people aren't understanding about -N is you'll make coins slower, using more electricity<<

No. If there are X coins per block with Y as the target block time, then difficulty N will adjust so that Y is maintained. Therefore it doesn't matter if the algo results in hash rates 1/2 of Scrypt (Adaptive-N) or many time times faster (e.g. Keccak) the same number of coins will be generated per day and the same hardware will receive the same number of coins.

>>with scrypt i can make two times the profit and by a card quicker than i could with any coin that's -N<<

No. If your hash rate with a card is, for example, 700KH/s Scrypt and 350KH/s Adaptive-N then everybody else's hash rate is reduced proportionally too. Therefore your proportion of the total network hash rate, and thus your proportion of the total generated coins, is the same.

Following your logic, my 7950s that generate 680KH/s Scrypt should be approximately 3x more profitable when mining DRK as each card gets 2MH/s on that algo. Alas no.
mpmsvv

Activity: 65

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 02:29:52 PM

anyone got the IPO refund?
I send my wallet address to receive the IPO investment but until now I didn´t receive nothing.
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 03:27:01 PM

So...  Get ready for the next launch..

Test and Prepare Your miners  @ https://gpu.suprnova.cc
Mine Vertcoin until the switch will be done automatically like two times before already.

If you rather like to Mine Pandacoin until the launch, look at https://panda.suprnova.cc

Jump in,  lets get this thing finally Rolling!

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
illiki23

Activity: 602
Merit: 295

Hail Eris!

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 03:34:08 PM

anyone got the IPO refund?
I send my wallet address to receive the IPO investment but until now I didn´t receive nothing.

They probably will not issue the refunds for a little bit.  They did say they would in their recent communications so I would not worry about it.

I am going out of town for awhile so I will not be able to request a refund (if I decide on that course of action) until I get back in ten days.  It is a little inconvenient but will have to work.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███    

██████████

██████    

███████████

███████████████    

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

na]][/font][/font][/size][/font][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table][/tr
johliks

Activity: 38

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 03:38:02 PM

Idiots.

I agree there is no such thing as a Scrypt ASIC. Nobody has ever seen one. However, if you send me BTC I promise I'll ship you one. LOL
Stanr010

Activity: 70

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 04:07:15 PM

Dark coin uses keccak along side other similar algorithms
Is that Asic resistant. if it is i would suggest we use that.
Listen, people. NOTHING is ASIC resiatant in the long term. When LTC was created, using a scrypt algo, it was meant to be ASIC resistant. However, technologies go further with high speeds and 2-3 years later we do have ASICs for scrypt.
Understand that whatever algo to be used, soon or later the asics for it will come out. One may take longer, but soon or late, ASICs (or even new type of hardware) will be created for anything. Yes, these algos are a short term solution. However, in the long term this is an everlasting war with two parties.

Maxcoin Sha-3 is supposed to be ASIC resistant. They can change the algorithm on the fly and all you would need is for the developer to update the wallet and client to handle that algorithm

This is an issue of hardware miner resistance, such as ASICs. Keccak is the starting algorithm for MaxCoin and at this point in time no hardware miner currently exists. However, creating a Keccak ASIC is not impossible. Therefore, in order to protect against a hardware-miner future we are going to implement an "ASIC protection" feature into MaxCoin. This will work by allowing the blockchain to decide a new hashing algorithm for MaxCoin every x blocks. More specifically, the last authenticated transaction's hash is used to determine an integer and depending on this value an algorithm will be selected. This will mean hardware miners will find it difficult to create hardware in enough time to see profitable return. Purely for example, these could be:
x Algorithm 0 Keccak 1 Blake 2 Grostlx2 3 JH 4 Skein 5 Blake2 6 JH(Grostl) 7 Keccak+Blake
regtable69

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 04:10:16 PM

_s3v3n_ : yes - relaunch Sunday March 9th - Dev + CEO MIA since last night

sonysasankan : you can't just go around making stuff up because you think it sounds right.

An IPO member thinks he can take legal action for stolen bitcoins. Well that "sounds wrong" to me. Or maybe I could be wrong... but I'm fairly certain bitcoin is not a Govt recognized currency that is backed up by legislation for misuse, theft, etc. You know of any laws that were passed recently by any states that declared bitcoins as an accepted commodity of value that can traded, etc. I'm all ears if you have!

The very nature of decentralization prevents any central authority to be able demand someone to pay up with an "or else..." attached to the sentence. So ya... it definitely "sounds right" when I say legal action is futile...

Virginia has statutes covering losses of commodities and other items which have a dollar value. It could be Pixie Farts, but if it's traded or otherwise has a provable fiat value in the state, it can be covered.

Hence why he has an LLC, to keep his nuts out of the boiler. If it was just an individual it would be a little harder, but with an LLC you just present your evidence and the judge hits the gavel and it's over in 5 minutes.
Hmmmm... interesting. But bitcoin by itself has no intrinsic value and neither is it a service with a fixed or hourly fee. It is not a recognized share of a company that has a stock value at the exchange either. The "Bitcoin Exchanges" out there are pretty much an escrow service that mediates  the agreed upon transaction between two people. If I buy 1 BTC from someone for $700, I do not own a tiny percentage of the company called "Bitcoin" whose worth can be calculated based on their quarterly/annual income. So basically how valuable it is, is decided by me and the other person who is paying for it. It can be anything from $5 to $750. So how is a fiat value determined.
^^^^^teh fook^^^^^^ do you owns a share in a company called dollar when you get paid for your days work? do you get shares in exxon when you give dollar for petrol? and do you won a share in a shop when you pay them money nooooo ist goods-services

just to let you all know someone offering ipo investments and services for anything as afformentioned pixie farts whom has taken payment and then delivered no results is theft be deception which applys to all living creatures bearing a name be it a govt registered alias or a common law name and as such a common law court or small claims court can find in favour of the defendant quite easially meaning you may present pitchforks at the door if this is how you deem to get funds back the defendant may not be forced to pay back the stolen ipo btc as you say because it itself without exchanges and public faith in btc it is not a currency in its own right. but dont forget the fix it again tomorrow dollar you have in your pocket too holds the same meaningless intrinsic value as a btc just the fact of its long use and public trust and faith in it holds it higher than btc without this your dollar would be nothing more than a pixie fart.

Moreover what is the judge going to declare? Pay back the bitcoin? I don't think there is a bitcoin bank account tied to the LLC that can be frozen.... there has to be cash (or physical goods like siezed graphics cards) in the shop/property for any financial dispute to be resolved right? Am I missing something fundamental here?

http://ghettomining-co.in/net/coin 0% fee +potential block reward  https://discord.gg/NXDanPe net discord
http://ghettomining-co.in/ltc/coin 0% fee                                            https://discord.gg/kHekYc5 pool discord to sign up
http://ghettomining-co.in/waya/coin 0% fee
Pages: « 1 ... 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 [192] 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 ... 440 »
  Print  

Jump to: