Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:36:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is A joke and will never last.  (Read 19767 times)
gpucoolingmethod

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 06:19:07 PM

And it's headed towards not even having cards.
what exactly? RFID chips?
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 06:19:57 PM

The problems it has been facing currently are so severe for such a mature coin that it is not worth of using anymore. It is ridiculous how long it takes even to get 1 confirmation. Today it took almost 8 hours with me despite I used relatively high fee - 0.005 BTC.
Hmm. Mine went through in 2mins. Are you sending from bitcoin-qt?  

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
qiwoman

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 06:27:19 PM

Bitcoin and alts as well have many applications and the fact that they are innovative technologies are helping to pave the way forward for more people to come up with ideas of ingenuity and creativity. It is helping to build communities that otherwise would never happen. Bitcoin is just not for transactions it has a much much wider impact on people's lives in general. It has totally transformed mine that I am now working full time at home just promoting Bitcoin and Digital Currency in general. Smiley Just my 2 bit..
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4490

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 07:02:25 PM

i agree with the OP...... bitcoin is a joke and here is why

1. it can make you happy and improve your outlook on the future
2. once you hear it you get tempted to tell others, to improve their life
3. there are a few things in life that get spread around the world, and everyone hears about no matter what language, which enriches their lives. and one of those is a good joke.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
BTCisthefuture

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 07:37:37 PM

The average consumer is not going to partake in bitcoin when transactions can take hours or even days (currently waiting 3+ hours to move money between accounts). Bitcoin is a fad and will never be a real currency due to the massive draw backs that are built into the currency itself and can not be counted. One of the reasons to use Bitcoin was due to the low fees. The fees will continue to raise as mining cost increase and people have to pay higher and higher fees just to get their bitcoin moved to a new location.

You will never be able to walk into a shop and just pay for an item. You will have to wait untill the transaction is confirmed which is currently taking hours and will eventually take days/weeks.

Bitcoin will fail once a better digital currency is introduced.

Well I'm glad you took the time out of your day to create an account and make a post full of things that are inaccurate, to a group of people who understand bitcoin.  I hope you accomplished whatever you were hoping to accomplish  Smiley

Hourly bitcoin faucet with a gambling twist !  http://freebitco.in/?r=106463
Andrew717

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 07:39:47 PM

The problems it has been facing currently are so severe for such a mature coin that it is not worth of using anymore. It is ridiculous how long it takes even to get 1 confirmation. Today it took almost 8 hours with me despite I used relatively high fee - 0.005 BTC.
Hmm. Mine went through in 2mins. Are you sending from bitcoin-qt?  

I've only ever done one transaction through my iphone blockchain app, (actually purchasing goods, I mean) and that transaction didn't take 2 minutes...it didn't take 1 minute.  It was instant, just like a credit card.  Maybe I got lucky?
igorr

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 07:46:23 PM

Bitcoin is shit, and there are only speculative value, and speculation coming from manufacturer mining hardware.

Cлaвьcя, Oтeчecтвo нaшe cвoбoднoe,
Бpaтcкиx нapoдoв coюз вeкoвoй,
Пpeдкaми дaннaя мyдpocть нapoднaя!
Cлaвьcя, cтpaнa! Mы гopдимcя тoбoй!
MakeBelieve

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 07:52:29 PM

Bitcoin is shit, and there are only speculative value, and speculation coming from manufacturer mining hardware.

Bitcoin is shit then why are you here? trying to become rich quick this thread is a joke.

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
mountainlion

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 07:54:08 PM

OP assuming you're anything but a troll. Try buying something on overstock or tigerdirect using bitcoin, that will shed some light on your assumptions.
igorr

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 07:54:42 PM

Bitcoin is shit then why are you here? trying to become rich quick this thread is a joke.

nope

Cлaвьcя, Oтeчecтвo нaшe cвoбoднoe,
Бpaтcкиx нapoдoв coюз вeкoвoй,
Пpeдкaми дaннaя мyдpocть нapoднaя!
Cлaвьcя, cтpaнa! Mы гopдимcя тoбoй!
apsvinet

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 08:18:47 PM

Pls move this to 'Beginners and help', this guy is obviously a newbie in need of some reality checkup.
But thank you for taking time of your life posting about something that is a "joke and will never last".
Time well spent, don't you think?  Kiss

∎               GAWMiners The Hashlet World's first digital cloud miner!
∎∎∎   No pool fees Instant activation Never obsolete Always profitable
skywave

Activity: 420

"to endure to achieve"

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 08:38:57 PM

There are only 2 winners with Bitcoin:

- Those who mined and stockpiled 1000s of them when they were just bits and had no value
- The manufacturers of ASICs

Bitcoin has become a snob-club for those who are 'inside'.

I for one will not be able to participate - mind you: I don't care much - I will find affordable and much better 2nd and 3rd generation options than Bitcoin.
The 'man on the street' will also never be able to participate.

Bitcoin has already become that 1% against the 99% which it was supposed to eliminate!

Radix - Just Imagine  Financial Freedom   ...coming soon, to a network near you...!
samurai1200

Activity: 303

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 10:10:33 PM

Hodl for the longest tiem.

Use it or lose it: http://coinmap.org/
grifferz

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 11:12:13 PM

- Those who mined and stockpiled 1000s of them when they were just bits and had no value
You don't see any future where humanity as a whole could benefit from a currency that is not tied to a nation-state? Bitcoin is more than mining and speculating you know.

Fortunately, Bitcoin is also more than bitcointalk.

I for one will not be able to participate - mind you: I don't care much - I will find affordable and much better 2nd and 3rd generation options than Bitcoin.
Can I ask why you are on this forum if you feel you will never be able to participate in Bitcoin?

I agree it's still highly technical, but I have explained it to a number of not-so-technical people and some of them have dabbled. "Never" is a bold assertion based on that.
Neis234 (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 01:59:05 AM

For the majority of people who would use bitcoin it doesnt matter about any of the technical stuff. All people are going to care about is if it works, how well it works and can they be ripped off. Bitcoin in its current form is a pain in the ass. Everything about it is worse then standard currency. From the way it fluctuates, its susceptibility to attacks, the amount of time it takes to purchase btc and make purchases. Etc.

Im all for an online currency. But unless btc changes it wont make it as a long term real currency.

"Oh, I tried to explain the technical sidr but people are just to dumb". Most people dont give a shit. They want something that is reliable and fast. Not this. Btc is good for trading with its self but thats about it. Sorry to the blind sheep who think otherwise.

skywave

"to endure to achieve"

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 06:29:35 AM

You don't see any future where humanity as a whole could benefit from a currency that is not tied to a nation-state? Bitcoin is more than mining and speculating you know.

Yes I do - but that future I think will not be with Bitcoin - it will be with other currencies which are many steps ahead of Bitcoin in the usability/availability to everyone - also to the 'little user/investor'

Fortunately, Bitcoin is also more than bitcointalk.

Can I ask why you are on this forum if you feel you will never be able to participate in Bitcoin?

Of course you can ask. I am here because I am into other currencies than Bitcoin - and because bitcointalk is one of the major foras where you can get information about virtual currencies - good, bad, stupid, qualitative etc. etc.

I agree it's still highly technical, but I have explained it to a number of not-so-technical people and some of them have dabbled. "Never" is a bold assertion based on that.

Might be - but let me rephrase it to 'probably never' then

Radix - Just Imagine  Financial Freedom   ...coming soon, to a network near you...!
phazon307

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Don't fear Crypto Exchanges go with honest well kn

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 06:53:10 AM

I like being able to trade cryptocurrencies on a trade at my own decision without having to pay a broker 25,000 just so he can maybe make me more.

Win up $200.00 usd in bitcoins every hour.
seriouscoin

Activity: 658

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 07:03:01 AM

Bitcoin has already become that 1% against the 99% which it was supposed to eliminate!

Sounds like you're a dumb ass who still think "participating" means holding 1000s of bitcoins and become rich.

Or maybe you're just jealous..... LOL at your "participation"

Go buy Dogecoin if you want to hold "thousands"

Meanwhile ppl , who are looking into the bitcoin technology for a change, are happy holding "thousands" mBTC. Do i need to name mBTC something else like millicoins for you to be "participating"?

Retard.
seriouscoin

Activity: 658

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 07:06:22 AM

For the majority of people who would use bitcoin it doesnt matter about any of the technical stuff. All people are going to care about is if it works, how well it works and can they be ripped off. Bitcoin in its current form is a pain in the ass. Everything about it is worse then standard currency. From the way it fluctuates, its susceptibility to attacks, the amount of time it takes to purchase btc and make purchases. Etc.

Im all for an online currency. But unless btc changes it wont make it as a long term real currency.

"Oh, I tried to explain the technical sidr but people are just to dumb". Most people dont give a shit. They want something that is reliable and fast. Not this. Btc is good for trading with its self but thats about it. Sorry to the blind sheep who think otherwise.

lol why even open your mouth and remove all doubts?

God damn you've not gone far in life do you?
skywave

"to endure to achieve"

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 07:28:15 AM

@seriouscoin
'dumb ass' 'Retard' lol - it is exactly such language which ensures that I most definitely will not be interested in Bitcoin. That kind of expressions belong in kindergarten - not between adults in a forum where people should become interested in what you are trying to sell.

No I am not jealous - I am just not interested in Bitcoin because it is missing vital features to be attractive to everyone.
I have other much more interesting currencies on my wishlist. You will know soon enough.
And FYI it is not about 'holding thousands' it is about the price of the BTC - and due to that price those who 'hold thousands' have become the 1%

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: